Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96152 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I Have Finally Bought My First Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Gottiii: 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
OfficialSam:

Toks or Nigerian used?

Toks, I really appreciate your response.

What’s the trim?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Daughterboard(m): 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
It was a sweetbitter experience

Congratulations.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by onatisi(m): 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2022
nothing is expensive if one really wants it . i believe that is what happened to the man , he has been dreaming about the car and will get it at any cost .
Ofemmanu1:

Same here bro.
Still enjoying my Honda DC but hope to upgrade to 2012 Accord.

It still beat my imagination how a sane human will spend as much as N4.1m and all the stress in the world to get an old overrated bland car like 2005 Corolla?!

It's either the guy is mad upstairs of the money isn't a clean one.

Now he'll be bugaring everbody in PH with that fuckkkin car, thinking he's arrived.

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bizzyliss(m): 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2022
onatisi:
nothing is expensive if one really wants it . i believe that is what happened to the man , he has been dreaming about the car and will get it at any cost .
was anxious
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by onatisi(m): 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2022
yeah , by now he is wiser and will take more time and study before buying a second car
Bizzyliss:
was anxious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by shegun4sur: 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
DAY 5: SEARCHING FOR TOYOTA COROLLA IN APAPA.
It was still raining when I woke up in Oshodi. I o lying went to Lagos with one trouser and two shirts with a pair of shoes. Everything was soaked.
I moved from Oshodi to Apapa.

Getting there I saw a lot of TOYOTA Corolla cars.
I asked their prices it was the same price with Port Harcourt. I was angried with myself. Why will I leave a car in Port Harcourt and go to Lagos to buy it at the same price.

But I didn't have a choice than to go home with a car.

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OfficialSam(m): 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
Gottiii:

Toks, I really appreciate your response.

What’s the trim?

The sedan comes with LX, LX-P, EX & EX-L. There are other trims for a Coupe, but since we are not talking about that, we will skip.

My advice is avoid EX-L which is the luxury trim with leather seats. Not for any flaw though except the leather which will look awkward at the long run. So get any trim with fabric; you will enjoy it.

Another advice: Try to stay away from 2008 models. Generally, when I shop for any car, I like steering clear from the first year of any model. It is assumed that any defect will be corrected from later years.

If you are buying it now, your budget for 2009/10 Toks should be 3M to 3.2M

MODIFY:

If you're buying the I4 engine, steer clear from a 2.0L engine. Buy the 2.4L engine. The reason is the 2.0L is under-powered and getting a replacement engine is like a rocket science, if anything goes wrong, because they're only few of them in the market.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by okoroemeka(m): 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
It was a sweetbitter experience
thank you lucky stars that the Gods are watching over you,most of your movements are obvious to a self-servicer that you are new in Lagos and ready for reaping,be more security proactive while in dangerous ground like Lagos,times are hard and the boys are out and not smiling,thank God you made it back with minor scrapes
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by akinsanya005: 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2022
Dear Comrades,

Please what can be done when "CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON" in toyota corolla.. and I read online that says you can remove battery for hours and replace it.. and which i did and it got cleared. But it shows back and the screen. please what can be done?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by okoroemeka(m): 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I went to Lagos because I saw online that it was cheaper in Lagos than PH.
Online price isn't actual price.
last year I wanted get a clean used 06 Honda DC and Lagos was giving #1 m-#950k,the day I wanted to enter bus at onitsha to Lagos I decided to try my luck at the car market at onitsha,lo and behold I saw lots of cars and got a very clean 06 Honda DC at #850k,I paid them sharp sharp,put #3k fuel and drove away with ac chilling, navigation system working,clean neat leather vseats,no check lights,every thing intact and sharp.lagos bye bye

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Gottiii: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
OfficialSam:

The sedan comes with LX, LX-P, EX & EX-L. There are other trims for a Coupe, but since we are not talking about that, we will skip.

My advice is avoid EX-L which is the luxury trim with leather seats. Not for any flaw though except the leather which will look awkward at the long run. So get any trim with fabric; you will enjoy it.
Another advice: Try to stay away from 2008 models. Generally, when I shop for any car, I like steering clear from the first year of any model. It is assumed that any defect will be corrected from later models.

If you are buying it now, your budget for 2009/10 Toks should be 3M to 3.2M

MODIFY:

If you're buying the I4 engine, steer clear from a 2.0L engine. Buy the 2.4L engine. The reason is the 2.0L is under-powered and getting a replacement engine is like a rocket science, if anything goes wrong, because they're only few of them in the market.

Thanks bro, I really appreciate.

I am wondering why Camry “10 is more expensive though.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Shiko77: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2022
Bizzyliss:
which car and them chop u wella
camry 2010 I later beg then with 10k after wasting my time.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
THE JOURNEY TO PORT HARCOURT
As early as 7am I was on my way toto LIBRA park.

I used to hear of LASTMA officials and how wicked they are to drivers.

I was praying not to fall victim.

I used Google map straight to the park. Met a driver heading to Port Harcourt. I told him I came to Lagos to purchase a car. I don't know my way back to ph and would like to follow him.

He told me no problem.

Soon his bus was full and he started moving.

I started my car it did not start. I almost fainted. That was the last bus to ph how will I do.

I opened the bonnet hit the battery and it started. I moved with speed even drove one way in order to meet up with the driver.

Finally met him then changed lane and was following him at the back will we got to Ogun state.

When we reached Ondo state he stoped at their stopping point told me that police and custom will disturb me on my way and in case he drove pass he directed me how I will get to warri.

Read with understanding. I never said the bumber pulled off. I said bumber broke while fog light pulled off.

Know the difference between fog light and bumber.

That is the bummber being worked on after their accident.
i need you to think of how much you spent in total to buy this car (inclusive of travel expenses and all), look at the car you spent that much buying (result of not asking someone more knowledgeable than yourself to guide you and help you get you preferred car at a faarrr cheaper rate for same toks standard you got) then carefully look at the car images i posted down with their prices attached. Please note that I know the person who sells these cars and I’ve made purchases from him too so no…. They are mot prices meant to pull you in but the actual selling rates at the moment. (Note that the red one is jot tokunbo but is tokunbo standard… see the price…) Sometimes, we have to agree that there are those who know more than we do and that we are not always as smart as we think we are. I’m just so upset you spent so much getting a 2007 Toyota Corolla. Kai… also kindly take a look at this tokunbo 2010 Toyota Corolla going for 4 million naira…. https://www.nairaland.com/6405817/cleanest-2010-corolla-4m-last

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I went to Lagos because I saw online that it was cheaper in Lagos than PH.
Online price isn't actual price.
lol. You were just catfished. They obviously saw that you had more money to spend. I buy cars on jiji too. What I see is what I pay. Prices do jot change. You’re obviously very new to bargaining and paying exactly how much you want to pay or even less. You were taken advantage of.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2022
akinsanya005:
Dear Comrades,

Please what can be done when "CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON" in toyota corolla.. and I read online that says you can remove battery for hours and replace it.. and which i did and it got cleared. But it shows back and the screen. please what can be done?
you can’t just sleep away a problem. Something obviously hs triggered the check engine light. You need to sort that first. Get a scanner and scan your car to know what the problem is. Sort it out and use the scanner to clear the error code and it will stay off. That is until there is another issue that might need attention. Bad spark plugs, bad coil, even blocked catalytic converter amongst other things can trigger the check engine light and until the trigger is sorted, you can’t wish away the problem.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Ofemmanu1: 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2022
checkmatez:
see as they use pics evidence and silent you!!
Lol nothing to drag again

Corolla fanboys won!
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Poleski: 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN THE CAR.

Please Corolla users give me TIPS. The dos and donts of the car.

I have finally arrived PH with the car I went to Lagos to buy.

TheI car and I are in good shape.
Though I'm just recovering from body pains.

This is my first time driving a car that long.

The engine alert light is on. Go fix the engine. They normally use a computer to check the problem. Don't allow mechanics to do a guess work with your car.

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Poleski: 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
Op can you come visit me let me see ur car?? I stay in kaduna ,you can come through Abuja kaduna express

You want to kidnap him? Only a fool would go to Kaduna, a hub of terrorists, at this time.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Niswayne19: 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
Congratulations to you.
You can also buy the new Oraimo watch 2 Pro here in Lagos or across Nigeria

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bizzyliss(m): 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2022
Shiko77:
camry 2010 I later beg then with 10k after wasting my time.
their money na 2k, dem know say u no be delivery man
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bizzyliss(m): 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
i need you to think of how much you spent in total to buy this car (inclusive of travel expenses and all), look at the car you spent that much buying (result of not asking someone more knowledgeable than yourself to guide you and help you get you preferred car at a faarrr cheaper rate for same toks standard you got) then carefully look at the car images i posted down with their prices attached. Please note that I know the person who sells these cars and I’ve made purchases from him too so no…. They are mot prices meant to pull you in but the actual selling rates at the moment. (Note that the red one is jot tokunbo but is tokunbo standard… see the price…) Sometimes, we have to agree that there are those who know more than we do and that we are not always as smart as we think we are. I’m just so upset you spent so much getting a 2007 Toyota Corolla. Kai… also kindly take a look at this tokunbo 2010 Toyota Corolla going for 4 million naira…. https://www.nairaland.com/6405817/cleanest-2010-corolla-4m-last
u for find out why them never buy the cheap car since Feb 2021 till now, go back to the market and check the current price of that 2010 corolla

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by pocohantas(f): 1:05am On Jul 19, 2022
zicoraads:
I think you ended up spending more, but your story is fun to read.

Cars have become mightily expensive it's scary. Got a 2009 Matrix this past week in Abuja too. This Toyota has even become something else, maybe because of this Uber people, I don't know.

It's crazy crazy.

Congratulations on your new ride.

I’ll take matrix over this Corolla. It has a better dashboard and shape. Congrats to him. It was quite an adventure.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by IbrahimSola: 2:02am On Jul 19, 2022
I learnt one thing about car gears. When you want to park your car, don't move it all the way from drive to park.

First change to N (Neutral). Engage the hand brake (or lift up your foot from the normal brake and match again. Now, the weight and pressure is on the brake (especially hand brake) and not the gear. Then u can now return to P (Park). All these are done within 2 seconds once you get used to it. It can prolong the lifespan of your gear box by so much. Just make it a habit. Congrats for ur new toy.

AbelAbdul:
I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN THE CAR.

Please Corolla users give me TIPS. The dos and donts of the car.

I have finally arrived PH with the car I went to Lagos to buy.

TheI car and I are in good shape.
Though I'm just recovering from body pains.

This is my first time driving a car that long.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:47am On Jul 19, 2022
Bizzyliss:
u for find out why them never buy the cheap car since Feb 2021 till now, go back to the market and check the current price of that 2010 corolla
I sell cars bro. Only greed makes most dealers hike up prices unreasonably.

Let me give you a recent example. Currently in the market, a tokunbo 2006 Mercedes C200 sells for about 2.9m-3M but we shipped one in ourselves and total landing cost rounded up to 2M(this was about 2-3weeks ago) if that car comes in through another dealer, he’ll hike up the price to about 3M. That’s a whooping 1M in profit that he is looking for. Tell me that isn’t greed. 1 million naira on 1 car. Come on man.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bizzyliss(m): 7:15am On Jul 19, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:

Let me give you a recent example. Currently in the market, a tokunbo 2006 Mercedes C200 sells for about 2.9m-3M but we shipped one in ourselves and total landing cost rounded up to 2M(this was about 2-3weeks ago) if that car comes in through another dealer, he’ll hike up the price to about 3M. That’s a whooping 1M in profit that he is looking for. Tell me that isn’t greed. 1 million naira on 1 car. Come on man.
how much is duty for 2006 first?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by melviniyke2002(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2022
care4you:
Your compound says alot about you....

.... this one na correct mugu...
grown up man,wud just come online n say total rubbish......wetin concern u n d compound....
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Itsrm(m): 8:02am On Jul 19, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:

I know you are lying and you know it too. That 2m alone is what you'll use to clear the vehicle if it was actually 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Itsrm(m): 8:05am On Jul 19, 2022
Bizzyliss:
how much is duty for 2006 first?

The guy is a terrible liar

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bizzyliss(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2022
Itsrm:

The guy is a terrible liar
him de tell person wey no dey import cars
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2022
Itsrm:

I know you are lying and you know it too. That 2m alone is what you'll use to clear the vehicle if it was actually 2 weeks ago.
ok grin
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:27am On Jul 19, 2022
Itsrm:

I see some of you still think the only way to bring cars into the country is via the ports… issok…. Let’s agree to disagree and stay there let over priced duty be killing you people.. This is Nigeria. There are a lot of ways to pay less duty than the overpriced nonsense you’re given at port of entry and I’ll still drive interstate with same vehicle I didn’t spend as much as you did clearing.. where your knowledge stops, that of another begins. grin
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by zicoraads: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2022
pocohantas:

I’ll take matrix over this Corolla. It has a better dashboard and shape. Congrats to him. It was quite an adventure.
Omo, na wa oooo...your signature na die. cheesy grin cheesy

The Corolla dey vex me now sef. And the prices these dealers were calling ehn. Anyway, heard Customs are the ones driving the prices up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.