Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96148 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I Have Finally Bought My First Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
tsdarkside:

for crying out loud,you are a nigerian....have you forgotin how to banter....??

you can price anything down....you are such a wuss....you should have stayed in ph....
I have uploaded pics. The Eagle worth The stress.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Godpunishanymod:
Thank God you finally got what you longed for and you're sound and safe In PH... I followed your previous story then and I was damn scared that you might probably be scammed, thank GOD you ain't....

Abeg make una come drop tips for THIS NEW SUPER EAGLE RIDER o
I have uploaded pics
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Buharidgeneral:
Where is the picture or don't believe
I have uploaded pics.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
2special:
Lucky that those guy's didn't scam you, such a risk
I have uploaded pics. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Solosolojohquay: 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
I can see but next time such risk is not worth it , you have practically run at a loss if it was a business venture congratulations on your new car but be well guided in future foolishness has killed many people in life than wisdom is a yoruba proverb I wish well in all your endeavors

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2022
Rayd502:
Op I admire you guts for a not too experienced driver handling a car all the way from Lagos.

You should have gone with a trusted friend,the trip would have been a bit interesting. And a second opinion on some matters can be useful.

Then again the security risk involved in these uncertain times we are in being that you were in an unfamiliar terrain for the first time.

Thanks to God you succeeded in achieving your goal.

Enjoy your ride.
Thank you. I have uploaded pics of the car
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
Op can you come visit me let me see ur car?? I stay in kaduna ,you can come through Abuja kaduna express
aieromon

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by 1x2x3: 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
OP you bought that car total of 4.1M? That car I see in that picture?
You were robbed trust me. There are other options you could have gone for with that amount, you probably relied on the myth of fuel efficiency which you can easily get in other alternatives...... Anyway congrats.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
AgentGoat:

I think it's still fair. Considering the type of risk he put himself.

AbelAbdul drop pictures now.
I have uploaded pics
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Ixodes(m): 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
W
AbelAbdul:
Where are those who said I will be scammed?

Though I have spent close to N4.1m in this journey.
Omo 4.1m for a corolla probably 03 model

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
GamalNasser:
You are lucky you even found a Tokunboh car that didn't disappoint you on the road
I have uploaded pics

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2022
yesloaded:
4.1m on Toyota Corolla is nothing but waste of money + time

It's good that you arrive port Harcourt safely

You could have just buy at 3.7m in port Harcourt & save your 400k

That 400k will fuel your car for more than a year
I saw online that Lagos price was cheaper that was why I go to Lagos

6 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
Solosolojohquay:
The story look made up someone that can afford 4.1m compare to the 3.8 m in port Harcourt will never go through that risk rich people don't stress themselves he will rather add money and buy the one in port Harcourt than coming to Lagos to put his life at risk attached picture of the car with you inside it and the repaired front light
I went to Lagos because I saw online that it was cheaper in Lagos than PH.
Online price isn't actual price.

14 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OK2NVME: 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
Not worth the time, stress , effort , sleaze, dangerous hotels, poisonous food, police racketeering and highly deadly Nigerian highway.

I would have just bought the car in PH and used half a day to check everything on ths car before buying it.

Well, you did have at least somewhat of an adventure to share. But in my book wasn't worth it and for a fcking Pleb car like a Corolla?

15 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2022
Solosolojohquay:
The story look made up someone that can afford 4.1m compare to the 3.8 m in port Harcourt will never go through that risk rich people don't stress themselves he will rather add money and buy the one in port Harcourt than coming to Lagos to put his life at risk attached picture of the car with you inside it and the repaired front light
That is the car

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by SleekyP(m): 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
Nonsense!!!

You could have gotten Camry 2012/2013 Naija used with sharp engine.

What a waste of time & funds angry

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bridget95(f): 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
Should have bought the car in portharcourt and have peace of mind. Lagos is for goods not cars.purchase your cars in your state and have rest

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by brightest5050: 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Where are those who said I will be scammed?

Though I have spent close to N4.1m in this journey.

Congratulations, I followed your previous thread closely. I really do admire your determination and strong will.

But 4.1 million that was approximately the amount spent is way too high for that Corolla not to even talk of the risk/adventure.

The total amount you sent would have gotten you 2013 camry (a very sharp Nigeria use) or you could have saved up and buy Tok. I think stereotype of corolla influenced your choice of car and decision

13 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by just4fun(m): 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congrats Man. You really faced hurdles but crossed it, Bravo!!

May the car never give you problems...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OK2NVME: 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
The only time I will be going through all that trouble and risk the OP subjected himself to is if I am going to buy a battle tank or APC vehicle from Lagos because driving on or using road transport on Nigerian highways is a big No for me.

8 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
Ixodes:
W
Omo 4.1m for a corolla probably 03 model

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bravetunde: 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
With 4 million naira I believe you can get a neatly used es 350 in ph and instantly girls will be tripping for you.
These car you bought is now even used as taxi and the clean once as bolt.
In my opinion u should have bought a Lexus even is 250 will give you so much respect.
But what do I know shall.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by 2special(m): 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Though 4.1m is on the high side, just be grateful that you didn't experience any mechanical or electrical issues from Lagos to P/Harcourt... Probably the engine is sound and strong...you will definitely enjoy the car with good maintenance from you

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OK2NVME: 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2022
brightest5050:

Congratulations, I followed your previous thread closely. I really do admire your determination and strong will.

But 4.1 million that was approximately the amount spent is way too high for that Corolla not to even talk of the risk/adventure.

The total amount you sent would have gotten you 2013 camry (a very sharp Nigeria use) or you could have saved up and buy Tok. I think stereotype of corolla influenced your choice of car and decision

My thoughts exactly. He would have gotten himself a clean direct Canada Camry.

A friend of mine bought one just about four months back from same Lagos for 3.5.

Adding naira devaluation that car would be going for no more than 3.9mil as of today.

Heck, I would even get an ML 350 Nigerian used but in good shape for less than what the op spent procuring that Pleb car that has no single class, driving experience off road or on road.

What am I concerned about fuel consumption? I be taxi driver? I will drive that Benz till the wheels fall off.

Benz owner speaking , and I know the myth Nigerians have about Benz being expensive to maintain and all but I can assure you its all a myth.

If you follow the instruction manual on maintaining your Benz to a T you won't have any issues. Their parts are made to last and not replaced. So that's why if they break down they cist you an arm. Yes Benz is your typical over engineered German car built by German autists for fellow German autists obsessed with details and micromanagement. But this is a German car after all built in German tradition for a German driver. I keep telling people who erroneously complain about Benz maintainace cost that only sloppy ret@rds with little or no knowledge about cars complain about German cars.

The only thing you have to do with a Benz is follow all maintenance as stated by the manufacturer and never ignore any small issues no matter how minor as this can escalate to a major issue in a very highly engineered car like benz.

Toyota is crap. I can't even see myself drive any of their salons as it is so light and feels so unsafe when handling on High speeds. I like their off road cars tho but their salons suck.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bridget95(f): 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
1x2x3:
OP you bought that car total of 4.1M? That car I see in that picture?
You were robbed trust me. There are other options you could have gone for with that amount, you probably relied on the myth of fuel efficiency which you can easily get in other alternatives...... Anyway congrats.
4.1 million that can buy a nice Toyota spider

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by relaxandsmile: 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
You took a great risk and this should not be an inspiration to anyone. How can you drive 170km/hr, when the speed limit is 100km/hr ?
Surely accident is the instructor of a careless learner.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by luminouz(m): 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
OK2NVME:

My thoughts exactly. He would have gotten himself a clean direct Canada Camry.

A friend of mine bought one just about four months back from same Lagos for 3.5.

Adding naira devaluation that car would be going for no more than 3.9mil as of today.

Heck, I would even get an ML 350 Nigerian used but in good shape for less than what the op spent procuring that Pleb car that has no single class, driving experience off road or on road.

What am I concerned about fuel consumption? I be taxi driver? I will drive that Benz till the wheels fall off.

Benz owner speaking , and I know the myth Nigerians have about Benz being expensive to maintain and all but I can assure you its all a myth.

If you follow the instruction manual on maintaining your Benz to a T you won't have any issues. Their parts are made to last and not replaced. So that's why if they break down they cist you an arm. Yes Benz is your typical over engineered German car built by German autists for fellow German autists obsessed with details and micromanagement. But this is a German car after all built in German tradition for a German driver. I keep telling people who erroneously complain about Benz maintainace cost that only sloppy ret@rds with little or no knowledge about cars complain about German cars.

The only thing you have to do with a Benz is follow all maintenance as stated by the manufacturer and never ignore any small issues no matter how minor as this can escalate to a major issue in a very highly engineered car like benz.

Toyota is crap. I can't even see myself drive any of their salons as it is so light and feels so unsafe when handling on High speeds. I like their off road cars tho but their salons suck.

Alaye rest na!!!!

Haven't you done enough already? It's his money and he got what he wanted. No one asked for your opinion because it's not your money.
All I see on the thread are insults and abuses from NLanders who just don't wanna mind their business and just be happy with OP.

Is it the poverty rate in the country or just sheer jealousy/wickedness? See ugly replies on this thread just because Op bought a car with his own money. It's only on my country that people will be dictating to you how to spend your own money.

WTF!!!

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by care4you: 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2022
This one na potential maga!

If i get you as client ehhh?....e don sure for me

7 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Obyangel: 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
For a better understanding of this thread, it is advisable that you read the previous two threads I created.

This thread is my true life story. Before I proceed on telling you my experience leaving Port Harcourt to Lagos to purchase a car, I would like you to note these few things.

1. This wasn't my first time going to Lagos though I go to Lagos once in a blue moon.

2. This was my first time going to Lagos by road.

3. I started driving a vehicle not quite long and I have not driven a car for more than 20 times.

4. I have not attended driving school before.

5. I don't see clearly at night.

Now let's begin.

Owning a car was one of the things on my to-do list for this year.
I met a couple of friends, told them my intention of buying a car and that I want a reliable, easy to maintain and less fuel consumption car. Most of them advised I should go for Toyota Corolla.

I started making plans since January. I was with N2m as budget at that time the car cost was between N2.5m and N2.7m.

When we entered April, the cost of the car hit N2.9m.

The more I delayed the higher the price of the car.

Finally on June I said I will buy the car. Visited car stands in Port Harcourt where I base the least I saw was N3.7m for American spec and N3.4m for Asian spec.

Friends advised me toto buy American spec that is stronger and better.

I entered jiji and realized that the American spec which is between N3.7m and N3.8m in Port Harcourt was N3.3 and N3m in Lagos.

I told myself that I will go to Lagos to purchase it.

A day came that I was prepared to go I went to Good is God park but their bus was full.

I went to LIBRA motor park, boarded a bus and we left PH at 8am and entered Lagos at 5pm. We got stuck at Ajah hold up from 5pm to 7pm we arrived their park.

It was raining. I looked for a hotel to pass a night there. The least hotel I saw 6k was actually a brothel very dirty and noisy. Security was not guaranteed.

I went to the one of 25k and slept till the next day.

You really tried, but next time try to contact me to help you drive the car to Port Harcourt at the rate of 60-70k, including all settlement.
08033123231 or 08023008007

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by tobore4u(m): 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
That is the car
congrat for your new ride.

You suppose buy drink for guys o..

How u see am? My post account details make me sef follow celebrate grin
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by care4you: 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
Your compound says alot about you....

.... this one na correct mugu...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.