Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96151 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I Have Finally Bought My First Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bizzyliss(m): 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
I see some of you still think the only way to bring cars into the country is via the ports… issok…. Let’s agree to disagree and stay there let over priced duty be killing you people.. This is Nigeria. There are a lot of ways to pay less duty than the overpriced nonsense you’re given at port of entry and I’ll still drive interstate with same vehicle I didn’t spend as much as you did clearing.. where your knowledge stops, that of another begins. grin
go to five star and ask for the price to clear that 2006 now. Except ur smuggling ur cars thru land borders which the op don’t want. Ps: the money is his even if he buys the car for 5m naira e no affect anybody pocket and the main thing Gia that he is happy with his car

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OkodiDenzel: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Online pictures kill you there

The way your new ride will kill you too.

Since you can't read in-between the lines. Let's start
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Talph: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2022
jubrilELsudan:

ODE....YOU DON SEE SEY MONEY DEY HIM HAND SO YOU WAN GO TRY YOUR LUCK TO THIF HIM CAR ABI?

THUNDER FIRE YOU WITH YOUR LET ME COME CELEBRATE WITH YOU.

You're probably right. I would retrace my step now and be upright like you want me to be.

Thanks �
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Waterbear(m): 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
Bizzyliss:
bro where u see es 330 2.5m?

I have one..
Actually 2 ...
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Talph: 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
Ofemmanu1:

Werey, oto...

Better hustle hard and celebrate yourself.

Thanks for making me see the need to hustle so I can make money for myself too.

Again, thanks
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by cmoney22222: 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
Congrats op. Na fuel the car go use , e no go use blood. Always service your car with the recommended fluid . And no give person your car to Dey drive anyhow. Cheers

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by valarinz: 10:38pm On Jul 19, 2022
Dksmile:

Imagine not even V6, V8 do you know what it takes to maintain V8 cars especially for this our present economic and even the car self no get secondhand value for nigeria no try am abeg

Let's not dabble into the other ignorant claims littered in your post, let's focus on the bolded parts.

Kindly define "second hand value", in the context which you used it here?

Is it that when it's time to resell, there's no one to buy? Or is it that the Corolla will seemingly fetch more money?

2008 highlander toks sells for 6m range,naija used sells for 4.4m range.. roughly 1.5m difference...
2008 XC90 toks sells for 4m range and naija used sells for 2.5m range... roughly 1.5m loss

For every argument you could make for selling the highlander used for higher figure I can also make same claim on the Volvo.

The issue is you daft illiterates just say "hey, you see naija used Volvo na ordinary 2.5m they dey sell am,if na highlander now you fit sell am 4.5m, Volvo no get second hand value at all"..could anyone be more dumb?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by CedarHoldings: 1:51am On Jul 20, 2022
4.1m for a Toyota corolla is too much, hope Toyota will not kill Nigerians one day
henry247:
Chaii, this guy really fall hand oh. See wetin he for kukuma return back the next day as he see say cars for Lagos is same price in portharcourt. How can u buy a poor man's car like Corolla 05/06 spending up to 4.1m Mhennnn! Am so f...kin angry with u. U had a budget and all u would have done is to stick to it. Ur narration and attitude is a real case of money miss road. I guess u are still single, hence u wasted such amount of money for an 05/06 Corolla car. Chaiiiii,dem suppose flog u 80 lashes of koboko. Nansense
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by adebayo111: 10:36am On Jul 20, 2022
OK2NVME:

Well, it wasn't worth the money, stress and risk for a pleb car like that.
not your biz

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by rukyboy(m): 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
valarinz:

Let's not dabble into the other ignorant claims littered in your post, let's focus on the bolded parts.

Kindly define "second hand value", in the context which you used it here?

Is it that when it's time to resell, there's no one to buy? Or is it that the Corolla will seemingly fetch more money?

2008 highlander toks sells for 6m range,naija used sells for 4.4m range.. roughly 1.5m difference...
2008 XC90 toks sells for 4m range and naija used sells for 2.5m range... roughly 1.5m loss

For every argument you could make for selling the highlander used for higher figure I can also make same claim on the Volvo.

The issue is you daft illiterates just say "hey, you see naija used Volvo na ordinary 2.5m they dey sell am,if na highlander now you fit sell am 4.5m, Volvo no get second hand value at all"..could anyone be more dumb?

Where can I get the 2008 highlander for 6M. I need it
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by adubam(m): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2022
OkodiDenzel:

The way your new ride will kill you too.

Since you can't read in-between the lines. Let's start

Wizard I cancel your evil imagination against him in Jesus' name
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Waterbear(m): 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2022
I have this Corolla..
Contact me
And it's going cheap..

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by valarinz: 5:19pm On Jul 20, 2022
rukyboy:

Where can I get the 2008 highlander for 6M. I need it

So, my estimate was even off, grin.

That na former price sha, it's difficult nowadays, but i didn't want to overstretch my figures
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AndroidAI(m): 11:48am On Jul 21, 2022
I belong to lots of car groups, and I weep for op when I see clean cars like Honda Accord 2012 going for 2.6M. This is daylight robbery!

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OkodiDenzel: 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2022
adubam:

Wizard I cancel your evil imagination against him in Jesus' name

You are now added.

In your next life don't fight a battle you know nothing of
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OkodiDenzel: 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
AbelAbdul:
And you don't use network to use Google map?

Once the trip is set on Google maps you don't need network but GPS to continue using it.

The only downside is you won't get traffic update.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by adubam(m): 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2022
OkodiDenzel:

You are now added.

In your next life don't fight a battle you know nothing of

You added the wrong person. I stand as a prophet of the most high and cancel every evil addition on me and the op in your evil list by the blood of Jesus. I replace you and your household with every evil you wish for us in Jesus name.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Born2conquer: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN THE CAR.

Please Corolla users give me TIPS. The dos and donts of the car.

I have finally arrived PH with the car I went to Lagos to buy.

TheI car and I are in good shape.
Though I'm just recovering from body pains.

This is my first time driving a car that long.
In that apapa warehouse, can I get a tacoma there?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bizzyliss(m): 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2022
Born2conquer:

go to apapa berger
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Itsrm(m): 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
AndroidAI:
I belong to lots of car groups, and I weep for op when I see clean cars like Honda Accord 2012 going for 2.6M. This is daylight robbery!

The body clean like this and the plate number don wash finish. Only God knows what what was hidden behind that shiny paint

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by akinsanya005: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
you can’t just sleep away a problem. Something obviously hs triggered the check engine light. You need to sort that first. Get a scanner and scan your car to know what the problem is. Sort it out and use the scanner to clear the error code and it will stay off. That is until there is another issue that might need attention. Bad spark plugs, bad coil, even blocked catalytic converter amongst other things can trigger the check engine light and until the trigger is sorted, you can’t wish away the problem.

hello@indutrianlfan,

I have used a scanner as suggested.. the error code was cleared and it went off initially but the light shows again. while scanning; the scanner shows two error messages.. the transmission and the catalyst.. while the car was bought as TOKUNBO , the CATALYST was confirmed and the technician suggested we service the gear because both coolant in RADIATOR & GEAR OIL were not tampered with. My question is if it is catalyst; how can you knw if a catalyst is good or bad and also, can it be repaired?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OkodiDenzel: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
adubam:

You added the wrong person. I stand as a prophet of the most high and cancel every evil addition on me and the op in your evil list by the blood of Jesus. I replace you and your household with every evil you wish for us in Jesus name.

You are finished.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by adubam(m): 7:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
OkodiDenzel:

You are finished.

You are finished and your evil networks in Jesus name.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OkodiDenzel: 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2022
adubam:

You are finished and your evil networks in Jesus name.

Stop mention of that name.

It's time up!
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by adubam(m): 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2022
OkodiDenzel:

Stop mention of that name.

It's time up!

Jesus Jesus. It's time up for you and your evil networks. Christ has redeemed me from your evils haha
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by OkodiDenzel: 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2022
adubam:

Jesus Jesus. It's time up for you and your evil networks. Christ has redeemed me from your evils haha

You have failed again...

We keep pressing on you.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by adubam(m): 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
OkodiDenzel:

You have failed again...

We keep pressing on you.

Small boy with big mouth
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2022
akinsanya005:

hello@indutrianlfan,

I have used a scanner as suggested.. the error code was cleared and it went off initially but the light shows again. while scanning; the scanner shows two error messages.. the transmission and the catalyst.. while the car was bought as TOKUNBO , the CATALYST was confirmed and the technician suggested we service the gear because both coolant in RADIATOR & GEAR OIL were not tampered with. My question is if it is catalyst; how can you knw if a catalyst is good or bad and also, can it be repaired?
if it shows catalyst, it might be blocked. If it’s blocked, just remove it and use a spacer (this tricks the car system to think there is a catalyst still there and that solves it) as for the transmission code, try checking ur gear oil. If it’s black instead of pinkish, it’s due for a change and and most likely the filter too is blocked which may need to be changed. Clearing the error code without solving the cause of the error will not take the problem away
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by bigbauer(m): 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
AndroidAI:

Can you add me to the groups too? Thanks.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by olisafincy(m): 12:34am On Jul 22, 2022
Somebody I know got corrola for 3million December 2021,that guy till date is still putting money in that car and have spent over 1m fixing that car. Car was fixed in lagos and a lot of things like speaker and radio was removed. I understand your point clearly
Sammy101111:
Op to be honest the car does not worth 4.1 or even 4millions

You will get a nice c300 benz with better interior design with better engine at 4million

Or even get a better muscle camry v6
At 4million

My friend wanted to buy corolla this year I chanced he's mind he bought muscle camry v6
Paded the camry na flash we bought it for 3.9 last 2 month

If you want to buy a car they dont rush because most of this tokunbo are being repaired and fixed here and packaged as tokunbo after 3 to 4 month body go tell

Bro I can bet with all myife that corolla you bought na accident car wag them fix

Apapa them no get joy there them go scope you Give you tokunbo car yet you go still spend small change before enjoy am

There are tokunbo muscle Camry v4 of 3.8million tokunbo

Corolla is boring there interior are less

But God bless you enjoy your car and always remember to drive safe na your car no body they rush you ..
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by akinsanya005: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
if it shows catalyst, it might be blocked. If it’s blocked, just remove it and use a spacer (this tricks the car system to think there is a catalyst still there and that solves it) as for the transmission code, try checking ur gear oil. If it’s black instead of pinkish, it’s due for a change and and most likely the filter too is blocked which may need to be changed. Clearing the error code without solving the cause of the error will not take the problem away

thanks very much...really appreciate... I will try this.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AbelAbdul: 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2022
Born2conquer:

Sorry for late reply. There's no car you can't get there. Here is the car dealer's number. The car I bought from him no regret. Everything is sound and working perfectly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.