Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (96200 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I Have Finally Bought My First Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Talph: 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
I've got few things to say.

Firstly, you are an incredibly "fearless" person I can see the true Port Harcourt resilience in you (I live in PHC too) rugged you my brother. Secondly, you're an impeccable writer, every single line of the story had me grinning from cheek to cheek, good narration. Sorry about the accident doing some damages to the car, judging by the story and the pictures, I think you've gotten a bargain that sounds like a very good car.
Lastly, I'm in your city let me come celebrate with you. Put me on when you can ���. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Okundaye4(m): 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
tsdarkside:

for crying out loud,you are a nigerian....have you forgotin how to banter....??

you can price anything down....you are such a wuss....you should have stayed in ph....
I swear, that guy couldn't have spent more than 2.9m in everything.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bfly: 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
May it attract more blessings to you.
This your story got me somehow.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by lilvicky68(m): 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Next time I will do 170kph i will record it and upload it here.
Fast and furious grin
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by AnthonyAk(m): 11:41pm On Jul 17, 2022
Sounds like you had an adventure , im glad last last you were able to reach your destination.

Naija is a dangerous place but alot of times you meet people that will help you for no charge.

Some people said you should have stayed in ph but now you have a story to tell and a car
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by duality(m): 11:45pm On Jul 17, 2022
osazsky:
can I get numbered clean one there..thks for this info

You may... Even if you don't get it at first visit.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by friendl: 11:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
Congratulations
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by jubrilELsudan: 12:01am On Jul 18, 2022
Talph:
I've got few things to say.

Firstly, you are an incredibly "fearless" person I can see the true Port Harcourt resilience in you (I live in PHC too) rugged you my brother. Secondly, you're an impeccable writer, every single line of the story had me grinning from cheek to cheek, good narration. Sorry about the accident doing some damages to the car, judging by the story and the pictures, I think you've gotten a bargain that sounds like a very good car.
Lastly, I'm in your city let me come celebrate with you. Put me on when you can ���. Cheers

ODE....YOU DON SEE SEY MONEY DEY HIM HAND SO YOU WAN GO TRY YOUR LUCK TO THIF HIM CAR ABI?

THUNDER FIRE YOU WITH YOUR LET ME COME CELEBRATE WITH YOU.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Morphinne: 12:03am On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN THE CAR.

Please Corolla users give me TIPS. The dos and donts of the car.

I have finally arrived PH with the car I went to Lagos to buy.

TheI car and I are in good shape.
Though I'm just recovering from body pains.

This is my first time driving a car that long.
Congrats bro, e no go jam. But please always try as much as possible to avoid events that will ever make you drive at nights. Nigerian roads are built to kill. Potholes almost took my uncle’s life along Lagos-Ore. Almost, but the car was gone.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Burgerlomo: 12:10am On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7225300/experience-going-lagos-purchase-toyota

For a better understanding of this thread, it is advisable that you read the previous two threads I created.

This thread is my true life story. Before I proceed on telling you my experience leaving Port Harcourt to Lagos to purchase a car, I would like you to note these few things.

1. This wasn't my first time going to Lagos though I go to Lagos once in a blue moon.

2. This was my first time going to Lagos by road.

3. I started driving a vehicle not quite long and I have not driven a car for more than 20 times.

4. I have not attended driving school before.

5. I don't see clearly at night.

Now let's begin.

Owning a car was one of the things on my to-do list for this year.
I met a couple of friends, told them my intention of buying a car and that I want a reliable, easy to maintain and less fuel consumption car. Most of them advised I should go for Toyota Corolla.

I started making plans since January. I was with N2m as budget at that time the car cost was between N2.5m and N2.7m.

When we entered April, the cost of the car hit N2.9m.

The more I delayed the higher the price of the car.

Finally on June I said I will buy the car. Visited car stands in Port Harcourt where I base the least I saw was N3.7m for American spec and N3.4m for Asian spec.

Friends advised me toto buy American spec that is stronger and better.

I entered jiji and realized that the American spec which is between N3.7m and N3.8m in Port Harcourt was N3.3 and N3m in Lagos.

I told myself that I will go to Lagos to purchase it.

A day came that I was prepared to go I went to Good is God park but their bus was full.

I went to LIBRA motor park, boarded a bus and we left PH at 8am and entered Lagos at 5pm. We got stuck at Ajah hold up from 5pm to 7pm we arrived their park.

It was raining. I looked for a hotel to pass a night there. The least hotel I saw 6k was actually a brothel very dirty and noisy. Security was not guaranteed.

I went to the one of 25k and slept till the next day.

Congratulations, but make sure you install a tracker on the car.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Burgerlomo: 12:13am On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I saw online that Lagos price was cheaper that was why I go to Lagos

I for epp you buy am overseas and ship it to you cool
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by PAQ(m): 12:20am On Jul 18, 2022
Determination was your driving force. Good thing you had the financial capacity to see you through, else your story would have been disastrous.

You took alot of unwise risks, which have eventually made you alot wiser now. "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life".

People will always say go to Lagos it is cheaper, no body will tell you the stress or nightmare involved.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by charlesbkd: 12:29am On Jul 18, 2022
Wait For It !!
A Deal Will Also Convince Your Circle ♻️
iykofias:
this one wan claim glory grin
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by henry247(m): 12:31am On Jul 18, 2022
Chaii, this guy really fall hand oh. See wetin he for kukuma return back the next day as he see say cars for Lagos is same price in portharcourt. How can u buy a poor man's car like Corolla 05/06 spending up to 4.1m Mhennnn! Am so f...kin angry with u. U had a budget and all u would have done is to stick to it. Ur narration and attitude is a real case of money miss road. I guess u are still single, hence u wasted such amount of money for an 05/06 Corolla car. Chaiiiii,dem suppose flog u 80 lashes of koboko. Nansense

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by emekatimsu(m): 12:37am On Jul 18, 2022
Congrates Abel on your new car. I will advise you install a tracker on the car and other form of security measures should be installed on the car. These "never do well" boys no dey use eyes see corolla.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by sketcherJ(m): 12:38am On Jul 18, 2022
KingAzubuike:

No, it's as a result of customs trying to get rid of cars older than 2006.
why older than 2006? Or you mean lower than 2006? And why?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Tycyborg(m): 12:38am On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Online pictures kill you there

Love your story but when you compare Port Harcourt gra to lekki is a joke... Beside the food aspect is also a joke of drone dipping hands to pick meat... I was born and brought up in lagos but do work in ph at least I spend a week every month before heading back to lagos... Mind you I stay at ada george close to chinda bustop. If you talk about spaghetti I can say yes they use fork and hands except you went to a dirty person's place... Why the hell will someone use hands to pick meat? Never seen that in Lagos since I was born.
First lagos has population... You can't compare a man with 2 kids with a man with 12 kids. That's the gap, I don't know where you went in lekki but saying port gra is better than lekki is a big lie... When you visit lagos... Go to chevron estate or other estates not lekki where poor people stays ... Port gra is beautiful but it can be compared with ikeja that has no population. Honestly you went to the wrong side of lekki lol
And again you spend too much for police... I guess it's inexperience but it's all good...
Next time buy like 7 packs of table water... Some might collect and see might not collect but those once that didn't collect give them 100 naira...
I don't like toyotas but I love your car and I like the way you call it eagle... It's nice knowing you got home late... I was following your story and love it but why you spend so much in Lag and on the road is cos you weren't born there which is understandable...
Love your ride had it been you are not a complete stranger I would have meet you up next week in PH for celebration.

Just do regular maintenance on the car... Always check the gear oil and engine oil. Change engine one once it's getting dark and check your break oil at least once or twice a week. And one thing... Corolllas always have shock absorber issue so be careful cos there are lot of fake or refilled corolla shock and their parts are expensive compare to honda.
Good luck

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by sketcherJ(m): 12:40am On Jul 18, 2022
KingAzubuike:

True. Corrolla don lose respect. He should have gone for a 2009 es350. That one still get respect small.
Honda accord nko 08?
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by 360command: 12:46am On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
And you don't use network to use Google map?
stop making it sound like you are going to sambisa. I use Google map when traveling.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by osayuwamwen(m): 12:47am On Jul 18, 2022
Oga enjoy yr tin, every one have a reason of buying a particular car, I bought a 1997 tokubo volkswagen golf 3, four months ago for 1.3m and I did 100k mentainance on it, I could have gotten a recent 2004 Toyota yaris for 1.4m which I saw were i bought d golf 3 but I didn't, pple don't really know that cars are now very expensive. Even the Toyota yaris now is 1.8m naire, U can't get a Keke now for less than 1m naire motorcycle is abt 600k now, everything is now fucking expensive... Congratulations bro enjoy yr ride.. My golf 3 is also very fuel efficient too
AbelAbdul:
Where are those who said I will be scammed?

Though I have spent close to N4.1m in this journey.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by sketcherJ(m): 12:47am On Jul 18, 2022
OfficialSam:
OP, trust me, you will be tired of Corolla within a year. Very bland car, plus the risk of getting robbed.

3.5 million or less is enough to get a sweet Honda Accord 2008-2010. It commands more prestige on the road than any bland and empty Corolla. Keke and motor-bikes will be afraid of coming close to your bumper because of how dashing Evil Spirit looks, unlike Corolla.

The evil spirit is fuel efficient and easy to maintain as well.
I got the 08 black. Looks like royalty. Sleek! I love it

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by yemmywesey(m): 1:15am On Jul 18, 2022
Spending 4.1m on corrolla , is a bit much.
Before you get back your ROI.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bizzyliss(m): 2:05am On Jul 18, 2022
Rubbiish:

It is not matter of best car
I have been riding 06 corolla for years & I know a lot about that car. When it comes to speed, a lot comes into play, the weight, balance & engine size of that car will not allow u to maintain a 170. U can only tell this to people that are yet to drive a corolla. Not someone that has been using corolla for Benin to abuja for years. Max speed on that car is 180, so u can't run 170!
170km/hr very possible, this is me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Bizzyliss(m): 2:08am On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
Next time I will do 170kph i will record it and upload it here.
this is same 05 corolla I de almost 180km/hr

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by tsdarkside(m): 3:00am On Jul 18, 2022
barragan:

The word you're looking for is "haggle".

yeah....guy na wuss....
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by twinjake: 3:11am On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN THE CAR.

Please Corolla users give me TIPS. The dos and donts of the car.

I have finally arrived PH with the car I went to Lagos to buy.

TheI car and I are in good shape.
Though I'm just recovering from body pains.

This is my first time driving a car that long.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by harmyd007: 3:28am On Jul 18, 2022
I don’t know o a few of my guys got the 2005 corolla and it was around 2.8 - 3M .
4.1 could have gotten you a better car, but thank God for journey mercies.
You’re happy and that’s what’s important

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by Amayabor1: 4:21am On Jul 18, 2022
yesloaded:
4.1m on Toyota Corolla is nothing but waste of money + time

It's good that you arrive port Harcourt safely

You could have just buy at 3.7m in port Harcourt & save your 400k

That 400k will fuel your car for more than a year

Make una dey try read to understand Sha. He didn't pay 4.1M for Toyota Corolla. He said the total cost of everything; the car, hotel bills, feeding, settling police and other people etc is about 4.1M

1 Like

Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by bellotaofeek: 4:24am On Jul 18, 2022
You get mind and time. But to me. That was a nasty decision.
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by unbrandedcosy(m): 4:33am On Jul 18, 2022
AbelAbdul:
I HAD ACCIDENTS ON MY WAY

I left Lagos by 8am arrived PH by 9:39pm. Had a lot of stop over and delays on the road due toto police. And I missed my way in Edo state.

When I entered Bayelsa it was getting dark I couldn't see clearly so I was moving slowly.

Couldn't see potholes. Ran into a big pothole my fog light pulled off.you have cataract you need to go to eye clinic to remove the cataract.. That is the reason if a coming car flashes you light in the night you won't see again.. you need to go and check it

Second accident was when a trailer put eyes in my eyes a d I was about dodging it I saw myself in a bush. That is to God the car has brake.

So when I see car's coming towards me I stopped till they pass before I moved.

The last accident was at a checking point in Ahoda LGA.

I didn't know it was a checking point and that a car was in my front. I ran into the car and the front bumber broke.

Thank God the car owner I hit was understanding
Re: I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car by princewarri1985: 4:35am On Jul 18, 2022
Wow! Very interesting write up! Such an adventure, i want to make the same trip from warri to lagos too to get my dream car too, but i wont be a novice in lagos because i spent 10 years in lagos and i know my way around lagos very well, but the fun part of it all will be driving the brand new car myself from lagos to warri because that will be the first time i will be driving that long distance. It's gonna be fun cant wait

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.