Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South (34251 Views)

The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Christiansimon: 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2022
engrchykae:
protect your skull because of skullarship people
haha..grin don't worry about that.if am offer one self i will be glad self.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Binturong: 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2022
That's not true, Osun is even more expensive than ibadan in term of transportation, everywhere in south west is considerably same in term of cost of things, the only basic difference is accomodation, infact the whole of the country is """nearly"" the same in term of cost of living, house rent makes the difference

2 Likes

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Christiansimon: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
engrchykae:
WHY NOT BOLDLY TELL IGBOS TO COME TO OSUN STATE AND DEVELOP IT.
OR BETTER STILL TELL TINUBU TO COME HOME AND DEVELOP HIS HOME STATE INSTEAD OF DEVELOPING ONLY LAGOS.
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME
how Will I Explain It To U.you Have Said It All.charity Begins At Home.but I Will Urge U To Do That By Yourself to Tell Him What U Wish Him To Do
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by booblacain(m): 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
Olojuobinrin:

It depends on the agent most times , but I expect 10% of the rent for agency and 10% for agreement as well

Thanks
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by EmekaA125(m): 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
Viscuz:

Where do I start okay let me clear the air .

I do stay in Bayelsa but not permanent I base In Abuja when I visit Nigeria due to my job.

I have lived in imo state it is a peaceful state back then before the mess you see but things are expensive especially in the rural areas .

I have visited Enugu. They do lack a problem of water and things are costly there also .

Kogi on the other hand is cheap for feeding but not housing and lands .

I have lived in delta state, in Jeddo Warri , gbokodo, Asaba things are not cheap considering the fact that they are just not far from onitsha.

I have been to Anambra state .
Food is very cheap . But housing and lands are costly same thing with Kogi

Edo food is cheap .
The state try in electricity
Again lands and housing unless you move to some rural area and it’s not safe due to cultism

When considering where something is cheap you put factors together as one not just food .

In the southern states I have not lived in Osun or ogun state but I did visit Osun for one night.

Then again the best overall would have been Ibadan.

Ibadan does not make noise a small London hidden you won’t know till you go there .
Factor again ? Housing and land

Ibadan is cheap and you go enjoy big butty sweet Yoruba girls till you tire.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by EmekaA125(m): 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2022
Agadinaagwuofe:

There are still suburbs in Enugu likewise Owerri, areas like Eke Obinagu, Emene axis, Enugu east etc are still suburb and relatively cheaper than areas around Enugu north and south LG, agreed Owerri is smaller but has more purchasing power, If you do a comparative cost of living between the two cities Owerri is more costly. Food, housing, transport system etc is way higher in Owerri than Enugu.
You're right.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by rainlover(m): 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:
The cheapest state to live in the south is Osun. Things are relatively cheap here from house rent to basic provisions. If you're really tired of staying in glorified cities then Osun is the most convenient place you can live in.

There is stable power too in Osun. Osun has one of the most stable power in the entire country

Osun is expensive.
Cost of food is high, house rent is cheap depending on the location. Very low job opportunities, very few industries. The sources of income here are limited. So, Osun is expensive.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2022
booblacain:

+234 803 243 4398 see the agent number. Tell him to add you to the group. Let me know when you see the number so I can modify
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by rainlover(m): 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2022
Binturong:
That's not true, Osun is even more expensive than ibadan in term of transportation, everywhere in south west is considerably same in term of cost of things, the only basic difference is accomodation, infact the whole of the country is """nearly"" the same in term of cost of living, house rent makes the difference
Osun is more expensive. I stay in Osogbo so I know what I'm saying. The only few jobs here aren't worth it. Food, clothes, transportation are expensive. Generally, this place is expensive. The only way to live a comfortable here is to trade. Asides trading - the average salary earners live from hand to mouth.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
booblacain:

Thanks
+243 43see the agent number. Tell him to add you to the group. Let me know when you see the number so I can modify
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by EmekaA125(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
12k for single room?

It should be village
People still pay 12K in Ibadan. 1K per month. SW is relatively cheap and affordable compared to SE/SS.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by EmekaA125(m): 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
Ile-Ife
Okay
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by EmekaA125(m): 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
booblacain:

Between ilesa and ile-ife, which is more developed and urban?
Ile-Ife is more urbanized than Ilesha.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by rainlover(m): 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2022
Komu1048:
Osun is very cheap n low cost of living. I did my NYSc in federal govt college. It's only in Osun u will see a saloon without generator. If Nepa takes light before you as of Gen, the light is back.

I cooked with electric stove thought my stay, and my apartment 3brm was 90k, a newly painted apartment with sophisticated fittings. Food cheap, a liter of groundnut oil was 800 naira,

I am in Lagos now n everything is skyrocketing. I was given state appointment then on Osun but I felt it too little.

I am in Lagos and the better life I thought I deserve is still a mirage
which year?? Cos it's expensive now
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by rainlover(m): 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
Emeka71:
Yes but Oshogbo and Ile-Ife have candid power supply with food and transportation so cheap.
which of the Osogbo pls?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by sinto5(m): 6:08pm On Aug 01, 2022
MkBaron:
Maybe not in osogbo
All this are not true

Am currently in osogbo the state capital of Osun, most of all this written by the OP are not true o.. House rent is on the high side no good economy as 85 to 90% of Osun resident are civic servant.
Osogbo is expensive, other places I mean other Local Govt might not o.
Their electricity is of the average.
Food is expensive too o...

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by sinto5(m): 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2022
rainlover:
which of the Osogbo pls?

Which of the osogbo , please let me ask o
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by sinto5(m): 6:11pm On Aug 01, 2022
EmekaA125:

People still pay 12K in Ibadan. 1K per month. SW is relatively cheap and affordable compared to SE/SS.

There's no single room for 12k in Osogbo again o.. the least you can see is 2k per month and it will be a pit latrin toilet
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by lawani: 6:21pm On Aug 01, 2022
I read some comments saying people pay over 1 million naira per annum for a 2 bedroom flat in Owerri and another place in the SE. Is the person a wealthy retiree?. Which company in Enugu pays a graduate up to 150,000 per month?. Then there is no civil servant state. No state has up to fifty thousand civil servants in the state civil service and the average state has more than one million income earners in the economy.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by lawani: 6:23pm On Aug 01, 2022
EmekaA125:

Ile-Ife is more urbanized than Ilesha.

Do you mean more highly populated, more amenities, more buildings or more industrialized?.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by HaykynLibra: 6:28pm On Aug 01, 2022
Yes, it is.. In Osun state whenever u stop a mini bus known as korope, maybe the bus moved ahead of u by some distance, don't be surprised when he reversed back to where u are.. Unlike Lagos where u have to run up to the vehicle or wrestle with alot of persengers b4 u board a bus else u are not ready to go.. And withdrawing 4rm POS is relatively cheap also.. I wanted to withdraw 1k, I gave N100 for d transaction fee, lo and behold, N50 was returned back to me.. I was dumbfounded.. Osun is really a cheap state to live in.. No doubt
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by babaalagbo11(m): 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
Komu1048:
Osun is very cheap n low cost of living. I did my NYSc in federal govt college. It's only in Osun u will see a saloon without generator. If Nepa takes light before you as of Gen, the light is back.

I cooked with electric stove thought my stay, and my apartment 3brm was 90k, a newly painted apartment with sophisticated fittings. Food cheap, a liter of groundnut oil was 800 naira,

I am in Lagos now n everything is skyrocketing. I was given state appointment then on Osun but I felt it too little.

I am in Lagos and the better life I thought I deserve is still a mirage
please where precisely in osun you served?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by lawani: 6:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
HaykynLibra:
Yes, it is.. In Osun state whenever u stop a mini bus known as korope, maybe the bus moved ahead of u by some distance, don't be surprised when he reversed back to where u are.. Unlike Lagos where u have to run up to the vehicle or wrestle with alot of persengers b4 u board a bus else u are not ready to go.. And withdrawing 4rm POS is relatively cheap also.. I wanted to withdraw 1k, I gave N100 for d transaction fee, lo and behold, N50 was returned back to me.. I was dumbfounded.. Osun is really a cheap state to live in.. No doubt

Yes low cost of living but by far higher quality of life than a place like Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Emeka71(m): 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2022
rainlover:
which of the Osogbo pls?
Oke-fia.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by booblacain(m): 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:
see the agent number. Tell him to add you to the group. Let me know when you see the number so I can modify

I seen the number, thanks.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Dthrone: 7:08pm On Aug 01, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

You don't know what uou are saying? Poor standard of what!!!, I stayed in a. Fully tiled hotel with AC in ilesha for 2500..room and parlor self con in was 80k all tiled and light is okay.

It's just a bit boring if you are from states like Lagos, abj, rivers, edo and others
Please can you give direction to the hotel elk be going to ilesha for the weekend
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by okeysoninv: 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
where are the posh areas in osogbo
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Ofemannnu: 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2022
daneni1:

Oga, I will refute this your claim. Modakeke is expensive jo. I lived at Apalara Street which is close to Modakeke during my undergraduate days at oau. The houses you are confirming as of low prices to rent are those ancient homes, not the newly built ones.

As at 2018, a room selfcon in a building close to the place I lived was 100k. One room apartment with shared kitchen and toilet was 50-60k.

Maybe it's being a while you travelled home.
lol
That guy is an Igbo guy.He is always on to belittle anything Yoruba yet they run away from their dungeon to take refuge in Yorubaland.
The funny thing is that Ibadan is more developed than all the 5 Igboland states combined.Go and watch the videos of their states and you will pity them

2 Likes

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 8:30pm On Aug 01, 2022
booblacain:

I seen the number, thanks.
Remove the number you quote, clean it up by modifying
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by adetayoonas(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
Akerele44:

They learnt it from one of there indigene that went to Ekweremadu region for NYSC service

He learnt organ trafficking inter state but haven't fully certified by the mud region for him to start trafficking internationally

That's y the Ogun state is still learning under South East in term of mining

Just that south east own is internationally

Lol � � � � � � �
O boy.. you just gave the guy who happens to be an Ekwerema.... kinsman an uppercut
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by NwaAnambra(m): 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
[quote author=Oyelakin225 post=115273471][/quote]
Very cheap. I have VERY good memories of the State of Osun. Very cheap and serene. The night life in Osogbo is even better than what you get in most states in Nigeria. From PAVILION to THE PLACE, to IDEAL NEST, TWO SISTERS, THE SACRED GROOVE, ERIN IJESHA WATERFALL, MAICON GOLF RESORT Ada and so on. NYSC was everything fun and more in Osun. IPINLE OMOLUABI!!!
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by booblacain(m): 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:

Remove the number you quote, clean it up by modifying

Done

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? / Fiberesima Ama: A Hidden Island In Rivers State (Video) / FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.