Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South (34335 Views)

Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by OgwuEgo: 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2022
My younger sister paid 700k for her 2 bedroom flat in Ebonyi.
eniorisha:
The OP hasn't been to Ebonyi State, I guess that's why he made that conclusion about Osun.

Ebonyi State is one of the top 3 scantiest State in Nigeria, house rent is as low as 10k for a room self contain, even 3 bedroom flat is not more than 50k.... If you come outside to your street on a working day, it will be very quiet and deserted..... As everyone has either gone to farm or their trade.

Plus the light is great and Dave Umahi really tried in the construction of roads.

Osun still has a lot of population compared to Ebonyi State.

He should travel there and see things for himself.... And I'm not even from Ebonyi, but I've been there and can attest to this.
Are u for real? Ebonyi whr i did my nysc? The only thing u got right is scantiness of d hinterland. Ebonyi u will go two LG in stretch without a bank & a whole LG Hqtr wtout 1 private sch not to talk of other better paid jobs? i am frm OSUN but i av to admit ABAK is more sophisticated than Osogbo. Aside Abak in EB, d rest of d state is village
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:

Where in osun are you
Ile-Ife

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
Ile-Ife
Good I'm there too, drop your number let's link

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:

Same ile ife wey I dey? A three bedroom flat with pop here is 240k.if you doubt drop your number here and I will link you to an agent
Did you read my comment at all? I said things are expensive here in Ife. You don't need to link me up to an agent concerning anything about real estate. I studied Estate Management and I reside here in Ife

2 Likes

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
Did you read my comment at all? I said things are expensive here in Ife. You don't need to link me up to an agent concerning anything about real estate. I studied Estate Management and I reside here in Ife
Alright, let's link up. Drop me your contact

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2022
shegzy0514:

Nice to hear, it has been long I went there
Eyah, E maa wale o, once in a while

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:

Alright, let's link up. Drop me your contact
alright
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by babyfaceafrica: 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
pat077:
where in ilesha did you get room and parlor self con with tiles for 80k? Maybe that was long time ago not now anymore
2019.. How much is it now?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by leksite120(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
Evaremedy:

Lol that shows you don't understand standard of living then.
Do u think living a hut and probably doing 50 thousand naira monthly salary government job makes standard living high or what.
How do u measure your own standard of living??
So u mean people living in Ibadan , Akure, Abeokuta are not having standard of living. If you compare them to Lagos now, it would've been better, but to SE states, haba.
Now, to you, is it going to clubs, drinking beer is what you call standard of living, cos I don't understand.

What's in Enugu or Anambra that's not in Ibadan or Abeokuta or more sef. Pls tell me.

4 Likes

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by samwash(m): 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2022
About 7yrs ago when I lived in Oshogbo, I was very surprised to stay in an area in Nigeria that has very stable electricity. For a complete week no blinking of light, when the power is off, not up to five minutes the power is back,& it continues again for another week before it's interrupted & within few minutes it's restored back.
Things were relatively very cheap in Oshogbo compare to the SS I was coming from. Food price, transportation fare, house rent,constant electricity just name it.
I shouldn't have relocated, some of my friends that stayed behind are now landlord over there now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Olojuobinrin(m): 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2022
Greatdand007:

Wow 250 3 bedrooms that’s cheap o compare to a self con 250k here in Abeokuta but you most be married o fir you to rent 3 bedroom

I rented the place 2years ago actually when I moved from Lagos to Osun state and also I’m not married .
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by booblacain(m): 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:

Same ile ife wey I dey. Here three bedroom flat with pop is 240k per annum. Better say what you know

Between ilesa and ile-ife, which is more developed and urban?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Greatdand007(m): 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
Olojuobinrin:

I rented the place 2years ago actually when I moved from Lagos to Osun state and also I’m not married .

You Dey enjoy o only you 3 bedroom baba olowo dangote
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by BinamRex: 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:

Only Ogun state does that rubbish. I don't even know where they learnt it from

This could be true. I have never heard about ritual killings in Osun state
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by andy4d2ofus(m): 12:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
wiseoneking:
I think it's because of the porr standard of houses there in which many are not even painted.
you are right
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by babyfaceafrica: 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
buchi2104:
what about job opportunities in osun state ?

Civil servant state
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by babyfaceafrica: 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2022
booblacain:

hmmm..
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by kelmicheal: 12:46pm On Aug 01, 2022
Which part of osun? You can't tell me that u will get 12k yearly rent in osogbo
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Agadinaagwuofe: 12:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
flejnr2:

Enugu can be related as the Abuja of the south, a civil servant state with expensive living

I think that has to be Owerri, Owerri is most expensive even though it is a civil servant state. Cost of living in Owerri is relatively higher than Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
Keyz1:
Oyo is cheap na. Maybe you be JJC
lol. Depends on your location though. Whr I stay is a disaster.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by babyfaceafrica: 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2022
wman:

Yeah. Mostly due to OAU and other tertiary institutions there. But I think accommodation is cheaper in the remote town areas where indigenes live.

Ikirun and Osu is cheaper

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by babyfaceafrica: 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2022
kelmicheal:
Which part of osun? You can't tell me that u will get 12k yearly rent in osogbo

Na state capital na, kolewek
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by babyfaceafrica: 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2022
Burgerlomo:

The state is perfect for content creators, freelancers and so on.

You are very wise. Person wey dey freelance go love the place

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Allisgud: 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
Most of the states like osun are cheap to live in na work no dey,the way phcn task people here in lagos is not the same else,all this permit,land use charge,tenament rate,radio permit,mention all the revenue generating scheme tinubu urchines has created in lagos that is making life hard for lagosians,tilumbu caused most of the suffering Lagosians are facing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by booblacain(m): 12:56pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:

Same ile ife wey I dey? A three bedroom flat with pop here is 240k.if you doubt drop your number here and I will link you to an agent

I beg link me up with agent. I go DM you now.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:56pm On Aug 01, 2022
booblacain:

I beg link me up with agent. I go DM you now.
Okay
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by OVB123: 12:56pm On Aug 01, 2022
Christiansimon:

_grin..am from delta state.my parents are still in bayelsa state.i came here to study.and i prefer to stay here.am praying my parents even leave that state called bayelsa.cause the place is becoming a hell now.but here in osun state the street boys are turning to something else.
What is life over there? how is the economic of the place in comparism to south south state.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Akin51(m): 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2022
I stay in osun.and your analyses is not true.
You can cannot get house in osun state ,for that price.I don't know of the neighbourhood community .but the state capital you can't.
A 2 bed room in osogbo the capital where I stay cost btw 200,000 to 250,000 a well finish one that will cost nothing less than 600 to 800k in lagos .

Osun is peaceful and there is steady light. At least 18hrs in a day.if rain no fall oo.

DSC7:
In osun state you can get a single room for 12k yearly in a busy environment...

Safe contain 30k yearly....

2bedroom flat 50-60k yearly....

3bedroom flat 70k yearly....

Plus 12 to 18hrs steady power supply...

But................................ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Again most of the youths there are into
Hello Baba, Yahoo yahoo and Rituals..

Modified:To those doubting me, you can come to modakeke and confirm for yourselves..
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by kay29000(m): 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2022
Abfinest007:
lies house rent in bayelsa is way too high .I have been there B4 . mosquitoes almost finish me

grin
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2022
booblacain:

Definitely ife. No two ways about it
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by pat077: 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
2019.. How much is it now?
the least u can get now is 150k expect if the house is far from main road or not full tiled

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
alright
You send me your contact in a dead thread, I will get it and ask you to modify

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

The Most Amazing , Beautiful Places In The World – Visit Once Before You Die / Tipper Crushes Schoolgirl Dead In Delta This Morning (Graphic Pics) / See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.