Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South (34278 Views)

The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by swankylay(m): 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
DSC7:

I clearly said Osun state...

Osogbo should be ×2

If u see any of this in osogbo (X2) pm, I'll pay
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by daneni1(m): 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2022
DSC7:
In osun state you can get a single room for 12k yearly in a busy environment...

Safe contain 30k yearly....

2bedroom flat 50-60k yearly....

3bedroom flat 70k yearly....

Plus 12 to 18hrs steady power supply...

But................................ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Again most of the youths there are into
Hello Baba, Yahoo yahoo and Rituals..

Modified:To those doubting me, you can come to modakeke and confirm for yourselves..

Oga, I will refute this your claim. Modakeke is expensive jo. I lived at Apalara Street which is close to Modakeke during my undergraduate days at oau. The houses you are confirming as of low prices to rent are those ancient homes, not the newly built ones.

As at 2018, a room selfcon in a building close to the place I lived was 100k. One room apartment with shared kitchen and toilet was 50-60k.

Maybe it's being a while you travelled home.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by campbelljosh(m): 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
Are there jobs?
DSC7:
In osun state you can get a single room for 12k yearly in a busy environment...

Safe contain 30k yearly....

2bedroom flat 50-60k yearly....

3bedroom flat 70k yearly....

Plus 12 to 18hrs steady power supply...

But................................ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Again most of the youths there are into
Hello Baba, Yahoo yahoo and Rituals..

Modified:To those doubting me, you can come to modakeke and confirm for yourselves..
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by yemi1504: 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2022
skyrockete:
To be honest, Osun State is a good place to live. I am currently in Osun and I can attest to what OP said. I have lived in PH, Bayelsa, Lagos, Ibadan and Maiduguri before and i know what it takes to live in those states I mentioned.

Although, Maiduguri was cheaper to live when I was there like 13 years ago but two things were conspicuously lacking in Borno State then Viz: Security and steady electricity supply.

Talking about Rivers State, PortHarcourt in particular, things were costly virtually in all sphere of life exempt "Omoge"�.

I have also lived in Bayelsa State too and I cannot compare Bayelsa with Osun State in any way when it comes to the cost of living ; Osun is cheaper to live.

Lagos, I ran away from Lagos because of many things my life could not endure. First of all, I hate the vehicular traffic � in Lagos and this always lead to restlessness. I woke up for work by 4a.m and came back to my house by 9 p.m. Every where in Lagos was stuffy! I pity many people who live in Lagos but in thatched houses, abject poverty and insecurity. I will prefer living in a two bedroom flat in a village rather than a dilapidated rented room apartment in Lagos.

My experience in Ibadan, factually speaking, Ibadan is relatively cheap like Osun but it is becoming overpopulated now. Nevertheless, you can still find your way of living comfortably in Ibadan and the electricity supply there was not bad as at the time I was still there. Though that is Osun is better. Mind you, Oyo light is supplied from Osogbo's power line.

Now Osun State, Osogbo as a case study, things are cheaper here in comparison with other states I have mentioned. There is peace, at least 16-18 hours of electricity supply, motorable road network (Gbosa for Aregbesola�). Everything is just kuleee here honestly though jobs are scarce but you can Venture into a business. Like me I am into Agriculture , other businesses. You can call for your pineapple suckers at a reasonable price or for your farm set up. You can also visit our farms to confirm.

Will you help with selling the produce and teaching one where to sell the produce for a cut of the profits after farm set-up?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by PotatoSalad(m): 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
flejnr2:

Paying 1.1m for the same in ENUGU
Jesu Christi. Thinkers corner abi Premier layout?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by bigcasava1(m): 2:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
Bayelsa is cheaper
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Agadinaagwuofe: 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2022
flejnr2:

My brother it depends on the side you are coming from oo , Enugu no get suburb again oo everywhere cost but Owerri still have where u can get a relatively cheap price and Owerri is not as big as Enugu

There are still suburbs in Enugu likewise Owerri, areas like Eke Obinagu, Emene axis, Enugu east etc are still suburb and relatively cheaper than areas around Enugu north and south LG, agreed Owerri is smaller but has more purchasing power, If you do a comparative cost of living between the two cities Owerri is more costly. Food, housing, transport system etc is way higher in Owerri than Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Emeka71(m): 2:17pm On Aug 01, 2022
DSC7:

I clearly said Osun state...

Osogbo should be ×2
That is true because I served at MODAKEKE in 2013-2014 and everything is so cheap + stable power supply.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Christiansimon: 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2022
Emeka71:
That is true because I served at MODAKEKE in 2013-2014 and everything is so cheap + stable power supply.
Things In Ife are Cheap But For Me On That Of The Capital,i Don't Think So. Study Every State Capital U you Will Notice It That The Things Are Very Cost
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by skyrockete(m): 2:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
yemi1504:

Will you help with selling the produce and teaching one where to sell the produce for a cut of the profits after farm set-up?

The sales of pineapple fruits is very easy because the buys hardly have enough to buy.

Companies normally come to the farms to buy as well as the market women who buy to resell . We sell in dozens or we scale it sometimes. We also do apply floral induction to facilitate uniform fruiting and target best season the price will go up.
No black market here you can visit my farm at Sekona, Ede Osun State before engaging in any transaction. 0-7-0-6-4-7-6-4-2-9-4
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Walealoba(m): 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
daneni1:

Oga, I will refute this your claim. Modakeke is expensive jo. I lived at Apalara Street which is close to Modakeke during my undergraduate days at oau. The houses you are confirming as of low prices to rent are those ancient homes, not the newly built ones.

As at 2018, a room selfcon in a building close to the place I lived was 100k. One room apartment with shared kitchen and toilet was 50-60k.

Maybe it's being a while you travelled home.

please sir help me with little amount to buy food eat the hunger is unbearable things are really tough
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by yemi1504: 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
skyrockete:

The sales of pineapple fruits is very easy because the buys hardly have enough to buy.

Companies normally come to the farms to buy as well as the market women who buy to resell . We sell in dozens or we scale it sometimes. We also do apply floral induction to facilitate uniform fruiting and target best season the price will go up.
No black market here you can visit my farm at Sekona, Ede Osun State before engaging in any transaction.

Which companies? How do you market it sir?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Walealoba(m): 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2022
Christiansimon:

Things In Ife are Cheap But For Me On That Of The Capital,i Don't Think So. Study Every State Capital U you Will Notice It That The Things Are Very Cost

please sir help me with little amount to buy food eat the hunger is unbearable things are really tough
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by flejnr2(f): 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2022
PotatoSalad:

Jesu Christi. Thinkers corner abi Premier layout?
It’s like you know Enugu well oo, ordinary thinkers corner oo not even gra

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Christiansimon: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
Walealoba:

Sincerely i wish i can help,but i don't have sincerely.am sorry.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by skyrockete(m): 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2022
yemi1504:

Which companies? How do you market it sir?

There are many companies to sell to. Like FoodCo in Apata, IB, even if you have the link Suprite does buy frest fruits. Any juice companies always have things to do with pineapple. Pineapple is one of the best fruits that is universally known and cherish. No dull moment for its marketing

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by jikins(m): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2022
DSC7:

Where in osun state are you based?...

What i stated was what i saw in MDK...

The matter been first shock me sef..

I dey Ife and nothing like that I have also been to the capital same thing. Na village house you dey price nain make that's why I asked you that question. Nor be Modakeke I pack comot last year? Abeg rest!

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Slurity(m): 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:
The cheapest state to live in the south is Osun. Things are relatively cheap here from house rent to basic provisions. If you're really tired of staying in glorified cities then Osun is the most convenient place you can live in.

There is stable power too in Osun. Osun has one of the most stable power in the entire country
Oyo is the cheapest

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by jikins(m): 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2022
Evaremedy:

What makes u think I am in Osun.
How can I leave a city like Owerri and migrate to a place like Osun.
Osun that doesn't have sea port nonsense.
I have only been to southwest Nigeria once and the place I visited was Lagos only and the reason was to clear my goods.
Aside from Lagos which has sea port and the center of economic activities in Nigeria other south west are unhabitable for crying out loud.

You have never been to Osun yet you dey talk nonsense. How is Osun inhabitable? Some of you will just siddon and type nonsense. It has to be tribalistic something because it's very stupid to speak ill about places you have never set foot in.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by engrchykae(m): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2022
Christiansimon:

Bayelsa What.. See I Leave In Bayelsa For 9years,it Was Just Going From Frypan to Fire.d Place Is Worst than Ever Now.am in osun state now and d poster is correct.but i will urge the governor and security to take a watch now on we the boys.cause what i'm seeing now.mmmm
WHY NOT BOLDLY TELL IGBOS TO COME TO OSUN STATE AND DEVELOP IT.
OR BETTER STILL TELL TINUBU TO COME HOME AND DEVELOP HIS HOME STATE INSTEAD OF DEVELOPING ONLY LAGOS.
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by engrchykae(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
Christiansimon:

_grin..am from delta state.my parents are still in bayelsa state.i came here to study.and i prefer to stay here.am praying my parents even leave that state called bayelsa.cause the place is becoming a hell now.but here in osun state the street boys are turning to something else.
protect your skull because of skullarship people
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by yemi1504: 3:48pm On Aug 01, 2022
skyrockete:

There are many companies to sell to. Like FoodCo in Apata, IB, even if you have the link Suprite does buy frest fruits. Any juice companies always have things to do with pineapple. Pineapple is one of the best fruits that is universally known and cherish. No dull moment for its marketing

Okay sir. DMed you. Send your phone number to the email address on replying.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by seunben(m): 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
Viscuz:

Bayelsa is cheaper in price of things compared to other southern states .

I would have said Ibadan.

But lands in Bayelsa is bae grin
The cost of living in Bayelsa- Yenagoa- is UNREASONABLY high. It makes no sense because the state is largely undeveloped, there's little or no job/business opportunities. It's basically a civil servant state. The capital has no single oil company except for NCDMB which was recently completed by PMB. Electricity is very poor and there's no water. But to rent a single room self contained with modern facilities could cost as much as 250k. A room and parlour self contained could go for 350k. Houses with old facilities in slum areas could go for 150k and 250k for a single room and one bedroom respectively. Food items are also expensive. Only transportation is cheap in Bayelsa
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by DSC7: 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2022
campbelljosh:
Are there jobs?

No high paying jobs due to lack of companies...

They are mostly farmers..
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Viscuz: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2022
seunben:

The cost of living in Bayelsa- Yenagoa- is UNREASONABLY high. It makes no sense because the state is largely undeveloped, there's little or no job/business opportunities. It's basically a civil servant state. The capital has no single oil company except for NCDMB which was recently completed by PMB. Electricity is poor and there's no water. But to rent a single room self contained with modern facilities could cost as much as 250k. A room and parlour self contained could go for 350k. Houses with old facilities in slum areas could go for 150 and 250k for a single room and one bedroom respectively. Food items are also expensive. Only transportation is cheap in Bayelsa

Ok
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by DSC7: 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2022
Spidermon:

Which one is "hello baba" ? I am curious

Lowest form of yahoo.. ..

Those wey know the game know as dem dey run am..
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Emeka71(m): 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2022
Christiansimon:

Yes but Oshogbo and Ile-Ife have candid power supply with food and transportation so cheap.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by dizzi60(m): 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2022
Are you joking?
Viscuz:
Bayelsa
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Viscuz: 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2022
dizzi60:
Are you joking?

Keep asking you think when they say cheap state na only plate and spoon abi ?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Adeneye12345(m): 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:
The cheapest state to live in the south is Osun. Things are relatively cheap here from house rent to basic provisions. If you're really tired of staying in glorified cities then Osun is the most convenient place you can live in.

There is stable power too in Osun. Osun has one of the most stable power in the entire country
come to osogbo, you will know wetin dey sup,
Osun is different from osogbo in term of cost of living
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Olojuobinrin(m): 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
booblacain:

Thank for clarifying this bro. About how much do they charge for agent and agreement fee for that 2 bedroom flat?

It depends on the agent most times , but I expect 10% of the rent for agency and 10% for agreement as well
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Christiansimon: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2022
Emeka71:
Yes but Oshogbo and Ile-Ife have candid power supply with food and transportation so cheap.
yes that is true.i Gues

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Traffic Diversion As President Emmanuel Macron Visits Afrika Shrine, Lagos / If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.