Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South (34202 Views)

The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Viscuz: 10:34am On Aug 01, 2022
[quote author=Sleekfingers post=115273911][/quote]

Say what you know you can’t call Bayelsa useless because it’s still developing .

On the other hand because it is still developing that is what makes it cheap .

Other states that re better is not only the government that developed it . Go and buy a land in Bayelsa Nd devolved other people will buy and develop that is how it is done
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by abat4real37(f): 10:36am On Aug 01, 2022
Oyo state is cheaper than Osun

3 Likes

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by wman(m): 10:36am On Aug 01, 2022
Keyz1:
Ife is not cheap. You need 120k-150k to rent a selfcon

Yeah. Mostly due to OAU and other tertiary institutions there. But I think accommodation is cheaper in the remote town areas where indigenes live.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by PotatoSalad(m): 10:37am On Aug 01, 2022
Progressiveby:
Enugu State for me
God forbid. Where 3 bedroom apartments are running into 1m+

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by yemmit90: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:
The cheapest state to live in the south is Osun. Things are relatively cheap here from house rent to basic provisions. If you're really tired of staying in glorified cities then Osun is the most convenient place you can live in.

There is stable power too in Osun. Osun has one of the most stable power in the entire country

Ile- Ife is not cheap at all.

More expensive than what you get in other states except Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Viscuz: 10:41am On Aug 01, 2022
abat4real37:

Yes yes exactly I forgot to mention OYO .
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Judolisco(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2022
DSC7:
In osun state you can get a single room for 12k yearly in a busy environment...

Safe contain 30k yearly....

2bedroom flat 50-60k yearly....

3bedroom flat 70k yearly....

Plus 12 to 18hrs steady power supply...

But................................ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Again most of the youths there are into
Hello Baba, Yahoo yahoo and Rituals..
3 bedroom for 70k Abuja person no go believe you... Sef contain for common duste alhaji or lugbe na 250k-300k
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by yemmit90: 10:42am On Aug 01, 2022
abat4real37:

You are 100% correct.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by paradigmshift(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2022
Viscuz:

Hahaha na you know .

If you hold money better go secure land
why secure land in bayelsa
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by muykem: 10:43am On Aug 01, 2022
Viscuz:

I’m not trying to play smart and I won’t insult you .

Tell me how many southern states you have been to in that country?
There's no southern states I have not been and by grace of God I am presently in Bayelsa state at moment.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Jsucre(m): 10:44am On Aug 01, 2022
gebest:
You are very correct Osun is the cheapest state to leave in the south if not in Nigeria as a whole sef. I have being there couple of times, it beat my imagination if Osun is even in Nigeria sef.
Osun East isn't cheap #ife/ilesa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Viscuz: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2022
muykem:
There's no southern states I have not been and by grace of God I am presently in Bayelsa state at moment.

And your comparisons ?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Christistruth00: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2022
Mandate2023:

Lie

Exactly

Osun People are Farmers, Traders and Artisans including their Youths

I don’t want to sound arrogant but I’m not sure if any state hate Stealing as much as Osun People

Most of them would rather remain poor than steal

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by sylve11: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2022
Viscuz:
Bayelsa

Bayelsa is one hell of an expensive place to stay, oga.

angry cool
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Sleekfingers: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2022
Viscuz:

Say what you know you can’t call Bayelsa useless because it’s still developing .

On the other hand because it is still developing that is what makes it cheap .

Other states that re better is not only the government that developed it . Go and buy a land in Bayelsa Nd devolved other people will buy and develop that is how it is done

Why should I buy a land in a state, that is not ready for development?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Trojan8(m): 10:48am On Aug 01, 2022
Keyz1:
Ife is not cheap. You need 120k-150k to rent a selfcon

Is this not cheap? embarassed

Come to Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by kponkedenge(m): 10:48am On Aug 01, 2022
backtovillage:
Watch as they troop in and shout Osun state is no man's land

The OP hasn't been to Ebonyi State, I guess that's why he made that conclusion about Osun.

Ebonyi State is one of the top 3 scantiest State in Nigeria, house rent is as low as 10k for a room self contain, even 3 bedroom flat is not more than 50k.... If you come outside to your street on a working day, it will be very quiet and deserted..... As everyone has either gone to farm or their trade.

Plus the light is great and Dave Umahi really tried in the construction of roads.

Osun still has a lot of population compared to Ebonyi State.

He should travel there and see things for himself.... And I'm not even from Ebonyi, but I've been there and can attest to this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by happney65: 10:50am On Aug 01, 2022
Of course it is. The poverty capital of the SW made possible by aregbesola wey come use his own affect Oyetola.

Rubbish!
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Christistruth00: 10:50am On Aug 01, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Why should I buy a land in a state, that is not ready for development?

Bayelsa is ready for development

Nigeria can not be taking Crude Oil from a State for Sixty years then turn around to say it is not ready for development
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by sylve11: 10:51am On Aug 01, 2022
chigoziri2403:

Bayelsa is more expensive than even rivers state

Don't mind that guy.

I have stayed in most parts of the state. A very expensive state to live in with nothing to hype about it. cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Evaremedy: 10:51am On Aug 01, 2022
OSUN is no man land that's why

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Sleekfingers: 10:51am On Aug 01, 2022
Christistruth00:

Bayelsa is ready for development

All right.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Bobbiee: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2022
The only livable cities in the South West is Lagos, Abeokuta and Ibadan. The rest is just fvcking depressing. I've lived in the South West my whole life. Moved from Oshogbo to Ado to Ogbomosho to Ilorin (north). Even stayed in Ife for a short while. I know what I'm saying. I think it's just something about the red sand and dust or maybe the fact that a lot of buildings are built poorly as is the case of Oyo, with rusting corrugated sheets.

Personally, I prefer the South South to the South East. Almost all the houses, even in the most remote village is built to standard. And the leaves are green year round unlike the south West where the leaves dry up most of the year.
I haven't been in the North so I can't say.

But here's my ranking on the southern regions:
South South followed by South East then South West.

If Lagos was a region on its own it would be at the top. But the fact that it falls under the South West removed it from the list.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Christistruth00: 10:56am On Aug 01, 2022
Evaremedy:
OSUN is no man land that's why

Let me humbly remind you that both Modakeke and Ife are in Osun State and both are

Battle Tested Fighters so when in Osun kindly employ good security to watch what comes out of your loose mouth

Osun doesn’t suffer blabber mouths and Chest beaters gladly

They will deposit you and your Luggage in the next Bus heading back to your Village in

the East without uttering a single word of Complaint they will even pay

the Bus driver your fare back home and give you for free all the Akara you can eat on the Journey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Burgerlomo: 10:58am On Aug 01, 2022
That's a perfect place to live for freelancer cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by flejnr2(f): 11:00am On Aug 01, 2022
Bobbiee:
The only livable cities in the South West is Lagos, Abeokuta and Ibadan. The rest is just fvcking depressing. I've lived in the South West my whole life. Moved from Oshogbo to Ado to Ogbomosho to Ilorin (north). Even stayed in Ife for a short while. I know what I'm saying. I think it's just something about the red sand and dust or maybe the fact that a lot of buildings are built poorly as is the case of Oyo, with rusting corrugated sheets.

Personally, I prefer the South South to the South East. Almost all the houses, even in the most remote village is built to standard. And the leaves are green year round unlike the south West where the leaves dry up most of the year.

If Lagos was a region on its own it would be at the top. But the fact that it falls under the South West removed it from the list.
It’s like you are a herdsman? This one wey you Dey find green grass

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Burgerlomo: 11:01am On Aug 01, 2022
BATified2023:
don’t forget to add there’s no job n only few business thrive

Only federal workers n yahoo boys are enjoying d stete

The state is perfect for content creators, freelancers and so on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by skyrockete(m): 11:04am On Aug 01, 2022
To be honest, Osun State is a good place to live. I am currently in Osun and I can attest to what OP said. I have lived in PH, Bayelsa, Lagos, Ibadan and Maiduguri before and i know what it takes to live in those states I mentioned.

Although, Maiduguri was cheaper to live when I was there like 13 years ago but two things were conspicuously lacking in Borno State then Viz: Security and steady electricity supply.

Talking about Rivers State, PortHarcourt in particular, things were costly virtually in all sphere of life exempt "Omoge"�.

I have also lived in Bayelsa State too and I cannot compare Bayelsa with Osun State in any way when it comes to the cost of living ; Osun is cheaper to live.

Lagos, I ran away from Lagos because of many things my life could not endure. First of all, I hate the vehicular traffic � in Lagos and this always lead to restlessness. I woke up for work by 4a.m and came back to my house by 9 p.m. Every where in Lagos was stuffy! I pity many people who live in Lagos but in thatched houses, abject poverty and insecurity. I will prefer living in a two bedroom flat in a village rather than a dilapidated rented room apartment in Lagos.

My experience in Ibadan, factually speaking, Ibadan is relatively cheap like Osun but it is becoming overpopulated now. Nevertheless, you can still find your way of living comfortably in Ibadan and the electricity supply there was not bad as at the time I was still there. Though that is Osun is better. Mind you, Oyo light is supplied from Osogbo's power line.

Now Osun State, Osogbo as a case study, things are cheaper here in comparison with other states I have mentioned. There is peace, at least 16-18 hours of electricity supply, motorable road network (Gbosa for Aregbesola�). Everything is just kuleee here honestly though jobs are scarce but you can Venture into a business. Like me I am into Agriculture , other businesses. You can call for your pineapple suckers at a reasonable price or for your farm set up. You can also visit our farms to confirm.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Prechgold1180(m): 11:05am On Aug 01, 2022
Viscuz:
Bayelsa

Is it the Osun I left last week or you guys are talking about another Osun

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by muykem: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2022
Viscuz:

And your comparisons ?
Every other states have cities and villages and prices of every commodities reflect it but in Bayelsa things are even more expensive in Villages than town.
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by LUAN1: 11:06am On Aug 01, 2022
Bobbiee:

any region without green leaves is a no for me. I love green vegetation

2 Likes

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 01, 2022
tolexy007:
After Lagos and ibadan, Akure is the 3rd most expensive to live in south West
Oyo is damn too expensive, even their remote villages aint left out. I was told 300k for a 2bedroom flat. As in inside village with no economic viability. ironically yahoo boys are d ones making this houses skyrocket. they are ready to dish-out any amount for accommodation.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My First Snow Experience In The UK �� / If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / Two Cars Collide At Airport Road, Oshodi Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.