Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? (48933 Views)

My Neighbor Has Been Cheating On Her Husband With A Bike Man / 'My Wife Has A1 In Bed, Never Refused Me Sex': Man Praises Wife On Her Birthday / So My Woman Has Been Cheating Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Godszilla: 10:53am On Aug 08, 2022
simple answer, you will have to let her go.

Its really tuff when you have children involve and sorry she has selfishly put you in this state. Like few have said, you probably in a way created this problem for yourself while trying to be the understanding husband(not your fault but not everyone can deal with that level of reasoning so you need to have be more discerning). you have a decision to make, hard one at that. take like 2weeks to 1 month to think it through. the lord is your strength
Lastborn0074:
Please I need honest suggestions. My wife has had several male platonic friends ever since we met. She became friends with others through me. I trusted her because she's a very sociable person, so I wasn't bothered because I know a lot of ladies that have male friends too. She's been open to me about them.

Recently, something happened. A close female friend of hers (also married) started keeping her at arm's length. My wife didn't know what the problem was until information got to her that this friend of hers was going about telling people that she could no longer be friends with her because she's sleeping around with men indiscriminately.

My wife confronted her with this information, for which she denied. But the informant, who was also invited, insisted that she actually said it. Before this time, my wife would always complain that each time she visits her friend, she would knock on the door but nobody would respond. This happened repeatedly until her tenant told my wife in confidence that his landlady was always around each time she visits.

Recently, I discovered that my wife was actually having amorous relationship with her male friends. I have access to her messeinger and I have seen those amorous chats. She would delete the ones that could implicate her. A male friend of hers even sent her adult videos and she told him to send more, that she was enjoying it. This man went further to send her his masturbation video.

I confronted my wife with these and what people told me, but she denied. After putting much pressure on her, she said she was about to do it, not that she actually did it. I asked her the reason and she said that it was because of the hardship we were facing. Since her business collapsed, it's been very difficult to survive with our four children. I'm the only one fending for the family. Even after confronting her, I discovered that she's still into the act.

Given the above scenario, what should I do? Please I want only healthy comments that will help me make my decision. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by RPG2020(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2022
Send her to Italy if you know you know
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Wettoid123: 10:53am On Aug 08, 2022
when your wife cheats there is no need seeking advice from outsiders cos a cheating wife has no place in a mans heart the best thing to do is to throw her out if u dont wnt to die young.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Bigredmachine: 10:54am On Aug 08, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
the guy na idiot

That part 0f "I know she has many male friends, she even became friends to some of them through me" weak my kidney a lot...

Though it's not bad to make male friends, but over trusting her with a male friend is just a mumu man doings

6 Likes

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by blaise26abj(m): 10:54am On Aug 08, 2022
You already have doubts . She said that she almost did it ( I can guarantee 80 percent that she has done it ) . She hasn’t stopped it . She was only loyal when money dey . When there is no money she can open legs . Please go and investigate your wife’s past especially when things were tough . Seems opening of legs is the only other way, apart from business, she knows to make money .

My advice , separate for now and this advice is based on the unrepentance . Look for solutions while separated. It will be hard with 4 kids but you don’t want to die or kill her in the marriage . If it cannot be resolved, leave . Do dna for all the kids while at it to be sure you will be spending money on your biological children

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2022
jeromestarks:
On a second thought, stay with her until she plans your death with one of her rich male friends.
Don't worry, your children will be well fed.
The choice is your bro.
Lol Many stupid men will learn the hard way they think we are misogynists

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by streetsoldier1(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2022
Lastborn0074:
Please I need honest suggestions. My wife has had several male platonic friends ever since we met. She became friends with others through me. I trusted her because she's a very sociable person, so I wasn't bothered because I know a lot of ladies that have male friends too. She's been open to me about them.

Recently, something happened. A close female friend of hers (also married) started keeping her at arm's length. My wife didn't know what the problem was until information got to her that this friend of hers was going about telling people that she could no longer be friends with her because she's sleeping around with men indiscriminately.

My wife confronted her with this information, for which she denied. But the informant, who was also invited, insisted that she actually said it. Before this time, my wife would always complain that each time she visits her friend, she would knock on the door but nobody would respond. This happened repeatedly until her tenant told my wife in confidence that his landlady was always around each time she visits.

Recently, I discovered that my wife was actually having amorous relationship with her male friends. I have access to her messeinger and I have seen those amorous chats. She would delete the ones that could implicate her. A male friend of hers even sent her adult videos and she told him to send more, that she was enjoying it. This man went further to send her his masturbation video.

I confronted my wife with these and what people told me, but she denied. After putting much pressure on her, she said she was about to do it, not that she actually did it. I asked her the reason and she said that it was because of the hardship we were facing. Since her business collapsed, it's been very difficult to survive with our four children. I'm the only one fending for the family. Even after confronting her, I discovered that she's still into the act.

Given the above scenario, what should I do? Please I want only healthy comments that will help me make my decision. Thanks.

GOD HAS DELIVERED YOU, FLEE FROM WHAT WILL KILL YOU

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Oyiboman69: 10:56am On Aug 08, 2022
Lastborn0074:

Very true. She has become very disrespectful.
you lost your self-respect the moment you failed to do the needful. stay there and be considering the children, you're alone in the marriage

1 Like

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Agpxxx(m): 10:57am On Aug 08, 2022
Strongdickfresh:
Pardon her and show more love than before. She will never cheat on you again. You are the cause of her cheating...
shut up
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 08, 2022
Lastborn0074:

What about our four kids...all girls? How do I bring them up alone?

I guess you saw the signs b4 u marry her..

Every ugly marriage must have a sign during courtship...

Just that una allow useless lust to overwhelm una all in the name of love

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by etrouble: 10:59am On Aug 08, 2022
If you don't move away from that House, you will die prematurely, GOD FORBIDS such for you

1 Like

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Joshchi19(m): 10:59am On Aug 08, 2022
Treat her well and pray; divorce not an option here
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by PrinceMajestic: 10:59am On Aug 08, 2022
Bigredmachine:

That part 0f "I know she has many male friends, she even became friends to some of them through me" weak my kidney a lot...

Though it's not bad to make male friends, but over trusting her with a male friend is just a mumu man doings
a woman I call my "wife" keep male friends? What for na?
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by tommy589(m): 11:00am On Aug 08, 2022
Lastborn0074:

I can not imagine the emotional pain you are passing through,and she won't stop her adulterous lifestyle no matter what.
It is either you tolerate her until your financial situation improves before quitting the relationship or you move out for her and the children,and stop intimacy. Sometimes the genesis of the hardship is her sleeping around with different men

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Oyiboman69: 11:00am On Aug 08, 2022
Lastborn0074:

What about our four kids...all girls? How do I bring them up alone?
hope you'll be able to take care of them when you're crippled with stroke or dead?...senseless question....

1 Like

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Aboo0123: 11:00am On Aug 08, 2022
The evidences you have suffice to discharge her and get another lady. However, ensure you play smart and ensure you take your children from her before sending her packing. Else, she will go away with them and consequently deny you access to them and you will find it difficult to train them the way you planned.

It's not safe to continue living with a promiscuous wife because she can go to any length with compounded lies and satanic plots to cover up her exposed secret. While your continuous expression of your displeasure and criticism of her immodest act could anger her to take your life on a coded level. Your utmost silence on it poses a greater danger. Hence, kindly pity your life and your family's. Don't forget to keep your trusted family members informed about it. God will guide you through on how to take care and train your children so that they don't take after her. What about if she passed away, you will definitely raise the kids without her. So, be guided accordingly.
Only a living man can take care of his children and remarry. Thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Faposky95: 11:01am On Aug 08, 2022
first, only a man can admit the down lows on social media. so if youre right and not pulling the tiger's tail,run a paternity test ( contact me on [/b[b]]09130937906)
when you have that info, you can run a quiet investigation on who, where...before why....
Second, your love and life is about to change .....so carefully weigh your options (as you sound middle class and intelligent) enough.
Thirdly, pray from your heart.
fourth, you are not alone....youll do well in the end.
.....it could happen to the best of us
thank God its not death
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 08, 2022
Leave her alone make you no go commit murder o ashawo dey her eyes because prostitution is not the solution to financial difficulties.
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by MrSwiftt: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2022
Lastborn0074:

She is an adulterous woman and if you find it hard to forgive her, you have the right to divorce her.
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:03am On Aug 08, 2022
OriOko88:
I no jus know why I dont like putting mouth in marriage palava. Naso my neighbor was punching and beating his nursing wife tbis morning..asin heaving pounding that thier door was trembling.. I just kept ma calm feeling un bothered until my other female flat neighbor came shouting at my door calling ma name to come.. I still no answer.. I just dont HV interest. It was later tonight that d guy's family came to scold him,he even received heavy slap from his mother before the wife was taken away..with a heavy face. I just mind my business..even tho the wife is nice to me sad
That's exactly what I will do. Before you meddle into their affairs next thing the husband will hate you
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by BloomingDale(f): 11:03am On Aug 08, 2022
Lastborn0074:

Very true. She has become very disrespectful.

Oga, find out what you are doing wrong and change your ways. Try to be more romantic. Try to help more with the house chores and bringing up your kids. Don’t just sit around all day watching football and expect your marriage to be paradise.
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:03am On Aug 08, 2022
OkoYibo:

Instead of a promiscuous woman her to allow her husband catch her cheating, she prefers for her husband to die and she is seen as a widow.
Whichever way to achieve her husband's death will now look attractive.

The day your wife sees a man who has money and promises to take care of her and her kids, you are a dead man. You are only alive because she is yet to see such man.
Most men will learn the hard way about that gender
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by ThinkSmarter: 11:04am On Aug 08, 2022
Lastborn0074:

You have some options : Tell her to always insist on using condom when she's having her affairs so that she won't infect you with disease, else....
Separate from her
Divorce.
Discus it with her mother or someone she respects, like other family members that is confidential.
Ignore her, she is probably out to explore and won't stop until satisfying her curiosity.
Take her as a sex object and a baby sitter.
Stop attaching emotions to her.
A wife is a just but a customised who.re
Be happy that you were able to father the four children with her.
If not because of HIV and other dangerous STDs, I personally won't mind.
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:05am On Aug 08, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

When we tell these guys to do thorough investigations before marrying they think we don’t know what we are saying. He married a loosed whoore in the first. A whorish Lady pretend a lot when she sees someone she wants to marry. Especially when she sees that Mr Nice guy who says the past is past.
Hahahhahahaha this guy you understand women wela
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by emmabest2000(m): 11:05am On Aug 08, 2022
Lastborn0074:

Your wife is a cheerful woman

The only Y in that my comment should be silent while reading my comment grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by nsesam(m): 11:05am On Aug 08, 2022
BRO pls relaxe and get all the needed evidence and prove including video proof and show her family members before breaking the death trap call marriage . About the kids give them to your siblings or parent while still sending them money for upkeep.
Don't forget a cheating wife brings the husband down fall , might be the reason you are strugling to make survive financial.
Divorce the evil woman and watch God bless you
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by firstratedcitiz(m): 11:06am On Aug 08, 2022
Honestly speaking, I don't know what to advise you to do about it. But one thing I can tell you for sure is that she can't stop doing it. This is why I have kept saying that it is a wrong idea for a married man or woman to keep female or male friends, as the case may be. Some people will tell you that it's nothing but it's wrong.
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by OkoYibo: 11:06am On Aug 08, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Most men will learn the hard way about that gender

If a woman is loyal, protect her fiercely. If a woman is cheating, you handle women with stealth and decisiveness.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:07am On Aug 08, 2022
GOFRONT:
........And a Man died just lastweek within my neighbourhood because of this similar issue. A very gentle and quiet man for that matter. His promiscuous wife left him and their five children to go stay with her Man lover because of hardship.

I guess it is the heart break and shock that accompany the adultrous lifestyle of his wife that finally sent him to his untimely death. Now she and her manlover will take over the dead man's property Properly.

Op, As we speak, we are yet to get over the sudden death of the man in the neighbourhood........Pls quit it now. I dont want to hear "So so and so Nairalander with moniker Lastborn has kicked so so and so type of Bucket.........but you shall overcome this one.
Stop announcing this information allow this men to learn the hard way they think we are misogynists
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by gannod(m): 11:08am On Aug 08, 2022
Personally, married women should not have male friends. They hardly know when to draw the lines. You can have a heart to heart talk with her and let her know the consequences of infildelty. The effect on the children is not palatable at all. Maybe you two need to see a marriage counsellor.
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Holyness123: 11:08am On Aug 08, 2022
go on ur knee… shed tears... cry bitterly and beg her not to cheat again...refuse to eat for one weak, cry hard and pray to God to help you change her mind, if you do this things she will pity you not cheat anymore.. but if she does...take her go shopping...and apologies to her and she will change for better... do this now before one of them impregnate her...
Re: I Discovered That My Wife Has Been Cheating On Me: What Should I Do? by Sapeleomi: 11:09am On Aug 08, 2022
Lastborn0074:

Must you make jest of me?
Sorry to hear about your ordeal bro..

The ultimate decision is yours..
A breach of trust in any relationship hurt. You must decide if she fully understand the impact of her actions, and consequences on yourself and the effect on the marriage..
She seems to be doing hook up or sex talking for money? . So your financial stability as a union must be explore? Should this be a team effort or just you to provide? Is she cheating because of money or getting attention or affection outside and want to explore her sexual urges with another person? ... If she is willing to compromise on the vow and do the dirty while you are still able to work.. Then think about what will she do when you are unemployed or disabled? ..Economic hardship is not reason for cheating, it just shows it was married to you for comfort and financial security..
Integrity, honesty, trust are key characteristics you must watch out for.
As per your 4 daughters, you can co- parent with her... Both of you will equally train and provide for the young children.. She contributes half the school fees you do half. Not sure of your accommodation situation?.. If she decides to give you full custody of the kids then fine but never prevent her from seeing her children.
The bottom line never stay in a relationship with someone you cannot trust because of the children.
Forgive her if she shows genuine remorse, gets a job, and work on her mistake.. However, if you feel she is deceitful, untrustworthy and cannot be relied on..
Then you have to decide what is best for you and your life.. Make sure you protect your mental health... I have see great men breakdown due to relationship issues..
Keep in touch with family and good friends to keep your spirits and mind positive..
Best wishes.. Take your time and not be hasty in making any final decision now.. .
Best wishes...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dear Mothers, Stop Bleaching Your Baby's Skin. / My Wife Sleeps With My Brother - Husband Tells Judge / My Neighbour And His Fiancee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.