Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? (20910 Views)

URGENT, 70k Monthly Salary Or Marketing Executive At Mutual Benefit Assurance. / Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? / Is 20k Salary Ok? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by slan87(m): 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2022
Follow your heart.
If you don't mind what people will say, Okada will be the best option here cause you will be the one to decide either you want to make more money or you still want to remain stagnant. Simply means you are the boss of your own, your growth lays in your hand

1 Like

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by lawsmith8: 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2022
Go for the both. You can do teaching in the morning and do bike in the evening

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by majamajic(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:

Thanks boss... I enjoy teaching but the pay isn't encouraging at all & most school owners would always feel like God using the hell out of their staffs
I can afford to get the bike but I'm kinda concerned about what people would say

Don't look at what people will say

I have a friend , in the morning he will dress well go another area , do his okada stuff , then come back in evening . He is living in 2 bedroom with his 4 kids and wife

3 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by sylve11: 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:

I can afford to get the bike but I'm kinda concerned about what people would say

Piken wey nor dey shame, dey go far for life. cool
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by 10kgod(m): 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
Venture into bizz bro. That's my take. Or else if you can mix both together shaaa. Nothing can be compare to self own bizz.

Bizz>>> business

Hope you aren't in Lagos shaa...?
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by sylve11: 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2022
LordIsaac:
Okada oooo. Teaching job will just earn you a false sense of security while you waste your life. By the time you wake up, you will have zero connections and zero experience for the real world. At least with okada, you get some sort of exposure and may one day carry your helper.

grin grin cool
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by ORIAYO70(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2022
northbird:

If you can afford an Okada. Why not spare 10-15k extra. Add a plastic cubicle, get crash helmet, light boots, reflective jacket and start logistic/delivery.

You will make more money doing delivery /logistics than Okada. You will even get the much needed connect to land the corporate job you want. You will be the one running from orders....

Leave teaching and start the delivery /logistics asap.

Pls I really need enlightening on this delivery package.

This is my wtsap no
08027562993. Hi me let's talk. Thanks
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by judedwriter(m): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2022
Teaching job is slavery if the salary is poor.

It's better to hustle as an Okada rider, at least you can make more than sitting tensed about your future in a classroom.
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Geovanni412(m): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:
Teaching job of 20k salary 7:30a.m to 4p.m or okada hustle for a bsc holder? which would you recommend?
All contributions will be appreciated please!

Op, follow likeaking's advice, you need to connect with your peers. Dem fit help you out with job. In addition to this, try and connect with NIgerians schooling abroad - many of them are stressed from combining work and schooling. You can make anywhere from 500k to1 million naira per year just by doing masters assignments from them if you play your cards right by doing a good job and delivering on time. Instead of teaching for salary, start your own private lessons. Talk to your Church to give you small room or hall wey u fit dey teach them. U fit dey teach each student at 5k -10k per month. if you get 20 students, that's 100k per month..add it to your abroad hustle and you can start planning your next move.
It is well - God will see you through.

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by butterfly777(m): 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2022
northbird:

If you can afford an Okada. Why not spare 10-15k extra. Add a plastic cubicle, get crash helmet, light boots, reflective jacket and start logistic/delivery.

You will make more money doing delivery /logistics than Okada. You will even get the much needed connect to land the corporate job you want. You will be the one running from orders....

Leave teaching and start the delivery /logistics asap.
Bros, I need more enlightenment on this. How do one get customers?
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Gabriel5050(m): 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2022
If u know what u are doing, u can save the money to start a little business within six t eight months from riding bike, comparing to teaching job that u can't save 20k in a month.Don't follow people saying but think about your expenses and future. Don't make okada as ur permanent job but use it to establish yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2022
How about a tricycle? I feel it's better than okada.

1 Like

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by sylve11: 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2022
wiseone28:
Bike riding very risky work..

One day you must have a date with Mr bone for bone straightening.

Nairalanders o grin grin cool
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Bullman(m): 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:
Teaching job of 20k salary 7:30a.m to 4p.m or okada hustle for a bsc holder? which would you recommend?

20k a month is terrible enough for a graduate.
If you care too much about what people will say, why dont u move to where nobody knows u? then get a bike do your hustle. set a target probably a year and save up for a keke . I know bike riders earn as much as 3k or more daily in the north.. people will laugh at your hustle but won't give u shishi when u are broke ..
Use your head.

3 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Gentlevip: 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2022
Oga better think beyond that circle. It may be difficult but the option is not in those two options. For now manage but keep you resolve and hope intact. Though not palatable

If you cant go get the okada
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by MartinsD12(m): 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:
Okada riding is better, just be careful while riding that's all , get helmet you good to go

1 Like

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by sylve11: 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2022
LikeAking:

If u know how to make friends and maintenan friendship, life becomes easier.

Just a small advice. Find all ur class mates who just graduated with you, some will do very well, we are doing well, forgot all d bad news.

Then persuade Dem to help u find a job. Many will get jobs despite d economy.

Draw closer to those with jobs, at least one go show u road.

U may b on dis journey cos u are an introvert, u no too get friends etc.

Funny enough, na most introverts dey get the block chain sef. cool
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:

Thanks boss... I enjoy teaching but the pay isn't encouraging at all & most school owners would always feel like God using the hell out of their staffs

Farmer wey dey find favourable weather, no go plant anything.

You're still concerned about what people who don't even have options, will be thinking about you?

I laugh in poverty. Make moves while you still get options o.

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by highbee02: 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2022
Stallionhorse:
The truth is that riding a bike comes with many negative side and unforseen circumstances. I will advice you to take the teaching job forget about the small pay use it as a stepping stone to build your resume and the focus on moving to some other job that pays better..

Which resume/ CV do u want him to build while hungry? Do u know how much they are selling the rubber paint of beans? The young man should start okada hussle jare

4 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by pegix(m): 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2022
Okada hustling all the way

U would make the 20k in a week

3 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by thatsleepboy1: 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2022

4 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by aylagos(m): 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:
if you are the one please find a way to send your cv to me.
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Theomaintain(m): 2:05pm On Aug 23, 2022
I hate that teaching pass anything... I prefer Okada oo... In a month u go know wetin you realize even more than that teaching jab.
Even pesin wey dey fry akara get money pass Nigerian teachers. Mtcheewww!

3 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Olamigreat: 2:05pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:

Come let me employ you
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by morounkeji18(m): 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2022
May God make us all comfortable in whatever we do. Bros go into teaching if and only if you a good mathematics teacher. With time I can develop interest in teaching English language. Try to balance both and watch you making good pay. Mathematics is a blood money bros. Never let anyone tell write off teaching to u. Like u said u have a passion for it. Anything is possible in whatever u do. Am a teacher and I can tell u I earn wore than an average banker in naija with ease. Thou I don't teach in a school any longer. But remember u need start from somewhere. I even give home lessons out on percentage. Never let anyone discourage u. Don't forget u must be good in mathematics to survive teaching.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by porthouse7(f): 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:
u better go ride okada Mr man

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by TheGift: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:

Riding Okada May get you more direct money, but the wear and tear on your body and life will be more telling. Talk less of the higher level of occupational hazard and accident proneness.

With teaching you can do what you love, impact young lives, have time for side gigs, like extra classes or riding Okada once in a while. smiley

Check out this opportunity for pre service teachers: https:///3d2mdpaf

Choose wisely
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by sonofthunder: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:

He said to follow your heart not your passion
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by everythinggirly(f): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
Okada sure pass. Imagine getting 7k everyday and saving 3k daily, than waiting for one whole month to receive a 20k.

Better still you can add the both of you really have passion for teaching, it all depends on you.
choose wisely.

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by DerichMcFalzy: 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
Why not do okada and use that teaching work as a side hustle like home lesson.just thinking out loud cz putting ur wholeness on teaching job under someone who's not appreciating.my brother think twice ooo

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by TheGift: 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
Theomaintain:
I hate that teaching pass anything... I prefer Okada oo... In a month u go know wetin you realize even more than that teaching jab.
Even pesin wey dey fry akara get money pass Nigerian teachers. Mtcheewww!

It is the Teacher that is not good or doesn't know their worth and is only focused on salary that will become or remain poor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by chiedozie198100: 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2022
Deasegun19:

if u care abt what ppl will say, oga penury never sight u be that. wait...

I wish I could afford a bike make I hustle.
teaching job is rubbish in most part of Nigeria...

So those people that may say something are the ones feeding you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Dress For A Police Job Interview? / UNICEF EMPLOYMENT -- CLOSING 23 September 2014 / Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.