Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? (20869 Views)

URGENT, 70k Monthly Salary Or Marketing Executive At Mutual Benefit Assurance. / Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? / Is 20k Salary Ok? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2022
Na waa. B.sc holder okada job. Why don't u use d money to buy okada for something better
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by twosquare(m): 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
grin grin cheesy
shantti:
There is this restaurant near where am teaching. Teachers who eat there can't afford complete meal, they have to eat tiny swallow without meat or tiny beans without bread or plantain. But if you see the type of food okada people order there, u will start to salivate. Omoh, in one plate, big fried rice, lots of meat, beans, lots of plantain, egg. If they are eating swallow, come see wraps of huge fufu, assorted meat and big soups, omo, those guys feed well, we teachers will just be looking at them and be salivating because we live according to bugdet
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by BadNews: 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2022
yemmyyemmy60:
can you put me thru on this

Get In Touch With . COM

On Whatsapp Chat Or Facebook Or Twitter
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Anakazo22: 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:

Thanks boss... I enjoy teaching but the pay isn't encouraging at all & most school owners would always feel like God using the hell out of their staffs
I can afford to get the bike but I'm kinda concerned about what people would say

My brother, don't follow what people will say, so long it's your personal bike, I would advise you go with okada,it's far better than that 20k teaching job. There is dignity in labor
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Tzar(m): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2022
What is wrong with doing both?
Teaching won’t pay you much, but it will keep you sharp for bigger opportunities that your credentials will offer. Private classes will also multiply your earnings.
You can make okada a side hustle from 5-8pm week days and 12hrs on weekends. This will help you raise critical funds you need to develop yourself with courses & trainings that will help you stay prepared for bigger opportunities.
I assume you are a youth. This is the time to hustle hard and set a 2,5 and 10yr legitimate goal to kick poverty out of your life.
While at it look out for a partner that will love you and support your goals. When you make it, you can NEVER get a Nigerian girl to truly love you selflessly again.

1 Like

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by adeboizy11(m): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2022
Bro deposit that money and get uber or bolt certified vehicle on hire purchase. You'd pay on a monthly. Government been disturbing riders on a daily these days

Godsprojectayo:

Thanks boss... I enjoy teaching but the pay isn't encouraging at all & most school owners would always feel like God using the hell out of their staffs
I can afford to get the bike but I'm kinda concerned about what people would say
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Emeraldfynest(m): 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2022
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Godsprojectayo(m): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
Joyless004:

Yea. Don't mind anyone or any humiliations coming from it. I received enough insult when I was riding taxi to the extent I received one like that that made me go bk to the house ,parked my car n started crying. At some point. I wiped my eye n went out again.

The biggest slavery in this country is teaching work n once u start it, quitting it is always difficult. My mum was a teacher n always tell me this "teaching work would make one not see far from where he or she is at d moment".. is never a good job in this country

When I was doing nysc,I disguised as if I wasn't serving n got a full teaching job. They offered to pay me 25k to reach (agric,computer and biology) knowing full well I was a science teacher. They did it intentionally just to get opportunity to use me in mathematics n physics as well cos I did engineering. I never knew the plan until I started. If I tell u d kind of slavery I went through. Public holidays students won't come but they command u to come as a teacher. After doing lesson,they share money into 3 ,take 2 Na share one for the teachers. I was seeing all this but relaxed just to atlesst finish my nysc. When I finished,I approached them n made my voice heard that I wouldn't be taking 25k anymore. D principal seeing what I offer to the school esp after waec result came out n all sciences students cleared their papers. . She told the owner of the school to increase my money to 30k. Whereas other teachers who r scared to talk remain in same old salary. I laughed in my mind. After 2 weeks,she came n called me telling me they want d whole teachers to be wearing suit to school. I asked her if she know how much at all one suit cost in the market,she said it doesn't matter. I told her It won't work. She still went ahead to bring the topic up in staff meeting,to my greatest suprise ... The whole slaves called teachers no one could talk. I raised my hand and also attacked d motion. She got angry that despite calling me for back to tell me that so I would shut up if she brings it up in the staff meeting,I still got d guts to oppose it. She reported me to the school owner. I laughed.

I now later came bk telling her I can't be doing lesson on 3 subjects in sch n at d end,she takes 2 out of the 3 of the funds and share 1 to us,she got angry again. I was seeking for a way to leave the school. She now went behind n reported me again to the owners of the school. This time around the man asked him what exactly she want to do to me... She said she wanna use me n make sure they finish waec again that following year n Nexo,then sack me.. unknowingly to them,a friend of mine was behind hearing the discussion. When they came bk,d guy called me n told me they have passed my judgement. Gave me evidences. I told him I already know what d woman wanted to do. I waited to get my Jan salary in early February, immediately I got it,I took off. P
Arranged their material in my space in staff room n after two days she didn't see me. She called me I told her am not feeling fine. She begged n begged n begged. For my mind,I said "see this one. She thinks she is smart.". I didn't go back there.

Bros. I started taxi. Made money that I never wanted to leave until I got a good job offer. I left the taxi work n later got a second job as well. Now am planing to leave one job n go back to taxi whilst I manage d job with job security.

Nothing sounds better than being Ur boss. No one tells u when to sleep n wake up. No one commands u around or want u to worship him or her as a god just cos they gave u a nonsense job.

Grab that bike with Ur full chest. If Ur focused. I bet u. Within d next 4-6 months. U don buy keke with Ur money n next one u get a car. Leave Nigerian jobs. It will always end in tears. The only job u take without thinking twice is government job or multinational jobs. Any other one is a big shit.

I have typed an epistle. Read in between lines and advice urself
Oh my goodness...
Sir, I'm dumbfounded!
God bless you for your time Sir...
I've been on nairaland years way back, this topic was my first & I must say I'm glad seeing you all contribute. I've gone through all comments on here & I really respect you all. God bless!

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Shollay20(m): 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2022
adeoyekay:
Why can't combine the two together at least when you leave from your place of work . You can still hustle out with your bike, if you keep doing this , you will eventually leave one for one.
No private schools will allow this.
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Godsprojectayo(m): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2022
adeboizy11:
Bro deposit that money and get uber or bolt certified vehicle on hire purchase. You'd pay on a monthly. Government been disturbing riders on a daily these days

My concerns lately sir..
How do I get in tourch with you so you'd guide me through the processes sir?
I'd appreciate!
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by CCC2(m): 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2022
Okada will surely give u more money but will change your complexion and expose u to a greater risk
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by jmichael259(m): 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2022
Do not send money to me or anybody here for advise, registratrion etc
Zero-8-1-2-four-five-nine-16-66 contact for more info.
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Sambaby7640: 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
thatsleepboy1:

Bros I'm a student and presently a dispatch rider with jumia food. Bros do the okada work and if you can raise money, dispatch work will pay you. ₦20k na dough wey u go see in 1 week na no be mouth.
is it possible to be dispatch rider for jumia without your own okada?
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
wiseone28:
Bike riding very risky work..

One day you must have a date with Mr bone for bone straightening.
that was how two okada riders were admitted recently at one Dr Bones hospital close to where I reside
you really need to see how they were screaming when Dr Bone was busy using hammer to straighten their bones
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by pocohantas(f): 5:32pm On Aug 23, 2022
shantti:
There is this restaurant near where am teaching. Teachers who eat there can't afford complete meal, they have to eat tiny swallow without meat or tiny beans without bread or plantain. But if you see the type of food okada people order there, u will start to salivate. Omoh, in one plate, big fried rice, lots of meat, beans, lots of plantain, egg. If they are eating swallow, come see wraps of huge fufu, assorted meat and big soups, omo, those guys feed well, we teachers will just be looking at them and be salivating because we live according to bugdet

Una no go kill me for this Nairaland!
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Fantazy(m): 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:
Teaching job of 20k salary 7:30a.m to 4p.m or okada hustle for a bsc holder? which would you recommend?
All contributions will be appreciated please!

If you already have the bike why not give it to someone to ride and deliver to you on weekly basis (with signed agreement)
then you do the teaching.
Gather more money and do something better.

Note: I'm also a teacher currently earning that same amount you mentioned. I had to combine another job (night job) last month. My plan is to save up some change, buy the equipment I need (Camera) and go into my main hustle (skits production). This life no balance!
So help me God!
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by holubee21(m): 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:

Will that people put food on your table? U think people send u as u broke? Forget that ur degree for now and face reality
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Cyril009(m): 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:

My concerns lately sir..
How do I get in tourch with you so you'd guide me through the processes sir?
I'd appreciate!

Godsprojectayo

Op enter this thread ask here all of em here are bolt, Uber and taxify drivers they should be able to help you with installment car.

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/4922
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Brunicekid(m): 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2022
Emeraldfynest:
Nigeria is really tough. My Mum earns 16k as a Primary school teacher with her first degree too, I really hope she gets a better job. It's been almost 15 yrs she is teaching and this I her highest salary sad sad
Really, earning 16k in 2022?? Seriously?

This is so so sad!
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Map1(m): 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:
Teaching job of 20k salary 7:30a.m to 4p.m or okada hustle for a bsc holder? which would you recommend?
which state are you,can you drive with valid lincense?let me show you a job of 60k per month
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by unisnaira: 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2022
thatsleepboy1:

Bros I'm a student and presently a dispatch rider with jumia food. Bros do the okada work and if you can raise money, dispatch work will pay you. ₦20k na dough wey u go see in 1 week na no be mouth.

Interested in the business. Your contribution please, how much is the special bike for dispatch business now?

Including others like plastic rubber mounted at the back, Helmet etc. Thanks
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Emeraldfynest(m): 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2022
Brunicekid:
Really, earning 16k in 2022?? Seriously?

This is so so sad!
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Scolari020(m): 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2022
Go for the teaching why weekends use that for your okada business
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by damoceile: 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2022
thatsleepboy1:

Sent you a pm bro... Tell me more about this jumia delivery... I reside in ibadan and I have a bike I would like to be in the delivery business.. Need to know a couple of things
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by plsdisvirginme: 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2022
Joyless004:

Our problem is that almost all graduates wanna do a white collar job. One graduate told me of late she didn't go to school to come out n start doing a menial job,I told her issorite. When reality hits hard on her,she will definitely start hookup or something else cos she ain't ready to do menial job.

I started my life via transport biz immediately after nysc. I just saved out lil to buy a very old model of corolla and I made the money I used to buy it within 4months

There is money in transport biz n that's why those into it hardly leave it their entire life. Better take the bike n start managing with time u would graduate to keke n car
Can I get old corrola for 500k
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by emmadave007: 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2022
How did you go about the jumia dispatch work can you please put me through
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by wiseone28: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2022
FREDCLSSICO7:

that was how two okada riders were admitted recently at one Dr Bones hospital close to where I reside
you really need to see how they were screaming when Dr Bone was busy using hammer to straighten their bones
Even sitting on a bike is risky not to talk of riding it all day
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Fab21: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
ojotobiloba1:

Forget about what people will say, even my own teaching job wey dey fetch me 50k per month, contemplating of dumping it for anoda. Bur the question I dey ask now is.. What is that another.. Country just unfair and hard

Pls, did you've a teaching job link that pays such amount in Ibadan?
The Freelancing work I'm doing is dry recently.
Pls, I need Job in Ibadan..
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by VIKTO83(m): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2022
My brother irrespective of the fact that I made riding is demeaning, it pays so well than that offer of teaching for 20k.
Go all out with all ur strength and do the okada with target and determination.
In one year u will be shocked at ur achievement.
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by Blackdisciple(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
Rather okada pays
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by PraisesPblaze(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
Where is your location please.?
ojotobiloba1:

Forget about what people will say, even my own teaching job wey dey fetch me 50k per month, contemplating of dumping it for anoda. Bur the question I dey ask now is.. What is that another.. Country just unfair and hard
Re: Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? by frozen70(f): 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
Godsprojectayo:

Go for okada it will give you time to be your own boss and you can manage time and control stress of daily life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job / Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme / 100 Job Seekers March To Alausa In Protest Of No Job (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.