Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization (24757 Views)

Who Is The Founder Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Organization / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2022
PREPARING FOR CONVENTIONS
Preparations were done months b4 the convention.Our Kingdom Ministry contained the dates & location of conventions & our cong 'l receive a letter telling us our convention dates. We were told to start saving money for convention expenses & pay 4 our transport "small small". Some brothers organized the transport & hired a driver.Sometimes our cong & many others hired a Lorry that we commonly called 911. Although it's clearly written "GOODS ONLY" in the lorry, the most intelligent organization in the world packed humans in it. Thus, the year 2012 witnessed a serious road accident involving JWs who travelled to their convention in a lorry somewhere in Akwa Ibom State where many were seriously injured & few died to go & await a global ressurection to a paradise earth where death & pains shall be no more...LATER

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by olalere55: 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
GOD IS THE ONLY JUDGE AND HE ALONE KNOWS HIS TRUE WORSHIPERS . THE END SHALL TELL
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2022
Hi! more stories later. Anybody who's not comfortable with my story should kindly leave the thread & stop polluting this thread with insults.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 7:00pm On Aug 25, 2022
...another area of preparation was our outfits. We had to go & disturb the tailor (& cry if necesary) to finish our clothes. The ladies had to go for a new hairstyle. Convention was a good time to boom the incomes of tailors & hairdressers. Then we got new shoes & other accessories. We hardly thought abt the convention theme or whatever they're going to preach frm the platform for the 3 days. Our minds dwell on the thrills of camping in the assembly hall,meeting other children & playing all manners of game we knew.Back then the rules weren't as rigid as they are today.Until construction workers frm the branch office came to demolish the old assembly hall & constructed a new one,the rules were easy to go with. It's the new Assembly hall that brought new & more rigid rules like limited number of people in a dormitory, aggresive security dogs parading the arena at nights,male not entering female dormitory,no cooking with firewoods & more unreasonable rules...

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
Templee333:
...another area of preparation was our outfits. We had to go & disturb the tailor (& cry if necesary) to finish our clothes. The ladies had to go for a new hairstyle. Convention was a good time to boom the incomes of tailors & hairdressers. Then we got new shoes & other accessories. We hardly thought abt the convention theme or whatever they're going to preach frm the platform for the 3 days. Our minds dwell on the thrills of camping in the assembly hall,meeting other children & playing all manners of game we knew.Back then the rules weren't as rigid as they are today.Until construction workers frm the branch office came to demolish the old assembly hall & constructed a new one,the rules were easy to go with. It's the new Assembly hall that brought new & more rigid rules like limited number of people in a dormitory, aggresive security dogs parading the arena at nights,male not entering female dormitory,no cooking with firewoods & more unreasonable rules...

The first time I tried sleeping in the dormitory just to save money for transportation to and fro was the Last time I tried it. I was thoroughly disappointed. Why is it called a Dormitory when there are no beds? Are they expecting all JWs to bring their own mattresses and to sleep on the bare floor? What are they using the voluntary contributions during these conventions for? Let me guess, they all go straight to Watchtower. No. That is unacceptable in a so called God's organisation! Very disappointing! That was not all! Why were there separate comfortable rooms and beds for circuit Overseers and other higher ups but not for the regular JWs? I noticed that as well. Was that your observation too? Nobody prepared me for the uncomfortable nights I had to spend there.

Chai! What a Disgrace! sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 7:33pm On Aug 25, 2022
...aside frm the playing & hanging around with frnds,the ideas of sitting one place through the program frm morning till evening was boring.Only on sunday morning when a full costume live drama will be presented did we stay focus. It was a real strugle 4 kids who didn't secure a place in d front seats early in the morning to see the platform because of stuborn spectators who'd ignore the instruction not to stand up.Another boring moment was the brother who'd say the final long and fanciful episode of prayer.He'd quote bible verses & explained them as if Jehovah didn't knw the verses already.When he'd finally say Amen we're relieved. As i grew up,i started paying attention to talks at assemblies & took them serious,these contributed to my future calamities.I shoudn't have taken them serious!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
Courz:

The first time I tried sleeping in the dormitory just to save money for transportation to and fro was the Last time I tried it. I was thoroughly disappointed. Why is it called a Dormitory when there are no beds? Are they expecting all JWs to bring their own mattresses and to sleep on the bare floor? What are they using the voluntary contributions during these conventions for? Let me guess, they all go straight to Watchtower. No. That is unacceptable in a so called God's organisation! Very disappointing! That was not all! Why were there separate comfortable rooms and beds for circuit Overseers and other higher ups but not for the regular JWs? I noticed that as well. Was that your observation too? Nobody prepared me for the uncomfortable nights I had to spend there.

Chai! What a Disgrace! sad sad sad
each publisher that wants to lodge still pay 4 dormitory fee in every convention/assembly

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
Templee333:

each publisher that wants to lodge still pay 4 dormitory fee in every convention/assembly

Exactly. They pay yet the dormitories have no beds but their higher ups have beds. That left a bad taste in my mouth. Where do all those money go? Why even pay fees when the dormitories are not comfortable for them? What's wrong with Watchtower making dormitories all have beds for everyone as a sign of giving to JWs? Are they not registered as a Charity/NGO? sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2022
olalere55:

GOD IS THE ONLY JUDGE AND HE ALONE KNOWS HIS TRUE WORSHIPERS . THE END SHALL TELL

One of them asked a sincere question that they're all avoiding:

zoer:

Is there a better replacement for JW?

Well the answer is NO!

They can all see the only religion standing tall above others {Matthew 5:14-16} so they can only agitate against what Jehovah has declared "HOLY" but they can never ever find any better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by oteneaaron(m): 10:30pm On Aug 25, 2022
Templee333:
...aside frm the playing & hanging around with frnds,the ideas of sitting one place through the program frm morning till evening was boring.[b]Only on sunday morning when a full costume live drama will be presented did we stay focus. It was a real strugle 4 kids who didn't secure a place in d front seats early in the morning to see the platform because of stuborn spectators who'd ignore the instruction not to stand up.[/b]Another boring moment was the brother who'd say the final long and fanciful episode of prayer.He'd quote bible verses & explained them as if Jehovah didn't knw the verses already.When he'd finally say Amen we're relieved. As i grew up,i started paying attention to talks at assemblies & took them serious,these contributed to my future calamities.I shoudn't have taken them serious!

Wow

This brings back so many memories - it is almost nostalgic.

I was a member of the drama crew in my early to mid teenage years.

I still remember going to the kingdom hall every Saturday for drama rehearsals.

We each had scripts and a recording of the drama that you had to mime along to.

The dramas were my highest point during the district conventions - now known as regional conventions.

Another thing I liked about the convention was that during break time, my friends and I would go and "tax" older brothers for money we could use to buy snacks and take pictures.

These conventions were almost like our own mini Christmas.

Lol

As we got older, these conventions were a perfect ground for meeting new fine JW girls from other circuits - if you don't gerrit, forget about it grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2022
Templee333:
PREFACE TO THIS STORY
I thank everyone who followed my previous stories thoroughly. I hope u learned a thing or two by reading them. Here I want u all to know BCS wasn't the begining of everything. It was after my effort to find the biblical God in other christian denominations had yielded no result that i started to look elswhere.I want to narate a story that i believe will be an eye opener to a lot of people.I left the JW society at the age of 22. After releasing all my effort into the only organization i believed was the "truth",i came to realize that i've been lied to. If u are a faithful Jw reading this,please kindly get out because it is an apostate thread & it's not good for ur blind faith. But if u are a JW who is trying hard to believe the bulshits u r being fed in the organization,stay here & see how ur already weary faith extinguishes in a short time. Unlike the other stories,i am 100% sure of anything i'l tell u here abt the JWs. This is templee333 apostate network FM, DONT TOUCH THE DIAL...

Satan is a master of deception. He is a con-man, the greatest I,n the art. He is strongly opposed to anyone who finds the road to life. For the others who wallow in darkness, he makes sure they're as blind as a Carmel in a dust storm.

Satan has a strong hold on this world. Philosophies, attitudes, lifestyles and opinions are all under his control. Anyone who decides to worship God the right way will be swimming upstream, a difficult task, but possible with God help.

Many watchers have said that with the advent of the internet, the number of Jehovah's witnesses will greatly reduce. In their thinking, the internet will help in a large scale to expose secrets about the organization to it's members and many will leave in droves. This hasn't happened as they have envisaged. There has been a marked increase in the number of publishers with Nigeria's figure now above 330,000.
I'm 33, i was raised a witness and I've been an elder since 2015...there were times when I was greatly discouraged, when I saw conflict, envy and brazzen conduct among Christian brothers...those times I sat down alone and asked myself, "is
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 11:09pm On Aug 25, 2022
Templee333:
PREFACE TO THIS STORY
I thank everyone who followed my previous stories thoroughly. I hope u learned a thing or two by reading them. Here I want u all to know BCS wasn't the begining of everything. It was after my effort to find the biblical God in other christian denominations had yielded no result that i started to look elswhere.I want to narate a story that i believe will be an eye opener to a lot of people.I left the JW society at the age of 22. After releasing all my effort into the only organization i believed was the "truth",i came to realize that i've been lied to. If u are a faithful Jw reading this,please kindly get out because it is an apostate thread & it's not good for ur blind faith. But if u are a JW who is trying hard to believe the bulshits u r being fed in the organization,stay here & see how ur already weary faith extinguishes in a short time. Unlike the other stories,i am 100% sure of anything i'l tell u here abt the JWs. This is templee333 apostate network FM, DONT TOUCH THE DIAL...

Satan is a master of deception. He is a con-man, the greatest in the art. He is strongly opposed to anyone who finds the road to life. For the others who wallow in darkness, he makes sure they're as blind as a Carmel in a dust storm.

Satan has a strong hold on this world. Philosophies, attitudes, lifestyles and opinions are all under his control. Anyone who decides to worship God the right way will be swimming upstream, a difficult task, but possible with God help.

Many watchers have said that with the advent of the internet, the number of Jehovah's witnesses will greatly reduce. In their thinking, the internet will help in a large scale to expose secrets about the organization to it's members and many will leave in droves. This hasn't happened as they have envisaged. There has been a marked increase in the number of publishers with Nigeria's figure now above 330,000.
I'm 33, i was raised a witness and I've been an elder since 2015...there were times when I was greatly discouraged, when I saw conflict, envy and brazzen conduct among Christian brothers...those times I sat down alone and asked myself, "is it worth the effort I put in?" Those times, I was encouraged by reading about Jesus letters to the 7 congregations in Rev 2:1-17. The first century congregations had issues, issues that could make anyone take some steps back and ask if God was leading them. Some of these issues were so big, Jesus had to send them a message. But one thing was true, they had Gods backing.

I think if you're honest to yourself, you'd acknowledge that no Christian group exist today that follows the bible's direction and standard as Jehovah's witnesses. Jehovah's witnesses have all the errors of the first century Christian congregation, and they also have Gods backing.

Do not allow the arrogant and independent thinking of this world to cause you to overlook the blessings you have enjoyed by being raised in the truth....many would give anything for that position.
Today, in many respects, I'm ahead of my peers in the world and I have the knowledge which leads to everlasting life. It's a privilege you have, don't waste it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:12pm On Aug 25, 2022
BIBLESPEAKS:

Satan is a master of deception. He is a con-man, the greatest I,n the art. He is strongly opposed to anyone who finds the road to life. For the others who wallow in darkness, he makes sure they're as blind as a Carmel in a dust storm.
I'm 33, i was raised a witness and I've been an elder since 2015...there were times when I was greatly discouraged, when I saw conflict, envy and brazzen conduct among Christian brothers...those times I sat down alone and asked myself, "is

zoer:

Is there a better replacement for JW?

Because of this, many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him. So Jesus said to the Twelve: “You do not want to go also, do you?” Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life. John 6:66-68

Abeg their SUPERSTORY can't do anything to the faith of Jehovah's sheep {Isaiah 54:17} the best they can do is present a better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses organization, in the absence of that Paul's admonition to Timothy is my own take:

I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his manifestation and his Kingdom: Preach the word; be at it urgently in favorable times and difficult times; reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all patience and art of teaching. For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories. 2Timothy 4:1-4 wink

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2022
Templee333:
PREFACE TO THIS STORY

Satan is a master of deception. He is a con-man, the greatest in the art. He is strongly opposed to anyone who finds the road to life. For the others who wallow in darkness, he makes sure they're as blind as a Carmel in a dust storm.

I'm 33, i was raised a witness and I've been an elder since 2015...there were times when I was greatly discouraged, when I saw conflict, envy and brazzen conduct among Christian brothers...those times I sat down alone and asked myself, "is it worth the effort I put in?" Those times, I was encouraged by reading about Jesus letters to the 7 congregations in Rev 2:1-17. The first century congregations had issues, issues that could make anyone take some steps back and ask if God was leading them. Some of these issues were so big, Jesus had to send them a message. But one thing was true, they had Gods backing.

I think if you're honest to yourself, you'd acknowledge that no Christian group exist today that follows the bible's direction and standard as Jehovah's witnesses. Jehovah's witnesses have all the errors of the first century Christian congregation, and they also have Gods backing.

Do not allow the arrogant and independent thinking of this world to cause you to overlook the blessings you have enjoyed by being raised in the truth....many would give anything for that position.
Today, in many respects, I'm ahead of my peers in the world and I have the knowledge which leads to everlasting life. It's a privilege you have, don't waste it.
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by johnw47: 12:56am On Aug 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
One of them asked a sincere question that they're all avoiding:
Well the answer is NO!
They can all see the only religion standing tall above others {Matthew 5:14-16} so they can only agitate against what Jehovah has declared "HOLY" but they can never ever find any better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

lost false jw mad max

i cannot find any group better at performing lies than you so called Jehovah's witnesses

do you want me to quote some?

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 1:36am On Aug 26, 2022
Thank you Templee333 for your well-told story. I wish we all could be as calm and cool-headed as you have been despite the name-calling and provocation.
You have a beautiful story that tells the imperfections of men and their organizations. Good men, Yes. But when humans depend on their wisdom to comprehend eternal truths, they build walls that would crack.
Your story shed light on the cracks of the JW organization. It also told their good side, Their commitment to belief, and the way they introduce their kids early to their gospel.
I wish other Christians do not view this as a declaration of war against the JW. He without sin should cast the first stone.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 1:43am On Aug 26, 2022
Templee333 The exciting thing is that everyone, both JW and non JW are following your story with wrapped attention. We can't wait for you to continue.
Carry on.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 2:20am On Aug 26, 2022
WEEK OF INCREASING ACTIVITIES
We also called it circuit week.It's the week that a Circuit Overseer (CO) visits ur congregation.These visits are done at least every 6 months & are likely to be twice a year. The CO writes to congregations to inform of his visit weeks in advance.B4 his visit u'll be given ur Publisher Record Card to check ur activites over the months.A place will be arranged for him to stay in a brothers house for that week.That week will be preaching everyday frm Wednesday to Saturday.He'll have a lot of talks to deliver & meetings with different sets in the cong. The week is indeed full of activity & u can make a lot of hours! The CO likely arrives on Monday & commences his activity on Tuesday. He'll review every publisher's card & marks those who are iregular or inactive.These ones will have to answ questions b4 the CO...

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 2:54am On Aug 26, 2022
BEHAVIOURS OF COs
Some COs I knew were kind & friendly,but some were hot tempered & rude.Since COs change circuits frm time to time,we often endured the rude ones & prayed they should move to another circuit soon. One of such was brother Tony (not real name), he didn't take nonsense frm anyone. He often chose to stay in the home of the richest brother & the finest house.He didn't ever joke with his bills to the congregation,he billed them heavily. His list was something like this:
Barbing=N1500
Petrol(for his car)=N 7000
Mosquito coil=N1000
Toilet soap=800
Feeding=N12000
Laundry=N2000
...And the list continues.
After all these,he'd still condemn the congregation 4 not taking good care of him.Every circuit complained abt this particular CO. He was so discontented with whatever the cong did for him & the elders 're the ones he held responsibly in their final meeting of Sunday b4 leaving the cong. The cong were always owing him some money...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 3:20am On Aug 26, 2022
...this bro Tony didn't settle for less.Poor publishers who drink borehole water must contribute to buy him bottle water.We had to fueled & repaired his car even when no brother in our cong owned a car. But he never drove this car around because brothers had to use their bikes to gave him a ride througout the weeks wherever he went. All these wouldn't be an issue if JW publications don't heavily condemn christendom religious leaders for oppresing their poor members & making a fortune out of them. But Watchtower never talk abt their own leaders behaviour. Is that not hypocrisy of the highest order? However, some CO are considerate & doesn't demand too much frm the cong. The behaviour of a CO depends entirely on his personality & not the organization who claim to change people's life. Wicked people continue to be wicked no matter how long they've been in the JW org. They aren't different frm every other religion on that aspect.Their only excuse is "imperfection"...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 4:01am On Aug 26, 2022
CO & THEIR WIVES
COs don't joke with their wives. Bro Tony didnt want his wife to have anything doing with a brother in the cong. If a brother had to carry the wife in his bike, he made sure that a big gap seperated the two,with her preaching bag filling the gap so that sister's body will not touch brother. If both bro & sis Tony had to sit at the same bike,then brother must be in the middle so as to prevent sister's body touching the rider. U could have a big problem if some CO caught u (a brother) talking to their wife in low tone or being in the same room with her where there's no one else in the room. Even staying outside with some CO wife required that u don't go too close like sitting in the same bench or face to face like when two people are playing "WHOT" game. But i wonder why some CO commit adultery if they respect the sanctity of marriage that much! Mind u,some CO wives insult their husbands even in front of brothers & do it more at closed doors...MORE STORIES LATER

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 9:23am On Aug 26, 2022
Templee333:
BEHAVIOURS OF COs
Some COs I knew were kind & friendly,but some were hot tempered & rude.Since COs change circuits frm time to time,we often endured the rude ones & prayed they should move to another circuit soon. One of such was brother Tony (not real name), he didn't take nonsense frm anyone. He often chose to stay in the home of the richest brother & the finest house.He didn't ever joke with his bills to the congregation,he billed them heavily. His list was something like this:
Barbing=N1500
Petrol(for his car)=N 7000
Mosquito coil=N1000
Toilet soap=800
Feeding=N12000
Laundry=N2000
...And the list continues.
After all these,he'd still condemn the congregation 4 not taking good care of him.Every circuit complained abt this particular CO. He was so discontented with whatever the cong did for him & the elders 're the ones he held responsibly in their final meeting of Sunday b4 leaving the cong. The cong were always owing him some money...

I would like to add to this post. Yes, I have experienced the high demands from COs. I know of one who had similar demands above and he preferred drinking water directly from Bethel only. He said he doesn't drink water from outside.

And Yes, these COs preferred to be hosted by rich brothers. Sometimes, it is these rich brothers that offer to host them. I have noticed that trend. If these brothers host these COs, the COs show some preferential treatment towards them. They don't criticise them about anything. See? This is generally the attitude towards the rich in this religion. Afterall, these rich brothers shower the COs with money. Some are gifted Cars. Yes, COs benefit a lot from the rich brothers. And the rich brothers in turn get immense respect. So, even if these brothers are not that serious in the religion, they just get a slap on the wrist for that whereas the JWs that are not rich get visits from the COs. There is a difference in treatment.
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 9:33am On Aug 26, 2022
Templee333:
...this bro Tony didn't settle for less.Poor publishers who drink borehole water must contribute to buy him bottle water.We had to fueled & repaired his car even when no brother in our cong owned a car. But he never drove this car around because brothers had to use their bikes to gave him a ride througout the weeks wherever he went. All these wouldn't be an issue if JW publications don't heavily condemn christendom religious leaders for oppresing their poor members & making a fortune out of them. But Watchtower never talk abt their own leaders behaviour. Is that not hypocrisy of the highest order? However, some CO are considerate & doesn't demand too much frm the cong. The behaviour of a CO depends entirely on his personality & not the organization who claim to change people's life. Wicked people continue to be wicked no matter how long they've been in the JW org. They aren't different frm every other religion on that aspect.Their only excuse is "imperfection"...

To add to this, I know of a CO who never smiles. Ever! He was very arrogant and rude to everybody. I believe it is a Mental illness on his part. Once his visit begins, the atmosphere in the congregation is more of a company where a CEO visits and every staff is putting on their best behaviours and everyone is as quiet as possible so that their words are not misconstrued. I honestly don't understand why such a man is a CO. How did that happen?
When he wants to speak during his talks and he hears little noise from the back, he will be quiet for a long time and keep a frowning face. There will be this awkward silence in the hall. When the noise disappears, he will begin to speak.

The Elders are always getting the heat from this man. He is always screaming at Elders and Ministerial servants. He will insult all of them. Every one of them will keep their mouth shut!

All of these observations goes to show that the Organisation is not a Religion. It is a Corporation where Branch Managers who are the COs go to every congregation to maintain order and strict working conditions. This is why every CO is always concerned about inactive JWs and makes sure to visit them. Everything in this religion is run like a typical Corporation.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 9:48am On Aug 26, 2022
There are COs who have made it their aim to cause disorder in the congregation. They have made it clear that they are there to step Elders down who have children attending University. Stepping down means to remove the position or post a JW has in the religion. In the JW religion, if you have privileges or posts as an Elder or Ministerial servant, you are either not supposed to attend University or have children in the University. Watchtower frowns against higher education. So, Elders and Ministerial servants involved in it are seen as Bad examples for the congregation. They believe children of Elders and Ministerial servants should learn a trade instead and dedicate their lives strictly for the religion.In that way, they are shining examples to the rest of JWs. The religion comes first before anything else.

One CO came and stepped so many Elders and Ministerial servants down because of this. I have mentioned this experience before in anothef thread. When that CO left, the congregation started to complain and curse that CO out. They even said Satan is operating in this religion. Because of their complaints, the CO was never assigned to that congregation.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 9:50am On Aug 26, 2022
This stories are very revealing.
Question: What happens is a CO is rude to you and you insult him back?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 9:59am On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:
This stories are very revealing.
Question: What happens is a CO is rude to you and you insult him back?

I have never seen this happen. COs can shout and be rude to JWs and JWs will be quiet and say nothing. After the CO is gone, they can open their mouth. But if that happens, I believe the JW that talks back will be disfellowshiped because that is regarded as Brazen conduct. Anyone is free to correct me if I am wrong.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 10:00am On Aug 26, 2022
Courz:

I have never seen this happen. COs can shout and be rude to JWs and JWs will be quiet and say nothing. After the CO is gone, they can open their mouth. But if that happens, I believe the JW that talks back will be disfellowshiped because that is regarded as Brazen conduct. Anyone is free to correct me if I am wrong.
So these CO's are like CEO's

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 10:01am On Aug 26, 2022
...Field ministry with the CO was another opportunity to spent time with these "imperfect" men & see their flaws.We'd write our names in the list of those that will preach with CO.There's one CO who never bothered walking with everyone in the list,he'd just choose one person & walked with him throughout the day,maybe because he was tired of tolerating our nonsense.A CO once sent back brothers who came to field without properly shaving their beard.I once walked with a CO who spent abt an hour talking with a householder abt the performances of masqurades in the past instead of preaching the Kingdom message. A CO who walk with u in the field service may coax u to tell him ur personal & family problem,pretending to be caring. But his real motive is to gather informations & experiences to spice up his lectures during the week or next week in his next cong,or these info could help him know the next person to remove frm his post as an elder,MS or reg pioneer. No CO ever solved an individual or family problem...

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 10:07am On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:

So these CO's are like CEO's

They are not at the top of the pyramid. Their role is more like company men to enforce strict company code and monitor progress. They are Branch Managers who are able to monitor different branches/congregations. They are rotated.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2022
Courz:

They are not at the top of the pyramid. Their role is more like company men to enforce strict company code and monitor progress. They are Branch Managers who are able to monitor different branches/congregations. They are rotated.
That's interesting. But they seem to have a lot of power over the floor members.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 10:18am On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:

That's interesting. But they seem to have a lot of power over the floor members.

Of course. They wield a lot of power. That is the way the religion is set up. You are never allowed to complain in this religion. Take everything as you see it. When you get home, you can complain to yourself and your family. Whenever they visit, everyone is on their best behaviour. JWs that don't go Preaching for a long time will resurface. JWs that have not been active will come to the hall. It is that time you will see faces you haven't seen. The hall will be full to the bream. Although, other JWs from other congregations like to come around CO's visits. Once they leave, you won't see those JWs again.

The COs are also privy to information that the Elders, Ministerial servants and the rest of JWs do not have access to.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2022
DISTRICT OVERSEERS
District overseers(DO) were higher in rank than CO.I knew very little abt these men because none ever visited our Cong.It was the responsibility of any cong which the DO chose to visit to care for them along with the CO & their wives. They had to take care of these 4 men & women & their high demands. The DO travelled around circuits & organized assemblies & conventions. I'd only see them at the platform giving talks but was never closed to any of them. I didn't really understand the nature of their work. They were always present at reg pioneers meeting a day b4 a circuit assembly.COs were subjected to DOs. There are no more District Overseers in JW organization.Maybe they've come to realize that DOs aren't really necesary.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Janet Olukoya Is Dead! Daniel Olukoya's Mother Dies / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev / Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.