Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization (24782 Views)

Who Is The Founder Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Organization / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2022
THE CELESTIAL CHARIOT
The GB of JW often apply Ezekiel chp.1 to their organization moving in response to divine spirit.Thus,their organization needs changes frm time to time.The NWT has been revised & its text edited many times since it's first released. Their song book has been changed & unchanged & rechanged many times. Their Watchtower & Awake! & the "Our Kingdom Ministry" & many other publications has been changed & bear different names many times.When their leaders realize how absurd some of their publications are,they replace it with new ones & stop using the faulty ones. Some of their old publications carry messages that are directly opposite of what they publish today. All these owe to the movement of Ezekiel's celestial chariot. Thanks to the chariot!

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:
Thank you Templee333 for your well-told story. I wish we all could be as calm and cool-headed as you have been despite the name-calling and provocation.
You have a beautiful story that tells the imperfections of men and their organizations. Good men, Yes. But when humans depend on their wisdom to comprehend eternal truths, they build walls that would crack.
Your story shed light on the cracks of the JW organization. It also told their good side, Their commitment to belief, and the way they introduce their kids early to their gospel.
I wish other Christians do not view this as a declaration of war against the JW. He without sin should cast the first stone.
one problem with JW is that they claim to be better than everyone else & know everything.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
Courz:

I have never seen this happen. COs can shout and be rude to JWs and JWs will be quiet and say nothing. After the CO is gone, they can open their mouth. But if that happens, I believe the JW that talks back will be disfellowshiped because that is regarded as Brazen conduct. Anyone is free to correct me if I am wrong.
even when a CO talked disrespectfuly to a brother who's older than him,he'd be afraid of offending the CO & never retaliate. We took him like a god which must always be pleased & not be offended.Even when he's clearly at fault,we took the blame.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2022
Templee333:

one problem with JW is that they claim to be better than everyone else & know everything.
They obviously don't have answers. I have discussed with them many times on this platform. they are smart and they know many bible verses but clearly, they don't have all the answers. No one does.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:
This stories are very revealing.
Question: What happens if a CO is rude to you and you insult him back?
we dared not insult a CO. I remember once we travelled a very long distance to rehearsal at Ass.Hall. We had a demonstration & bro Tony condemned all our presentation over & over again.Finally, he got angry & told us to come again next week. The brother (an elder) who sponsored the demonstration tried to explain that our distance is far & he'd be busy next week.Bro Tony cut in & scolded the elder. The elder pleaded with him. But later on our way back,the elder complained of how rude the CO is & never considered all his labour to transport this crew here. "Must he be insulting people anyhow just because he's a CO?",he mumured. But he didn't respond when the CO insulted him.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
Templee333:

even when a CO talked disrespectfuly to a brother who's older than him,he'd be afraid of offending the CO & never retaliate. We took him like a god which must always be pleased & not be offended.Even when he's clearly at fault,we took the blame.

Exactly. A CO is actually like a god. He is never wrong too. Sad.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
Templee333:

we dared not insult a CO. I remember once we travelled a very long distance to rehearsal at Ass.Hall. We had a demonstration & bro Tony condemned all our presentation over & over again.Finally, he got angry & told us to come again next week. The brother (an elder) who sponsored the demonstration tried to explain that our distance is far & he'd be busy next week.Bro Tony cut in & scolded the elder. The elder pleaded with him. But later on our way back,the elder complained of how rude the CO is & never considered all his labour to transport this crew here. "Must he be insulting people anyhow just because he's a CO?",he mumured. But he didn't respond when the CO insulted him.
To me, that is bondage. But if the JW people would not complain, let me not complain for them.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:

To me, that is bondage. But if the JW people would not complain, let me not complain for them.

At the bolded, That is what a sane person should think. But in JW Land, it is Love. There is nothing like freedom of speech there. You are told how to act, how to speak like a JW, how to feel or what emotions to display at certain times, how to think, who to make friends with, who to marry, how to spend your alone time, the list is endless. You will need to act like a Robot and assume everything is fine with a big smile on your face. Many scandals, squabbles, rifts, in fact everything that happens elsewhere happens amongst them but to them, everything is fine and they are way better than others from other religions. Strong delusion. They are taught how to be Narcissistic and delusional They say they are in a Paradise. Spiritual Paradise. grin grin Have you watched Dystopian movies? Foreign Movies about Cults or about people in an enclosed space with several restrictions governing them with no freedom of speech? That's the JW Land.

This is one of the reasons why they are regarded as a Cult.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
Courz:

At the bolded, That is what a sane person should think. But in JW Land, it is Love. There is nothing like freedom of speech there. You are told how to act, how to speak like a JW, how to feel or what emotions to display at certain times, how to think, who to make friends with, who to marry, how to spend your alone time, the list is endless. You will need to act like a Robot and assume everything is fine with a big smile on your face. Many scandals, squabbles, rifts, in fact everything that happens elsewhere happens amongst them but to them, everything is fine and they are way better than others from other religions. Strong delusion. They are taught how to be Narcissistic and delusional They say they are in a Paradise. Spiritual Paradise. grin grin Have you watched Dystopian movies? Foreign Movies about Cults or about people in an enclosed space with several restrictions governing them with no freedom of speech? That's the JW Land.

This is why they are regarded as a Cult.
Is it really that bad
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:
Is it really that bad

I wish I could tell you No but only someone that has lived that life or was born into it will be able to explain it to you. I was born into this religion. It's not what you can see as an observer looking from outside. You have to be a member to understand what I am saying.

Google Combating Cult Mind Control. or Steve Hassan's BITE MODEL of Authoritarian Control. Then you will understand.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2022
...JW worship d almighty Jehovah who never change & follow the direction of Jesus who's the same yesterday,today & forever.However,the doctrines & beliefs of JW are ever changing.In the days of Russel,all JW were annointed & will rule with christ in heaven while non JW will remain on earth; all annointed christians were the faithful & discrete slave that Jesus foretold; Jehvh was to take all JW to heaven in Oct.1914; The millions who lived in 1914 & thereabout were never going to die. I can't just go on listing them. But the unchangeable Jehovah eventually changed his mind & Russel,Rutherford,Knor all died without going to heaven. All the beliefs above were revealed to them by Jhvh's Holy Spirit,but now the spirit has changed & they have different beliefs which will still change in the future...

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
Courz:

I wish I could tell you No but only someone that has lived that life or was born into it will be able to explain it to you. I was born into this religion. It's not what you can see as an observer looking from outside. You have to be a member to understand what I am saying.

Google Combating Cult Mind Control. or Steve Hassan's BITE MODEL of Authoritarian Control. Then you will understand.
Interesting
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:
Interesting

It is indeed. Now, in order for some JWs to maintain their sanity while in the Cult since they can't leave without consequences, they decide to be Fair weather JWs or Fade. They are Physically in the Cult but mentally Out of it. They do some of what they want regardless of the rules and Know how to cover their tracks. They attend University and aim higher for higher degrees and have absolutely no interest in Positions in the religion. They don't always attend the meetings/Kingdom Hall. They don't take the doctrines seriously. They only come on special occasions like the Memorial of Christ's death, conventions. After that, you won't see them again. They marry who they want. Let's face it. We are Humans and we need rules but Authoritarian way of control will definitely breed Rebels and not every JW will follow through.

These Fair weather JWs are seen as Spiritually Low or Not exemplary or Bad association by the rest of the JWs that take the religion seriously. JWs usually don't associate with these people. They are outcasts. They are usually shunned by other JWs and hardly acknowledged except they are rich with flashy cars and live in Mansions. So, they usually associate with JWs who are just like them in mindset. There are a lot of cliques in the religion. Rich associates with Rich, Poor associates with Poor, unserious associates with unserious, Fanatics associate with Fanatics. If you don't fall into a particular clique when you are trying to expand your friendships, you will be treated in a certain way that is degrading. Too many cliques.

So, as an outsider, you will look at JWs as One United Big family because they have a reputation for being that. But reputations can be fake. What matters is what goes on amongst them when no outsider is looking because they are very secretive. They are not United. They are only conformists. They are obligated to conform to the same line of thought and ways prescribed by Watchtower But they are not United and are still struggling with the showing of Love amongst themselves. You have to be a member to understand this.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:
Is it really that bad
you might not really understand JW except u pass through it. Even JW who aren't faithful members of the organization still hardly understand it.Only most devoted members know how terribly bad it is when they are honest enough to admit it. But unfortunately, an active member often closes his reasoning ability & deny reality in other to continue his race for life in the one & only true religion.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Templee333(m): 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2022
144000 ANNOINTED CHRISTIAN
These 144000 annointed (JW only) are the ones who shall go to heaven & rule for 1000 yrs...COMING LATER
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 7:58pm On Aug 26, 2022
Templee333:

you might not really understand JW except u pass through it. Even JW who aren't faithful members of the organization still hardly understand it.Only most devoted members know how terribly bad it is when they are honest enough to admit it. But unfortunately, an active member often closes his reasoning ability & deny reality in other to continue his race for life in the one & only true religion.

Very true. In order for active JWs to make sense of the religion and continue in it, they have switch off that part of the brain that is responsible for critical thinking and questioning. Watchtower frowns against questioning and teaches JWs to learn to ignore reality to preserve their Faith in the religion. JWs are trained psychologically to make excuses for Watchtower's failures. Faith in the religion is Number One. This is why Watchtower is against Higher Education/University. Anything that makes a JW to question must be shut down immediately and flushed out from the brain. A JW has to make several twists and turns in his brain in order to justify Watchtower's doctrines and policies. This is how the brain of a JW works.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Janosky: 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:

It is bondage to your deluded mind because in your own Bible, the disciples had disagreements and disputes, not once not twice.
That matter would be settled when my brothers meet again, the OP won't tell you the matter was settled because he has a motive for throwing that tantrum.

Have you never been angered or annoyed by your pastor ,fellowship member or colleagues?

Cast the first stone,Hypocrite!
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2022
Templee333:

This could explain why a good number of them are extremely rude and hateful online. They are learning from the so-called Oc

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2022
Courz:

This is one of the reasons why they are regarded as a Cult.
Let me ask you a question and I need a sincere answer. JW members always speak of the great love they share among themselves. I know you have spoken of the bad examples of the leaders but in general, would you say they have great love among themselves? I tend to believe this because they always end up getting married to themselves.
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Janosky: 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2022
Templee333:

Ask your supporters who of them dey shout at their Daddy G.O's & pastorpreneurs who annoyed them?
In your Bible did Paul and Barnabas disagree?
In your Bible, did Paul and Peter disagree?

You are just throwing tantrums. grin
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2022
Janosky:

It is bondage to your deluded mind because in your own Bible, the disciples had disagreements and disputes, not once not twice.
That matter would be settled when my brothers meet again, the OP won't tell you the matter was settled because he has a motive for throwing that tantrum.

Have you never been angered or annoyed by your pastor ,fellowship member or colleagues?

I understand your feelings bro.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 8:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
Janosky:

I am learning from Templee333 to be calm and not to take offense. I don't how he does it but that guy is showing great love and respect. He refuses to be provoked while telling his story. He states the good, the bad, and the ugly without ill feelings. I am not promising anything but in my future discussions with you, I would try to be more loving and forgiving.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Janosky: 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:

Let me ask you a question and I need a sincere answer. JW members always speak of the great love they share among themselves. I know you have spoken of the bad examples of the leaders but in general, would you say they have great love among themselves? I tend to believe this because they always end up getting married to themselves.
Would this DUBIOUS Courz who use my moniker & Max moniker to post his GIBBERISH , give you an honest answer?

Will a scorned, furious DUBIOUS man tell you the truth about his ex?
You will hear what you desire to hear, not the truth. grin.
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2022
Janosky:

Would this DUBIOUS Courz who use my moniker & Max moniker to post his GIBBERISH , give you an honest answer?

Bro, I have discussed with you for over a year. I understand you. These guys are not here to fight. Let us allow them to tell their story. I do not have to believe all they say just like I don't believe all you say.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 8:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:

For the Love amongst JWs, I have discussed on it. You can go back to my previous comments.

As for marrying amongst themselves, it is a rule of Watchtower. As a JW, you must marry a fellow JW. If you plan on marrying a non JW, Elders will discourage you against it. If you go ahead to marry this person and you have a family that is JW, None of them will attend your wedding including your fellow JWs! You will be marked! What that means is a Marking Talk in the Kingdom Hall will be given discouraging marrying outside JW and it will be given in such a way that JWs will know you are the one they are talking about in that talk. So, If you are the subject of a Marking talk, it is best not to go to the Kingdom Hall that day because of the kind of Judgemental looks you will get. You will pray for the grouund to swallow you up. JWs are extremely Judgemental! You will also be looked down on as Spiritually weak unless you are rich.

So, it is never out of Love for themselves that they marry themselves. It is because it is Mandatory to do so and there are consequences for doing otherwise.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
Janosky:

The only question i'm waiting for an answer from all these complainants:

zoer:

Is there a better replacement for JW?

Note that this commentator has proved from the onset that he's not one of JWs:

zoer:

MaxinDhouse will come for you if only he won't derail the topic

So i left all of them in the quagmire of shame as they hypocritically ran away from that post like a plague yet expecting JWs to come arguing with storytellers! cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Janosky: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:

I am learning from Templee333 to be calm and not to take offense. I don't how he does it but that guy is showing great love and respect. He refuses to be provoked while telling his story. He states the good, the bad, and the ugly without ill feelings. I am not promising anything but in my future discussions with you, I would try to be more loving and forgiving.
You are not learning anything.
If you were indeed learning , would you FALSELY assert that your claim of "bondage"?

In your Bible,when Paul disagreed with Barnabas was that "bondage"?
What crime did a JW brother commit for a disagreement with his fellow JW?

I say it as it is !
Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
Janosky:

I don't like being deceived hence I am happy you are contributing to this thread to bring about balance. I am sure you would correct any false impression.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by tctrills: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
Janosky:

You are not learning anything.
If you were indeed learning from him, would you FALSELY assert that your claim of "bondage"?

In your Bible,when Paul disagreed with Barnabas was that "bondage"?
What crime did a JW brother commit for a disagreement with his fellow JW?

I say it as it is !
Thanks for your contribution, well received.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Janosky: 9:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
tctrills:

I don't like being deceived hence I am happy you are contributing to this thread to bring about balance. I am sure you would correct any false impression.

The furious, DUBIOUS Courz made FALSE claims of Freemason & JWs, did Templee333 ever said he saw anything Masonic in our kingdom Halls or places of worship?

NEVER !
Courz is infinitely connected to delusion than reality.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by Courz: 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are not allowed to disagree with the JWs. You can see that now! Similar trait inherited from Watchtower.

Let me explain how Watchtower works in the brain of a JW.

A JW reads a verse and finds that this verse contradicts their beliefs. Watchtower says, "who are you to make conclusions on what you read? Do you know better than us? We are the Faithful Slave giving you spiritual food at the proper time. How can you depend on your own understanding? You cannot rely on your thoughts. Your thoughts are Faulty. Don't you know critical and independent thinking is demonic and a tool of Satan? Trust us as you Trust God. Wait on Jehovah and let him sort out or correct matters on his own. Don't bother to think. Let us do the thinking for you. "

If you are this JW, you will wait forever!

grin grin

The above scenario is known as Mind Control. Google it.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
Janosky:

The furious, DUBIOUS Courz made claims of Freemason & JWs, did Templee333 ever said he saw anything Masonic in our kingdom Halls or places of worship?

NEVER !
Courz is infinitely connected to delusion than reality.

Chai Janosky wan complicate issues for these storytellers, abeg don't say Courz's claims are FALSE perhaps the Temple guy will still merge his story with Courz's claims of freemason and demonic symbols nah! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) / His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching / plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.