Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church (48399 Views)

My Cross Over Experience In A Popular Nigerian Church / Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Miracle? Share Your Experience(s) / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by victorazy(m): 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(3)They also had ornaments like holy oil just like in the Catholic church

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.

Is it not same Christianity or are they serving diff God?

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by edungene7: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
MasterJayJay:

You mean the Bible hates Mary? Or Jesus hates Mary?

One verse in the Bible where Jesus taught us about prayers and he said we should pray to Mary? Just one verse.
Catholics don't pray to Mary but through Mary as an intercessor the weeding at cannan when the wine got finished Mary went to Jesus as an intercessor he said my time as not yet come but he still went ahead and granted her request of turning water to wine no man can claim to respect u and dis respect yr mother in the catholic doctrine Mary is a powerful intercessor she accepted pain and shame for the sake of mankind she deserve all the honor

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2022
edungene7:
so yr daddy GO has all this qualities and yet is members are in perpetual anguish

Who is my daddy GO? Can you tell me? While thinking about that, answer the questions I asked you.

That really got you. You were really pained. Tell me, what am I unintelligent, ignorant and mischievous about?

As someone who isn't unintelligent, ignorant and mischievous, can you negate the following?

Wow...you are so ignorant? Catholics hardly read the bible so they barely know what Christianity is all about.

The word bishop means overseer and it is not a Catholic thing. It is biblical. Unfortunately, Catholics decided to make bishops outside biblical criteria.

1 Timothy 3
King James Version
3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by MasterJayJay: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2022
edungene7:
Catholics don't pray to Mary but through Mary as an intercessor the weeding at cannan when the wine got finished Mary went to Jesus as an intercessor he said my time as not yet come but he still went ahead and granted her request of turning water to wine no man can claim to respect u and this respect yr mother in the catholic doctrine Mary is a power intercessor she accepted pain and shame for the sake of mankind she deserve all the honor

You have not said anything but the usual copy and paste answer. Quote a verse where Jesus told you to pray to Mary as an intercessor.

1st Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God and one mediator
between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus.

This is how to make clear statements to prove a point..

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Pacesetter2021: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2022
What ever you vet, compare it to the Bible not catholic church.
Catholic church is not the benchmark. Most of what is done there is against the Bible so will you stand with God's word or with catholic church, if it gets to that poin?

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by CheapHomes1: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
edungene7:
Catholics don't pray to Mary but through Mary as an intercessor the weeding at cannan when the wine got finished Mary went to Jesus as an intercessor he said my time as not yet come but he still went ahead and granted her request of turning water to wine no man can claim to respect u and dis respect yr mother in the catholic doctrine Mary is a powerful intercessor she accepted pain and shame for the sake of mankind she deserve all the honor

Where does the bible admonish that we should pray to Jesus through Mary?

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by ofexpryz(m): 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
Cypress042:
Op i can bet my balls, you don't know what the preacher preached in church today grin

As a Nigerian we don't ever mind our business.
U get mind sha! What I'd he told u what the preacher preached? U will be left with no balls and he would be moving around with four balls? Tell me please!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by zakkxx: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
You are right brother man! Any church they do more than one service is money they are looking for! Some Pentecostal worst pass Catholic
Tunjibalogun:
I'm a Catholic but once in a while I get to attend pentecostal churches when invited by colleagues though. So I went to this very well known pentecostal church. I found out the following:

(1) They've now modelled their church into several services just as it is done in the Catholic Church unlike before when they go to church by 7am and return by 2pm

(2) They have the pictures of their daddy GO inside the church just like the Catholics use those of Jesus

(4) They have communion service just like in the Catholic church. I took their wine and communion though grin grin

It seems to me like the essence of the pentecostalism is now been defeated because the pentecostal churches we knew when growing up never had these aspects that resembled the Catholic Church practices. To add to it some pentecostal churches now ordain bishops too which were never existent to them them except to the orthodox churches.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by slowbreeze(f): 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

HOLY COMMUNION IS A CHRISTIAN THING AND AN INSTRUCTION IN THE BIBLE FOR ALL CHRISTIANS,NOT CATHOLICS
SAME WITH HOLY OIL AND WATER ETC.

YOU ARE JUST A BIASED PERSON.CHRISTIANITY IS A LIFESTYLE,KNOW THIS AND KNOW.PEACE.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by rowosky(m): 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

Idolater baal worshipper disguised as a christian.

The symbolism of the Denial of Christ by Peter comes to mind.

Peter being ordained by Christ Himself was warned by Christ that the devil will use him against the brethren.

The symbolism of the denial is testimony of the 3 false churches that will arise before Christ returns.

The cockcrow is symbolic as in the spiritual realm , the chicken is sacrificed before the devil is summoned. This is because the chicken announces the arrival and departure of Satan.

You would be familiar with the now common joke of why the chicken crossed the road to which the answer is : to get to the other side.

That other side is the spiritual realm and that now familiar joke was once a codex used by occult initiates to identify themselves in public and a pass code when entering their lodges.

So when Peter denied Christ , the rooster crowed announcing the presence of the devil.

At the last and final third denial, Peter and Christ eyes locked.

This is symbolic that there will be three false churches and when the final arises , Christ shall return.

The Catholic idolatry religion masquerading as the Church of Christ is the first false church Christ warned Peter and Christians about. The Catholic church was universal.

The second is the national orthodox churches like the Anglican, Presbyterian church, Lutheran, Methodist and the Afro Spiritual churches.

The last and final false church is the Judeo-Masonic American Evangelical false church to which majority of all modern Protestant churches have become corrupted by.

Your catholic church is like the original sinner in the bible. It corrupted the gospel and made man and idolatry worship a focus of the christian faith. The man worship being the satanic papal creed falsely claiming to be descended from Apostle Peter. The pagan worship in the form of the ancient and wide spread fertility goddess as represented by the Madonna is a central theme in your pagan religion.

Can you explain why you bow and pray before an image of the Madonna , worship at the feet of the Pope and ignore Christ totally only to celebrate His death?

The catholic church is pagan and also a death cult that mocks the murder of Christ since the crucifix hangs in your pagan shrine as a mockery to a risen and resurrected Christ.

Heathen Pagan idol worshipper claiming Christian.

What will be the final TRUE church and when will this happen
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by edungene7: 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
MasterJayJay:

You have not said anything but the usual copy and paste answer. Quote a verse where Jesus told you to pray to Mary as an intercessor.
is it only what Jesus told u that is been practice in the bible?
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Maconstruct(m): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
Historically we can credit d catholics 4 fighting d early jihadists as templars.
We all could easily have been muslims today.
Very slight chance.

Eee no go bad though
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by detectivejones: 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
All they condemned the Catholic church of doing they do more. The one that weakens me is the picture of daddy and Mummy GO on the alter.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by ifyfat: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2022
There's no gain arguing about pentecostal or catholic church. Your personal relationship with God is all that matters.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by cp3o: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Communion does not belong to the Catholic church. It's a Christian tradition, emanating from the bible.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by btoks: 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2022
MasterJayJay:

The first Christian churches predate the Catholic faith by about 300 years.

The description of church activities in the bible is completely different from present Roman Catholic church.

Please could you let me know where these first christian churches are. Surely they must still exist
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by MasterJayJay: 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2022
edungene7:
is it only what Jesus told u that is been practice in the bible?
If you disobey Jesus command then you are a Marystian, not a Christian.

Praying to the dead is idolatry.

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by sabreal: 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2022
you created more. confusion

there nothing like pentecostal church

any church of the long God that believe in Jesus Christ is pentecostal.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by georgeakins: 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2022
MasterJayJay:
Are they praying to Mary?

Holy Communion? It only shows you were oblivious of what's happening in Pentecostal churches. It's like saying Pentecostal churches have started praying in tongues. Holy communion has always been there in Pentecostal churches.

Several services: Your observation is myopic. Pentecostal churches have been known to have 1st, 2nd, 3rd services.

Holy oil: If you are just finding out Pentecostal churches use oil, then you just came into this world this year.

Dude, go and make real observations.

The first Christian churches predate the Catholic faith by about 300 years.

The description of church activities in the bible is completely different from present Roman Catholic church.

They don't pray to Mary but they worship their General Overseer, who is only a con man that survives by milking his gullible followers.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
detectivejones:
All they condemned the Catholic church of doing they do more. The one that weakens me is the picture of daddy and Mummy GO on the alter.
I'm telling you

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by MasterJayJay: 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
btoks:

Please could you let me know where these first christian churches are. Surely they must still exist
That will be difficult to trace because they didn't carry denomination for head.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Mayeldah(m): 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
Any Pentecostal church where they hang their GO's picture on the wall or paste it on their sign post is not a true bible believing church, run from them. All they do is hero worshipping.

Any pentecostal church where they sell anointing oil or handkerchief or call out people to donate before prayer can be made for them is a scam church, run from it.

Any pentecostal church where they are always hammering on tithe and seed in every preaching, telling you that God will work against you if you refuse to bring those tithes is a scam church. You may attend but hold you pocket while there. Even the ones that collects more than one offering every sunday, run!!!

Any pentecoastal church where their pastor hangs out with Pop stars at worldly shows and he sprays money on Davido, Portable and the rest, please don't come near their gate. Your donations are being used for balling grin grin grin. I guess you know the pastor we are talking about here. grin grin grin
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by remsonik(f): 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
This pentecostal church are following in the way we've been asked to follow in the Bible. Christ told us to take holy communion in the Bible in remembrance of him.
Anointing oil is a practice God instructed us to do in the Bible.
God enjoined us to always preach the gospel, share the word of God and if they have a large congregation worshipping with them in their churches having 2 to 3 services on a Sunday is not bad for everyone to hear God's word in their free time.

Catholic church is not having the holy spirit flow in the church as God's wish. They carry out alot of activities that God by sending down his son as savior of the world has condemned and I pray God will continue to open our eyes of understanding to the scripture and live our lives in his ways in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
poseidon12:

Were you supposed to receive holy communion there?
Long throat lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
SILVERLINES:

Bad boy grin grin

Me I de chop but e get one popular church for my area wey I chop na so I come dey shake like fowl
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by fof1: 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Pls Study what U say U have Observed and Compare Properly with Catholicism...Do not rush into Conclusions Pls. Beware of Fake Worship Centres without Sound Biblical Doctrines or Foundation of Faith Grounded in Christ ALONE. REMEMBER, CHRISTIAN BELIEVERS DO NOT ADORE OR WORSHIP MARY...MOTHER OF JESUS... Free urself from Idolatry, Pls
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
Themandator:

The most ignoramus ever created..... Oyedepo has been bearing the title Bishop for ages

Idahosa, died as an archbishop and there are so many bishop like TD Jake but you only knew that today... What does that say about your person

Coming to communion, many churches started with it because it is not catholic tradition but a commandment of Jesus Christ, himself

The portrait you hang in your church is not that of Jesus but an artistic work by a renowned artist.... Then there is the actor whose pictures sells in your church but is not even a member but just played the role of Jesus

In the nutshell, you have only proved your ignorance of the scripture on a global forum
You're unintelligent, Ignorant and demented cheesy
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by edungene7: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2022
MasterJayJay:

If you disobey Jesus command then you are a Marystian, not a Christian.

Praying to the dead is idolatry.
revelation 8: 3 and 4 and another Angel came and stood on the altar with a golden censer and he was giving much incene to mingle with all the prayers of the saints upon the golden altar before the throne and the smoke of the insane rose together from the hands of the angel with the prayers of the saints to God, who are the saints praying for? they are saved already we believe in this part of the scriptures that God hears the prayer of a saint
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2022
SmartyPants:

Pentecostal churches have always taken communion and have had anointing oil for as long as I can remember.

But here's what I feel you should know: The difference is in doctrine and not in practices.
Leave talk baba, all na same. They perform some rituals even. Ritual I mean here is in repetitive stuffs. I have a great observation on that
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by btoks: 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2022
Pacesetter2021:
What ever you vet, compare it to the Bible not catholic church.
Catholic church is not the benchmark. Most of what is done there is against the Bible so will you stand with God's word or with catholic church, if it gets to that poin?

You're probably not aware that a lot of the teachings that are taken for granted right now are from this same Catholic Church through its councils including the make up of the bible as you see it today.

I'm sure you're aware that even within the bible it is the church that is the pillar and foundation of truth - 1tim 3:15.

And several other references to the church.

I suppose you'll have to ask yourself ,which church. Please do some research Christian history as the bible books themselves were written within a particular tradition/ context.
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Tunjibalogun: 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
Emperordynasty:

Your brain is too filled with Religious activity that’s why you are actively comparing the religious actions carried out in your Catholic Church with those around the Pentecostal churches you claim to attend once in a while

The word of God preached you didn’t hear, i’m Sure the prayer sections meant nothing to you, neither did the praises made to God..

But it’s the rituals and religious aspect of the church that Concerned you because you preoccupied with religion and not God..
Focus on Jesus and not this your “my church is the first church and better than you church” attitude you carrying about ..it won’t take you to heaven and it’s not but “ a Pull him down Christianity “as someone rightly said

Your crown is for knowing Jesus and not being in the Catholic Church..no medal is waiting for catholic members but true disciples of Christ
You are obviously not a serious christian
See this unintelligent, low IQ demented fellow. Who told you I didn't listen. I benefitted from the word of God that was preached
Re: What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church by Probz(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lagos or East?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Small signs to show The End Is Coming / EndSARS: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Reacts To Suit Filed Against Him And Others. / We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.