Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend (54476 Views)

My Wife Refused To Do Family Planning Now She Is Pregnant Again / Pretty Girl Went To Express Herself On Fbook (see Photos) / These Happened After A Girl Went To Have Sex In A Boys Hostel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2022
TenQ:

Can you quote me properly?

I am no expert in barrier methods!
Ok
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by gshsj: 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
TenQ:

A married friend of mine did family planning (medical) just after her first child unfortunately till today, her procedure was irreversible. Her first child is about 15 years old now.

It is a dumb decision as she doesn't know if she would react to the family planning drugs. Even for married people, I advise them to use fp drugs only after their second child
There are temporary contraceptive....use Google ..don't stress me with the ignorance of one Aunt...young gals do reversible contraceptive in abroad like normal
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by cedricksly: 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2022
Wittyglam:
is she supposed to be having sex at that age? There are lots of diseases more serious than pregnancy. I’m just creating awareness for parents.
I have already said it on line 4 to 6 that talking about what is wrong is she being Sexually active at that age as a minor.. But if she is active already and can't stop it, what better way is it to protect herself?
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by dettolgel: 6:45am On Sep 17, 2022
Wisfem:

Am not ignorant of that said protocols, but the thing is this!! The country she did this kind of thing should be in question, are they advanced in health care practice?? 2. The physician in quote! did he consult to his best abilities before this action?? 3. Is there possibility of compromise by the said physician may be on monetary inducement or by sympathy or Negligence??

4. The girl is she up to 18 years so that she can be considered as one who can make critical decisions on her own??

5. Are you also aware of the suppression of some health Related hazards to some certain countries even By who?? Due to the personalities in health sectors, and political gain!!
6. Do you also believe that all the health practices championed by experts are the best to humanity and does not need further Improvement world wide??
7. Practitioner who did this!! did not act to his or her best knowledge or interest of humanity and the girl in quote because,if complications occur he can vindicate him self, there are public knowledge out there on the risks of what she did!! Which were possibly revealed to her and she choose to sign for the procedure, so the physician will win the case.

Did you confirm that the issues you raised were not followed or not?
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by laluski(m): 9:46am On Sep 17, 2022
Ay04z:
and 190 people like diz post..... Dis generation is Lost already....

Really so what solution would you have proffered...tell me
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by laluski(m): 9:47am On Sep 17, 2022
yahmohy27:

Rubbish none is better

So what's your advice
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by laluski(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2022
Edusouls:
May My daughter do the same at that age claim it by saying amen? Generation of lost souls everywhere
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by TenQ: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2022
gshsj:

There are temporary contraceptive....use Google ..don't stress me with the ignorance of one Aunt...young gals do reversible contraceptive in abroad like normal
It was a case in a thousand but it happened anyway. It is called adverse drug reaction .

Some people cannot even take the common Athemether Lumefantrine (Lornart, Amalar etc) that we all take for Malaria because of adverse drug reaction.

I am not saying that chemical contraceptives are dangerous (based on statistics): I am just saying that it is better to be safe than sorry especially in a country where child bearing is extremely important.

I hope you know that every drug has its contraindications
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by TenQ: 10:41am On Sep 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You mentioned in a previous post that you suggest the use of barrier methods over hormonal drug methods to your clients. undecided
I mentioned calender method, symto-thermal method, barrier methods. You focused on just one as if that was what I said.

Knowledge is powerful:

If I flip this over, my conclusion will be that you recommend exclusively only hormonal methods for birth control.
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by Ay04z(m): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
laluski:

Really so what solution would you have proffered...tell me
no sex for a. Sixteen year old kid abeg.... Can't she abstain.. Wat d big deal
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by Taigaban: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Before now, parents have somehow always believed it was their place to force their will on their wards. But I believe that way has always been wrong since in reality that never always goes well anyways. These kids are naturally like us and they can fail and change the way the grown ones can. So the best approach to dealing with even this is while we provide them with wisdom from our own experiences, we also understand that should they choose to ply different paths from that which we did, it is not wrong to ensure they are at least protected from as many pitfalls as possible. Giving our kids sex education that is based on facts, along with tips on the use of family planning methods is not wrong. undecided
"These kids are naturally like us and they can fail and change the way the grown ones can" The fact is often these kids failed and come back with HIV and other deadly STD's including unwanted pregnancy. So it's appropriate that we advocate abstinence.
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
TenQ:

I mentioned calender method, symto-thermal method, barrier methods. You focused on just one as if that was what I said.

Knowledge is powerful:

If I flip this over, my conclusion will be that you recommend exclusively only hormonal methods for birth control.
Ok undecided
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by Kobojunkie: 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2022
Taigaban:
"These kids are naturally like us and they can fail and change the way the grown ones can" The fact is often these kids failed and come back with HIV and other deadly STD's including unwanted pregnancy. So it's appropriate that we advocate abstinence.
How effective has advocating abstinence alone been? undecided

1 Like

Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by Taigaban: 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How effective has advocating abstinence alone been? undecided
It's been very effective, I know of many girls and boys who abstain from premarital sex. And today they are happily married and with children. No guilty conscience no STD's.
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2022
Taigaban:
It's been very effective, I know of many girls and boys who abstain from premarital sex. And today they are happily married and with children. No guilty conscience no STD's.
So only a handful of individuals who you claim abstained, so for the others who didn't abstain, did you consider their fate lost then? undecided
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by Taigaban: 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So only a handful of individuals who you claim abstained, so for the others who didn't abstain, did you consider their fate lost then? undecided
Some have been fortunate and some lucky. Many have failed, but as nature favors them they are happy with their husbands and wives and children. However, many more are not lucky or fortunate.
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by Kobojunkie: 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
Taigaban:
Some have been fortunate and some lucky. Many have failed, but as nature favors them they are happy with their husbands and wives and children. However, many more are not lucky or fortunate.
So, it is nature that favors those who you side with, and condemns those who you refuse to consider and aide? WOW! undecided
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by Taigaban: 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, it is nature that favors those who you side with, and condemns those who you refuse to consider and aide? WOW! undecided
I don't know what you mean by "those who you side", I simply stated the obvious. You cannot put your hand in fire and not expect to be burnt. You can't keep doing bad things and expect good result. That's where the whole thing hinges.
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by graphics112: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2022
Designs are available for everyone.
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by imagrg(m): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
The world has gone gaga.
Wittyglam:
thank you for getting my point cause a lot of people are praising the act.
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by naikeboy(m): 11:28pm On Sep 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Teenagers are allowed to date other teenagers. undecided
Yeah... Teenagers to teenagers no issue that's how it should be but not a full grown adult dating a teenager..
Re: A 16-Year-Old Girl Went For Family Planning Because Of Her Boyfriend by Wittyglam(f): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2022
cedricksly:
I have already said it on line 4 to 6 that talking about what is wrong is she being Sexually active at that age as a minor.. But if she is active already and can't stop it, what better way is it to protect herself?
but pregnancy is not the only thing to run from, there are deadly diseases.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Signs That She's Giving You The Green Light / Meet Georgina Wambui, Kenyan Wheelchair-bound Woman Who Married Herself / Nigerians' Reactions To A Post About 'Zimbabwean Women & Love For Money'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.