Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' (29558 Views)

The Reason Why We Men Say **ladies Have Only Sex To Offer** / What Do Naija Men Say About Dating Or Having Sex With White Girls / When Naija Men Say "But He Still Fûcked You" Like It's My Loss. Smh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by pointblank247(m): 2:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
Wordsfrombimpe:
You see this talk of when men says I don't have enough money to settle down

Na lie

If you wan settle down you fit settle

Just have an understanding partner

And that include make use of birth control as you dey think marriage

To pity innocent children

The best thing that can ever happen to a man is a good marriage even when money no dey

An understanding and a supportive wife

People wey marry for Yankee you no the house Dem dey live make we no talk Africa

You start small

And then with time it will get better

copyright Digital Bimpe

You see when I said with time it will get better I implied

Patience will be needed and endurance

The best phase of an individual life is the ability to endure before you enjoy that way you can appreciate what you have more and stop bothering about what you don't have

In marriage

You need to understand there are days you will enjoy and there are days you will endure

You have to have that mindset put in place

No be everyday person dey chop chicken

Some days you will eat egg and some days you will eat fish

So is marriage

If you end up with a materialistic partner who believe in I must live large and look large to suit societal Standards

Then it's your business to deal with life situations when it get hard

If you end up with a non materialistic partner who enjoy simplicity

Simple lifestyle

copyright Digital Bimpe The Coach
every man want to settle down but Nigerian ladies are not ready to understand anything, if you are ready to settle down with me , and you are ready to understand that Nigeria Buhari is happening to me now, abeg show face and i will settle down with you before the end of this year.
Wife don finish for Nigeria

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by lordally(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2022
qtguru:

There's a book called a Framework for Poverty it states how the strong chances of remaining in poverty , if you settle without financial backing.

Q Baba you dey gimme joy!!

9 Likes

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Slynation(m): 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2022
Wordsfrombimpe:

Na lie

The best thing that can ever happen to a man is a good marriage even when money no dey

People wey marry for Yankee you no the house Dem dey live make we no talk Africa

You start small

copyright Digital Bimpe

The best phase of an individual life is the ability to endure before you enjoy that way you can appreciate what you have more and stop bothering about what you don't have

In marriage

You need to understand there are days you will enjoy and there are days you will endure

So is marriage

If you end up with a materialistic partner who believe in I must live large and look large to suit societal Standards

Simple lifestyle

The big question you should have asked yourself before posting this is "how many ladies are understanding in this era" ??

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by qtguru(m): 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2022
lordally:

Q Baba you dey gimme joy!!

lol I don see wife port leave husband behind, anything can happen in Naija, they will even say the husband was delaying her glory. grin

Women lol

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
Deep

otis3:
settling down now is by grace, either a man is financially buoyant or not...is just by grace...must people are scared now because alot is actually happening in the so called marriage institution...trust, unselfishness, understanding and endurance is no longer the practice.
Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
Lmao

qtguru:

lol I don see wife port leave husband behind, anything can happen in Naija, they will even say the husband was delaying her glory. grin

Women lol
Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Deep words
Slynation:
The big question you should have asked yourself before posting this is "how many ladies are understanding in this era" ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
I just like your direct response
No time

pointblank247:
every man want to settle down but Nigerian ladies are not ready to understand anything, if you are ready to settle down with me , and you are ready to understand that Nigeria Buhari is happening to me now, abeg show face and i will settle down with you before the end of this year.
Wife don finish for Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
Hmmn, thank you for sharing
gforce5:
Good grief. Nigeria is such a conservative and myopic society. All people talk about is marriage and religion. Nothing innovative. Nothing creative. No discussions on how to enhance one's career or set up a business. Even with the present economic realities on ground, people are still killing themselves over the issue of marriage. It's so funny how Nigerian women are showing concern as to the reason why men in this country are not rushing towards marriage. You lots keep billing and broke-shaming men who are just trying to survive. Men have realized that there are no benefits to getting married except the title of "husband" and "father". The only reason why men get married these days is so that they don't father bastards. There's still a stigma of having a child outside wedlock. Otherwise, many men don't see the point.

Many young men have grown up seeing the women of their dreams snubbing them for yahoo boys or Egbons (Yoruba word for seniors). These same men have now hardened themselves to make money at all cost and do what the aforementioned men were doing to them. Love doesn't exist in Nigeria anymore. A lot of women see marriage as a poverty alleviation program. Many of them get married to the men that were available to them not the men they really want.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2022
LMAO
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Mo bimpe o stop disturbing us na

We are not interested again, your gender have been decieving us into doing this thing since B.C grin

This one wey you carry come now na new format abi na wetin grin
Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
Thank you for sharing

ednut1:
Stop gaslighting men abeg. In Nigeria many women and their families see marriage as a poverty alleviation scheme . U want to deceive men into marriage meanwhile most ladies will tax you and make you borrow for a ‘decent wedding’, lets have one child till we are stable most ladies wont agree. They will say time is going bla bla bla. Tell a woman you want parlour wedding or use her fathers compound. Majority will say no. Men don wise abeg

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Mryacks: 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2022
"just have an understanding wife" to quote the op.

That to me is where the main challenge is. Sometimes even when some men finally find a woman that is willing to start small with them, family & peer pressures, etc will still will come into play in distorting the woman's mindset

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2022
Deep words

Mryacks:
"just have an understanding wife" to quote the op.

That to me is where the main challenge is. Sometimes even when some men finally find a woman that is willing to start small with them, family & peer pressures, etc will still will come into play in distorting the woman's mindset

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Hacks4dummies: 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rozross:
Feminist? I don’t have their strength Biko, I’m a strong dependent woman.
I already love you with this response

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2022
Wordsfrombimpe:

Some one made a very good point on a forum that some men are promiscuous even as they are single and that's another factor why they haven't settle down

This is fact , I agree with her

So when a guy tells me I don't have money it's one factor but some of them dey knack well

I want to ask you some JAMB questions, try and answer them, it will help you gauge.

1. Which state do you live & how much does it cost to rent a decent apartment in that state?

2. How much do you think it cost to feed a family of 3, (Man, Woman & 1 child) now in 2022 ?

3. Do you want to sleep on the floor after marriage or what's your plan? Will the house be furnished by your own family?

4. Will you agree do a small wedding in your parlour, eat meat pie & drink bigi apple drink, everybody dance & go back to their respective homes?

5. In your opinion, how much do you think it would cost to knack a lady VS to actually marry that same lady?

After answering all this questions truthfully, then you know what's up.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by pointblank247(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
Wordsfrombimpe:
I just like your direct response
No time

Yes dear, that's me, real to the bone
Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by owiko(m): 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
A large percentage of women these days wants the very best of everything, but unwilling to raise a finger to see to it's fruition. Too many opportunistic minds out there. Street is cold

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Kajaard: 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rozross:
Feminist? I don’t have their strength Biko, I’m a strong dependent woman.

Lol cheesy, I believe you meant independent and not dependent?

Dependent means you still live with mummy and daddy and rely on them for sustenance or you leech off a boyfriend cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by nkemoma(m): 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rozross:
Men are no longer interested in marriage generally because they are already getting marriage benefits from single ladies doing wifely duties, so it has killed their zeal and interest in marriage. It’s not about money for modern men, it’s mostly about freedom and fear of commitment. The greatest fear of a promiscuous man is commitment and almost all modern young men are promiscuous hence their lack of interest in marriage

Flesh and blood didnt reveal this to you comrade.

Anointing de your head

2 Likes

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Devil1Messenger: 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2022
Wordsfrombimpe:

Some one made a very good point on a forum that some men are promiscuous even as they are single and that's another factor why they haven't settle down

This is fact , I agree with her

So when a guy tells me I don't have money it's one factor but some of them dey knack well

Even the knacking
N.a. una dey enjoy am pass

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2022
Kajaard:

Lol cheesy, I believe you meant independent and not dependent?

Dependent means you still live with mummy and daddy and rely on them for sustenance or you leech off a boyfriend cheesy
No correction needed, anything wrong in been a dependent woman? Meanwhile tell me your main or old monika or leave a clue.

1 Like

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by lawrenzooo: 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2022
Wordsfrombimpe:

You see that understanding partner? That one hard to get.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by webizone(m): 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
I never chop first. Wait make I chop before I comment. Meanwhile, you see that line, "just have an understanding partner", na there water take enter garri.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by meobizy(f): 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
It’s obvious why the advice was typed by a woman. My cousin can’t feed himself on a regular day, na woman he wan add to him problem?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Goalss: 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Lady bimpe , if my gender sey money no dey then money no dey na, na by force to marry .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by KingRSHD2(m): 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rozross:
Men are no longer interested in marriage generally because they are already getting marriage benefits from single ladies doing wifely duties, so it has killed their zeal and interest in marriage. It’s not about money for modern men, it’s mostly about freedom and fear of commitment. The greatest fear of a promiscuous man is commitment and almost all modern young men are promiscuous hence their lack of interest in marriage

Brilliant responds but for me if the man thinks of giving birth due to age then he will still have to settle down because he won't want to give birth to a woman he will divorce again .. so if not for pikin sometimes ehn men shouldn't even think about it ....

Cos children might be useful during your old age and by then all the side chicks u have been flexing about would have all Been gone by then too

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by Romanoff(f): 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Na that understanding partner be the main issue of some people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by edoairways: 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rozross:
Please speak for yourself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by colyx1(m): 8:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rozross:

One chill bottle of champagne � for u

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by BigYash: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rozross:
You got it all wrong. Men dislike marriage these days,because your gender sees it as poverty alleviation scheme. You said men are promiscuous, your gender are more promiscuous these days.. Men benefit nothing ,except children in marriages. As long as we can get kids outside the scam called marriage, there is no need bringing problem (our nowadays girls) into your home ,where she will come and be claiming ownership of a man and his house. Men don wise up..

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by julybaba(m): 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Understanding partner? Inside poverty ?

Survival first, before procreation. Know this and know peace.

Marriage is not a trophy.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Men Say 'I Don't Have Enough Money To Settle Down' by KingRSHD2(m): 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Wordsfrombimpe:

Na lie

You start small

copyright Digital Bimpe

In marriage

So is marriage

Simple lifestyle

The only thing I love in your writeup is the phrase where you wrote

( If you have an understanding partner) but where can you find a lady of such in this 21th century cool sad sad shocked

All of them are codded oloshos

12 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Redeemed Church Service / Sex During Pregnancy The Best For Women, See 6 Reasons Why... / When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.