Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) (62087 Views)

Traffic Management Solutions (TMS) Used By LASTMA To Catch Traffic Offenders / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by ZombieSlayer1: 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
Millimann:
Why not impose fines rather.
Same thing I'm wondering
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Mrtaye: 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

I won't be surprised to later find out that they've turned this into a racket where they can impound and auction off people's vehicles under false pretence to third parties arranged by them.

Nothing is not corruptible in Nigeria.

Na wa
That's what it will eventually turn to, some crooked lastma officials,local government touts and other perceived enforcement officials will just steal people's sweat by trick all in the name of impounding and auction....I frown and detest one way driving but I will never support stealing by trick

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by mployer(m): 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
simplesearch:
Is auctioning of people's vehicle the penalty for traffic offense in Lagos? Can it be said authoritatively that the people involved were given enough time to reclaim their vehicles? If yes, were the charges placed on them for violation of traffic rules comeasurable with the offense committed, that is, is the fine not too high beyond normal? Or was there a deliberate intention to frustrate the owners, thereby making it impossible for them to reclaim their vehicles?
Otherwise, why will somebody using a car of about 3-4million not be able to reclaim his vehicle, if the penalty was affordable and not beyond normal? Or is it to be said, that traffic violation as in driving against the traffic is an unpardonable offense in Lagos?
All these questions beg for answer. Can an insider to this situation please share some useful details about what processes and procedures were adopted before arriving at auctioning people's cars/vehicles.

They bill you 100k at the spot of offence. If you waste time and your vehicle gets to their office your bill rises to 250k. Two more days of delay your vehicle is already at magistrate court and auctioned for 500k. Still more gains to them.

The process can be much faster if you don't speak Yoruba.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by campbelljosh(m): 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
It's cos new model car owners would quickly pay any fine imposed on their cars or never drive against traffic
DaddyFreeze2020:
Why does Lagos Task Force only seize old model looking vehicles?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by omoadeleye(m): 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
They too should obey law...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by crafteck(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
nonny1212:
This is not good na.. on how you go buy car 3m, because of offence and government power, you are watching the same car being sold at 400k. Na wa o. Too painful abeg

Same government that has been offending us
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by spartachico(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
hope4nigeria:
even in US. Traffic offender will be charged to court and issue tickets to pay if found guilty, why is Lagos government this wicked, this kind of thing can cause crisis among people. So if this useless Tinubu become president, he will start selling peoples cars using agbero task force, that is war declaration.

Majority of the people present at the auctions that are buying the cars are friends of the people in charge or friends of friends or even the auctioneers themselves putting money in friends account to acquire those vehicles

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by yeshuasfootstep(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
Let it be on record that I condemn in totality this absurd high handedness and weird way of dispossessing people of their hard earned goods.

Any who supports this in any way should await natural justice. It never fails.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by jojothaiv(m): 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
Offpoint1:

You can't trail me unless I want you to...

I know all ”Tracking” technique used by All Nigeria forces.
Going this length would not be needed if all and sundry abide by the laws of the land but hell no, we like to test the potency of the laws by breaking it but when the consequences stare at us we'd be the same set of people to cry wolf.

But death tracks all...
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Mrtaye: 9:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
datola:
Hmmm... Do Nigerians need iron hand leadership? Yes!
The same iron hand should be metted on the bad and pot holes infested roads,also it should be metted on criminals/area boys that always come to steal from you and obtain motorists whenever there is a flat tyre or unexpected break down of your vehicle

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
reddingtonblack:

How much is the highest fine for traffic offence, that you are looking for range rover or benz ..
no traffic fine is above 100k except for one way that has no specific amount aside jail time if found guilt cheesy

Your vehicle can be impounded without fine over several traffic offenses, so that doesn't hold.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by okorogodwin4(m): 9:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
These is how tillubuu and his fellow criminals are developing Lagos by imponding Igbo people's cars on frivolous traffic offences and auctioning the same car to there fellow tribal criminals tomorrow they will gather like vultures on nairaland typing rubbish
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Slurity(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
SILVERLINES:
grin
E don set

Campaign is closer, they need money to buy votes.

Woe unto anyone voting APC in 2023
That is the only state in Nigeria that is working. Lagos has been sanctioning offenders since ever.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by usagee36: 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
Shame on tinubu and sanewulu. Look at the dead cars they are auctioning.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Morphinne: 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by mployer(m): 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
27Pushing30:

You car can’t be auctioned for parking wrongly

These guys are one way guys… and guess what? Even after this lagosians actually still pass one way lol

Keep talking nonsense.

Until you pass one way by accident or get wrongly accused of passing one way, you will understand the society you are in.

On certain occasions, I have accidentally passed a one way in Lagos and people around had to notify me. Imagine if Lasma saw me first before the people?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by hush15: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

I won't be surprised to later find out that they've turned this into a racket where they can impound and auction off people's vehicles under false pretence to third parties arranged by them.

Na wa

Ofcourse, that is that what is going on.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by 27Pushing30: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
mployer:

Keep talking nonsense.

Until you pass one way by accident or get wrongly accused of passing one way, you will understand the society you are in.

On certain occasions, I have accidentally passed a one way in Lagos and people around had to notify me. Imagine if Lasma saw me first before the people?

In fact on one occasion I suddenly saw myself on BRT lane because I was following those yellow danfo buses that are above the law.
per the last line… who follows yellow bus in this Lagos Lol

Sha drive wisely
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Okhuadams(m): 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

Na wa
not far from the truth. as for I will just target who bought mine from there I know what to do.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Babaken(m): 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
But some of the cars there are not road worthy why auctioning them again.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by reddingtonblack: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
Shoodboi:

Your vehicle can be impounded without fine over several traffic offenses, so that doesn't hold.

i disagree on the the grounds that the only traffic offense in lagos without a option of fine is one way offense. any other offense you have options of fine unless you fail to pay within the specified period

you can visit lagos traffic offense portal on your mobile or you can post your own fact
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Rekeb: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
a
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by spinna: 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
Lagos is working... But is it working for or against its residents? Like play like play naso pple lose their car due to impatience that makes them drive against traffic
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by holluwizzy: 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
Actually... gullible Nigerians will still sell their vote for them...

Meanwhile I did not see them auction Danfo buses there ooo.

datola:
Hmmm... Do Nigerians need iron hand leadership? Yes!
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Eaglesence: 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
I cant purchase this kinda vehicle o, before curse go follow person
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Okhuadams(m): 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Stevolacious(m): 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Na wa o!

The pain in the heart of the former owners will be like, someone using "Gala-gala" hook to drag one's nose.

Thank God I don leave Lag for una, my cars can never be auctioned in a painful manner.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Babaken(m): 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
usagee36:
Shame on tinubu and sanewulu. Look at the dead cars they are auctioning.
exactly my point.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by frog12: 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
the cars don't look nice anyway. but lagosians are too unruly. this will make dem obey laws

toluodek:
You better don't buy cars in such condition. when the owner is crying and begging. Remember, whatever goes around, comes around
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by MemoriesAndMe: 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
lagosrd:
Very very parochial and barbaric style In a modern day Ina very chaotic and rowdy environment.

They end up selling the cars at ridiculously cheap prices, and will not allow any higher bidder to come in.

Why not tell the car owner to pay a fine of the same amount of auction.

Give them the right of first refusal before you turn them into rags.

They probably had that option and refused to pay - waiting for connections to get their cars out until time lapsed.
They
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided
. AND WHEN YOU SIT DOWN AT YOUR HOME WITHOUT GOING TO VOTE, OTHER ONREASONABLE PEOPLE WILL VOTE HIM HIM IN, AND HIS FOOT ARMY WILL END UP IMPOUNDING YOUR KEKE AND PUT IT OUT FOR AUCTION YOUR VOTE COUNT AND YOUR VOTE IS CAPABLE OF ELECTING IN A MIRE HEALTHY CREDIBLE LEADER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Big Joe Bus & Trailer In Accident After Okene, All Passengers Die (Graphic) / Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.