Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. (79068 Views)

Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co / Advise Needed On Marital Issue / Please Advise Me On This Marital Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by bonnyhope: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2022
This kind of story might not be real

Although marriages these days are breaking away
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by gimakon2(m): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
socialmediaman:
Ego, Self Centeredness, Disregard, Disrespect all combined! That's what's happening to your marriage. Your husband has had enough

I day tell you. Most of these Ladies , just be misbehaving as they like. It is well.
Imagine someone like my own girl telling me to my face that , "Romance without money is not sweet" This is someone who one way or the other incurred bills as regards school in benin rep, and i am offsetting it , got her passport , phones etc.

Sometimes, i wonder how women think. They are right in every shamborin they do.
Mxm...
Make the man day e day jare. Na man way sabi be that. Nonsense.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by mariahAngel(f): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
baba4thegehs:
You didn't tell us what exactly you want?

The op probably wants to know if the husband isn't taking things "too far".
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by fof1: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meteoritey:
Due to work, my husband and I live in states, and my husband lives in Canada. 3 months ago we had some serious skirmishes during our phone conversation and in the heat of the argument, I told him that he does not appreciate the fact that I am raising the kids and doing everything alone.

To my disappointment, he told me that he is overworked more than me. This really angered me. This got me angry and I hung up. Although He tried to reach me for 4 days, and also sent me some messages, I cut him off without replying, about 9 weeks later, I sent him just a message on an unrelated issue, he ignored my message, after another month, I sent him another message, he also ignored. It has been 3 months now we have not spoken to each other.

Recently my brother had a baby, and he only called once to congratulate them. Moreover my younger sister got admission to a university to study the same course that my husband studied, so naturally, my sister contacted him. My sister said he advised her on what to do and what she should expect. This was about 2 months ago. I personally did not inform him about my sister’s admission myself.

After about one month, my sister also called him for more information, but he has not been picking my sister’s call.

My sisters fiancee also called him to inform him about their upcoming marriage (my same sister that got the admission) he only spoke with my sister and her fiancee once, he stopped further communication with them on both issues of admission and marriage, and that he only spoke with them the first time about the admission and the marriage out of the respect he has for them.

He gave my sister the excuse that it was not proper, for him to speak with her fiancee' because he said that I have not told him anything about the marriage, therefore he can not relate further with my sister as per the marriage. And that it was out of respect that he even called my sister initially to advice her.

What are you thoughts and opinion please.

RUBBISH STORY. GO AND BUILD UR FAMILY. You started d Beef,Pls Respect ur Vows b4 God before u destroy the Family. Your Husband is getting more Distant from You.Take Note and Repair ur Home...
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Oyiboman69: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
Reminderz:
your husband was talking to you, you dey do strong head.. mehn if I was the guy, I might even do worse.. what kind of effrontery is that to hang up on him? abi you think say na your friend dey follow you talk... and he even brought down himself and tried contacting you, you still dey do strong head?

wetin dey worry these women sef? this is what happens when a woman who works and earns money feels she don arrive also and can do whatever she likes... lack of respect begins to creep in...

you better apologize to him and if possible contact those he knows he respects to help you talk to him...
this is the reason why taking women to abroad is a very big risk to man...this na d height of see finish....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Odaveboy(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
Op, please tell us the truth.....you have someone who is keeping you warm and that encourage you to disrespect your husband....9weeks?? Omo
It is obvious you are tired of the marriage,you are just playing to the gallery...End

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by MufasaLion: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
You ignored your husband for the period of 9 weeks? That's 2 months and 7 days. You deserve all he's dishing to you now.

In all that even happened, you were much interested in him not responding to your sister and her fiance. Damn!!!!

I would have filed for divorce in the first month of your stupid drama. The narcissist in me would never let me take you back. Nobody dare hurt my ego! Nobody!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by sogud(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
[quote author=Meteoritey post=117108306]Due to work, my husband and I live in states, and my husband lives in Canada. 3 months ago we had some serious skirmishes during our phone conversation and in the heat of the argument, I told him that he does not appreciate the fact that I am raising the kids and doing everything alone.

To my disappointment, he told me that he is overworked more than me. This really angered me. This got me angry and I hung up. Although He tried to reach me for 4 days, and also sent me some messages, I cut him off without replying, about 9 weeks later, I sent him just a message on an unrelated issue, he ignored my message, after another month, I sent him another message, he also ignored. It has been 3 months now we have not spoken to each other.

Recently my brother had a baby, and he only called once to congratulate them. Moreover my younger sister got admission to a university to study the same course that my husband studied, so naturally, my sister contacted him. My sister said he advised her on what to do and what she should expect. This was about 2 months ago. I personally did not inform him about my sister’s admission myself.

After about one month, my sister also called him for more information, but he has not been picking my sister’s call.

My sisters fiancee also called him to inform him about their upcoming marriage (my same sister that got the admission) he only spoke with my sister and her fiancee once, he stopped further communication with them on both issues of admission and marriage, and that he only spoke with them the first time about the admission and the marriage out of the respect he has for them.

He gave my sister the excuse that it was not proper, for him to speak with her fiancee' because he said that I have not told him anything about the marriage, therefore he can not relate further with my sister as per the marriage. And that it was out of respect that he even called my sister initially to advice her.

Madam u really bleeped up, see wat anger cause

Both of u re passing alot wit individual work, is not easy......I will blame u for not telling ur husband abt d ur sister marriage.......women re the builder of home, if ur marriage scatter, u re d cause.

Continue calling ur husband to apologise before he will end up looking at anoda woman, such attitude can mek a man cheat
Pls act fast

Remember both of u re not staying in d same place

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by DanieleLorenzo: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
I would've said the man supposed to have reengaged conversation being the more mature but, 9 weeks?
Sister move on already.
E don see one sweet mma ino for the Toronto wey go the cook am Edikang Ikong toppes up with better doggy. grin

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Maynman: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meteoritey:
Due to work, my husband and I live in states, and my husband lives in Canada. 3 months ago we had some serious skirmishes during our phone conversation and in the heat of the argument, I told him that he does not appreciate the fact that I am raising the kids and doing everything alone.

You forgot to add the man you were with during those 9 weeks, or you think your husband is dunce?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sureboyy:
It's a typical issue of "you go low, I go lower"
That woman na something else... Imagine not responding to her husband for 9 weeks (approx 2 months and 1 week)
The man wan do him own na... As they say first to do no dae pain, na second to do dae pain pass

nine weeks of silence in some people's mind it is like a break up/divorce... this woman is really not thinking straight. thats why i always say:"COMMUNICATION is the key to a better r/ship"

4 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by DryMouth: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
Acidosis:
The world does not revolve around you and your sister (family).

Over the past months, how many times have you called to speak to his family? Or...their lives don't matter?

And what is this game you people are playing sef? If I don't talk to my spouse in 2 weeks, then I'll naturally assume that the relationship is dead. You guys go months without talking and all that concerns you is your sister's fiance?

Are you in some kind of open marriage?
Me sef i taya.. That man is a very patient man. Imagine all the wife family dey call am untop irrelevant issues wey no concern the man.

4 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by ajayiopy: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meteoritey:

WHEREVER YOU FIND YOURSELF,ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU AN AFRICAN . OUR VALUES ARE INTACT.
I GAVE MY WIFE SAME TREATMENT SOMETIMES AROUND 2019,I DECIDED TO CUT OFF MY WIFE FOR 6-MONTHS BUT IN MY OWN CASE I CALL MY CHILDREN EVERY MORNING ON WHATSAPP,I PROVIDED ALL WHAT THEY NEEDED THROUGH THIER MOTHER.
BUT MIND YOU I WAS TRYING TO PROOF A POINT TO MY WIFE'S FAMILY AND IN MY CASE I DIDNT ENGAGE IN EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIRS INSTEAD I ENROLED FOR ONLINE MBA AND AT A POINT MY MOTHER CALLED ME TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM AND STATED HOW THEIR AMEBO WAS DAMAGING MY HOME AND I TOLD THEM TO BACK-OFF BEFORE I SEND THIER DAUGHER BACK TO THEM.
I ALSO MENTIONED TO THEM HOW I WAS TRYING TO CORRECT MY WIFE ON CERTAIN ATTITUDES AND HOW THIER NEGATIVE INFLUENCE ALMOST RUIN MY HOME.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by qtguru(m): 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
9 weeks omo no communication, na wa o marriage dey. shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Makinaki: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
Abeg can somebody check something for me, biko. Is 9 weeks not 2 months + ? I just wan check something.

3 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Justiceleague1: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meteoritey:

When you guys are in naija,you act humble and complain about govt. But when God bless you and you find yourself in a place like the States,you start creating problems yourselves by yourselves...
Well you gotta quickly call your hubby and apologize and you both have to be best friends again o and if you be really serious about your marriage ( I really doubt that),you better stop making comparisons with him. There's no problem if a woman is earning more than the man but when you bring it up,damm,you succeeded in dampening his spirit and men don't take that with a smile.

Now give me the japa connection,gracie

1 Like

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Kcfresh2103(m): 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
You ignored your husband's messages and calls for 2 months and a week (9 weeks). My question is : who was his substitute for these period?

3 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by lextube: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meteoritey:

It seems you are tired of your marriage. I mean from my end, that's how it looks like otherwise, I see no reason why you should cut all your relationship with your husband for NINE WEEKS. Haba, that's too much, and that's very harsh.

I'll suggest you make up with him, probably you pay him a visit and have a heart-to-heart talk with him if you are still interested in your marriage because as it is right now, your marriage is on the path to a divorce
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Jannyfranc: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
You are simply giving Devil key to your marriage,what if he has entangled himself in another relationship?Madam make out time,go and visit your Husband and make up with him except you are done with the marriage.
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by gimakon2(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
pocohantas:
You and your fellow malice people would learn the hard way.

Very hardened heart. Her type can frustrate someone. They can keep malice for 200 years even when they are dying inside and yearning for peace.

Aunty, Nothing like that. Women always think they can do what they like to a man. because say na man, he must tolerate. Una go forget say na human being too. Drop phone on the mans ear because of what? Na the highest nonsense be that aunty. Oga get every right to do what he is doing , someone like me , i go marry another woman invite her make she come do brides maid. She like nonsense, she go collect am wotoporously.

4 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meteoritey:

You even have the guts to share ur childish and selfish character to everyone. You simple deserve what you got

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by showafrica(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meteoritey:

You cut him off, he cut you off... 1 - 1 draw. So what is the problem again?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by jessylaurel(f): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meteoritey:

1. I can't imagine not talking to my husband for nine weeks. Haba
2. How many times do you want him to congratulate your brother that gave birth.
3. Your sister's fiancee has no right yet to call him since he's not part of the family yet. That's you and your parents/ sister part to tell your husband about the wedding.
4. Learn to appreciate each other.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Realists(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
asahnwaKC:
And he’s fine not hearing from his kids... what a man because two wrongs don’t make a right.

The kids will look for their Dad, when they grow up. Women have been using kids to black mail Father's since Genesis.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by jessylaurel(f): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
obiekunie01:
see how insulting and disrespectful you are to your husband.

anyways, prepare for your divorce ASAP cause your hubby is fed up of your shits!

he's got his life to live.

you women think without you guys we cannot breath!

This is not an advice mr man
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by Boss13: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

bro, a married couple should look at making sure that their family AND children is the most important thing in their lives... mummy and daddy not talking to one another (for months on end) is highly childish. i understand that the husband is repaying back his wife with her own medicine, but at the end of the day, only the family&kids will suffer.

sometimes women are very childish, irrational and emotionally incoherent, but you have to accept that this is how this gender is, and live with it. giving the silent treatment to your spouse is ok for a few days, but for weeks and/or months is very immature. sometimes you just have to be the bigger person in the room.

I would rather think this may not be the first time and the man wants his wife to grow up. How long would he continue to tolerate the disrespect. If she is not ready to be married, come forth. Please let's stop cutting slacks with these women. We only encourage them to continue in their bad behaviours.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by chigoizie7(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

bro, a married couple should look at making sure that their family AND children is the most important thing in their lives... mummy and daddy not talking to one another (for months on end) is highly childish. i understand that the husband is repaying back his wife with her own medicine, but at the end of the day, only the family&kids will suffer.

sometimes women are very childish, irrational and emotionally incoherent, but you have to accept that this is how this gender is, and live with it. giving the silent treatment to your spouse is ok for a few days, but for weeks and/or months is very immature. sometimes you just have to be the bigger person in the room.

Can you even listen to yourself? This man was disrespected by his wife, he became the bigger person despite the disrespect and then called, sent texts, sent voice messages for four whole days to sort things out, what did she do? Cut him off for a whole 9 weeks. You think that while 9weeks he wasn’t trying to reach to her or the kids? And then out of the blue, after 9weeks, she reached out to him over an unrelated matter, bro are you even listening to yourself? And all you could do is try to blame the guy for not being mature? Where is this world sense of equity and fairness? All the time people find means to blame men even on the mistakes of women. Bro men are human beings too with emotions too, he have lives to live too, they shouldn’t always be emotionally blackmailed or abused. They also have the same blood running through their veins. They also have the right to be angry too, they have the right to express their emotions too. Atleast this woman was the one that brought this her problem here, she is reading the responses from others. And instead of correcting her mistakes, help her find solutions to save the marriage she messed up, you are here talking rubbish. I pity men. Alternatively you are telling this woman that what she did was okay that the fault is from the husband for not being mature and man enough. Cut men some slacks, call a spade a spade. Tell the woman that she is wrong and she should find a way to fix it.

8 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by OKOATA(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
lawalosky:

Thesame problem I am presently having with my wife to be!

Thank God, I am not the person who started the issue, I have all my evidences just for the
day, it will explode
Guy no stress yourself marry that kain person, regard her as your ex already.
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by jessylaurel(f): 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2022
Acidosis:
The world does not revolve around you and your sister (family).

Over the past months, how many times have you called to speak to his family? Or...their lives don't matter?

And what is this game you people are playing sef? If I don't talk to my spouse in 2 weeks, then I'll naturally assume that the relationship is dead. You guys go months without talking and all that concerns you is your sister's fiance?

Are you in some kind of open marriage?

Like I don't even understand her at all. Blaming the poor man for not picking the sister's fiancee.

2 Likes

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by DigitalTrading2: 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2022
You better look for ways and apologize to your husband now!!!
Things are getting out of hand do the needful now!!!
Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by superCleanworks(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meteoritey:
Although He tried to reach me for 4 days, and also sent me some messages, I cut him off without replying, about 9 weeks later

i know you came here to read how people will bash your husband and call him imature and childish all because of your own handiwork. You came here to feel good.

you are so lucky. 9 weeks? that is 2 whole months plus extra.
I would ignore you till Jesus comes down from heaven to force me.
I would ignore you even when I see you under rain or hot sun.
You will just be like a kerosene stove to me even if you are Aisha Buhari.
You are so lucky

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Complex Marital Issue : Your Thoughts On This Please. by qtguru(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2022
OP has to be lying. Which couple goes without communication for 9 weeks without the man checking up on the children, even in the midst of fight, the man didn't check up on the kids. You didn't even worry that their Father didn't reach-out.

OP must be a man or a blog writer.

7 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding / When your maid becomes the madam. / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.