Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! (5458 Views)

Characteristics Of The Ideal Man / "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! / Ideal Man (for the women) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by chynwaa(f): 8:16am On Aug 19, 2011
Can someone tell me were to find this ideal man, even if he's not 100% perfect, but GOOD.

i believe they exit but to find them na wahala, may be not in nija,

grin grin
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by NatGas(m): 8:28am On Aug 19, 2011
No such thing.Just get someone good enough and follow from there on.I think this idea of Perfect woman/man does not only originated from movies or novels alone but some of our churches have mislead their congregations with the myth of partner perfection---they tell u to pray for the right one--- that God has destined someone for u and only that person can make u complete ---- bla bla bla--- but the truth is your happiness is in your hands.Choose to be happy with the one you love and he or she will "seem perfect"
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by BigMeat2: 9:01am On Aug 19, 2011
I don't believe that there is an ideal man or woman.

We all have our shortcomings, but with patience (unfortunately that word no longer exist in our dictionary) and careful understanding we can have a successful relationship. It's really hard work for everyone.
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by 4wardever(m): 9:20am On Aug 19, 2011
Tingles:

Even though there is no ideal partner, we should be patient enough to find someone very close to the girl/guy in our dreams, whose imperfections we could live with and whose shortcomings we could overlook. [/b]This is the new meaning of the word "ideal"

I quite agree with your statement and the bolder part but lemme add that while the other party can continually [b]LIVE WITH
and OVERLOOK those shortcomings, the offender should not take that as a LICENSE to keep offending and expecting that "The other person should understand that THAT'S JUST THE WAY I AM".  You would be taking your partner for granted and insulting his/her PATIENCE or ENDURANCE level if you cannot work on your shortcomings. Yes, you might say those shortcomings are what makes us WHO WE ARE, I say that to make progress in life and to avoid resentment and bitterness (which if allowed to heap long enough would explode like a nuclear bomb) whatever you do not want or would not tolerate from your spouse, do not display such. Simply DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD WANT THEM DO UNTO YOU,  Amen! cool
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by Olaisrich(m): 9:26am On Aug 19, 2011
There will be a lot of  ideal man\woman when everybody want to be one first!
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by Olaisrich(m): 9:29am On Aug 19, 2011
Funny enough! the worst person to live with will also be looking for an ideal person!
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by xkillz(m): 9:31am On Aug 19, 2011
NatGas:

No such thing.Just get someone good enough and follow from there on.I think this idea of Perfect woman/man does not only originated from movies or novels alone but some of our churches have mislead their congregations with the myth of partner perfection---they tell u to pray for the right one--- that God has destined someone for u and only that person can make u complete ---- bla bla bla--- but the truth is your happiness is in your hands.Choose to be happy with the one you love and he or she will "seem perfect"
Tell them if they would listen! undecided
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by donguutti: 9:48am On Aug 19, 2011
Blame it all on our media,books, society etc, whatever you see, hear or experience influences your perception, and ur perception influences ur reality,many people want to live their dream or their ideal life, so they seek the "ideal" partner, job, and other idealitic(pardon my english) things.But the problem is that you cant live ur dream/ideal life u can only dream it.

secondly the only ideal or perfect being is GOD, o instead of to find the ideal or perfect partner, we should be searching for the most complementary partner.
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by AliJames1(m): 9:57am On Aug 19, 2011
Correct philosophy dear !
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by ebonyvibe(f): 10:36am On Aug 19, 2011
Yes he does - he lives in number 17 Ajayi street in my home toww (Joke grin grin grin grin)

Yes he does as people are different and the ideal man for you wont be the ideal man for me.

You just need to find him
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by claremont(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2011
donguutti:

Blame it all on our media,books, society etc, whatever you see, hear or experience influences your perception, and your perception influences your reality,many people want to live their dream or their ideal life, so they seek the "ideal" partner, job, and other idealitic(pardon my english) things.But the problem is that you cant live your dream/ideal life u can only dream it.

secondly [size=13pt]the only ideal or perfect being is GOD[/size], o instead of to find the ideal or perfect partner, we should be searching for the most complementary partner.
Even the so-called "God" himself can't in any way be described as 'ideal' in the true sense of the word!
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by optimistD(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2011
An ideal partner is anybdy u can tolrate nd fit in wt. A gentle man migth b d ideal man 4u bcs u ar 2 stoborn. A quiet lady migt b ur ldeal partner bcz u tlk 2much. D ideal partner is smbdy 2complement ur shortcomings. IMO
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by optimistD(m): 11:30am On Aug 19, 2011
U cn turn dat persn än ldeal partner atimes if u try.
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by nsodo: 11:50am On Aug 19, 2011
Yes the do not exist Because this is not heaven were perfect being live and if by accident that person exists then he/she is misplaced because earth is for imperfect beings.
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by newguy1(m): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2011
im perfect in my own way cos i kw myself
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2011
[size=15pt]Whatever is Ideal is subject to an individual. However, placing too high expectations in someone is nothing but living an illusion.[/size]
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by ojuyobo111: 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2011
Who told they don't exist.

Go and watch tom and Jerry
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by mamacy: 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2011
@Claremont, May the God have mercy on your poor soul!! you might be doing well in your career, but remember you are nothing before the perfect God, I hope you dont realise this when its too late for you to make amendments,
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by Mynd44: 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2011
Perfection is a myth
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by sylve11: 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2011
sad cool
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by Princek12(m): 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2011
Ideal does not mean perfect. The ideal partner, in my opinion, does exist. It is that partner who satisfies the most important requirements in your checklist.
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by humili: 4:01pm On Aug 19, 2011
I agree largely that the ideal man or women do not exist. Human being create their own life and it is only how we deal with relationship that makes it worthwhile!

Just my two cents!
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by Thirst4Lif: 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2011
The Ideal man/woman does not exist. Fact!

Very true. That's why wedding vows read, "For better or worse."
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2011
Whatever is Ideal is subject to an individual. However, placing too high expectations in someone is nothing but living an illusion.

Word
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by Mynd44: 12:38am On Aug 20, 2011
No human was, is and can be perfect
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by tpia5: 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2011
Goes without saying.

Someone might be ideal for YOU, subjectively speaking.

And what you consider ideal could be a nightmare for someone else.

One size does not fit all.
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by lgboks(m): 7:20pm On Aug 20, 2011
bin there nd done dat.nw i am totaly into a chik who is stil searching 4 d ideal guy(rich,handsome,tall,caring,muscular, etc)jst lyk oda 9ja babes.let em kip searching 4 ideal nd perfect(xpirience is d best teacher).
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by Galaxy7: 12:29am On Aug 21, 2011
Looking for perfect sons /daughters of virgin AngelsROLL grin grin Keep searching till you found!!!!
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by Galaxy7: 12:42am On Aug 21, 2011
Well i was wrong,my sister is perfect but very ugly and she don old small
Re: The Ideal Man Or Woman Does Not Exist! by otiigba1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 21, 2011
what about me? i am perfect, NOT! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Boy Called Airforce 1 Really Ok Mentally? / [VIDEO] Check Out What I Did To A Thief That Stole From A Pretty Girl / I Still Can't Believe It. This Must Be A Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.