Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity (22936 Views)

Tinubu Was Right When He Said That He Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity(photo / Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Timmi: 6:49am On Oct 15, 2022
Majesty2:

https://punchng.com/i-turned-lagos-from-jungle-to-megacity-tinubu/

This man has a big mouth - he boasts too much. He will be surprised in this election
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by oladrogo(m): 6:49am On Oct 15, 2022
Some fellow on here are behaving like idiots sha, now I see most of people supporting this movement are just hell bent of making every one support their candidate by fire by force, obi will loose this election. What ever happened in some stupid African countries isn't happening here. When I read your comments it makes me feel bad. Obi will lose.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by zoroby(m): 6:49am On Oct 15, 2022
You turned formal Federal Capital of the giant of Africa to a mega city,how?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Cantonese: 6:53am On Oct 15, 2022
Lagos, a jungle when Tinubu became the governor? What a big fat lie.

He can only tell that yeye lie to small children. He can only tell that to his blind followers. All the areas and communities in Lagos today were existing many years before BAT became the governor. So how did he become a senator, representing a jungle?

That Ikorodu road that he partitioned to make his BRT lanes was rebuilt in 1974 by Capa _D'Aberto. The whole of Surulere, Aguda, Lawanson, Ijesha, Mushin existed many years ago and have never really changed. Ebute Metta, Yaba, Ilupeju, Maryland, Ikeja, Ketu, Alapere, Ikorodu environmentally, have remained the same since we knew them. He's compound near Femi Kuti's shrine was a go slow area and still remains till today. What about Ajegunle, Maroko, Okokomaiko, Satellite town? So this big deceiver wants to tell people like us that Festac town was a jungle? An entire area built and completed by Obasanjo, which was very beautiful, but damaged today? What about Lekki? An area that was developed by the late Raji Rasaki, following the destruction of Maroko? It was called Victoria Island extension. Ajah developed following that action in 1989. So Tinubu developed Badagry and Epe? What about Egbeda, Ikotun and their adjourning areas?

So Tinubu built Apapa, including the port? Tin can Island was built under the military regimes of Murtala Mohammed/Obasanjo/Mobolaji Johnson in 1977. The same government rebuilt Badagry expressway, starting from Eric Moore to Badagry. What about Oshodi expressway, starting from Apapa wharf to Oworonsoki to meet Seven up, Ketu and connect the third mainland bridge?

So Tinubu built the Oba's palace, Idumota, City Hall, Igbosere, Bamgbose, etc? So Martins street was a jungle, abi? Maryland, Ajao estate, airport road, Isolo and Ago/Okota were jungles? Oyinlola started asphalt on Ago palace road and ended in less than one kilometer, in 1995. That spot became a by stop known as end of tarred road. Marwa fixed that road completely. Oyinlola named a close after himself. It is called Oyinlola close, where his own mother lived.

Marwa chased the herdsmen away from Marine beach, Ajegunle to the present Oko Oba in 1997. Then cows were struggling with Lagosians on Lagos roads. It was Buba Marwa who sent then to the ranch when the cow owners could not stop their fights with tanker drivers. His ultimatum brought sanity to Lagos roads. If not for him, kids would grow up today seeing cows and dungs all over Lagos. Tinubu would not have had to liver to stop them, seeing his fraternization with the northerners to achieve his present emi lo kan ambition.

The present outer Marina was built by Obasanjo. Where you have the present UBA under Apongbon bridge, was UTC. From that point to the officers mess, was the lagoon throughout. Obasanjo reclaimed that land in 1978 and built the ferry station there. The present CMS ferry station was formerly in front on Joseph street. Was it Tinubu who removed the old iron made Eko bridge? How would Tinubu claim that he built the third mainland bridge. That bridge was part of the second national development plan and built under Obasanjo. What about all the Jakande housing estates, scattered all over Lagos? So baba Jakande did nothing.

What Tinubu did was formulate policies to make Lagos work better. The taxation plan was set in place when the revenue of Lagos was withheld by Obasanjo. The basis of the disagreement was his establishment of additional local governments to match Kano state. Tinubu the began that revenue drive.

We need Buba Marwa and Olagunsoye Oyinlola, who were governors before him to speak up, to disprove his blatant lies.

He can only tell his lies to the likes of Reno Omokri and small children on Nairaland.

Tinubu can only tell his fables to babies born between 1980 and 2000, who never knew Lagos.

We can give you the story of Lagos long before and after Tinubu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by southsouthking(m): 6:54am On Oct 15, 2022
Jakande comes to mind
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by nedekid: 6:55am On Oct 15, 2022
Slynation:
Ambode started and executed projects in his short tenure, we should give honour to whom honour is due...
Ambode did way better than Tinubu, fashola. A hundred times better, no comparison.
Most folks against him are apcs coded foot soldiers, ie lastma, vio, lawma contractors (ie apc stalwarts) etc. People amobode kicked out of the roads for extortion, seizing peoples vehicles etc instead of performing primary duties of handling traffic.
Ambode was the only one amongst Tinubu's gang that did not add to the debt of Lagos despite the mega projects he handled.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Ecosystem4u: 6:58am On Oct 15, 2022
Baba Emilokan is delusional, a city that housed the seat of government for years suddenly turned to a slum in 1999, and so you developed it. What's he drinking this time? Fermented Agabo?

#Let's Take Back Our Country.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by BigBashiru: 6:58am On Oct 15, 2022
GavelSlam:

Shatap.

At best you are 30 years old.

Which means you were 8 when Tinubu took over the reins and you have no clue what Lagos state was like.

Anyone telling you Lagos is comparable to Damascus is still living in the past.

People who have never been anywhere make assumptions until they see things for themselves.

Lagos has come a long way and this is in no small measure thanks to Tinubu and the successive government he helped to promote.

Don't mind those western ratings of countries that Africans stupidly believe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by juniorstar(m): 7:00am On Oct 15, 2022
What jakande did no other lagos state governor has been able to do.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Soso990240(m): 7:02am On Oct 15, 2022
Thief don come with another lie.. You turned a former FCT to a mega city? Same way you told us in 2015 during campaign that you will turn $1 to #1, that every unemployed youth will receive 30k monthly, end insecurity/Boko Haram/Shettima in 6 months, bring 24hrs electricity in 6 months, no medical trip abroad, etc.. you Tinubu were saying those words during campaign in 2015, which one did you achieve? Na the mumu and mugu youths wey de support una I de blame.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by olamike02: 7:02am On Oct 15, 2022
SEE HOW OBIIDIOTS WHO LEFT THEIR UNLIVEABLE ENCLAVES FOR LAGOS WITH NYLON BAG AS THEIR ONLY PROPERTY VENTING THEIR IGNORANCE.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by CheapHomes1: 7:03am On Oct 15, 2022
Ttalk:
Follow the person wey know road. Tinubu sabi im way, na im we go vote for

How does Tinubu Sabi the way?
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Kingspin(m): 7:03am On Oct 15, 2022
Fashola, Ambode, what are you people going to use for campaign since BAT did everything.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Bobloco: 7:03am On Oct 15, 2022
jaggabban:

And it became a place all motherfvcker flatheaders can't do without.

No; it is not a place all motherfvcker flatheaders can't do without
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by CheapHomes1: 7:03am On Oct 15, 2022
GavelSlam:

Shatap.

At best you are 30 years old.

Which means you were 8 when Tinubu took over the reins and you have no clue what Lagos state was like.

Anyone telling you Lagos is comparable to Damascus is still living in the past.

People who have never been anywhere make assumptions until they see things for themselves.

Lagos has come a long way and this is in no small measure thanks to Tinubu and the successive government he helped to promote.

You are right. Damascus is way better than Lagos
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Bobloco: 7:04am On Oct 15, 2022
Akeju16:

Tinubu is the man I will vote for.

I respect your decision
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Babaisha: 7:04am On Oct 15, 2022
It is sheer wickedness and mis-mangling of truth when propagandist twist data for their own personal gain.
NOTHING SPECIAL THAT TINUBU DID PUSHED LAGOS IGR, THEY ARE ALL EXTERNAL TRIGGERS

Could Tinubu list what changed in Lagos from 1999 - 2007 ?

I lived in Lagos Pre and Post Tinubu administration and I could share with you that very few upward changes happened comparing this with enormous resources available to the state.

I want to debunk some claims which is being peddled by this wicked propagandist.

Yes, Lagos IGR grew from 600m to 7B, what was Tinubu contribution to it, very little if any.
Lagos was positioned as commercial hub right before Tinubu entered into Politics.
1999 was a return to democracy and many investors trooped into the country to invest, guess where their cooperate offices always is, Lagos, not because of anything done post 1999 but because of its commercial central status pre-1999 with working ports etc.
The liberalization of telecommunication by Obasanjo led Federal Govt, which state did it favor most, It was Lagos, that policy brought in more than 120 direct multi-nationals companies and many many in-direct local companies into Lagos state.
Nigerians IT industry boomed during the bank consolidation era, springing up many foreign and local IT companies, Lagos was their base, same reason, it was the commercial hub with a vibrant sea and air port. Tinubu hand no dey here.
Gov. Soludo led CBN Bank Consolidation policy, which state did it favor most ? Lagos state, not because of any thing done by Tinubu from 1999 but because of the state status even before 1999.

Nigerians , let us not be fooled again, Lagos state could be administered by any average administration and Lagosians as a people did not see any special effect or improvement under Tinubu.
None of the Lagos IGR growth could be attributed to any magic of Tinubu's administration, the trigger indices were all external.
The boost or perpetual reference of Lagos IGR growth is akin to a traditional ruler in Kuje or Gwagwalada within the time of 1991 to 2000 boosting that his reign ushered in the highest population growth in the community, without aligning the population growth trigger to the relocation of the Nigeria's capital to FCT, Abuja and all its auxiliary ripple effect in terms of population growth.

Coming to the comment that " Lagos was a jungle before 1999 " when he took over, BAT is not being fair to administrators that led Lagos before him. I witnessed the Col. Marwa administration which introduced Operation Sweep and the tricycle we call Keke-Marwa today and did so many roads in Lagos. The state was greatly secured and working before BAT took over, anyone in Lagos then could bear me witness.
Tinubu inherited the most progressive state in the country under the military. The award Marwa got as a military administrator for 3years, Tinubu could not march in his 8years of administration. The area boys that were already routed off by "Operation Sweep", that gain was reverted by Tinubu and we are still battling with that menace. During Tinubu, OPC was a great issue in Lagos, they were so much lawlessness in Lagos under him. Do not argue with me, ask anyone that was living in Lagos then.

NIGERIANS , LET US ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS
IF IGR GREW UNDER TINUBU
WHAT OF LAGOS DEBT PROFILE, BOTH DOMESTIC AND EXTERNAL ?
COULD TINUBU SHARE WHAT HE USED ALL THE MONEY HE BORROWED TO DO
TINUBU AND HIS DEPUTY GOVERNORS WERE ALWAYS IN LOGGERHEADS, DOES THAT SHOW GOOD LEADERSHIP?
TINUBU HAS MOST OF HIS GREAT MEN RUNNING BUHARI ADMINISTRATION AND ALL FAILED WOEFULLY, DO WE WANT TO COMPENSATE FAILURE.
COULD TINUBU WITHSTAND THE RIGORS OF NIGERIAN's PRESIDENCY, LET US NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE AND SHOUT CABAL LATER

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by CheapHomes1: 7:05am On Oct 15, 2022
babtaima:
Some Nigerians want to de market Tinubu but it’s going to take a whole lot of extraordinary effort for Tinubu to lose this election… he has everything we need in a president , he has a strong portfolio… something Peter Obi lacks… Peter Obi was Governor of anambra yet nothing to show whereas Tinubu has LAGOS to show… Even if you vote other candidates Tinubu still wins let that sink in grin

What is the "strong portfolio" that Tinubu has?
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by bunminikan(m): 7:07am On Oct 15, 2022
How true can this be? Lagos was a former federal Capital and headquarters of everything.. E si beru Olo'un

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Soso990240(m): 7:10am On Oct 15, 2022
olamike02:
SEE HOW OBIIDIOTS WHO LEFT THEIR UNLIVEABLE ENCLAVES FOR LAGOS WITH NYLON BAG AS THEIR ONLY PROPERTY VENTING THEIR IGNORANCE.
Yes, most of them left for Lagos before Tinubu became Governor, most came to Lagos because Lagos as the Former FCT had more advantage than any other city in Nigeria. Kids like you thought Lagos started existing when Tinubu became Governor.. una no get brain?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Babaisha: 7:12am On Oct 15, 2022
jrusky:
Yes I hailed you for that sir sentiment apart you did well for been a governor with no help from Fed govt of obj and you did not bankrupt Lagos and your boys you put to succeeded you are the best performing governor in Nigeria till date, oga I must very frank with you have done well.

You have raised champions I all fields and discipline, uou have lifted up people destiny I salte you baba but their is one idiot who never help no one, extremely stingy, very greedy, lifted no one up, sitting on top of $200m wealth yet claimed not owned any business, tax evader, ipobist enemy of Nigeria sympathiser, smart thief who want to dodge everything and creep to Aso Rock with no testimonial, it shall never happen, another Buhari pro max shall never rise again second time in Nigeria, never.

That assertion is wrong sir.

The LCDA issue happened late 2005, just less than 3yrs to the expiration of his administration.
What was he able to achieve in the first 4years tenure?
You could visibly point at what Ambode did in 4years with very little borrowing when compared to Tinubu and Fashola.

No excuses for Tinubu administration, he only enriched himself and cronies and became a LORD with our collective wealth.

He has raised men, what are their contribution to the nation, his so called finest men are in Buhari administration
Yemi Osibanjo - Current VP Federal republic of Nigeria
Babatunde Fashola - Current Super Minister (Now Power Minister)
Babatunde Fowler - Former Chairman FIRS ( Was chased away on alleged fraud)
Lai Mohamed - Current Information Minister
Rauf Aregbesola - Current Interior Minister ( Jail break and passport scarcity is synonymous with his tenure )
Sunday Dare - Current Sports Minister
Ben Akabueze - DG Budgeting and Planning
and numerous others

Could you point at any of these offices that has been better or well ran.

You are talking about Peter Obi , he governed with Technocrats and most of them went back to their work after their regime. I live outside the country and politics here is a call to service, you serve and leave when the people move on. That is what it should be.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Cantonese: 7:12am On Oct 15, 2022
olamike02:

Shut that your ponmo like mouth.

Your ignorance stinks.

What you know nothing about, learn from others.

Most of you are not from Lagos State. Your parents, grand parents and great grand parents, even though they are Yorubas, relocated from the villages to Lagos in search of greener pastures, just like other citizens from other parts of the country. They came with nylon bags and their mode of transportation was bole kaja.

Your family houses were built with mud and still remain like that. Civilization has made you all forget where you came from or plan to make your villages better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Slynation(m): 7:15am On Oct 15, 2022
nedekid:

Ambode did way better than Tinubu, fashola. A hundred times better, no comparison.
Most folks against him are apcs coded foot soldiers, ie lastma, vio, lawma contractors (ie apc stalwarts) etc. People amobode kicked out of the roads for extortion, seizing peoples vehicles etc instead of performing primary duties of handling traffic.
Ambode was the only one amongst Tinubu's gang that did not add to the debt of Lagos despite the mega projects he handled.
I'm aware...!! Ambode was one of the most performing governor of his time, and it surprises me how lagosians followed herd mentality just because one self acclaimed Lagos Landlord said he doesn't want him, Ambode who should have applied sense by simply decamping to PDP and fight for his mandate gave up like a flaccid preeq and was retired and disgraced out of politics like a little child.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Diligence: 7:16am On Oct 15, 2022
Tinubu: The man whose legacy of Agberoism is devastating to Lagos and the future generations of SouthWestern Region...and indirect embezzlement in the name of pensions and gratuity for himself running into hundreds of millions of naira every year reeks of greed, avarice, covetousness and crass selfishness!

Take Back Your Country
VoteWisely
Don'tSitOnTheFence
CredibilityOverCriminality
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Funflipper: 7:18am On Oct 15, 2022
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by izubext007: 7:19am On Oct 15, 2022
That's true , tinubu is my next president.........

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by ruggedtimi(m): 7:20am On Oct 15, 2022
Hahaha
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Curious345: 7:22am On Oct 15, 2022
Yes you did from 1999-2007.. period.

Fashola did
Ambrose did
Sanwoluu is doing too
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Blackdisciple(m): 7:26am On Oct 15, 2022
Mega cities has roads oga
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Babaisha: 7:26am On Oct 15, 2022
PROPAGANDIST AT WORK

NIGERIANS, ONCE BITTEN , TWICE SHY
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Uchesis: 7:27am On Oct 15, 2022
Cantonese:
Lagos, a jungle when Tinubu became the governor? What a big fat lie.

He can only tell that yeye lie to small children. He can only tell that to his blind followers. All the areas and communities in Lagos today were existing many years before BAT became the governor. So how did he become a senator, representing a jungle?

That Ikorodu road that he partitioned to make his BRT lanes was rebuilt in 1974 by Capa _D'Aberto. The whole of Surulere, Aguda, Lawanson, Ijesha, Mushin existed many years ago and have never really changed. Ebute Metta, Yaba, Ilupeju, Maryland, Ikeja, Ketu, Alapere, Ikorodu environmentally, have remained the same since we knew them. He's compound near Femi Kuti's shrine was a go slow area and still remains till today. What about Ajegunle, Maroko, Okokomaiko, Satellite town? So this big deceiver wants to tell people like us that Festac town was a jungle? An entire area built and completed by Obasanjo, which was very beautiful, but damaged today? What about Lekki? An area that was developed by the late Raji Rasaki, following the destruction of Maroko? It was called Victoria Island extension. Ajah developed following that action in 1989. So Tinubu developed Badagry and Epe? What about Egbeda, Ikotun and their adjourning areas?

So Tinubu built the Oba's palace, Idumota, City Hall, Igbosere, Bamgbose, etc? So Martins street was a jungle, abi? Maryland, Ajao estate, airport road, Isolo and Ago/Okota were jungles? Oyinlola started asphalt on Ago palace road and ended in less than one kilometer, in 1995. That spot became a by stop known as end of tarred road. Marwa fixed that road completely. Oyinlola named a close after himself. It is called Oyinlola close, where his own mother lived.

Marwa chased the herdsmen away from Marine beach, Ajegunle to the present Oko Oba in 1997. Then cows were struggling with Lagosians on Lagos roads. It was Buba Marwa who sent then to the ranch when the cow owners could not stop their fights with tanker drivers. His ultimatum brought sanity to Lagos roads. If not for him, kids would grow up today seeing cows and dungs all over Lagos. Tinubu would not have had to liver to stop them, seeing his fraternization with the northerners to achieve his present emi lo kan ambition.

The present outer Marina was built by Obasanjo. Where you have the present UBA under Apongbon bridge, was UTC. From that point to the officers mess, was the lagoon throughout. Obasanjo reclaimed that land in 1978 and built the ferry station there. The present CMS ferry station was formerly in front on Joseph street. Was it Tinubu who removed the old iron made Eko bridge? How would Tinubu claim that he built the third mainland bridge. That bridge was part of the second national development plan and built under Obasanjo. What about all the Jakande housing estates, scattered all over Lagos? So baba Jakande did nothing.

What Tinubu did was formulate policies to make Lagos work better. The taxation plan was set in place when the revenue of Lagos was withheld by Obasanjo. The basis of the disagreement was his establishment of additional local governments to match Kano state. Tinubu the began that revenue drive.

We need Buba Marwa and Olagunsoye Oyinlola, who were governors before him to speak up, to disprove his blatant lies.

He can only tell his lies to the likes of Reno Omokri and small children on Nairaland.

Tinubu can only tell his fables to babies born between 1980 and 2000, who never knew Lagos.

We can give you the story of Lagos long before and after Tinubu
Bros you be true lagosian. I hail o. Let me add that during Marwa's time there was pipe borne water flowing in my compound in ajegunle. No single bore-hole dey lagos. Clean portable water was everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Brushstrokes20: 7:27am On Oct 15, 2022
Bullocks! undecided jakande, marwa, fashola, ambode are the bona-fide builders! undecided
URCHINS, self aggrandisement, muti taxing are your legacies undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tunji-ojo Orders Clearance Of 200,000 Passport Backlogs Within Two Weeks / Nigerian Currency (faces) / 26 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed As Army Thwart Attack On IDP Camp In Dikwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.