Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,488 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity (22940 Views)

Tinubu Was Right When He Said That He Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity(photo / Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Bobloco: 9:14am On Oct 15, 2022
Corporate2020:

Yet, everyday your brethren jump into Mallam Audu's trailer moving Cows from Adamawa through Biafra to Lagos

I pity you
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Okoroawusa: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2022
GavelSlam leave this thread....so many paid online bots have descended on it.

I am out but before I leave let me drop this here

I am voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu in February of 2023

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by EndsarsReloaded: 9:20am On Oct 15, 2022
Cantonese:
Lagos, a jungle when Tinubu became the governor? What a big fat lie.

He can only tell that yeye lie to small children. He can only tell that to his blind followers. All the areas and communities in Lagos today were existing many years before BAT became the governor. So how did he become a senator, representing a jungle?

That Ikorodu road that he partitioned to make his BRT lanes was rebuilt in 1974 by Capa _D'Aberto. The whole of Surulere, Aguda, Lawanson, Ijesha, Mushin existed many years ago and have never really changed. Ebute Metta, Yaba, Ilupeju, Maryland, Ikeja, Ketu, Alapere, Ikorodu environmentally, have remained the same since we knew them. He's compound near Femi Kuti's shrine was a go slow area and still remains till today. What about Ajegunle, Maroko, Okokomaiko, Satellite town? So this big deceiver wants to tell people like us that Festac town was a jungle? An entire area built and completed by Obasanjo, which was very beautiful, but damaged today? What about Lekki? An area that was developed by the late Raji Rasaki, following the destruction of Maroko? It was called Victoria Island extension. Ajah developed following that action in 1989. So Tinubu developed Badagry and Epe? What about Egbeda, Ikotun and their adjourning areas?

So Tinubu built Apapa, including the port? Tin can Island was built under the military regimes of Murtala Mohammed/Obasanjo/Mobolaji Johnson in 1977. The same government rebuilt Badagry expressway, starting from Eric Moore to Badagry. What about Oshodi expressway, starting from Apapa wharf to Oworonsoki to meet Seven up, Ketu and connect the third mainland bridge?

So Tinubu built the Oba's palace, Idumota, City Hall, Igbosere, Bamgbose, etc? So Martins street was a jungle, abi? Maryland, Ajao estate, airport road, Isolo and Ago/Okota were jungles? Oyinlola started asphalt on Ago palace road and ended in less than one kilometer, in 1995. That spot became a by stop known as end of tarred road. Marwa fixed that road completely. Oyinlola named a close after himself. It is called Oyinlola close, where his own mother lived.

Marwa chased the herdsmen away from Marine beach, Ajegunle to the present Oko Oba in 1997. Then cows were struggling with Lagosians on Lagos roads. It was Buba Marwa who sent then to the ranch when the cow owners could not stop their fights with tanker drivers. His ultimatum brought sanity to Lagos roads. If not for him, kids would grow up today seeing cows and dungs all over Lagos. Tinubu would not have had to liver to stop them, seeing his fraternization with the northerners to achieve his present emi lo kan ambition.

The present outer Marina was built by Obasanjo. Where you have the present UBA under Apongbon bridge, was UTC. From that point to the officers mess, was the lagoon throughout. Obasanjo reclaimed that land in 1978 and built the ferry station there. The present CMS ferry station was formerly in front on Joseph street. Was it Tinubu who removed the old iron made Eko bridge? How would Tinubu claim that he built the third mainland bridge. That bridge was part of the second national development plan and built under Obasanjo. What about all the Jakande housing estates, scattered all over Lagos? So baba Jakande did nothing.

What Tinubu did was formulate policies to make Lagos work better. The taxation plan was set in place when the revenue of Lagos was withheld by Obasanjo. The basis of the disagreement was his establishment of additional local governments to match Kano state. Tinubu the began that revenue drive.

We need Buba Marwa and Olagunsoye Oyinlola, who were governors before him to speak up, to disprove his blatant lies.

He can only tell his lies to the likes of Reno Omokri and small children on Nairaland.

Tinubu can only tell his fables to babies born between 1980 and 2000, who never knew Lagos.

We can give you the story of Lagos long before and after Tinubu

Bravo!
Bravo!!
Bravo!!!

Anyone reading indepth analysis would know that this man is not just honest but also old enough to know Lagos of the olden days.

I salute you sir and everyone countering Tinubu's desperate lies.

Tinubu only increased Lagos tax base and channeled it to his bullion vans.

Tinubu, you can lie all you want but Nigerians know the truth. You're too sick, old and criminal minded to rule Nigeria, especially now everything is in disarray.

Going from Buhari to Tinubu will be like going from frying pan to fire.

God forbid BAT thing!!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Corporate2020: 9:21am On Oct 15, 2022
donaldking100:

It's funny how foolish, ignorant & myopic urchins say that Lagos State which was the former capital of Nigeria for almost 80 years was built by Tinubu.
So, if for example the capital of Nigeria is moved from Abuja to Rivers state, & Tinubu becomes the governor of Abuja tomorrow, would the foolish urchins also say he built Abuja?
It's really difficult supporting Tinubu without sounding foolish.

First Capital was Lokoja, later it was moved to Calabar, and then Lagos, and finally Abuja.

Tell us how developed Lokoja and Calabar are today
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by EndsarsReloaded: 9:22am On Oct 15, 2022
Okoroawusa:
GavelSlam leave this thread....so many boys has descended on it.

I am out but before I leave let me drop this here

I am voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu in February of 2023

Of course, you're beating a retreat because you guys never expected this kind of brutal come back from Nigerians cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigerian youths dey nkoro with stones dey wait for Tinubu grin grin grin

May the door hit your head on your way out grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Atarachi1: 9:25am On Oct 15, 2022
Excusee me...wait oooo is it not the Lagos that was a former capital territory that this man talking about...
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by EndsarsReloaded: 9:27am On Oct 15, 2022
Corporate2020:

First Capital was Lokoja, later it was moved to Calabar, and then Lagos, and finally Abuja.

Tell us how developed Lokoja and Calabar are today

Lies!
Lies!!
Lies!!!

Lokoja was only provincial capital in the North while Calabar was capital for Southern protectorates that comprised only the present SE and SS!

When North and South protectorates was merged in 1914, Lagos automatically became our capital and remained so until 1993. That's a whopping 79 years!!!

It's either you're ignorant or just mischievous.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by ComeToJesus: 9:27am On Oct 15, 2022
A rare picture of the Lagos 3rd Mainland Bridge before Asiwaju rebuilt it to the present one.

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Ubanz: 9:28am On Oct 15, 2022
Na you even create Lagos.
You can deceive people born in the 2000's but not me.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Lachynos2k2(m): 9:29am On Oct 15, 2022
Tinubu the jagaban of all the agbado urchins built the third mainland bridge from the scratch in less than one week. Go and verify (from agbado urchins). grin grin
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by sweetman2022: 9:29am On Oct 15, 2022
Tinubu never turned Lagos to mega city. He did his part and others played their part too. However he has no business seating at the helm of affairs of this nation at this stage of his life. He is not fit mentally, physically, health-wise and psychologically. How then can such a man rule this huge nation. Some of you are just supporting him for sentimental reasons, not because you actually believe he is capable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by noblemuk: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2022
Ozinlex:
Tinubu can lie!...same Lagos I from attending Army Children School in Yaba off Morocco road, to St Finbarrs College in Akoka and the Yaba college of Technology in the 70s,80s to early 90s when Babangida was still in Dodan Barracks na him this man dey blow such lie.

The Ports sea and Air were already there, beaches, Theatres, most of the Oil Coys and big Banks...I beg shut the f.uck off and go rest with this repeated lies

Truely, you grew up In Lagos. However, none of the schools you mentioned above were state schools. in-fact, if you didn't attend a Federal or missionary owned school in Lagos...you are almost doomed. You may want to answer the questions? What happens to garbage from your house at the time, without carrying on your head to dump by the roads side almost half a kilometer away? what Cinemas were functional at the time? How did you get around long distances in Lagos without the terrible 911 (Molue) buses? Victoria Island was predominantly residential, Even the entire Lekki as you see it now was a large swamp and mash land. Give the man some respect. He has paid his dues and does have bragging rights...there's no one like him in this era of Nigerian politicians

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by intruder15(m): 9:36am On Oct 15, 2022
jazon:
Jungle kor. Na desert grin

Capital desert. Lol
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by ComeToJesus: 9:45am On Oct 15, 2022
Cantonese:

He can only tell that yeye lie to small children. He can only tell that to his blind followers. All the areas and communities in Lagos today were existing many years before BAT became the governor. So how did he become a senator, representing a jungle?

That Ikorodu road that he partitioned to make his BRT lanes was rebuilt in 1974 by Capa _D'Aberto. The whole of Surulere, Aguda, Lawanson, Ijesha, Mushin existed many years ago and have never really changed. Ebute Metta, Yaba, Ilupeju, Maryland, Ikeja, Ketu, Alapere, Ikorodu environmentally, have remained the same since we knew them. He's compound near Femi Kuti's shrine was a go slow area and still remains till today. What about Ajegunle, Maroko, Okokomaiko, Satellite town? So this big deceiver wants to tell people like us that Festac town was a jungle? An entire area built and completed by Obasanjo, which was very beautiful, but damaged today? What about Lekki? An area that was developed by the late Raji Rasaki, following the destruction of Maroko? It was called Victoria Island extension. Ajah developed following that action in 1989. So Tinubu developed Badagry and Epe? What about Egbeda, Ikotun and their adjourning areas?

So Tinubu built Apapa, including the port? Tin can Island was built under the military regimes of Murtala Mohammed/Obasanjo/Mobolaji Johnson in 1977. The same government rebuilt Badagry expressway, starting from Eric Moore to Badagry. What about Oshodi expressway, starting from Apapa wharf to Oworonsoki to meet Seven up, Ketu and connect the third mainland bridge?

So Tinubu built the Oba's palace, Idumota, City Hall, Igbosere, Bamgbose, etc? So Martins street was a jungle, abi? Maryland, Ajao estate, airport road, Isolo and Ago/Okota were jungles? Oyinlola started asphalt on Ago palace road and ended in less than one kilometer, in 1995. That spot became a by stop known as end of tarred road. Marwa fixed that road completely. Oyinlola named a close after himself. It is called Oyinlola close, where his own mother lived.

Marwa chased the herdsmen away from Marine beach, Ajegunle to the present Oko Oba in 1997. Then cows were struggling with Lagosians on Lagos roads. It was Buba Marwa who sent then to the ranch when the cow owners could not stop their fights with tanker drivers. His ultimatum brought sanity to Lagos roads. If not for him, kids would grow up today seeing cows and dungs all over Lagos. Tinubu would not have had to liver to stop them, seeing his fraternization with the northerners to achieve his present emi lo kan ambition.

The present outer Marina was built by Obasanjo. Where you have the present UBA under Apongbon bridge, was UTC. From that point to the officers mess, was the lagoon throughout. Obasanjo reclaimed that land in 1978 and built the ferry station there. The present CMS ferry station was formerly in front on Joseph street. Was it Tinubu who removed the old iron made Eko bridge? How would Tinubu claim that he built the third mainland bridge. That bridge was part of the second national development plan and built under Obasanjo. What about all the Jakande housing estates, scattered all over Lagos? So baba Jakande did nothing.

What Tinubu did was formulate policies to make Lagos work better. The taxation plan was set in place when the revenue of Lagos was withheld by Obasanjo. The basis of the disagreement was his establishment of additional local governments to match Kano state. Tinubu the began that revenue drive.

We need Buba Marwa and Olagunsoye Oyinlola, who were governors before him to speak up, to disprove his blatant lies.

He can only tell his lies to the likes of Reno Omokri and small children on Nairaland.

Tinubu can only tell his fables to babies born between 1980 and 2000, who never knew Lagos.

Respect!

Till today, no one Governor has matched Jakande's developmental strides especially in the area of housing. A former federal capital that hosted international events like Festac 77, someone is claiming to have discovered it.

It's the same way Mungo Park claimed to have discovered a pre existing River Niger that had fishermen fishing on it for years before he was born and took the credit and is still being documented in history books around the world as the man who discovered River Niger.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Ferrarilord: 9:46am On Oct 15, 2022
jazon:
Jungle kor. Na desert grin
Sahara ni grin
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Musauzor(m): 9:48am On Oct 15, 2022
Did BATstard Bola Tribulation say this by himself or was he quoted? Please, Mr Bola BATstard come over to Seun's Politics Today on Channels Tv and talk to us. Tinubu, you are a great liar and deceiver
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Skyprecise(m): 9:48am On Oct 15, 2022
See thief that has been enslave Lagos. Make God punish u. Agbado man
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by ChukwuObe: 9:51am On Oct 15, 2022
Bobloco:
And yet, Lagos became second most unliveable city in the world after Damascus the capital of war thorne Syria

Now I know many people are fools. So the same unliveable city is your family are trooping to everyday from the East and you are not ashamed? Why should I live in a city I consider unliveable when Anambra that Obi has turned to Dubai is there? Some people are shameless sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by SonofmanPikin: 9:52am On Oct 15, 2022
Brigadier Buba Marwa, the former military governor of Lagos State before Tinubu came performed better than Tinubu. There was no way Tinubu would not have performed less than he did because Buba Marwa led the foundation and involved the people.

The Direct labour Agency of Marwa was constructing roads all over the state with direct labour but Tinubu drop it because he could not make money from it. Instead, he started using contractors.

In housing Marwa performed better than Tinubu.
How can Lagos be a jungle? So Tinubu is now in agreement with Nnamdi Kanu that Nigeria is a zoo. Even before Tinubu came, Lagos was the most developed state in Nigeria and it was a jungle.
Why can't Tinubu say the truth for once.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by codemaniacs: 9:56am On Oct 15, 2022
Cantonese:

Tinubu built and reconstructed Itire road, Ijaye road. A lot roads in Lagos were mud roads and sandy roads or roads filled with deep pot holes..

Tinubu created BRT which Fashola completed, LAWMA, LASMA, RRS, Hydro power plant and LASUTH remodernization, EKO ATLANTICS, Alpha beta, lekki toll gate and creation of more local govts which created more jobs and employment especially for Yoruba people..

Like you said Tinubu began a revenue drive that makes Lagos work better.. the same way parents work to make the lives of their children better than what they had when they were children..

Would Lagos have been able to maintain the infrastructure it had on a N600m monthly IGR and even build more infrastructure, before Tinubu started the revenue drive

your parents wealth and your own wealth between 1974 and 2022 did it remain the same grin grin grin

can you survive on the same income you earned in 1974 and use that same income to survive in 2022 grin grin grin

did your salary between 1974 and 2022 remain the same cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by kingyakos: 10:00am On Oct 15, 2022
U turned the former FCT from jungle to mega city. Even a fool won't believe this.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by kingyakos: 10:05am On Oct 15, 2022
Lagos State was void and without form and Tinubu speak Lagos State into existence grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Enumerator(m): 10:12am On Oct 15, 2022
cheesy
Slynation:
This annoying old preeq should just rest already, As if the Lagos of then he was talking about wasn't the Lagos I knew...

Using Fashola and Ambode's legacy to campaign can only get him the President of Lagos state... cheesy
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Heavance(m): 10:14am On Oct 15, 2022
Out of desperation, IBB is not even given credit for third mainland bridge at all.
People even put Jakande extensive work in a locked shop, even Buba Marwa was kept aside.. Its just Tinubu Tinubu, na wa o.
Na real wa.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Basicend: 10:16am On Oct 15, 2022
What a very poor, ignorant, unintelligent, foolish, irritating and arrogant statement from a sick man.

What is wrong with this frogged eyed man?

What nonsense. Is he the one created or established Lagos?

He spent only 8 years as Governor and that's it. So annoying. .

Nigerians need to teach this clown a lesson.
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by jazon(m): 10:17am On Oct 15, 2022
HighTableVoice:

Ko de ni dafun e
All your life works will be a waste when its time for you to reap it
Oloriburuku

grin grin but you know he's lying nah. Why are you cursing me? grin
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by shegoon: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2022
Very inconsequential decision! Lagos structure and plan was already there before tinubu, in fact there is no governor of lagos that never performed(jakande, marwa, oyinlola, Raji rasaki, etc) . I used to tell a friend then, bring Alao akala to lagos and see if he wont perform because the revenue and structure is there, no rural area developments in lagos because this had been taken care of when Lagos was still federal capital unlike other states that need huge amounts of funds for rural development. The claimed that he raised the lagos IGR, are u saying the IGR is still the same he left it... ABEG LET BABA REST
donaldking100:

It's funny how foolish, ignorant & myopic urchins say that Lagos State which was the former capital of Nigeria for almost 80 years was built by Tinubu.
So, if for example the capital of Nigeria is moved from Abuja to Rivers state, & Tinubu becomes the governor of Abuja tomorrow, would the foolish urchins also say he built Abuja?
It's really difficult supporting Tinubu without sounding foolish.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Msmither: 10:20am On Oct 15, 2022
Same Lagos that was once the capital of Nigeria?
Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by wirinet(m): 10:22am On Oct 15, 2022
noblemuk:

You may want to answer the questions? What happens to garbage from your house at the time, without carrying on your head to dump by the roads side almost half a kilometer away?
I lived on V/I for 20 years and Ikoyi for 7 years. At no time did we carry garbage on our heads and dump by the roads side almost half a kilometer away. The Garbage collectors were late most times and garbage would pile up, but they were were operational. Tinubu did not introduce garbage trucks to Lagos.

what Cinemas were functional at the time?
There were cinemas all over Lagos from 70s to 80s. I used to go to National Theatre and the Cinema on Moloney late 70s. In fact then there were Cinemas all over Lagos, Ibadan, Warri and and Benin.

It was the advent of VHS players that killed Cinemas. It was Silverbird Entertainment that brought a resurgence of Cinemas and not Tinubu.

How did you get around long distances in Lagos without the terrible 911 (Molue) buses?
[quote]
Yes molue was the predominant mass transport means at that time due to its cheapness. But transportation has advanced with better and more advanced buses. You can not even get a 911 Mercedes bus to buy today.

[quote]
Victoria Island was predominantly residential, Even the entire Lekki as you see it now was a large swamp and mash land.
Yes V/I was predominantly residential for Federal government workers before Capital was moved to Abuja. After the capital was moved and government parastatals was moved to Abuja, most of the houses were sold to individuals and companies.

Lekki development started with Jakande, who opened up the Lekki-Epe corridor. Iekki phase 1 was developed way Tinubu. Maroko was demolished and converted to Oniru Estate well before Tinubu. VGC was developed way before Tinubu. So it is safe to say that the Lekki Epe corridor was an ongoing development started by Jakande and continued by subsequent governors including Tinubu. But to assign the whole development to Tinubu is disingenuous.

Give the man some respect. He has paid his dues and does have bragging rights...there's no one like him in this era of Nigerian politicians

Also give other governors their dues - ie Jakande, Marwa, Raji Rasaki, Fashola and Ambode.

Tinubu main strengths is he knows how to manipulate the political system to put his cronies and family in power. Same as Ibori. If Ibori had hounded by Jonathan not been jailed, he would have had an iron grip of delta politics, even more than Tinubu in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Turned Lagos From Jungle To Megacity by Bobloco: 10:25am On Oct 15, 2022
ChukwuObe:

Now I know many people are fools. So the same unliveable city is your family are trooping to everyday from the East and you are not ashamed? Why should I live in a city I consider unliveable when Anambra that Obi has turned to Dubai is there? Some people are shameless sha

Google it bro

Lagos is the second most unliveable city in the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senator Adeola Wins Ogun West Senatorial Seat / Adams Oshiomhole Visits President-elect Bola Tinubu(video) / Did Audu Ogbeh Lie About The Collapse Of Thailand's Rice Mills?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.