Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? (44475 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Teel012(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2022
Bro, first, how old are you??
Second, how is it your life??
You're the one who needs to focus more on your life, do you know the experiences she has had without you knowing?? She supports you financially,probably your whole family sef.
Thirdly, you want to get physical with her As how na?? Minus the fact that you want to bite the hand that feeds you, she has made something out of her life, what have you achieved to give you the right to even talk sef??
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2022
You've just said it or you mean in Chinese language?
#¥£¥¥ ##¥€ ¥€ #¢€€£¥¥
That's how...
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by sorepco(m): 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
You must be a joker thinking you can go physical with her. Even if your father was around he could not go physical on her. You do that 2 things will surely happen...
She might press charges against you for assault or you strain your relationship. Who go de help you and pampering you?

I blame your sister for spoiling you with money for you to now outgrow yourself to challenge her.

Mr man call your sister and talk to her gently. Ask her why she no keen to marry. Maybe she has been dealt with or disappointed by some sharp guys in the past. What if she starts going physical on you for not being successful at your age?

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.[/quote]
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by chinex11(m): 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.
Its none of your business leave her alone. she is already aware and sad about this
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by ukaface(f): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2022
bisqit:
will you marry
it's not a do or die thing for me, if it happens good, if it doesn't good too.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Kirchoffs: 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

All my ancestors both male and female got married. It won't be in my time that either me or any of my siblings will not marry
One of the craziest person here on NL, I wish I knew you in real life , you fo Don collect cos you talk like a f00l
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by hardon1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2022
Be there drinking panadol on another woman's headache. So because she is of age she should just accept any man that come her way abi.

Anyway, I believe you ar still a kid. E go reach your turn
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by AnthonyAk(m): 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
Op definitely still lives at home
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Plm11: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2022
Just tell her
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Faithfulness88: 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2022
Pray for her and discuss the marriage issue with her.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Kewtt: 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

Mind your business. Don't hustle her just pray for her
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Oyerinde16(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2022
U will teach her a lesson and go physical... U will sleep in cell... U no get sense...

Don't ever mess with people that have money, they will teach you a lesson you will never forget.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by madridguy(m): 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2022
grin grin grin I want to do mathna

fatymore:
haaaaa….so this is what you do
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Starships4u(m): 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

You are very stupid!
Is marriage an achievement

Pls get physical with her nd let me hear it...
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Emdebby2: 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2022
This is how you will put pressure on her then she fall into the wrong hand. Later it will result to domestic violence. Oga mind your business and leave her alone. She will get married when she's ready. Age is not a factor.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by yemmywesey(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2022
bisqit:
what were you doing all this years?

Hustling, now that I still have the strength.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2022
ukaface:
it's not a do or die thing for me, if it happens good, if it doesn't good too.
lol. You are scared. Mummy is pressuring you. I can see it
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by FireUpNow(m): 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2022
Has she tasted a nice dick before? Don't worry maybe she is building a solid wall around her heart because of past heartbreaks. Calm down
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2022
yemmywesey:

Hustling, now that I still have the strength.
fùck one girl and plant your seed. No time to waste time
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by premierlead: 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2022
post=117589065:

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by GboyegaD(m): 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2022
Echoban:

Fact is marriage bothers everyone, a normal human who has blood and water flowing in their body just that getting ur complete spec is a problem. The. Their should be a reorientation that the chances of seeing ur spec is 50:50% , but life must move on. One can't hold down that part of life in the name of not seeing 100% spec. Some just get into it, get kid continue or move out. But at least reproduce, create ur own self that LL take after u.

There are some things u dont joke abt, things that u can't reverse, a lady ovary get depleted starting from age 35-40 , once they get to that stage, that is wen they may now come to the new knowledge abt life and eventually choose to go for marriage then but damn, what abt the ovary that can't reproduce again?? Most of them now wait for IVF with Ovum that's not theirs. cry
If she won't marry, let her sign agreement that she's fully aware of her consequences and won't emotional disturb anybody abt her lonely u reproductive life in future.

She should get a man and confide with him abeg. Nobody has it all in life.

Though I'm sure she's thinking abt it just that she's trying to feel unbothered in disguise

Your thoughts are funny. Anyways, marriage is a choice each individual should decide if s/he wants and when s/he wants to get into it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2022
folake4u:
This Op is a small minded individual. Mind your business for God's sake!!! Cho cho cho undecided

She's even supporting you financially and all, yet you want to dictate Marriage on her.
Instead make you pray that she finds a good man that will marry her.

Focus on yourself dear Op and let your elder sister find happiness in whatever she wants to do.

Yeye dey smell. angry
you, when are you getting married and be responsible?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Dmores: 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2022
Thirty one? and you're bothering her, please don't push her, why the rush now,just 31,she's still fresh now
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Badgers14: 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Honestly guys, I am tired. [s]And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons [/s]. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

Don't be stupid!!! What are you trying to convey sef angry angry

You deserve 100 strokes of good leather belt yourself.

You better mind your business and leave your sister alone to live her life.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Bahamas95(m): 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2022
This OP must be a very stupid boy!
You wan change am for your elder sister because she never marry? I wish I could punch your face now.

She's not a baby, besides marriage is not by force.......Where is it written in the constitution that a citizen must get married? Nonsense!
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Toks2008(m): 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Busy body, her choice, her life.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by treatise: 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2022
Be telling her "good morning Ma" every morning
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Crenzywilliams(m): 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

I really don't get you dude, so because she's 32 and not married you wan change things for her and go physical with your elder sister? Guy use ur head o. Make she go market go bring man come house abi; you think becos she doesn't talk about it, she's not affected by it. Guy carry your own cross and allow her carry her own.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Oracleforce: 4:57pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

I.have no doubt...your sister is from the Yeast....pls region that money matters so much....Just give her my number....I may be her suitor....and that will be good for you and your family....

My number is 08033356348
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Irisade: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2022
Just drink water and mind your business. She knows.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by mzTarsh(f): 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2022
Marriage is s overrated we wey dey the marriage sef wish say we dey single

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / My Brother's Girlfriend Has Finally Charmed Him, Help Me Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.