Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? (44374 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by TheDictatorNd: 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2022
Marriage is not everything
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Streett: 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2022
Since when “Travelling Abroad” Plans be bla bla bla ..

If You force this same sister into marriage now and the hubby beat her to death , How You wan take dey sleep for Night self ?

More premium wotowoto to You in advance on This Thread

Nairaland , I hail una HD savagery

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Froshloaded: 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
Are you mad
Don't try to go physical!!!
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

go physical on her

you have my permission
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Helpout12345: 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
bisqit:
but most will argue its becos of old age?

That can be true for people marriage is meant for.

For example some people are so irresponsible to be married. Their marriages will mostly likely end in divorce or produce dysfunctional children.

Such people will not even be able to manage their marriages till old age.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

I mean, the very guts of him!

I wonder why no one was telling him he has taken leave of his senses.

What da freaking hell is that last paragraph?

It's really appalling. This guy is mentally unstable and sees violence as medium of communication. I pity his partner. He's the typical "Alfa male."

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by micflo28(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2022
Get a man for her. Find a friend of yours who likes her alot and link them up. Grant him free access to see your sister but tell him he must be willing to marry her. Most women today are scared of marriage because of how men treated them in the past.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2022
Let me get this straight
1. Your sister still gives you money
2. This person in question is your Elder
3. You want to beat your Elder Sister
4. How old are you ? Are you married with kids?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by cedricksly: 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.
mind your business and do not be an unfortunate person, idiot!!!
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MARX77(m): 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

You will go physical with her? See this one when still de collect money from e elder sister wan go physical with her. Big baby. I'm very sure you still leave with your parents. Man, go stand on your two feet before you talk about being physical with who feeds you. Ungrateful lot

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by merits(m): 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

"Paddle your own canoe" I rest my case.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Googledotcom: 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2022
Op mind your fvcking business

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2022
I was about to say that you are mad for wanting to go physical with her and then I remembered that today is Sunday

Have you asked her why she is hesistant to marry?.

Is she happy?

Healthy?

Then stop playing god and face your warrant, busy body evil junior brother

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Geenosko: 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2022
Mind your damn business

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by highchief1: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

it’s only bad character that will make a woman pass 25 and stl be single.Ots only waywardness that will make a man pass 30 and stl be single.if I’m a man I won’t marry any woman Above 25 it’s always a bad product.if I’m a woman I will not Marry any man above 25 it’s always a bad product.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by fatymore(f): 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2022
madridguy:
Since she has a good job with flourishing side business can you dm her number tongue
haaaaa
.so this is what you do
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bizzibodi(m): 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2022
May be she has not seen "a God-fearing MAN"send her to me for counseling.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2022
MufasaLion:

It's really appalling. This guy is mentally unstable and sees violence as medium of communication. I pity his partner. He's the typical "Alfa male."

Alpha male with no sense. angry
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by greggng: 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

You are very stupid ..you wanna go physical with your elder sister? Do you even have respect? That she is not married shouldn't be your headache inasmuch as she is not Liability to you and the family .she is even supportive...how about if she doesn't have a job and not married '? That means you go use cain chase her away ...you need to grow up ..she will marry when God says she will .marriage is not for everyone ...she may marry and divorce and still come back to that house
All you need to do is to support her with prayers ..everything will fall in place .
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nekky5(f): 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2022
It is only your sister that knows how hurting she is being single at this age. Meanwhile, who sets time for anybody or who determines how life is navigated for anyone except God? You have no right whatsoever because your own life is not in your hands. She is old enough to choose what she wants for herself. There might be alot she is going through but wouldn't want to share with you due to your attitude towards her. She is being careful not to bring in a man that she and the entire family would regret afterwards. Please be careful how you go about her marital status before you push her into a pit you all will fall into. Channel this energy into becoming a better version of yourself while praying for her always.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Saao(m): 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2022
madridguy:
Since she has a good job with flourishing side business can you dm her number tongue
op let her avoid this kind guy.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MufasaLion: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

Alpha male with no sense. angry

I can't agree less.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Advantaged: 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2022
So if she was younger than you, you would have gone physical on her? That's too bad. Marriage is good but you can't force her. Besides, she may be very concerned about it. You do not know her reason for
not taking them seriously as you claim.

If you are so concerned, talk to her about it and let her be
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Treasuredvessel: 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Change it for her as who,you want her to be depressed because she's not married right? How is her being unmarried your problem, I hope you have something good going on with your life instead of worrying about someone that's obviously doing better than you.I can imagine my younger brother bringing up such nonsense topic with me.Im so vexed reading this,mtchewww.Man my foot
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by InvertedHammer: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

/

Send her an old newspaper as a birthday gift next time.

/
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by IamMobisola(f): 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

See this slowpoke, you want to threaten your sister all because of marriage? Woman beater spotted!!!
You are not even ashamed of yourself, your sister dey feed and cloth you. Instead of you to look for ways to better your life, na to beat woman dey hungry you. I just pity the unfortunate woman that will get married to you.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by achimendy(m): 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

You must be very foolish to say you want to go physical with your elder sister because of marriage. How is that even an option to you, ehn??

Instead of you talking to her about it and also praying for her too ,you're here talking about threatening her.

You need to understand that she's obsessed about her work and money, so someone just need to make her understand. Simple.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by AlongCamePollie(m): 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

First of all, my friend, I am going to comment because you have sought my opinion as to HOW you can tell your sister that "she is getting too old". You have asked my opinion because you have brought it up here, and I am a member here, so I will give you my humble, honest opinion.

Take this from me: your sister knows her age. She does not actually require you to tell her she is growing older everyday. We all are, frankly. I don't really know what you mean by the fact that she is getting "too old". You must mean too old for marriage. And taking that to be what you mean, my point is that you are using your own and, of course, the average human clock, and NOT God's time. (Well, I don't know about your faith or the creed you profess, and I am no judge of character. I am not qualified to be one, and I have no right to be.)

Your sister has HER own plans mapped out, as indeed you and everyone else does have. May we all achieve OUR dreams! I understand your concern about your sister. You want the best for her. But that is where there appears to me to be a problem. Please forgive me, but it does seem to me that your sister's own life comes second best to your own, and perhaps your family's, desire for her to fulfil societal expectation by getting married at a certain "approved" age. Now that I have put it this way, I am sure you will realise that it is tilting towards that, unconsciously, even though that is not what you and your family are really all about. (I am sure yours is a loving family.)

Here's my personal experience: my younger sister had a similar experience. Eventually, she was married at the age of 40, two years ago, in December. As God would have it, she and her husband were blessed with TWINS (a boy and a girl), last year, and all of society's gossip and taunting was put to bed. Some would say the devil was put to shame! Now nobody even has anything else to say. Can they say she was "old" before she was married? In the first place, did my sister even owe them a duty to meet their own expectation? My answer is a resounding NO! My family and I stood by my loving sister and supported her, knowing that the odds (that is, society and all) were against her. What she needed, and what your own sister presently needs, is not physical confrontation or anything of the sort, but love, support and encouragement. She may not have opened up to you about her deepest desire perhaps being to find someone who is truly her own soulmate. I advise you to NOT, and I say please, go physical with her. You, or your family, could cause her to take a drastic measure (e.g. suicide, God forbid!). I don't know about you, but I would rather have my sister alive, though unmarried, to old age than dead because of the pressure to be married.

Bro, talk lovingly to your sister. OK? After all, you have the privilege (and understand it to be such, rather than a right). Let her know how much you love her, care about her and want the best only for her. Honestly tell her what your thoughts are regarding how you feel, and let her know that it is all because you love her. That way, she will lovingly accept the concern you have about her. Then she will tell you her deepest feelings and prayers. Don't push her away.

Finally, my face fell when you said you have "some respect" for your sister. I would have loved to read that you have all the respect in the world for her. That's what your sister would love -- the complete, 100 % love, respect and encouragement of her family. Remember that it is when you advise in love, respect and encouragement that anyone would feel at home to entertain your view and intervention.

I don't know you personally, but then I wish I did, so that I could see you, meet your family and become friends! I really care about how you all handle this matter in the best possible way, so that you and your family, and, especially, your sister, would be happy in the end.

Take it easy, OK?

Best regards.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by benqo01(m): 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2022
But we all agreed that a lady who is financially stable doesn't need a man in her life.....OP u know this why stressing yaself
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Tradepunter2: 3:55pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Then let her at least take the guys approaching her serious. What is hard in that?

its none of your fking business, she knows just let her be.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MrSquint: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2022
Pray you get married before you turn 32. It's ok to be concerned as a brother but it's foolish to say "you're tempted to change it for her, threaten to get physical and teach her some lessons". So you fit beat your elder sister ? What do you know about marriage ? Do men grow on trees or do they sell men on shelves ?
Do you have a man for her ?

Start praying for her if you truly care.
She's old enough to know what's best for her. There's more to life
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by generalwo(m): 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2022
E no concern you......... U no be God.... Allow her live her life in peace and face your own life!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / HIV+ Woman Hides Her Status From Her Husband Before Marriage / How Often Should Couples Have Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.