Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? (44371 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by baconline(m): 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2022
Let her be, she most likely is more worried than u are ,but hiding it. If u bring it up she will change towards u. U can bring it up only on a light mood, if she does not open up just let it be. That one of the problems we face in Africa, your relations think they can carry your cross. I have seen lots of people having issues since they don't discuss it does not mean they like being in that situation.Dont take Panadol for another person's headaches

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by aklion: 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2022
If you have any elder person around of her age or probably someone she respect to help on that. No go talk then u collect wotowoto...
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Johel(m): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

Leave her be...is it not better for her to be single than to be in an abusive affair?, Y'all just reason one way....too many bad men out there now, let God direct the one for her to her,not you making it seem like it's a crime to be single and successful at 32...life is beyond marriage.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Towncrier007(m): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

You were making sense till the last part, physical with your elder sister,are u mad or something?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Afobaba33(m): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2022
W
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by tfelicityk(m): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2022
She is aware of it...
Ask her in a polite way. What qualities are her kinds of man... Then, you can add one and two together.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Echoban: 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2022
GboyegaD:
It would be nice you respect yourself and respect her. It is her life and her choice to decide if she wants to marry or otherwise. What you think is not serious might be something bothering her.

Fact is marriage bothers everyone, a normal human who has blood and water flowing in their body just that getting ur complete spec is a problem. The. Their should be a reorientation that the chances of seeing ur spec is 50:50% , but life must move on. One can't hold down that part of life in the name of not seeing 100% spec. Some just get into it, get kid continue or move out. But at least reproduce, create ur own self that LL take after u.

There are some things u dont joke abt, things that u can't reverse, a lady ovary get depleted starting from age 35-40 , once they get to that stage, that is wen they may now come to the new knowledge abt life and eventually choose to go for marriage then but damn, what abt the ovary that can't reproduce again?? Most of them now wait for IVF with Ovum that's not theirs. cry
If she won't marry, let her sign agreement that she's fully aware of her consequences and won't emotional disturb anybody abt her lonely u reproductive life in future.

She should get a man and confide with him abeg. Nobody has it all in life.

Though I'm sure she's thinking abt it just that she's trying to feel unbothered in disguise
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by folake4u(f): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2022
This Op is a small minded individual. Mind your business for God's sake!!! Cho cho cho undecided

She's even supporting you financially and all, yet you want to dictate Marriage on her.
Instead make you pray that she finds a good man that will marry her.

Focus on yourself dear Op and let your elder sister find happiness in whatever she wants to do.

Yeye dey smell. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by 1b8m: 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

go and find something doing my friend...look at monkey wey wan change am for person.

These are the ones that always want to have a say in people's life
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Afobaba33(m): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2022
What is your business with that? Is she disturbing you sad
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by smeag0l(m): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2022
OP, your sister doesnt have a decision not to marry. She probably has a warped mentality about relationships which a lot of Nigerian ladies, especially the ones from poor or middle class backgrounds , have. Their main motive for going into relationships is not love but rather to better their unfortunate situations. They never appreciate little things and always expect the man to do more. The y consider the man as their meal ticket and one-way ticket out of poverty. However, since your sister is lucky to have escaped all these she doesnt see any reason for a relationship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by EMMANUELNATION(m): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2022
Most people have spoken my mind
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Ogundipebisola: 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2022
Not everybody likes to show their weakness to people, she might even be boarded about it and you won't know..
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nettybrown(m): 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2022
nicerod:
grin grin cheesy

Small boy you will understand when u starts ur own bills

Seriously Nairaland suppose add reaction emoji!
This your picture deserve one grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Trojan8(m): 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

All my ancestors both male and female got married. It won't be in my time that either me or any of my siblings will not marry

See mumu talk
Make your ancestors come marry her na. Nonsense
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Gospel2Day: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2022
Kirchoffs:
You would go physical on your elder sister cos she doesn’t want to get married. You must be a crazy person , cos only someone who’s crazy can say such from their mouth

The guy is immature.
He has the mentality of uncivilized village people.
His education has not polished his outlook on life.
There are many like him on Nairaland, very myopic individuals.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Orch1981: 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2022
Why you Nigerians are so possess with getting married is never a do or die affair marriage is not by force
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2022
Its her life let her be.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Timekeeper452: 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2022
Being married isn’t actually an achievement, it’s her life and none of your business.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by tctrills: 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

And you believe if you tell her she is getting old, that would get her a husband. I believe your sister is old enough to make her own choices.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by suratwo62: 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

All my ancestors both male and female got married. It won't be in my time that either me or any of my siblings will not marry

@IntelChief. Please what are you getting Married for? What is the use to YOU of getting married? Please explain why you want to get married
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by ebuclassic18(m): 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2022
[quote author=MufasaLion post=117589689]WTF is your business? She's an adult and she's fulfilled! What's norms to you, your mother and everyone else, is not norms to her!

I'm glad I have nobody like you as a sibling. Disgusting thing![/quote
The young man knows what he's saying that type of lady might be the type that will end up disturbing the younger siblings especially their wives causing family problems
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
Op becareful don't push her into depression or suicide, she is an adult, she will not force a man to marry her.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Proudlyomonna: 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
Very very Easy.
Take Her to a Very Very BIG GIGANTIOUS MIRROR,very early in the morning wen she never carry deluxe paint full face in the name of make Up,then tell Her Hanty can you see what I am Seeing
Are you pondering what I am pondering?
Age is not on your side oo,do something,get a Husband now grin grin grin
Very very easy sturvs.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by anayolity: 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2022
If I be her I go just break your head
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2022
Probably wants her to kill herself, very strange sibling.

Sometimes it's better not to even have so called sibling.

Talks like he is her God and maker and she is there to make him alright.
Proudlyomonna:
Very very Easy.
Take Her to a Very Very BIG GIGANTIOUS MIRROR,very early in the morning wen she never carry deluxe paint full face in the name of make Up,then tell Her Hanty can you see what I am Seeing
Are you pondering what I am pondering?
Age is not on your side oo,do something,get a Husband now grin grin grin
Very very easy sturvs.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by monapeniel(f): 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2022
Pass through an elderly person. But remember that marriage is not for everyone
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by moneymagnet(m): 2:09pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

I’m finding it hard to comprehend whats too old about being 32years… thought you wanted to call an age worth considering as old, in my opinion there’s nothing “too old” about 32
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Ofunwa111: 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Talking to her about it is okay , but you saying or thinking about going physical with her shows you have a problem.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Glamswizard(m): 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2022
This poster is sick tbh.... You want to threaten her to get married? Does having money solves all the equation?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Slmgirldippussy: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

She helps you when you are broke still U want to advise her to get married. Why are you challenging hunger to a fight why. Are you that bold ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / HIV+ Woman Hides Her Status From Her Husband Before Marriage / How Often Should Couples Have Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.