Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,846 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? (44372 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Living With My Married Elder Sister / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by CaptainFM1: 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2022
Would you want her to get married now and divorce tomorrow? Marriage no be moimoi that you just buy for market ooo.

Like someone said in the thread, she knows and she's not happy with that either. Just pray for her that she find a good husband.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by udomma1005(m): 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Then let her at least take the guys approaching her serious. What is hard in that?
As much as your show of love for your sister is felt, be mindful that she's an adult & basically your elder sister at that. You mentioned going physical, with your elder sister......? Who sells this kind of igbo will land you somewhere not good, change your dealer, please.
Dude, your sister is not unaware of her age, leave her to run her life, besides she might have anger or emotional intolerance, so being subjected to a man might be her phobia. Rather than her killing someone or someone killing her in the name of marriage, look front & follow ya lane, las_las she will be fine cool

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Sweetvie: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2022
@op sounds like a baby
Go physical with your own sister, are you crazy?
You're the type of sibling/family that can make her go into depression becoz of ur stupid words or force her into toxic marriage all in the name of she is getting old. Oh you think she doesn't know her own age again? Or she doesn't know she is due for marriage... You think she will tell you everything she is thinking? If you're bothered call her and talk not saying you want to go physical with your sister bcoz she is not married... It doesn't even make sense smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by MuslimIgbo: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Then let her at least take the guys approaching her serious. What is hard in that?
Most are only interested in sex or they see her someone who can support them financially....
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by captianfreeman(m): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2022
It is none of your business.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by TheboyGhost(m): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

Live and let live!!! You can't decide for others please, if marriage is so important to you then you should go ahead and married abeg.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2022
grin grin grin lol as the man of the house, he thinks it gives him the right to beat up an adult and as a younger brother, Nigerians una funny
anonimi:

As an Intel chief, please why do you have to go physical instead of using intelligence to help her

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Harrynight(m): 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2022
Why would u tell her that,
Are you ok?
You should be encouraging her instead my friend sad
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by ednut1(m): 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2022
Change it for a sister that feeds you The audacity from this mumu op sha

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by SURElee(f): 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:
My elder sister is around 32 years and still not serious with marriage. Her only focus is on making money and she had been very successful in that aspect. She has a well paying job and is not only comfortable but also supports me financially sometimes.

But I just can't imagine why she is not disturbed about the fact that she is still single at her age. A lot of guys I know had been approaching her but she never accepts even a relationship offer from them, talk more of marriage. (And am very sure that she is not a lesbian or any of that).

As a church guy, I have seen a lot of women stock in this not being married thing and jumping from one church to the other seeking for husbands. Some of them, out of desperation, fall victims in the hands of fake pastors and sharp guys. I really don't want my sister to go through such.

Initially, I wasn't disturbed, but right now, this issue is burning not only me but also my aging mother. My mother had even stylishly urged my sister to go get married on several occasions. But she won't.

What really got me mad was when I was discussing with my sister some days back about her future plans. She told me stuffs like planning on travelling abroad for greener pastures, bla bla bla, but made no mention of marriage.

Honestly guys, I am tired. And as a man in the family, I am thinking of changing it for my sister. Am planning on threatening her that if she doesn't take the issue of marriage serious, I will go physical with her and teach her some lessons. But the issue is that she is my elder sister and I have some respect for her. And my action might end up affecting the bond in the family.

Yes, tell her.
To you she doesn't know, so open your mouth waaaa and tell her.

Did you hear of Bimbo who just died, sebi she was married to a man.

You have a sister who is 32 and focused on making her own money to be financially independent before a man comes and you say she is only focused making money?

Oh! She should wear white gown and end up without her own money and be slammed on the way with her head to her death and stay with her abuser because she is getting old?

At what age did Ruth, Esther get married in the Bible? If the bible didn't mention the age Rebekkah got married to Isaac either, then you have no business bothering about her age at 32.

Sebi you people have made marriage all about birthing kids in Nigeria, when she eventually marries and births 1 or 2 kids, sebi e go don complete? But she will be financially independent in it and be capable to run for her safety if it turns ugly and not be told to go back fast and pray because she is financially handicapped.

Your prayer should be God should send a man her way who loves God, will love her also, push her to accomplish her dreams in life and they will be happy as a couple not just marrying because she is old.

So if she was your younger sister, you will go physical with her and forcefully push her into any man's house abi? When you marry your wife, turn yourself to a statistics of those men who go physical on their wives, you hear?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bonnyhope: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

see this one, you are lucky your sister is not the urgent 2k type.

Do you even know what's involved in a marriage
Pls alow her to live her life to the fullest
Marriage is not compulsory

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Card7: 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Hello there, it's normal to feel concerned for those you care about and I'm gonna be honest with you I think it's great but talking about getting physical with your sister because she isn't married or talking about it isn't clear at all. With all due respect sir, there are over a thousand ways you can talk to her about it in a matured way and try to understand her view. Remember while so many especially in the country see marriage as the proof of success and all not all both men and women see it that way.

I don't think you can make a calendar for your sister's life. The best you can do is talk and ensure you hear her out as well but in all never get to the point of getting physically violent where it will affect your bond as a family and that won't be nice
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Uchedizzy(f): 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2022
Who marriage help. Pls leave her alone she will marry at her own space the important thing is that she is productive with her life
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by micflo28(m): 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2022
Please give me her number op I will marry her. I am working and okay based in abuja
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by TheboyGhost(m): 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

All my ancestors both male and female got married. It won't be in my time that either me or any of my siblings will not marry
All your Ancestors was never Christians but you are a Christian.. is that not something different you did? Oga no go no spoil things for yourself ooh be carefull
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Ferdinandu(m): 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

Your Sister is the wife I've been looking for. Dm her number first
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 2:34pm On Oct 16, 2022
yemmywesey:
Give me her number, me too am a single guy and am older than her by +4.
what were you doing all this years?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by TNGC: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2022
Link me up with her, make I dey renew her subscription grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by DevilSignature: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

op I'm interested in ur sister
Dm me her number
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Flame77: 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2022
madridguy:
Since she has a good job with flourishing side business can you dm her number tongue

Hmmm ok. Please when you do finally get her contact, pass across to someone needs it.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Pinchomik: 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2022
Da Bleep did you just say? "getting physical with your friggin elder sister" ? I feel like picking out your teeth with a blunt pincers.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2022
Latty88:
I can categorically tell you that your sister has not seen her kind of man that is why you think she is not serious about getting married.

I was like her until I met my man. I squarely focused on my career and other important things that my mum would not let me rest. In fact several people tried to connect me with suitors but I never liked any of them.

You and your mum should just let her be and keep praying for her, when she meet her man Na she go tell una say she wan marry.
whats your spec
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by pusapou(m): 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2022
IntelChief:

simply look for a man that will marry her. And leave plenty stories
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Obainomilano: 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2022
The actual truth is that money is the main attraction for most women in marriage so when such a lady has money she sees marriage as useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Kobicove(m): 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2022
There is no law which says that your sister must be married in order to be fulfilled undecided
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by ScamHunter: 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

Are you beautiful?
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by kaywhy09(m): 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2022
Let her live her life.
Marriage is just a part of life.
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by Henryfour(m): 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2022
libertyfather:
Not her fault nobody wan marry again, come to think of it we don enter second ember months this 2022..How many marriage u sight not attend oooo..jst sight

Stop lying to urself, people are getting married, just dt it's not easy to get d right one
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2022
Helpout12345:
You cannot force her to marry. Marriage is not for everyone also. Some people are better off single for themselves, for the family and for the society.
then why is everybody getting married
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by OgaDeyVex: 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by bisqit: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2022
ukaface:
must every woman marry? She's living her life, marry if you want marry .
will you marry
Re: How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? by johnfem321: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2022
Don’t listen to people saying you should mind your business, they are mostly frustrated women, divorce or women that have given up on men and want people to be like them..She is your sister and will always be.. also you mean well for her that is why you are concerned.. we have heard of some women committing sucide because no husband and no kids and they are close to 50years.. Everyone deserve love and a partner to build a family with.. forget about the fact that she is helping you with money.. that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t tell her the truth.. you don’t have to go physical with her .. that’s a disrespectful, childish and unwise way to go about it.. i suggest you sit are down and talk to her about it.. acknowledge she has done well in seeking money but money is not everything….women get to menopause early, also there are more complication if a woman start giving birth late, also number of toasters will reduce as she get older because men always prefer younger women and the competition is high among women, also advise her not to travel abroad without husband at her age.. they is no husband abroad..you should also try and understand her concern, her heart break and what’s preventing her, listen to her ..As you are a Broda in church.. also see if there is a good Broda you can link her up with.. there is nothing wrong with giving her a bit of pressure but not my insulting her.. it’s by supporting her.. your mum might be intimidated because she helps with money but you shouldn’t.. may God lead us right

IntelChief:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / HIV+ Woman Hides Her Status From Her Husband Before Marriage / How Often Should Couples Have Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.