Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues (6713 Views)

Guys Get Severe Consequences For Cheating On Women These Days!!! / 14 Things Ladies Need To Work On To Avoid Late Marriage In 2018 / 9 Lies Married Men Use All The Time To Hit On Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Laturuturu: 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2022
Stargurl20:
Good morning, everyone.

So, I've been reading certain trending posts on this forum about women's late marriage lately.
And having gone through most comments, I realized that certain people are ignorant ( I'm sorry if this sounds rude), some are not but chose to be wicked and heartless with their comments, some were mature, empathetic, and mild with their comments ( kudos to you guys).

I will take my self as an example. I understand there are greedy, materialistic, rude , arrogant feministic women etc. Out there

However, they are some virtuous women who were just so unlucky to have life offer them nothing, or opposites of their desires( I understand we can't always get all we want in life).

I as a case study, i'm a young girl of 23. As much as I do not pray for wretchedness or poverty ( let's be sincere with ourselves, no one wishes for that) I've never been moved by material things owned by a man. Not cars, not houses, or his worth in cash. Yet, the fact that I haven't found someone I feel even the smallest of feelings for has kept me out of relationship. To me, one sided love is unfair to the one whose love isn't reciprocated. I understand love isn't enough in marriage, but we can't ignore the fact that it's its foundation. I've rejected certain proposals that I personally feel bad that I fear i might even end up alone, but at the same time I can't deceive or pretend to love someone I do not love, cause even the presence of the person let alone his touch will irritate me. I just can't see my self doing that. I'm not making this post to portray myself as righteous or a good girl or whatever you guys might call it, but I just want many of the commenters bashing women to know that there millions of women like me out there, who are still unmarried because they chose not to be deceitful, but yet, life hasn't smiled at them.
Not all women is intentionally over selective, not all is arrogant, not all fight equality with men, not all is badly behaved. Life is just not fair to some. Thank you.

Smart sister ....Shiloh is just two months away. You don dey shot your short already.
Una men .Sister Equitos is available for marriage.
Very experienced in husbandry
10 years post Uni experience in dating and relationships.
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by uche40(f): 8:13am On Oct 22, 2022
Stargurl20:

Honestly, yes is what I will say to all of your questions.

Ok. I think I'm starting to get the picture.

To give you some context, I'm presently single, and no -- I'm not searching. I'm sort of ambiverted in the sense that I like people enough to interact with them for long periods of time. But ultimately, I value my personal space, my personal taste, interests and objectives above all else. As a result, I'm the typical example of a non-conformist. A lot of men I know often consider me proud and egotistical, and they believe I should be lonely and frustrated -- which is far from the truth. I usually scoff at their attempts to label me and categorize me, trying to tell me what to think. It's one of the reasons I think the Red Pill is a joke, just like radical feminists. The two sides make a lot of unjustified presumptions about the opposing gender without bothering to present any empirical evidence.

If there's one thing I've learnt in my life, it's to not let others have agency over my life and control my decisions. They don't have to do it directly. It's easy to feel pressured to do something when you find that your peers are doing it, but as I said earlier, we're all wired different. When you eventually accomplish what you think you want, you may eventually find that it wasn't worth the effort, not because it's pointless, but because it's not what YOU really wanted.

Marriage isn't a casual affair. It's deeply serious and it will affect your life forever. If you're sure that you're not prepared, don't do it. Don't allow your ego to fool you. Society has created this erroneous thought in young people that if they do not get married on time, then they're failures. This is predicated on the false assumption that ALL OF US in this blue sphere called earth share the same interests, intents and purpose. It's a subtle form of psychological projection. They're essentially trying to speak for you and tell you what you need. They (perhaps innocently) want to impose their thoughts and belief system on you.

Your happiness should be the most important factor for you. And anyone who truly cares for you will want you to be happy.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Stargurl20(f): 9:23am On Oct 22, 2022
uche40:

Ok. I think I'm starting to get the picture.

To give you some context, I'm presently single, and no -- I'm not searching. I'm sort of ambiverted in the sense that I like people enough to interact with them for long periods of time. But ultimately, I value my personal space, my personal taste, interests and objectives above all else. As a result, I'm the typical example of a non-conformist. A lot of men I know often consider me proud and egotistical, and they believe I should be lonely and frustrated -- which is far from the truth. I usually scoff at their attempts to label me and categorize me, trying to tell me what to think. It's one of the reasons I think the Red Pill is a joke, just like radical feminists. The two sides make a lot of unjustified presumptions about the opposing gender without bothering to present any empirical evidence.

If there's one thing I've learnt in my life, it's to not let others have agency over my life and control my decisions. They don't have to do it directly. It's easy to feel pressured to do something when you find that your peers are doing it, but as I said earlier, we're all wired different. When you eventually accomplish what you think you want, you may eventually find that it wasn't worth the effort, not because it's pointless, but because it's not what YOU really wanted.

Marriage isn't a casual affair. It's deeply serious and it will affect your life forever. If you're sure that you're not prepared, don't do it. Don't allow your ego to fool you. Society has created this erroneous thought in young people that if they do not get married on time, then they're failures. This is predicated on the false assumption that ALL OF US in this blue sphere called earth share the same interests, intents and purpose. It's a subtle form of psychological projection. They're essentially trying to speak for you and tell you what you need. They (perhaps innocently) want to impose their thoughts and belief system on you.

Your happiness should be the most important factor for you. And anyone who truly cares for you will want you to be happy.
Hm...
May I know your age?
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Stargurl20(f): 9:24am On Oct 22, 2022
ednut1:
You are 23 and talking about late marriage. What a joke
At what age should start talking about it then
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by uche40(f): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2022
Stargurl20:

Hm...
May I know your age?

I'll be 37 in December.
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Stargurl20(f): 10:27am On Oct 22, 2022
uche40:

I'll be 37 in December.
Hmmm
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Stargurl20(f): 10:28am On Oct 22, 2022
uche40:

I'll be 37 in December.
You look beautiful. cool
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by uche40(f): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2022
Stargurl20:

You look beautiful. cool

Thank you.
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2022
Jman06:
You can "love" anybody if you condition your mind to. The whole love thing is in your head!

It's not.
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:55pm On Oct 22, 2022
pansophist:
most people marry who they love, but it's the wrong strategy. It is to ''love who you marry''. The former is based on feelings, and the latter is based on an informed decision. Feelings are what is keeping many girls single, they are waiting for the guy that will give them butterflies. It is wrong. Start listening to Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo and his wife, Mildred, these couples will clean your brain for this dirt modern society has deposited into it.

Love who you marry? Lol. What exactly does that mean? Firstly, I am tired of people making a comparison of good counselling with "Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo" and his cohorts. Are you trying to tell me that what he preaches all the time is "truth"? Or does Pastor Kingsley hold the key to a successful and long-lasting relationship/marriage? Laughable. There are many of his messages I find VERY flawed. Now, read me well, there's nothing like " love who you marry". It is superfluous. For a woman to respect you, she has to be fond of you or even, have a little of what you term as "feelings". Yes - along the line, it may or may not die, but the commitment you promised each other and to stay true to yourselves will keep the relationship you both share afloat.

Trying to follow the basis of the Bible which commanded men to love and women to respect even defeats the purpose of this whole message.
How do you preach to non-Christians or irreligious folks without instilling your so-called foundational "biblical principles" so they could get your message?

If you find a man that treats you like a queen, genuinely loves you, and wants to build a future with you, then love him. Butterflies are fleeting because when life's difficulties and responsibilities show up, you will appreciate a good man. Butterfly doesn't pay rent, protect and provide, lead and not bring trouble to you.
Look, the way a man's and a woman's mind work is different. Don't try to opine what is not standardised and make it seem normal. With this message, you are rigidly preaching to women to "marry who is ready" and not "who they love". The reason why DNA issues are rising on a daily.

Respect should be a mutual venture. Not what one gender gives, the same as love. Woe betides you if you marry a woman who does not love you. I can't for the life of me imagine marrying a man I don't have the slightest fondness for. I have to be in awe of you to respect you. If these are lacking, you are just another guy. Respect isn't just for a woman to give neither is love. I believe relationships and marriage will fare better if people will choose to eschew the principles of "religious books" to have a lasting relationship.

The same excuse you have that you haven't seen someone you fell in love with, is also the same excuse millions of unmarried women in their 30s have. Don't make such a mistake. Because you have feelings for a man doesn't make him good. It's a jackpot to love someone that happens to be a good man, but your primary duty is about his goodness first, then feelings. So the price you pay is to sacrifice feelings for what truly matters, which is a long-lasting fulfilling union.

Please and please, leave women in their 30s alone. And do not tell women to sacrifice feelings. Feelings won't pay bills, yes. But, you can be fond of someone and still be strategic. Be guided, please.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:06pm On Oct 22, 2022
Samcent:

Indeed, a word is enough for the wise!

I perceive the op as kind hearted but a bit naive.

I have read very sound words of wisdom from a number of persons,mostly guys, but stargurl20 is fixated on 'feelings' and maybe instant connection to a prospective suitor.

Ninety (90) percent of married women, including my wife, did not marry who they desired but who was available. I pray that the Op will make the other 10 percent.

How did you come about your statistics?
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:12pm On Oct 22, 2022
Stargurl20:
Ok, I've decide to marry anybody o

Stick to your guns, my dear. I am a lady like you and I understand your concerns. DO NOT marry a man you do not love. Even if it's 20%, please, love him. You'll find respecting him easy when you love him. If you aren't fond of a man, attraction will be absent which makes irritability a norm for you.

I do not go with the thought that you can grow to love someone. It can only get better and not grow from 0-100, in my opinion. Don't let them sell to you that funny idea. It's non-existent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Jman06(m): 9:12pm On Oct 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

It's not.
It's in your head! That is why people easily fall out of it once they start living together.

2 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2022
Jman06:
It's in your head! That is why people easily fall out of it once they start living together.

They fell out of love because what they called LOVE was built on a shabby foundation. Go and verify. When you don't water love, it dies! A fragment of fondness is required. Do not underestimate mutual affection. Never do! If it worked for you, okay. Don't force it on her.

2 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Jman06(m): 9:28pm On Oct 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

They fell out of love because what they called LOVE was built on a shabby foundation. Go and verify. When you don't water love, it dies! A fragment of fondness is required. Do not underestimate mutual affection. Never do! If it worked for you, okay. Don't force it on her.
Anybody who's waiting for mutual affection in this generation is on a looooong thing!

Remove emotion for once and think logically about this, that is when you'll understand!
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
Jman06:
Anybody who's waiting for mutual affection in this generation is on a looooong thing!

Remove emotion for once and think logically about this, that is when you'll understand!

Sir, for women, there's nothing like "removing emotions". You are not a woman and you do not and may never understand how a woman's mind works. So, do not underestimate mutual affection. There are people with love to give out there and she'll find them.

4 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Stargurl20(f): 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Stick to your guns, my dear. I am a lady like you and I understand your concerns. DO NOT marry a man you do not love. Even if it's 20%, please, love him. You'll find respecting him easy when you love him. If you aren't fond of a man, attraction will be absent which makes irritability a norm for you.

I do not go with the thought that you can grow to love someone. It can only get better and not grow from 0-100, in my opinion. Don't let them sell to you that funny idea. It's non-existent.
Honestly. Not because what you said is exactly how I feel, but I'm just surprised most people here do not understand or pretend not to
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
Stargurl20:

Honestly. Not because what you said is exactly how I feel, but I'm just surprised most people here do not understand or pretend not to

Disregard them.

It's disastrous to come home to a man you do not love. To love is to feel. If you can't feel, don't talk about love. Without feelings, what you share with him will be mechanical and futile. Do not do it.

2 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Jman06(m): 9:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Sir, for women, there's nothing like "removing emotions". You are not a woman and you do not and may never understand how a woman's mind works. So, do not underestimate mutual affection. There are people with love to give out there and she'll find them.
No need arguing further with you! She, like many of her kind, will eventually find out the reality. I just hope it won't be too late for her.

3 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Stargurl20(f): 9:49pm On Oct 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Disregard them.

It's disastrous to come home to a man you do not love. To love is to feel. If you can't feel, don't talk about love. Without feelings, what you share with him will be mechanical and futile. Do not do it.

Honestly, I wish I'm wired like most girls these so called people accuse for being greedy and having no ability to love. I would have also give no flying fvck about this love of a thing and marry for security reasons only.
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Joniww(m): 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2022
TinubuThief:
Can I marry you because you sound reasonable?
lolz
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2022
Jman06:
No need arguing further with you! She, like many of her kind, will eventually find out the reality. I just hope it won't be too late for her.

There's no reality here. And also to inform you that, staying single is not a crime. Pity how society has made and enforced women to think marriage is a means to an end and without it, they aren't achieved or complete. Not every woman has maternal instincts, and not every woman wants to marry and will marry.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Stargurl20(f): 9:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
Jman06:

Can you just tell me what you guys want?
You accuse girls on this platform almost everyday for not loving a guy, but only there to exploit them. Una see person wey no make material things priority, una still dey complain. Do you guys really understand yourselves?
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 22, 2022
Thank you Uyailncomparabl for taking your time to right the wrong notion that "feelings doesn't matter and woman should do away with it while considering marriage" . Honestly it is difficult explaining these thing to guys who think they know it all. Very draining!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by begoniaa: 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
Stargurl20:
Can you just tell me what you guys want?
You accuse girls on this platform almost everyday for not loving a guy, but only there to exploit them. Una see person wey no make material things priority, una still dey complain. Do you guys really understand yourselves?

Dem dey drag you, abi? grin

Eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:16pm On Oct 22, 2022
Persephone1:
Thank you Uyailncomparabl for taking your time to right the wrong notion that "feelings doesn't matter and woman should do away with it while considering marriage" . Honestly it is difficult explaining these thing to guys who think they know it all. Very draining!

It is indeed very draining. Make me question what exactly those species want. Be a gold digger, they will be here wailing all day saying women don't love and it's all money. Now, here's someone trying to preach her belief about love and they still turn otherwise. Beats my imagination. Love is important. Very important.

4 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Fearjah: 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2022
zed7:
When will you finally find someone you like? Will that someone like you back?

You're just 23 and don't understand how life works yet. You think everyone that is married now has married their perfect choice?

Look, if we were giving a book to write our stories, nobody will write their story to be exactly the way they are living now. Everyone will want a better story.

The bottom line is that, there is no perfection anywhere, smart people try to make smart decisions all the time and not wait for perfect situations.
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Stargurl20(f): 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

It is indeed very draining. Make me question what exactly those species want. Be a gold digger, they will be here wailing all day saying women don't love and it's all money. Now, here's someone trying to preach her belief in love and they still turn otherwise. Beats my imagination. Love is important. Very important.

Truly, humans can never be satisfied.
The comments I'm getting here are just do unbelievable to me. Not because most aren't in my favor, but because they're coming from the same people would make post almost every single day that Naija girls are gold diggers, not loving, this and that.
Na was o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Jman06(m): 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

There's no reality here. And also to inform you, staying single is not a crime. Pity how society has made and enforced women to think marriage is a means to an end and without it, they aren't achieved or complete. Not every woman has maternal instincts, and not every woman wants to marry and will marry.
See them. Always trying to have others make the same mistake they made.

To the wise girls reading my post, my point remains that you must not be fixated on the so called "mutual affection" or the women's definition of love if you want to get married and on time. You can only do that if our society changes to the point where a lady can walk up to the man of her choice, woo him, marry him and is expected to be responsible for him. Until then, you need to adapt to the biblical principle of " men love your wife and women submit to your husband".

The responsibility which the marriage institution places on a man can only be endured by a man with a large dose of love for his wife.

2 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Fearjah: 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2022
yusufmurry:
@OP, you are too naƬve to talk about marriage.
You're an Undergraduate, in 7years time will you write this you have written? Pretending to not have feeling for anyone or rejected proposals.

You have no business in marriage for now, focus on your studies. When you're ripe, nature will tell you and your requirements would reduce.

The reason among others, many ladies ain't married is because of unrealistic requirements based on material things. An average Nigerian girl is looking for who will feed her in the name of marriage than who she would have good understanding with in marriage.

Below 25, ladies rise their bars so high on the "class" of man to date or marriage. Then, at 30, it becomes who is available and ready. No love! no feeling! Much disrespect from hubby! Then Broken marriages!
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

It is indeed very draining. Make me question what exactly those species want. Be a gold digger, they will be here wailing all day saying women don't love and it's all money. Now, here's someone trying to preach her belief in love and they still turn otherwise. Beats my imagination. Love is important. Very important.
The key factor responsible for guys unstable state here is the urge to silent a lady's opinion, even if they end up contradicting themselves. They just want to have a say and it must be the only say even if it sounds foolish.

You have said it all, it is left for them to learn. Funny enough these guys won't marry ladies that don't have "feelings " for them. I wonder why they are here projecting otherwise .

3 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
Jman06:
See them. Always trying to have others make the same mistake they made.

To the wise girls reading my post, my point remains that you must not be fixated on the so called "mutual affection" or the mundane people's definition of love if you want to get married and on time. You can only do that if our society changes to the point where a lady can walk up to the man of her choice, woo him, marry him and is expected to be responsible for him. Until then, you need to adapt to the biblical principle of " men love your wife and women submit to your husband".

The responsibility which the marriage institution places on a man can only be endured by a man with a large dose of love for his wife.

What mistakes and what exactly do you mean?
What Biblical principles? What about non-Christians? Do you think everyone believes in the Bible? It seems your advice is selective.

Your so-called biblical principles are patriarchal and were never made to be in the favour of women. Mutual affection should be encouraged and not dismissed. I repeat, if a woman does not have the slightest fondness for you, you are just another piece of trash she sees and just tolerating you. I will wait to see how you shall advise your daughters. Till then.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girl Friend Is Ugly What Should I Do? / A Pretty Short Love Letter For Everyone / Get Rid Of Your Excess Body & Tummy Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.