Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues (6712 Views)

Guys Get Severe Consequences For Cheating On Women These Days!!! / 14 Things Ladies Need To Work On To Avoid Late Marriage In 2018 / 9 Lies Married Men Use All The Time To Hit On Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by culf: 11:17pm On Oct 16, 2022
Stargurl20:

hmmm, wow! I understand you pretty well, you can't obviously go into a relationship you're hoping to take to next level without any likeness, fondness or love for the person, such relationship won't last.
you're not asking for too much and I believe soon you will see someone that you will be all over him. Its not too much to ask dear.
its good to be a realist, a lot of fake people and relationship these days, setting things straight as is ought to be is bae. Its always good to go into relationship with a friend, someone you like, you respect or you're fond of so that when 'love' reduces or vanishes (if love use to vanish), other things like the friendship, respect, fondness etc can keep the Union going.
you don't need to be worried too much, you're also not doing anything bad. preparing and planning for your future is not bad, it put you a step ahead and may prevent bad incidences in future, only you should be praying more and worrying less while you go about with an open mind. you should consider making more friends, even when you want a relationship with someone, its good if you guys can take it from friendship level....

6 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Jman06(m): 11:26pm On Oct 16, 2022
Let me just advise you as an elder.

Miss, if you continue getting fixated on that which you call 'love", then you might just be a potential candidate for perpetual singlehood.
That same reason you gave is the reason many ladies are single even in their 40s today.

Clear your mind of too much unrealistic desires and find a good guy to work things out with.

A word is enough

6 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Stargurl20(f): 11:54pm On Oct 16, 2022
culf:

hmmm, wow! I understand you pretty well, you can't obviously go into a relationship you're hoping to take to next level without any likeness, fondness or love for the person, such relationship won't last.
you're not asking for too much and I believe soon you will see someone that you will be all over him. Its not too much to ask dear.
its good to be a realist, a lot of fake people and relationship these days, setting things straight as is ought to be is bae. Its always good to go into relationship with a friend, someone you like, you respect or you're fond of so that when 'love' reduces or vanishes (if love use to vanish), other things like the friendship, respect, fondness etc can keep the Union going.
you don't need to be worried too much, you're also not doing anything bad. preparing and planning for your future is not bad, it put you a step ahead and may prevent bad incidences in future, only you should be praying more and worrying less while you go about with an open mind. you should consider making more friends, even when you want a relationship with someone, its good if you guys can take it from friendship level....
Thank you
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by culf: 11:57pm On Oct 16, 2022
Stargurl20:
Thank you
you're welcome
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by haslaw(m): 4:33am On Oct 17, 2022
Stargurl20:
Good morning, everyone.

So, I've been reading certain trending posts on this forum about women's late marriage lately.
And having gone through most comments, I realized that certain people are ignorant ( I'm sorry if this sounds rude), some are not but chose to be wicked and heartless with their comments, some were mature, empathetic, and mild with their comments ( kudos to you guys).

I will take my self as an example. I understand there are greedy, materialistic, rude , arrogant feministic women etc. Out there

However, they are some virtuous women who were just so unlucky to have life offer them nothing, or opposites of their desires( I understand we can't always get all we want in life).

I as a case study, i'm a young girl of 23. As much as I do not pray for wretchedness or poverty ( let's be sincere with ourselves, no one wishes for that) I've never been moved by material things owned by a man. Not cars, not houses, or his worth in cash. Yet, the fact that I haven't found someone I feel even the smallest of feelings for has kept me out of relationship. To me, one sided love is unfair to the one whose love isn't reciprocated. I understand love isn't enough in marriage, but we can't ignore the fact that it's its foundation. I've rejected certain proposals that I personally feel bad that I fear i might even end up alone, but at the same time I can't deceive or pretend to love someone I do not love, cause even the presence of the person let alone his touch will irritate me. I just can't see my self doing that. I'm not making this post to portray myself as righteous or a good girl or whatever you guys might call it, but I just want many of the commenters bashing women to know that there millions of women like me out there, who are still unmarried because they chose not to be deceitful, but yet, life hasn't smiled at them.
Not all women is intentionally over selective, not all is arrogant, not all fight equality with men, not all is badly behaved. Life is just not fair to some. Thank you.

I think you are psychologically unbalanced for you to be irritated by the presence of someone just because you don't love them.

5 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Missionaire: 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2022
zed7:
When will you finally find someone you like? Will that someone like you back?

You're just 23 and don't understand how life works yet. You think everyone that is married now has married their perfect choice?

Look, if we were giving a book to write our stories, nobody will write their story to be exactly the way they are living now. Everyone will want a better story.

The bottom line is that, there is no perfection anywhere, smart people try to make smart decisions all the time and not wait for perfect situations.
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Missionaire: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
bobontop:

Feelings, Feelings, Feelings! You are making the same mistake that has kept many women unmarried or lateness in marriage. Follow the wisdom of God, it's is for your own good:
1. God never commanded a woman to love her husband. He only asked you to submit to your husband. What you call feeling (love) is not your duty. If you find a man that genuinely love you and treats you like a queen, you better follow him. The feelings will come later.

2. Love that lasts is not founded on feeling but on informed decision. Also these nonsense you people watch in Nollywood movies has deceived many of you girls. Romantic feeling comes and goes. You don't build a lasting relationship on romantic feeling... ask your mother. If successful marriage is built on romantic feeling Nollywood Stars would have had the best marriages. Successful marriage and but on commitment and decision to make it work.
You better jettison this childish notion of rejecting committed, responsible proposers because of feeling. Girls like you fall for empty vessels that have sweet tongues because you are looking for poetic Nollywood romance. Men that have something to offer are not very romantic. They are busy people and men of action. They meet you today in six months they have paid your Dowry. All those jobless efulefus that are looking for free sex, will call you 24 times in a day and write long poems like Shakespeare and end up wasting your destiny and destroying your life. The efulefus are the kind of people girl like you fall for.
Sorry if I am very blunt. I just want to help you and many other innocent but naive girls out there.
If a man loves a woman very much, even if they woman doesn't love him, their marriage will work. Infact you the woman will enjoy the marriage more because the man will spend his whole life trying to win your love. But you as a woman, in the name of looking for feeling marry a man who doesn't really cherish you, you have entered hell fire.

It's is the same with sex. A woman most times is not in the mood, but if she submits to her husband in obedience to God, the feelings will come and she will enjoy also.
Finally, must girls who have spiritual husband doesn't have feeling for the right men that will better their lives. Those wicked spirit husbands will will supply plenty of feelings when the efulefus come around so as to deal with the lady. You better beware and be wise... good marriage is not based on feelings... except in Nollywood.
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by WereyBoi: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
Observing and Learning From Elders
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by CeeJeckydivah: 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:
Good morning, everyone.

So, I've been reading certain trending posts on this forum about women's late marriage lately.
And having gone through most comments, I realized that certain people are ignorant ( I'm sorry if this sounds rude), some are not but chose to be wicked and heartless with their comments, some were mature, empathetic, and mild with their comments ( kudos to you guys).

I will take my self as an example. I understand there are greedy, materialistic, rude , arrogant feministic women etc. Out there

However, they are some virtuous women who were just so unlucky to have life offer them nothing, or opposites of their desires( I understand we can't always get all we want in life).

I as a case study, i'm a young girl of 23. As much as I do not pray for wretchedness or poverty ( let's be sincere with ourselves, no one wishes for that) I've never been moved by material things owned by a man. Not cars, not houses, or his worth in cash. Yet, the fact that I haven't found someone I feel even the smallest of feelings for has kept me out of relationship. To me, one sided love is unfair to the one whose love isn't reciprocated. I understand love isn't enough in marriage, but we can't ignore the fact that it's its foundation. I've rejected certain proposals that I personally feel bad that I fear i might even end up alone, but at the same time I can't deceive or pretend to love someone I do not love, cause even the presence of the person let alone his touch will irritate me. I just can't see my self doing that. I'm not making this post to portray myself as righteous or a good girl or whatever you guys might call it, but I just want many of the commenters bashing women to know that there millions of women like me out there, who are still unmarried because they chose not to be deceitful, but yet, life hasn't smiled at them.
Not all women is intentionally over selective, not all is arrogant, not all fight equality with men, not all is badly behaved. Life is just not fair to some. Thank you.

Live your life jare. Worst case you adopt a kid or get a donor. Life has passed all that phase

5 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:
Good morning, everyone.

People like you go tey as singleton. You ain't ready for life. What did you say is your age again, tuetehtree, bah
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Smiles. To a large extent, you're correct. However, I do not see all men as the same. Just as I don't believe all women is greedy, materialistic, feministic etc like you guys claim. I've just not been able to feel love towards someone else. I wish our emotions are things we have control over.
Stop! You are using what @czarr said to buttress your claim. I can bet that you have never been heartbroken, but just too full of yourself. See, you are still reading the book of Malachi, by the time you get to the book of Revelation, no one will advise you, you will kindly do it for yourself.
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Stargurl20(f): 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2022
imadiyi:

Stop! You are using what @czarr said to buttress your claim. I can bet that you have never been heartbroken, but just too full of yourself. See, you are still reading the book of Malachi, by the time you get to the book of Revelation, no one will advise you, you will kindly do it for yourself.
You're entitled to your own opinion o
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Figger(m): 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2022
Some people are destined to be single for the rest of their life, marriage is not a must, even the bible clearly stated this.

3 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by placeofallure(f): 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
Fahvvy:
OP ma'am @Stargurl20
I believe this is the thread you were referring to...

https://www.nairaland.com/7368480/not-all-30yrs-old-ladies

And in that thread, the OP opined that the reason why lots of women in their late 30's are not married is because...

1. They were not approached by men
2. They tried to build with a man who later abandoned them
3. They focused on their schooling so they could build a successful career
4. They were played by men

And the OP now said and I quote "it is not always their fault" (And obviously, that's a BIG LIE!!) ...

By so doing, the OP was absolving women of responsibilities and not holding them accountable for the series of choices that THEY made which has brought them to where they are now undecided...

And holding women accountable is exactly what the guys in that thread was trying to do undecided...

What they were saying in summary was "most women are unmarried because it's THEIR FAULT" simple!!!

I agree that they could've been more diplomatic in their delivery grin , but still, it doesn't change the fact that what most men said in that thread was nothing but the truth undecided...

Lemme also use you as a case study too grin...

You said "I haven't found someone I feel even the smallest of feelings for.....I've rejected certain proposals..."

If for any reason you get to your 30's and you're still unmarried will it also not be YOUR FAULT? grin...

Will you also say it's because "life hasn't smiled at you" or that it's because "life hasn't been fair"? Will you then blame life for your being unmarried? grin...

Make the right choice today ma'am, e get why cheesy..

You don't understand OP's point when she said ... somebody you feel next to nothing for... You didn't understand probably because you are a man. If a woman feels nothing for you, even sighting you alone can cause convulsion or vomiting. Very irritable! Men can sleep with anything and anyone, dunno how they possibly do that but women cannot. How do you now go into marriage, a lifetime thing, with such? Is that not suicide mission? Cheating on him will not even solve the problem!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by drnoel: 9:14pm On Oct 18, 2022
TinubuThief:
Can I marry you because you sound reasonable?

This says it all. The OP in question didn't even reply this person's comments and she wants to be taken serious. Case closed.

6 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Stargurl20(f): 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
placeofallure:

You don't understand OP's point when she said ... somebody you feel next to nothing for... You didn't understand probably because you are a man. If a woman feels nothing for you, even sighting you alone can cause convulsion or vomiting. Very irritable! Men can sleep with anything and anyone, dunno how they possibly do that but women cannot. How do you now go into marriage, a lifetime thing, with such? Is that not suicide mission? Cheating on him will not even solve the problem!
Thank you so much, ma'am. Someone even said I'm full of myself. If only the person knows how I reason. If only he knows how I see my self as ordinary and not superior to others in anyway, probably he wouldn't have said that
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by placeofallure(f): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2022
PerfectStranger:
too much high standard is what’s keeping them unmarried. Standards their dad didn’t have o.

That's not so. Some people are just unlucky in life.

I have two ladies like that. I can call them colleagues or friends. One is in her 40s, the other in her late 30s. Both of them are good people, especially the younger one, she is nice, super intelligent and beautiful, above average in looks yet
no suitor. What do we call that?
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by PerfectStranger(m): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
placeofallure:

I have two ladies like that. I can call them colleagues or friends. One is in her 40s, the other in her late 30s. Both of them are good people, especially the younger one, she is nice, super intelligent and beautiful, above average in looks yet
You only know them as being nice and all that but you don’t know their personal character. What if their character is disgusting?

5 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Jman06(m): 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
placeofallure:

You can "love" anybody if you condition your mind to. The whole love thing is in your head!

4 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by placeofallure(f): 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Thank you so much, ma'am. Someone even said I'm full of myself. If only the person knows how I reason. If only he knows how I see my self as ordinary and not superior to others in anyway, probably he wouldn't have said that

You are welcome sweetheart.

For Nairaland men, to bash women is sport for them.

1 Like

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

You're entitled to your own opinion o
I am not opining, do you get? I am only unraveling the mystics bedeviling your inner thought of ascesis. Self-discipline has a limit, and you must not cross its threshold. If you are exemplifying what you wrote out there for self and other ladies, please, I will advise you start retracing your intents,,ok? However, It's your life!

1 Like

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by placeofallure(f): 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
PerfectStranger:

You only know them as being nice and all that but you don’t know their personal character. What if their character is disgusting?

Well you reason like this because you don't know me. I don't call anybody friend if I don't know you inside out. They're not just mere acquaintances at work. We're close, we share personal talks, we help each other solve issues that are not even work related. Trust me, they're good. It's hard luck at times. The older one, nobody even comes to woo her anymore. We that are married gan, dem no dey gree us rest, no be juju be that?
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by placeofallure(f): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jman06:
You can "love" anybody if you condition your mind to. The whole love thing is in your head!

Hmmmn!
Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by PerfectStranger(m): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2022
placeofallure:

Well you reason like this because you don't know me. I don't call anybody friend if I don't know you inside out. They're not just mere acquaintances at work. We're close, we share personal talks, we help each other solve issues that are not even work related. Trust me, they're good. It's hard luck at times. The older one, nobody even comes to woo her anymore. We that are married gan, dem no dey gree us rest, no be juju be that?
How many years have you known them? Do you know their lifestyles when they were in their prime? You can’t tell me they had no suitors when they were due. They prolly thought their beauty and big bum bum will last forever.

Sometimes our past mistakes in life always comes back to hunt us.

3 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2022
placeofallure:

Since you have generalized it madam interpreter, why do women love to indulge themselves with prostitution? I think is high time some stopped cutting unrealistic niche for themselves. This is basically one of the reasons we see ladies at 40 remains unmarried these days.

3 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Johnlegacy57: 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
I want to say something but op is still 23. I will wait till she gets to 30 before I say my mind

3 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
placeofallure:

You have answered the queries we have been trailing around. So, who do you blame for their puzzling circumstances?

2 Likes

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by blinking001(m): 10:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
CeeJeckydivah:

Live your life jare. Worst case you adopt a kid or get a donor. Life has passed all that phase
The 'easy route' life. The 'don't worry everything will be fine useless Aunt'. You think adoption is suppose to be an option for a woman who genuinely needs a child of her own?
Do you know the emotional trauma most women who adopt children go through? Fools like yourself pride in their stupidity of egalitarianism, wokeness and modernism even with the evident negativity it presents to human existence, culture, spirituality, and society.
You turn a blind eye to the negative manifestations and consequences of wokeness syndrome and egalitarianism and rather would encourage your followers like lambs to the slaughter. Your likes disgusts me.
It's obvious women rarely give good counsel to each other on serious issues that affects themselves and their loved ones and this sterms from the premise of men not holding them responsible and accountable for their actions.
Women only unite when it's time to wail and fight men.
Sometimes i wonder why women are so bent on destroying each other. Like the old saying goes : misery loves company.

The family unit is the bedrock of civilisation. Her absence in modern times is responsible for most of the atrocities, moral decadence, barbarism, etc we all are experiencing today.

Never has they been a time in human existence where the prerequisite for a successful marriage was feelings. (Emotions).

Op until you understand that as a woman you have a role to play towards the advancement of human civilisation, you'll continue making silly mistakes like the rest of your foolish kind.
I'm glad you are now rejecting men because you're 23, i hope the story still remains thesame when you turn 30.
Women lack self awareness and introspection, a major flaw in their design that is responsible for their stupidity, degeneracy and lack of accountability/ responsibility.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Fahvvy: 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
placeofallure:

Sweetheart...
You're the one who didn't understand my own point...

All I'm saying is simple...
If a woman stays unmarried till she's a certain age, then it's because of the series of choices she made over time, simple!!

OP was there blaming "life" for 30+ ladies not being unmarried and I was trying to correct that impression undecided....

She used herself as a case study...
She said she has turned down proposals...
That means men have been coming around, but she CHOOSE to turn them down...

Why she is turning them down is not the point, the point is SHE MADE A DECISION TO TURN THEM DOWN...

So if she is unmarried by 30, she only have herself to blame for the choices that SHE made...

That's my point....

And on the subject of feelings...
My dear....
Feelings change with circumstances...

You can "feel something" for someone one moment and feel nothing for them the next moment... This is why break up happens...

Because people are entering relationship on the strength of feelings and when the feelings dies off, the relationship follows suit...

What y'all ladies don't understand is that what sustains marriage (or relationship in general) is not feelings but commitment, loyalty, understanding, endurance etc...

Our parents in times past, most times never saw their would to be spouse before marriage...

Their parents would fix the marriage and they would work it out....

And yet even without knowing each other...
Even without having "feelings" for each other...
They had a long lasting and happy marriage...

Shouldn't that tell you that feelings are irrelevant as regards sustaining relationships and marriages??

Lemme recommend you a book...
Go on AMAZON and search for the CLUE OF MARRIAGE, then see what actually makes relationship and marriages work...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Samcent: 10:24pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jman06:
Let me just advise you as an elder.

Miss, if you continue getting fixated on that which you call 'love", then you might just be a potential candidate for perpetual singlehood.
That same reason you gave is the reason many ladies are single even in their 40s today.

Clear your mind of too much unrealistic desires and find a good guy to work things out with.

A word is enough

Indeed, a word is enough for the wise!

I perceive the op as kind hearted but a bit naive.

I have read very sound words of wisdom from a number of persons,mostly guys, but stargurl20 is fixated on 'feelings' and maybe instant connection to a prospective suitor.

Ninety (90) percent of married women, including my wife, did not marry who they desired but who was available. I pray that the Op will make the other 10 percent.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Fahvvy: 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2022
[quote author=placeofallure post=117678956] That's not so. Some people are just unlucky in life.

no suitor. What do we call that? [quote]

And for this ladies you spoke about...
Can you confidently say that NO MAN approached them in their 20's? undecided ...

If men did approach them when they were younger, then their being unmarried till now is THEIR FAULT...

The issue with y'all ladies is that you think a certain prince charming is riding on a horse and is headed towards your direction cheesy...

You believe that a man that loves you will stand under rain in front of your house with a flower and sing your favorite song to you grin...

Y'all have watched too many telemundo, zee world and other romance movie that you now believe that it's a reality undecided...

Until time flies by and then your eyes now open and you see that it's too late to retrace your steps undecided...

You realize that you're 30+ and men are no more chasing you as much as they were initially...

Then suddenly the men you turned down in your prime for one reason or the other suddenly becomes your spec...

But by that time, you will be too inconsequential to catch their eyes...

And the same standards that were through the roof in your 20's will come crashing like a park of cards in your mid 30's...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My say On Women's Late Marriage Issues by Samcent: 10:36pm On Oct 18, 2022
placeofallure:

You are welcome sweetheart.

For Nairaland men, to bash women is sport for them.

I agree that most of the bashing here is uncalled for. But most of the contributions here that appear unpleasant to stargurl20 is nothing but the truth.

A woman should be more concerned about whether a man has feelings for her than the reverse.

I have been married for a while now, and I make bold to say that feelings contribute almost nothing in keeping a couple together. There are more important things that a woman should be looking out for in a prospective suitor not feelings.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Like Guys That Dont Like Bj's, Anal. .I Will Marry You Without Thinking! / If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? / My Girl Friend Is Ugly What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.