Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine (49136 Views)

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by TruthHurts100: 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
The earlier you confront her, the better. You also need to do another DNA to know if she's the mother of the child. Make e no be say hospital don change pikin for unar.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by 7arrows: 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
general111:
Calm down...
One day this thing will hunt you if you dont deal with it now.
Tell her peacefully and try to let her know that you still love her and would love this to be a secret between both of you..
Once she hears that you want to make it a family secret, she will get soft and begin to confess.
Then you can properly forgive her and move on...

Besides, i think she has really been good to you, else this would have been a good reason to leave her.

Best advise. Kudos
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by kologba: 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mumu man
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by FireUpNow(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2022
OP the child is not yours and you cannot keep this type of secret. Even if your wife owns the house you are staying and she is the one footing the bills, man up and let her know and it is better for you. Don't be surprised that your wife is codedly taking the boy to see his true father and the little boy knows his biological father. Confront your wife in a peaceful way since you don't want violence if not you might live to regret your decision of keeping calm later in the future. Tell her you love her despite the top secret and it should remain between you and your wife.
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Wolfdevil: 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2022
Bloody simp. Na why your wife dey cheat. Men like you should be castrated. Weakling

Meektunz:
Been married for over 5 years now and ever since my wife gave birth to my first child, I've been suspecting that it's not my child due to no sense of resemblance.

I finally did a DNA test but unfortunately the result shows that I'm not the father of my first child. No doubt my wife loves me so much and honestly she has done a lot, sacrificed alot for me.

My conscience never allowed me to end the marriage because honestly she is a good wife one could ever ask for though she has her bad sides.

Since the result came out, I never told her or confronted her because I'm very very certain that once I confront her the marriage will end cos alot will happen but everyday once I see the boy and remember, I get so angry but after some time when we are all playing as a family I will forget.

I still do everything a father could do for his son. Honestly it's not easy to forget about everything.

What do you advise me to do guys?
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Maynman: 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
esere826:

1) What if the child is same age as the marriage? Many people double date while single. Doesn't make it right, but it's a fact.
2) In relationships, everything boils down to what each partner can manage. Some people manage being beaten, some manage a poor partner, some manage a cheating one, some manage a dull one, and likewise they are also managed.

If you weigh your happiness against your sadness in your partnership, if your happiness is greater, why stop it? If your sadness is more, why stay?

That’s not an excuse, how can you double date when you are in relationship?
How many people do we know she is “double dating” and having unprotected sex with, hook up girls can also claim double dating.
And before they married, wasn’t she a fiancée?, how is she single then?

People don’t manage beaten that’s why there’s a name for it called “domestic abuse”.
Women marry up, so if your wife is marrying a poor person, she has ulterior motives.
Some manage a dull one like the OP, they need someone to take care of their child.
The man should manage his wife being a hoe, because she won’t stop bringing an illegal child home abi

The worse thing you can do for yourself is marrying a a single mother or raising another person’s child.
Weigh your happiness that your wife cheated and brought a Bastard home? How does that work?
Is it the cooking that’s giving the “happiness”, because as we see, we have many people that’s sharing OP wife
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Joshcoli(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
Your emotions are already bottled up waiting to erupts momentoriously

Just wait till you will finally get to the stage of Killin her

A good woman that collect prick and give you another man's child

Ode Le leyi

1 Like

Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by micflo28(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
Take it as a mistake, but it's time to sew your own seed. Pick a holiday make love to her for 5 uninterrupted days to get her pregnant. Do same for subsequent pregnancies. Forgive the past, raise the boy along with your biological kids and I bet he may be the one to return to take care of you at old age. Don't let your family break over a mendable mistake
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by 2Radii: 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2022
general111:
Calm down...
One day this thing will hunt you if you dont deal with it now.
Tell her peacefully and try to let her know that you still love her and would love this to be a secret between both of you..
Once she hears that you want to make it a family secret, she will get soft and begin to confess.
Then you can properly forgive her and move on...

Besides, i think she has really been good to you, else this would have been a good reason to leave her.
leave the mumu man alone
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2022
Meektunz:
Been married for over 5 years now and ever since my wife gave birth to my first child, I've been suspecting that it's not my child due to no sense of resemblance.

I finally did a DNA test but unfortunately the result shows that I'm not the father of my first child. No doubt my wife loves me so much and honestly she has done a lot, sacrificed alot for me.

My conscience never allowed me to end the marriage because honestly she is a good wife one could ever ask for though she has her bad sides.

Since the result came out, I never told her or confronted her because I'm very very certain that once I confront her the marriage will end cos alot will happen but everyday once I see the boy and remember, I get so angry but after some time when we are all playing as a family I will forget.

I still do everything a father could do for his son. Honestly it's not easy to forget about everything.

...it's obvious she is the one feeding you...or you can't father a child so you have to mentain your cool
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by 2Radii: 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Oga no bastard in marriage joor

The woman you paid bride price on and the children from such marriage are yours

You paid for all expenses during pregnancy, paid for school fees and upkeep from your hard earned money

If anybody tells you nonsense or come to claim your Son kill him with matchet and claim he is a kidnapper

Tell your wife you know the truth and if she ever dare tell anyone she's dead

Your wife gives you happiness and joy and also sacrifice for you... Don't let anyone or anything steal your joy

u must be ibo

In yoruba we have bastards
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by erumena(m): 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Meektunz:

Have you gone to seek a second opinion?
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Uchesis: 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
Imagine if DNA test was just 5k. 70% of Nigerian marriages would have scattered by now. I fear who no dey fear women
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Firstcitizen: 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
Goodluckzzz:
Read an article where a man did DNA test and came out he wasn't the father. The woman denied having an affair and a friend of hers suggested she also do the test. The test came out negative she wasn't the mother. Had to go to the hospital, only to find out their child was swapped.

So if you trust her ask her to tell you if she ever cheated on you before you got married I guess you can tell if she's lying. Ask her when she's in her happy mode or when she never expected. Hopefully she might not have time to cook up a lie.

If you feel she's telling you the truth you might tell her you got message from someone that the first child is not yours. Look at her facial expressions. And tell her you want to do DNA test and...

I don try somebody can continue from there.

At least you read yours . I know a couple in one of the Southern states that the husband relocated abroad and sought to relocate the wife and kids after a few years. Out of 5 kids one of them was found not to be his after the Canadian govt demanded a DNA test. The woman lied and cried she did not cheat so the family suggested they test the woman and child to ascertain if the baby was swapped. It showed it was her baby

Till today the woman still dey deny vigorously and everybody don dey think say maybe na angel give her belle cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
The child is yours. Na who train pikin na him be him papa. The child doesn't have to come from your loins. Stay strong. Don't let this one mistake break your family's bond. Forgive her and let go.

Although I doubt the authenticity of your story.
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by casualobserver: 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
abuja007:
Who say na him dey pay bills or run the show in the house? The woman is rolling out the money and being a good loyal wife until this.

If the guy was making the big bucks I don't think he will react so gently like this and thread carefully like this.

Guy confront her gently. Tell her that you know and let her come clean.

And both of you agree on the next step with the boy. You should not have done the DNA test if you did not want to know the truth and take necessary steps.
[color=#000000][/color]

Sense dey your head!

1 Like

Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Uchesis: 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Useless fake story
I hope you won't commit paternity fraud in future grin
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Heart to Heart talk with maturity is the way out. To get a wife that has the qualities you describe is rare.

The survival of your marriage depends on you especially how you handle this sensitive issue.

Goodluck
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by sonso: 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Oga no bastard in marriage joor

The woman you paid bride price on and the children from such marriage are yours

You paid for all expenses during pregnancy, paid for school fees and upkeep from your hard earned money

If anybody tells you nonsense or come to claim your Son kill him with matchet and claim he is a kidnapper

Tell your wife you know the truth and if she ever dare tell anyone she's dead

Your wife gives you happiness and joy and also sacrifice for you... Don't let anyone or anything steal your joy

ILE to ba ntoro, omo aka be o ti da gba.

1 Like

Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Uchesis: 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
casualobserver:

Sense dey your head!
Every father needs a DNA test. Clear your doubts
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Moh247: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
sonso:

ILE to ba ntoro, omo aka be o ti da gba.

La ye atijo
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by emerged01(m): 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2022
Meektunz:

Bro,if your story true and you love your wife,It is a secret you will have to deal it either till when the boy grow up or forever.
If a man want life to keep smiling on him,all he needs is a good wife. A good wife doesnt mean she will be perfect.
The decision is yours. Whatever the decision you are going to make consider yourself and your children.
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by princewarri1985: 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
Do you mean you dont know what to do? I dont have any advice for you because you are an idiot!
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Maynman: 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
emerged01:

Bro,if your story true and you love your wife,It is a secret you will have to deal it either till when the boy grow up or forever.
If a man want life to keep smiling on him,all he needs is a good wife. A good wife doesnt mean she will be perfect.
The decision is yours. Whatever the decision you are going to make consider yourself and your children.
What makes a good wife?
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Kamachicho(f): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
[quote author=Meektunz post=117869548]

My dear, you really tried and I know it must be difficult keeping this information to yourself. Let me share a real story with you.

There was a man that had three lovely girls and after a while the much celebrated boy child. And everyone was happy. The boy was almost through with his secondary education when his father died.

He was buried and after a while his family was called together for the reading of his will. Guess what? His boy was never his but he took up the responsibility of taking care of him since he was being called father. He told his siblings in the will that they should provide for the boy and he mentioned the name of the boy's biological father. That if the boy wants to stay in his family he could but with conditions, and if he would like to go to his father, he in his death has no objection. He is still living in the family ( answering his father's name that brought him up) till now and married. The family is very prominent and they have learn to live with their embarrassing mistake.

So my dear, I pray for wisdom to do right by your wife, your son, your daughter. Be a father to your son.
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by melody20: 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
Do DNA test smiley wink
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by COURVOISier(m): 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
Let your wife as do the DNA test to be sure the child was not exchange at the hospital.
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Uwaiwe: 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hope the real father won't come for his child someday
The grief and shame will be more devastating . Talkingfm from others experience . Better cry now than continual living in self deception . Its your call to make though

1 Like

Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by prophetfire: 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
Meektunz:

You are a mumu. If you don't know.
Wetin Dem give you chop?
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by Jayrockk: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
Flukey:

Is that how you treat such challenges?
yes
Re: The Aftermath Of DNA Test: My First Child Is Not Mine by godofuck231: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
Prechgold1180:
So wetyn u come want make we do
vote for abiola

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights / Lady Appreciates The Christmas Chicken Her Husband Bought But Gets Slammed / This Pretty Girl Is Missing (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.