Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. (47289 Views)

She Kissed Me And Walked Away / I Finally Walked Away, Even Though It Hurts / I Walked Inside the Room and Saw My Friend Doing This... [Picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by zexy2030(m): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2022
bestdudes:
Some weeks ago, this thread titled: "Not All 30yrs Old Ladies Were Approached By Serious Men In Their 20's" graced the Nairaland front page.

Here is a link to the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7368480/not-all-30yrs-old-ladies

It is highly impossible that averagely pretty and above-average pretty ladies didn't meet serious men in their 20s. It is not possible. The problem with many ladies is that they have a very poor selection and also have a very bad attitude that chases good men away.

I am going to share my recent experience with 3 ladies and why I decided to walk away.

Lady 1: I had been chatting with this lady on Twitter without asking for her number. It has been on and off for more than one year. So about 3 months ago, I decided to ask for her number, which she delayed but later gave it on the same day.

For the records, this lady is pretty, she looks very much like Rita Dominic, very striking resemblance. Just to give you an idea that she is pretty.

We chatted a few times and then I decided to call. The first two were brief but the 3rd was much longer and somewhat boring because I was doing most of the topic or angle infusion, more like I was the one bringing up topics to sustain the interactions.

Before that 3rd call, I sent an SMS to ask if she was still at work and she replied to the SMS and said she was still at work. So I had to wait for about 1 hour before I called.

After the call, I texted her to say she has a good voice. I asked whether she sings or loves singing. It was just an innocent question borne out of curiosity because I could imagine she is a good singer with such a voice

She didn't reply to the SMS. Of course, I expected that, knowing how ladies behave over something as simple as that. While on Twitter, I asked whether she got the SMS, and she said that she saw it but didn't have airtime to reply lol...

That was a lie of course. I wonder why she would lie, perhaps she wanted to "form" or what? Ma'am, it was just a simple curious question.

I decided to take a stroll to her profile that same day and there I saw what completely turned me off. On her profile, she said people think she enjoys calls but she does not want calls and that they will think chatting her up on WhatsApp is better but she does not enjoy that either.

If that is the case, why give your number out? Why not isolate yourself from people entirely so that no one interacts with you? Are you better than those who took out time to spend it with you via calls?

I interpreted her mentality and worldview as someone who feels too important and does appreciate the effort of people who try to reach out to her or interact.

On seeing that, It was disappointing to note what she thought of others who called or chatted her up, I mean these are people's time that can't be gotten back lol.

Lady 2: This one is from Twitter as well. We started talking from a thread and I decided to DM her. I liked her energy. She was light and responsive, very open and communicative.

She started asking for my picture because I do not display my picture on Twitter. I was reluctant initially but sent it cos she persisted... after much chat, we exchanged numbers and I chatted her up on WhatsApp 2 days later. We talked about hanging out in December but she said she would be traveling to her state for the festive season.

While we were chatting, I had called before then, I simply asked whether she has entered another relationship after the last one she mentioned on Twitter.

Guess her response? she said "Do you have money to spend on my head"? For a less than 1 week interaction?

Oh, God... I knew I wouldn't want to have anything to do with this one beyond WhatsApp or Twitter. I reduced my interactions with her and it died.

For the two ladies above, I do not often remember they are on my contact anymore except when I see their status lol.

Let's move on

Lady 3: Met this one after church and we were going in the same direction. I spoke to her and we exchange numbers. We chatted, and I called. We arranged to meet up. On the day of our meeting, which was the first after that Sunday, she asked me whether I have knowledge of digital marketing or social media marketing. I said I do but it is not something that can be discussed on WhatsApp, except we meet so that I can explain it to her.

Though chatting her up was very slow as she is rarely online. She takes a few hours to reply lol.

We met and the meeting was more of a lecture with me answering all her questions. I enjoyed it anyway.

Knowing that I exchanged numbers because I was attracted to her, I had to find a way to subtly give hint. Now, here is the challenge I had. She increasingly started replying with monosyllables like "yeah", okay, no, lol, smiley ,

On noticing that, I knew it was time to exit from her life and I did.

The above 3 ladies are pretty facially and above average... With their attitude that made me leave them alone, tomorrow, they will come online to write "Not All 30yrs Old Ladies Were Approached By Serious Men In Their 20's" lol and some persons will be saying it is true blah blah...

Girls are the architect of their own misfortune. You will see a man being a decent gentleman and develop a habit that chases them away. In the same vein, they will accept the guys who do not have any good intentions toward them.

Others may believe that thread but definitely not me. I do not believe that a girl, especially the pretty ones, will live from age 1 to 30 and never come across a man with good intentions. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE!
Have a reverse psychology, put yourself in their shoes. U r a lady and a stranger man is asking for your number and chatting you up and their are many men doing same to you on a social media because u r beautiful. How will u respond, as u understand that most women like attention but takes time to choose, and don't like feeling too cheap.

For a woman to be valuable in ur eyes, chase her. Pursue that is the beauty of the woman in ur home.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by MoneyMustBMade(m): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2022
Sweetplum:
I m here to learn.
I hold no violence.

Lol... Serious no violence before the redpiller go attack
Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by NoToPile: 9:58am On Nov 17, 2022
qtguru:
PHD in gender studies lol NL men sha

Lool first thing that came to my mind was the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by Saintmary(f): 9:58am On Nov 17, 2022
Octopusssy:

Tell me that and I will ex you forever. It shows you have no respect for me as a person. Anyone who falls for this reverse psychology obviously has self issues

If he now marries a woman with low self esteem now, he'll come back to Nairaland to complain about how she can't be ambitious.

Thank God for this anonymous forum though, it makes it easier to see the true heart of these people.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by bestdudes: 9:59am On Nov 17, 2022
Octopusssy:

Oga, leave story. The third girl is not into you. I think they are all not into you. You are the problem not them. You can't force attraction
I am not the problem... I am an upright decent guy that you can meet anywhere. I know it is best to leave such girls alone when they start this.

And oh, there is a 5th one who has been decent and willing. If So if I meet 5 and walk away from 4, that should tell you something.

Also, I have not asked any of them out... we were just getting to know each other.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by 222Martins(m): 10:01am On Nov 17, 2022
DoMeGood09:
The problem here was you acted desperate. Next time, do not be desperate on women. If a woman is beautiful, tell her that she’s ugly.

I told her a pretty young lady last week that I cannot date her and she asked me, I told her that because she’s can’t measure up. Ever since then, she’s been calling me. What works for women is opposite. cheesy
Very funny but true. I once met a young beautiful curvy girl who was a pastor's daughter.

Knowing she is definitely going to be getting attention from men, i switched game. After interacting with her and telling her what i do for a living, i told her i have a personal principle of having nothing to do with pastors' daughters. I no get strength for their holier than thou attitude. Guess what? She started trying her best to prove to me that pastor's daughters are humans too and not what the world paint them to be. Today, she is my wife grin grin grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by Thattallgirl(f): 10:02am On Nov 17, 2022
bestdudes:
I am not the problem... I am an upright decent guy that you can meet anywhere. I know it is best to leave such girls alone when they start this.

And oh, there is a 5th one who has been decent and willing. If So if I meet 5 and walk away from 4, that should tell you something.

Also, I have not asked any of them out... we were just getting to know each other.
Hi I wanna ask a question. When you meet a girl online and you start chatting with her and your conversation probably flows, is the next thing on your mind "let us date"?

1 Like

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by koladebrainiac(m): 10:03am On Nov 17, 2022
bestdudes:
Some weeks ago, this thread titled: "Not All 30yrs Old Ladies Were Approached By Serious Men In Their 20's" graced the Nairaland front page.

Here is a link to the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7368480/not-all-30yrs-old-ladies

It is highly impossible that averagely pretty and above-average pretty ladies didn't meet serious men in their 20s. It is not possible. The problem with many ladies is that they have a very poor selection and also have a very bad attitude that chases good men away.

I am going to share my recent experience with 3 ladies and why I decided to walk away.

Lady 1: I had been chatting with this lady on Twitter without asking for her number. It has been on and off for more than one year. So about 3 months ago, I decided to ask for her number, which she delayed but later gave it on the same day.

For the records, this lady is pretty, she looks very much like Rita Dominic, very striking resemblance. Just to give you an idea that she is pretty.

We chatted a few times and then I decided to call. The first two were brief but the 3rd was much longer and somewhat boring because I was doing most of the topic or angle infusion, more like I was the one bringing up topics to sustain the interactions.

Before that 3rd call, I sent an SMS to ask if she was still at work and she replied to the SMS and said she was still at work. So I had to wait for about 1 hour before I called.

After the call, I texted her to say she has a good voice. I asked whether she sings or loves singing. It was just an innocent question borne out of curiosity because I could imagine she is a good singer with such a voice

She didn't reply to the SMS. Of course, I expected that, knowing how ladies behave over something as simple as that. While on Twitter, I asked whether she got the SMS, and she said that she saw it but didn't have airtime to reply lol...

That was a lie of course. I wonder why she would lie, perhaps she wanted to "form" or what? Ma'am, it was just a simple curious question.

I decided to take a stroll to her profile that same day and there I saw what completely turned me off. On her profile, she said people think she enjoys calls but she does not want calls and that they will think chatting her up on WhatsApp is better but she does not enjoy that either.

If that is the case, why give your number out? Why not isolate yourself from people entirely so that no one interacts with you? Are you better than those who took out time to spend it with you via calls?

I interpreted her mentality and worldview as someone who feels too important and does appreciate the effort of people who try to reach out to her or interact.

On seeing that, It was disappointing to note what she thought of others who called or chatted her up, I mean these are people's time that can't be gotten back lol.

Lady 2: This one is from Twitter as well. We started talking from a thread and I decided to DM her. I liked her energy. She was light and responsive, very open and communicative.

She started asking for my picture because I do not display my picture on Twitter. I was reluctant initially but sent it cos she persisted... after much chat, we exchanged numbers and I chatted her up on WhatsApp 2 days later. We talked about hanging out in December but she said she would be traveling to her state for the festive season.

While we were chatting, I had called before then, I simply asked whether she has entered another relationship after the last one she mentioned on Twitter.

Guess her response? she said "Do you have money to spend on my head"? For a less than 1 week interaction?

Oh, God... I knew I wouldn't want to have anything to do with this one beyond WhatsApp or Twitter. I reduced my interactions with her and it died.

For the two ladies above, I do not often remember they are on my contact anymore except when I see their status lol.

Let's move on

Lady 3: Met this one after church and we were going in the same direction. I spoke to her and we exchange numbers. We chatted, and I called. We arranged to meet up. On the day of our meeting, which was the first after that Sunday, she asked me whether I have knowledge of digital marketing or social media marketing. I said I do but it is not something that can be discussed on WhatsApp, except we meet so that I can explain it to her.

Though chatting her up was very slow as she is rarely online. She takes a few hours to reply lol.

We met and the meeting was more of a lecture with me answering all her questions. I enjoyed it anyway.

Knowing that I exchanged numbers because I was attracted to her, I had to find a way to subtly give hint. Now, here is the challenge I had. She increasingly started replying with monosyllables like "yeah", okay, no, lol, smiley ,

The above 3 ladies are pretty facially and above average... With their attitude that made me leave them alone, tomorrow, they will come online to write "Not All 30yrs Old Ladies Were Approached By Serious Men In Their 20's" lol and some persons will be saying it is true blah blah...

Girls are the architect of their own misfortune. You will see a man being a decent gentleman and develop a habit that chases them away. In the same vein, they will accept the guys who do not have any good intentions toward them.

Others may believe that thread but definitely not me. I do not believe that a girl, especially the pretty ones, will live from age 1 to 30 and never come across a man with good intentions. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE!

what do you expect you see a pretty lady by every standard and she is aware she is beautiful, and you expect her not be arrogant? why do you think guys go for ugly lady?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by Maobichek: 10:03am On Nov 17, 2022
bestdudes:
Lmao.. you are funny. So point out where I made a mistake and the girls are not at fault?

Did I ask them for sex or ask them for anything? What will it cost a grown-up adult to be decent in their engagement? At my age? At my age, I would leave any girl alone as soon as I see any indecent attitude or red flag.

Maybe you are the kind that tries to convince yourself that "it is not a problem, continue to try your luck and gets disrespected even further"

Gerrraheree mien

The first lady, you were with her on twitter for over one year just chatting with her and after a "whole" one year (as you said) you decide to get serious with her.

Please stop wasting your time because genuine/committed ladies are always sensitive but will expect you to do the needful, that's all for now.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by SenecaTheYonger: 10:04am On Nov 17, 2022
You left lady 3 because of monosyllabic response? That’s dumb. If your conversation in real life flowed well, you should stop talking with her much on text and arrange more meet ups. Some girls are lively in person than on chat. And I’ve met some that are very lively in chat but in real life they’re dull and always focused on their phones

bestdudes:

Let's move on

2 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by Emjace(m): 10:04am On Nov 17, 2022
Recently i told a very pretty lady, "you're cute but i'm busy".. Na she come ask of my contact. And we've been sailing ever since then..

Most women don't like men that are too forward.. Especially if you act desperate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by VULCAN(m): 10:04am On Nov 17, 2022
Your ability to go off point is legendary on Nairaland.

Lollz.

The point the fellow is making is that it is untrue that no serious guy approached a good looking girl before her 30th year.

Then he gave three personal examples.

As is your forte, you dragged the fellow far away from his premise and focused on WHY he is attracting girls that behave in this manner.

That is completely irrelevant to the topic under discussion.

The guy never complained to you that he doesn't know why he keeps attracting the wrong type of girls.

So why going on a Law Of Attraction spiel?

Try and respond to his original premise if you can

Anyway, There isn't anybody on Nairaland who is as adept as you are at missing the point

Kobojunkie:
1. Women also do that which you have stated in bold up there there so why do you presume you are the first to think of doing such?, undecided

2. I don't convince myself of anything of such nor does the word "luck" and "relationship" go together in my dictionary so forgive me for really not seeing whatever moot point you are attempting to make with this response of yours. undecided

Something about your person attracted those 4 girls to you yo begin with and even with you saying you have cut them off, it doesn't mean you will not still go out and attract others like them , maybe with better ability to hide their flaws next time. Rather than stone the gals what you ought instead do is look inside of you to change whatever is necessary so you attract better women next time. Coming here to accuse them as though they forced themselves on you somehow ain't going to help you any. undecided

17 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by bestdudes: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2022
Saintmary:

If he now marries a woman with low self esteem now, he'll come back to Nairaland to complain about how she can't be ambitious.

Thank God for this anonymous forum though, it makes it easier to see the true heart of these people.
Well, I am not like that dude. The only reason I walked away is that I am of the opinion that when someone is being a gentleman and decent in their rapport with you, courtesy demand you return the same.

It is just basic logic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by Ok12345(f): 10:06am On Nov 17, 2022
U chatted a girl for 1yrs b4 telling her your intentions

She Don friend zone you
Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by nkemjacob2(m): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2022
D kind of ladies parent breed these days are of no morals. God help our future girls

2 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by bestdudes: 10:08am On Nov 17, 2022
SenecaTheYonger:
You left lady 3 because of monosyllabic response? That’s dumb. If your conversation in real life flowed well, you should stop talking with her much on text and arrange more meet ups. Some girls are lively in person than on chat. And I’ve met some that are very lively in chat but in real life they’re dull and always focused on their phones

Yeah, she does agree to meet up another time before I bolted. I just find that mode of replies to be somewhat uninterested. So are you suggesting I give it more effort?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by FashionCookie(f): 10:08am On Nov 17, 2022
Here we go again.. undecided
Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by bestdudes: 10:09am On Nov 17, 2022
Ok12345:
U chatted a girl for 1yrs b4 telling her your intentions

She Don friend zone you
lol bros, I talk to men more on Twitter than girls. And the chat with this particular girl was like 4 times in that 1 year lol. i do not really chase girls online like that. grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by Vikalinda(m): 10:10am On Nov 17, 2022
JASONjnr:
I don't know how you go about it...Bit I've never started a conversation with a lady I like and have interest for, without asking her of she's in any relationship....

If she said yes....I stop the communication

Is she said, the guy isn't serious and she's holding on to break up... I will equally stop communication.

But if she said No...I will write out my intentions, I mean, I will speak it out. She will have to accept me or say reject me...

I will not give room to, "Let's be friends first"....

I just want to be serious and if you can't be serious, then we have to move on.

OP, you devout so much time and attention to get a woman.And you consider so many rules. If she asked you, if you have money to spend on her head...That wasn't supposed to be a turn off....Ask her how much and check your pockets...

If you're not financially strong, why going to look for ladies that's as pretty as Rita Dominic....Abi you no see girls weh resemble James Brown?

Op need to get matured, when a lady ask if you have money to spend on her, she is simply trying to be free and jovial with you. You don't even know her well and you are ending a relationship and puting blame on an innocent young lady, all that you have mentioned in your write up cannot translate to ending a growing relationship. Be grown

7 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by Rebsy(f): 10:11am On Nov 17, 2022
Quite insightful!

bestdudes:

Let's move on

1 Like

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by Ok12345(f): 10:11am On Nov 17, 2022
bestdudes:
lol bros, I talk to men more on Twitter than girls. And the chat with this particular girl was like 4 times in that 1 year lol. i do not really chase girls online like that. grin

Whatever suits you bro grin
Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by Yoighaman(m): 10:11am On Nov 17, 2022
bestdudes:

Let's move on

Nice write-up and I quite agree with you, but have you taken a step back to see if there is actually something about you that also turned them off? 1, 2, 3 ladies might not be wrong afterall, just saying.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by bestdudes: 10:13am On Nov 17, 2022
Maobichek:

The first lady, you were with her on twitter for over one year just chatting with her and after a "whole" one year (as you said) you decide to get serious with her.

Please stop wasting your time because genuine/committed ladies are always sensitive but will expect you to do the needful, that's all for now.
chatting in that context does not mean I was chatting with her every month. It was like 4 times in that one year to be honest because I was particularly not predisposed to chasing women online.

Me asking for her number was more like : "Hey, you how about you get to know this lady more" What made me pull back was that tweet where she talked about how she perceives people's calls. That is not a good in my own book.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by afadi2410: 10:13am On Nov 17, 2022
bestdudes:
Lmao.. you are funny. So point out where I made a mistake and the girls are not at fault?

Did I ask them for sex or ask them for anything? What will it cost a grown-up adult to be decent in their engagement? At my age? At my age, I would leave any girl alone as soon as I see any indecent attitude or red flag.

Maybe you are the kind that tries to convince yourself that "it is not a problem, continue to try your luck and gets disrespected even further"

Gerrraheree mien

But ops,I see no problems with these girls, check yourself bro

1 Like

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by Geovanni412(m): 10:14am On Nov 17, 2022
bestdudes:

Gerrraheree mien

Hmm, calm down. The third lady did nothing wrong. Everybody seeks out people for a purpose - love, friendship or business. She sought you out for business - your job was to convert her into a paying client or refer her to someone else.
Op, the first lady , na you cause the issue. She had already friendzoned you teh teh. You waited one full year to ask for phone number of a girl, na Dangote daughter she be, haba!
The second lady might have meant her comment differently from the way you interpreted it. She might have been suggesting to you that she is looking for someone to pay her bride price and settle down quickly. She probably wanted you to be direct as to what you want.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by qtguru(m): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2022
NoToPile:

Lool first thing that came to my mind was the bolded.

I can't imagine waking up to be creating topics about women daily. maybe drugs sha but not women grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by bestdudes: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2022
afadi2410:

But ops,I see no problems with these girls, check yourself bro
Take my advise: Never force yourself on any girl that isn't showing any sign of making effort. I have been through that road before and so if I have chosen to run away at the slightest revelation, it is for my own good. I do not have energy to persuade a girl anymore. None... nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by bestdudes: 10:19am On Nov 17, 2022
Geovanni412:

Hmm, calm down. The third lady did nothing wrong. Everybody seeks out people for a purpose - love, friendship or business. She sought you out for business - your job was to convert her into a paying client or refer her to someone else.
Op, the first lady , na you cause the issue. She had already friendzoned you teh teh. You waited one full year to ask for phone number of a girl, na Dangote daughter she be, haba!
LOL... and you think she does not have over 10 guys in her DM? So why do you think I should make effort beyond what I have done? I would rather try harder with a girl offline than a girl I met online.

Also, read where i said it was on and off thing. That 1 year na just 4 times we chat.

1 Like

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by blesdman(m): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2022
bestdudes:

Let's move on

I like the ending: IT IS NOT POSSIBLE

1 Like

Re: Why I Walked Away From 3 Ladies I Had Interest In. by stormborn28(m): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2022
bestdudes:

Let's move on

My brother you know lie.. I support you 100%

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Good Friend Has Slept With The Girl I Want To Marry, What Should I Do?‎ / Love Letter To My Queen (picture Added) / Pre-wedding: We Met Through Her Mum Three Years Later And Now A Date Fixed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.