Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) (54882 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by iJhoe(m): 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
chidoziepeter:
even with this affordable amount some are still single shouting "owo da " at every bus stop and be looking for who to rape at every slightest opportunity, from there the person has automatically becomes their "Iyawo mi ni o"

Come'on don't be ridiculous!!

You make it seem like it's only the Yorubas that are Agbero.

Just because you live in another person's land as afforded you by the natives, when even you literally don't afford them the same.

Now, that you are grown with to know how they behave positively and negatively, which isn't any different from how others behave in their clime.

Every tribes have those quirks, don't make it seem extraordinary than it already seems

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by iJhoe(m): 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
iJhoe:

Come'on don't be ridiculous!!

You make it seem like it's only the Yorubas that are Agbero.

Just because you live in another person's land as afforded you by the natives, when even you literally don't afford them the same.

Now, that you are grown with them to know how they behave positively and negatively, which isn't any different from how others behave in their clime.

Every tribes have those quirks, don't make it seem extraordinary than it already seems
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
Truthisunique2:
you guys are using this thread to sell una.women

But una women no.dey fine that's the problem, I am not igbo. O
there's no proof he's yoruba, you bigot. Tell me tribe you come from and let's see if they can touch yoruba women in anything in life? I hope you're not Edo sha?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by LegalWolf: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
9gerian:
Correct.

It is marriage between 2 growing adults usually, and not occasion for poverty alleviation for the families and neighbors.

Did anybody offend you grin ? Why fire missiles just like that

2 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
MessiahMARLIANS:
Wonderful.

I'm from The Yoruba Part of Nigeria too.

However; As an Agricultural Journalistic Entertainment Tourist (AJET); I Travelled Down To Cross River State and Have Settled in Ekori, Yakurr Local Government Area for about 2 Years since I left The Year 2020 EndSars Protest in Ikeja, Lagos State.

To The Glory of God Almighty;

I'll be getting Married To My Bossom and Missing Rib Whom I Met This Year as an MTN Customer Care Representative when i went to retrieve my line at The MTN Office in UGEP Town.

We will be getting married Next Weekend - December 9, 10; 202.

All Nairalanders are invited grin

As a teacher on Nairaland; She's now a nairalander too...and I'm teaching her to teach other people on Nairaland How to bank "Customer Care Representative" Jobs with Brands and Top Companies.

(For Your Information; UGEP is The Town That Yearly Host "MISS LEBOKU" which is One of The Paramount Rural Tourism Attractions for Business Initiators and Investment Tourist.

My Present Wife-To-Be attended to me very respectfully, selflessly and sacrificially like MTN was Her Papa's Office.

And Since I loved her selflessness and respectful manners - Somehow Today; The rest is HISTORY.

Below is The Bride Price Provided to me from her family.

This is exactly what is obtainable in The South-South; Precisely UGEP.

there's nothing like yoruba part of Nigeria, yoruba is an ethnic nation, are you Yoruba or not?

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nwatachoba1:

We no dey complain na

Abi with all these you said, igbos are still getting married yearly

Na why when igbo men marry, they treat their wives with utmost respect and all, yoruba men(some tend to treat their wives like piece of trash and can just send her back to her father's house any minute and quickly remarry or marry more than 5 wives)

Respect your culture and traditions and respect others way of life. Uche onye adiro njo na anya ya
what irony lol, I lived in the east for sometime, those ibo buyers sorry husbands treat their wives as shit and many of them can't even go back home because they've been sold by their parents.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by rickleye: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
I think they forgot to add 0 to those numbers.
I give someone N5k nowadays they look me like I dey craze. Talkless of marriage
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by josilcool(m): 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2022
My father-in-law refused to give me list, he only told me to bring necessary things, he said since you are Yoruba you should know what to bring, even when my family insisted the man no gree give me ooo.. very nice man! That man na my second daddy, I will never forget him

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by toprealman: 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Billgatessecond:

See why I say we yorubas are the best . If it's an Igbo guy who created this thread I am sure he created it to bash yorubas .. an average man can afford all this things besides it will be given back .. see Igbo man list o boy u go run
Hate kills!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Pathfinder2090: 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Billgatessecond:

See why I say we yorubas are the best . If it's an Igbo guy who created this thread I am sure he created it to bash yorubas .. an average man can afford all this things besides it will be given back .. see Igbo man list o boy u go run

Shut up
Can’t you just make your point without mentioning Igbo?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Malawian:
After that, Igbo guys go dey chop the wifes and pay for the wife to eat food bah? Lazy Yoruba yoots.
what do you mean
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by perdollar(m): 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2022
As a Nwafor! Tnk God I married a Yoruba woman. Look for d good ones n marry, especially d Yoruba christians, they r too good. Even d list I was given was too cheap. It was like getting a B2 bomber at a cheap price

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by babaoo: 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2022
I be Yoruba man trying to marry a delta woman,though the list there give me is quite ok but the problem with the list, is the part where there say I have to dress the bride's father and mother.i still have to provide for the food there will give their visitors.
I can't go market to buy any how cloth,there have already stated type of cloth and material.how will I dress my wife to be family and not dress mine..
My family is not a big family,infact I go hardly see 20pple to come including my own frienda but my wife family dey demand for cow already for their visitors.. Their daughter is not working presently and trying to tell them to let us invest the money on their daughter but na the bride's price there all focus on which I don't have a problem with but I just don't see myself wasting close to 2mil because I wan marry.. I no love anybody reach dat level,na legit work I dey do,I can't save up and waste it in party...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by cjudy(m): 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is an authentic Yoruba marriage rite list given to the groom's family. That dowry will be returned officially to prove that they are not selling their daughter and not in debt in the event the groom's family fail to keep their word to take care of their bride.

When done lying tell me

3 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Ndialayou: 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
50 yams...?

wow
Yes 50,they would later reduce it to 32
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by almarthins(m): 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.

Very mild. Make we go akw ibom, rivers abeg no quote me o
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by tiswell(m): 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2022
LogicBomb8:
4 basket of pepper missing
vawulence grin
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Taich(m): 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.

Nice List
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by tiswell(m): 1:33pm On Dec 01, 2022
grin
drizslim:
All these for her to come to my house and wreck me with undiluted pepper
cheesy
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:33pm On Dec 01, 2022
babaoo:
I be Yoruba man trying to marry a delta woman,though the list there give me is quite ok but the problem with the list, is the part where there say I have to dress the bride's father and mother.i still have to provide for the food there will give their visitors.
I can't go market to buy any how cloth,there have already stated type of cloth and material.how will I dress my wife to be family and not dress mine..
My family is not a big family,infact I go hardly see 20pple to come including my own frienda but my wife family dey demand for cow already for their visitors.. Their daughter is not working presently and trying to tell them to let us invest the money on their daughter but na the bride's price there all focus on which I don't have a problem with but I just don't see myself wasting close to 2mil because I wan marry.. I no love anybody reach dat level,na legit work I dey do,I can't save up and waste it in party...
Idk why you people don't consider tribe before marrying.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Allisgud: 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2022
gonkin:
Now compare it to one i saw online some months ago on nairaland. I believe it should be cross river
this one drunken family ogogoro community,wetin vex me for the list eh,u will still settle community youth who may have smash her with 25k grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by tiswell(m): 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2022
mceze:

Not true. It depends on family. My wife is from Imo, I spent less than 200k. I can say that I am very lucky.
200k for a non virgin shocked?
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by CodeTemplar: 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is an authentic Yoruba marriage rite list given to the groom's family. That dowry will be returned officially to prove that they are not selling their daughter and not in debt in the event the groom's family fail to keep their word to take care of their bride.
Your first sensible post I am seeing.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Hpesoj: 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is an authentic Yoruba marriage rite list given to the groom's family. That dowry will be returned officially to prove that they are not selling their daughter and not in debt in the event the groom's family fail to keep their word to take care of their bride .

True. But my dad said he may decide not to return the dowry as it is optional. Also, female goat is missing in the list. My aunt's family requested female goat from the family of my cousins. It is said that the goat symbolize fertility.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by MessiahMARLIANS: 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
BanyXchi:
there's nothing like yoruba part of Nigeria, yoruba is an ethnic nation, are you Yoruba or not?

"Yoruba" means "Y'ariba" and it is what the Northern Rulers refer The "OMOLUABIs" as.

The word "Yoruba" means "Slaves".

So, if your question is if I am a "Yoruba" (Slave) ?....

My Response is:

" No, I am not."

OMOLUABI ni mi.

And Yes; I am from The South-Western (Yoruba Part) of Nigeria.

The So-called Yoruba people aren't the only Southern Westerners.

History is your Tool To Knowing Thyself.

And Yes; "Words are Powerful".

You are what you call yourself.

I'm no slave.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Buhari4sale: 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2022
You don dey knack am na... So what's the white handkerchief for? Didn't you discuss that with the parents?

MessiahMARLIANS:
Wonderful.

I'm from The Yoruba Part of Nigeria too.

However; As an Agricultural Journalistic Entertainment Tourist (AJET); I Travelled Down To Cross River State and Have Settled in Ekori, Yakurr Local Government Area for about 2 Years since I left The Year 2020 EndSars Protest in Ikeja, Lagos State.

To The Glory of God Almighty;

I'll be getting Married To My Bossom and Missing Rib Whom I Met This Year as an MTN Customer Care Representative when i went to retrieve my line at The MTN Office in UGEP Town.

We will be getting married Next Weekend - December 9, 10; 202.

All Nairalanders are invited grin

As a teacher on Nairaland; She's now a nairalander too...and I'm teaching her to teach other people on Nairaland How to bank "Customer Care Representative" Jobs with Brands and Top Companies.

(For Your Information; UGEP is The Town That Yearly Host "MISS LEBOKU" which is One of The Paramount Rural Tourism Attractions for Business Initiators and Investment Tourist.

My Present Wife-To-Be attended to me very respectfully, selflessly and sacrificially like MTN was Her Papa's Office.

And Since I loved her selflessness and respectful manners - Somehow Today; The rest is HISTORY.

Below is The Bride Price Provided to me from her family.

This is exactly what is obtainable in The South-South; Precisely UGEP.

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by AreaFada2: 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nyanabo:
Original bride price are really not expensive, in any part of the country. We are the ones that wants to be the talk of the community and how well we spent money on the traditional marriage.

True. Things like English hot, sewing machine, deep freezer, Rolls of Benson and Hedges and so on, when did they become traditional items? grin cheesy

All these modern additions nor too follow.

Yes, culture evolves but it should be positive.

There are areas in 9ja where marriage is even pocket-friendlier than the SW list. Many parts of Edo for example. Bride Price is like N24 as in 24 Naira. Even if the groom brings 100k or 1m as bride price, bride's family will take N24 and return the balance to the groom.

It goes back to the era with the belief that just having money doesn't necessarily make you a good husband, father or in-law. Also marriage is a long race. How you persevere as a man to sustain your new family, look after our daughter, cherish her and her kids long term are far more important. Not like buying a cattle one day and up to you what you do with it.

3 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Longnthick(m): 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:

Note:

5. It is negotiable.

What will the guest invited or those attending the ceremony eat, is it the 50 tubers of yam? Abi na the Wife family go cook food for the Marriage!!

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Latty88(f): 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
Okealaaye:

LIAR! Yoruba don't accept bride price back! In most cases in contemporary times they don't even accept it. The Yoruba hate to be seen as selling their daughters off.

What is the difference between what I wrote and what you wrote? The main point is bride price is mostly not accepted amongst the yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by stanbright(m): 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nostring:
carry your nzogbu nzogbu way of life Comot the nice thread undecided
But why did you mention Igbo?is Igbo the only tribe in Nigeria.Or did anybody complain to you about Igbo bride price.If Igbo pride price expensive marry another tribe as simple as that,nobody wants you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by MessiahMARLIANS: 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
Buhari4sale:
You don dey knack am na... So what's the white handkerchief for? Didn't you discuss that with the parents?

No, I don't do domestic violence.

"I cannot knack my wife-to-be."

"Over",

I repeat:

"I cannot knack my wife-to-be".

"Over".

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Jjjustice(m): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
Wow. So it's cheaper to get married in Yoruba land than to graduate from omose? Going by the omose graduation list I saw can get you 5 wives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back / Slaying In Chaos! Mom Dresses Up In Lingerie With Her 4 Demanding Kids / Mother-of-four Battered By Her Husband After He Took Another Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.