Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) (54875 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by stanbright(m): 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2022
Mercury12:

Yoruba haters will pretends they didn't read this... Hahaha
They are already having high BP on Yoruba matter. All they know how to do is frustrate someone son that wants to marry their daughter, sister,aunty, neighbor. Hahaha
But Igbo girls da marry always.If you don’t have money marry another tribe,stop ranting here unnecessarily

5 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by SmartMen: 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2022
Billgatessecond:

See why I say we yorubas are the best . If it's an Igbo guy who created this thread I am sure he created it to bash yorubas .. an average man can afford all this things besides it will be given back .. see Igbo man list o boy u go run
Igbos are not the only tribe in Nigeria. You could have just commented on the list and moved the furk on.

I am an Igbo guy but the problem I usually have with many of you is that YOU ARE SO LIMITED to your environment... TRAVEL THE FURK OUT for heaven's sake. Akwa Ibom list will shock you to your marrows....

What are all these we vs them attitudes every time? I hate it to my stomach. If you have traveled wide enough you would have known there are other cultures with a high list...

If YOU have traveled wide, you would have also known, like it was stated in this thread, all these are negotiable in other places..

Lastly, if you cannot afford stuff, please find the one your power carry and let everyone live in peace.

A female friend told me how her Yoruba ex left her by bringing some useless tribalism into their affair just to end the relationship. The only thing I could deduce is that the guys folks saw her as an Igbo person even when she is an Edo lady.

Go and sleep abeg..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Djbush: 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2022
Look at the filthy shit some of you guys are spilling all in the name of tribe.

Yoruba this, Igbo that. Nonsense!

In Nigeria, there are only 2 tribes. Viz Rich and Poor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by EdwardRandy(m): 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Slaves....

The best and your strongest Oba was buried like trash because of imported religion... if you don't mention Igbo,nepa no go bring light for your house.

Ndi ala
I swear, I was wondering why the idiot mentioned igbo on top matter wey no concern us. I wonder why most tribes in this country dread/fear/hate us. I feel bad about it sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Denoh68: 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
BRO SHUT THE HELL UP, I AM IGBO FROM AROCHUKWU,I AM CURRENTLY LIVING WITH MY PASTOR WHO IS A YORUBA MAN,MY ONLY BROTHER IS MARRIED TO YORUBA WOMAN.MY FRIEND TOSIN, A YORUBA PASTOR MARRIED AN IGBO GIRL FROM IMO,I WAS WITH HIM FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE LAST DAY.MARRIAGE THING DEPENDS ON FAMILY.TOSIN DIDN'T SPEND UP TO 100K,IF YOU WANT CHAT ME UP ON WHATSAPP 07084902573 I WILL SEND YOU THE PICS AND VIDEOS, NO DRINKS,NO CANOPIES,NO ASO EBI,NO GOOD FOOD SEF.WHEN THE WOMAN WAS SICK THE FAMILY PAID ALL HER BILLS,TILL DATE PASTOR TOSIN DOESN'T HAVE A JOB THE GIRL'S FAMILY STILL FEED TOSIN AND THEIR DAUGHTER.
TemmyDayo50:
I'm really proud of we yorubas in this aspect... I can remember during my elder sis wedding, we made things just too easy for the groom.. No stress and unnecessary bills on him... Infact, he'd already have the sense of these people not selling their daughter....

Fast forward to 2022, I impregnated an Igbo lady.. I reason am say make I kuku tie knot with her... The bills these people put on me alone mehn, I was shocked... I tot it was just exaggeration that igbos traditional rites is expensive... That shit got me so pissed like are u guys trying to fucking sell your daughter... I realised they don't even care about if you really want to take care of their daughter or not... All they care about is that list and the exorbitant unnecessary things on the list... Las Las, it discouraged me totally...

No love from those people at all... Well, maybe it's just how that particular family is wired!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
MessiahMARLIANS:

"Yoruba" means "Y'ariba" and it is what the Northern Rulers refer The "OMOLUABIs" as.

The word "Yoruba" means "Slaves".

So, if your question is if I am a "Yoruba" (Slave) ?....

My Response is:

" No, I am not."

OMOLUABI ni mi.

And Yes; I am from The South-Western (Yoruba Part) of Nigeria.

The So-called Yoruba people aren't the only Southern Westerners.

History is your Tool To Knowing Thyself.

And Yes; "Words are Powerful".

You are what you call yourself.

I'm no slave.

the word yoruba comes from the word oori oba used for the Oyo people during the Oyo empire, it was found in a Mali manuscript as far back as the 16th century, check it on google yourself. Don't be a ignoramus calling yoruba slaves, yoruba are no slaves to anyone, Yorubas are the only Southwesterners but we are not limited to SW, we are spread across several African countries.

Yoruba means absolutely nothing in Hausa or fulani languages.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Fidelarinze9(m): 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
This is great, I commend the yourubas on this one

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Buhari4sale: 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
MessiahMARLIANS:

No, I don't do domestic violence.

"I cannot knack my wife-to-be."

"Over",

I repeat:

"I cannot knack my wife-to-be".

"Over".

Smiles but you've inserted your d1ck into her precious county where your unborn children would come through right?
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by ContinuousTortu: 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
MessiahMARLIANS:

"Yoruba" means "Y'ariba" and it is what the Northern Rulers refer The "OMOLUABIs" as.

The word "Yoruba" means "Slaves".

So, if your question is if I am a "Yoruba" (Slave) ?....

My Response is:

" No, I am not."

OMOLUABI ni mi.

And Yes; I am from The South-Western (Yoruba Part) of Nigeria.

The So-called Yoruba people aren't the only Southern Westerners.

History is your Tool To Knowing Thyself.

And Yes; "Words are Powerful".

You are what you call yourself.

I'm no slave.

savagery but knowledgeable
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Denoh68: 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
OGA,YOU TOO DEY LIE,WE DON'T TREAT OUR WOMEN LIKE SHIT YOU DON'T PICK A WOMAN JUST LIKE THAT AND BEGIN TO LITTER AGBEROS EVERYWHERE LIKE THE YORUBAS DO.GET SENSE MAKE HATE NO KILL YOU
BanyXchi:
what irony lol, I lived in the east for sometime, those ibo buyers sorry husbands treat their wives as shit and many of them can't even go back home because they've been sold by their parents.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by stanbright(m): 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.
why their women list go expensive,when them ugly like Dracula
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
No wonder a typical yoruba woman marry or born for up to 3 men in their lifetime.

Shameful
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by MessiahMARLIANS: 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
ContinuousTortu:

"Knowledge is Savage", King.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Buhari4sale: 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
Denoh68:
BRO SHUT THE HELL UP, I AM IGBO FROM AROCHUKWU,I AM CURRENTLY LIVING WITH MY PASTOR WHO IS A YORUBA MAN,MY ONLY BROTHER IS MARRIED TO YORUBA WOMAN.MY FRIEND TOSIN, A YORUBA PASTOR MARRIED AN IGBO GIRL FROM IMO,I WAS WITH HIM FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE LAST DAY.MARRIAGE THING DEPENDS ON FAMILY.TOSIN DIDN'T SPEND UP TO 100K,IF YOU WANT CHAT ME UP ON WHATSAPP 07084902573 I WILL SEND YOU THE PICS AND VIDEOS, NO DRINKS,NO CANOPIES,NO ASO EBI,NO GOOD FOOD SEF.WHEN THE WOMAN WAS SICK THE FAMILY PAID ALL HER BILLS,TILL DATE PASTOR TOSIN DOESN'T HAVE A JOB THE GIRL'S FAMILY STILL FEED TOSIN AND THEIR DAUGHTER.

Tosin needs a DNA.. He's not a true Yoruba son. He's a lazy murder fucker.

He actually married from that family with reasons best known to him which is still the bride price and the whole ceremony flawed without any glit sign. My dear, you too must be looking to marry from a family that will be feeding you?

2 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by sonature1: 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is an authentic Yoruba marriage rite list given to the groom's family. That dowry will be returned officially to prove that they are not selling their daughter and not in debt in the event the groom's family fail to keep their word to take care of their bride.

Yes, many communities in the East return bribe price, but the list is annoyingly outrageous!
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
Check very well that's the list for a girl that has given birth before
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
ContinuousTortu:

nothing knowledgeable about that nonsense, I speak Hausa fluently and it means nothing, same with the Fulah language. That dude is just a clown. Your page shows you're obsessed with Yorubas but you're the type that cries tribalism when they reply you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Odward(m): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
BanyXchi:
and your own marriages last? Your own marriages where you sell your women and they can't even dare go back home when they are oppressed by their buyers sorry husbands.
Mumu shut up.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Buhari4sale: 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:
No wonder a typical yoruba woman marry or born for up to 3 men in their lifetime.

Shameful

Life isn't balance.. Those Yoruba women refuse to giveup no matter how tough the challenges are. They still try their best to make it to the limelight, This is the reason why people are able to know them and who they really are especially their love life and what they have experienced in life but I think most igbos that gave birth to three or more men usually end up in village.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by ContinuousTortu: 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2022
BanyXchi:
nothing knowledgeable about that nonsense, I speak Hausa fluently and it means nothing, same with the Fulah language. That dude is just a clown. Your page shows you're obsessed with Yorubas but you're the type that cries tribalism when they reply you.

you folks started the shit, I only returned the favour. you act like the victim when caught, when you clearly know you are the perp.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Buhari4sale: 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2022
Odward:

Mumu shut up.

Protect your heart from hypertension please.. I sense high blood pressure

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by shonepa(m): 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
Konti new....u re doing well

Slaves....

The best and your strongest Oba was buried like trash because of imported religion... if you don't mention Igbo,nepa no go bring light for your house.

Ndi ala[/quote]
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by faithfull18(f): 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
It's sweet to be a woman grin
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
stanbright:
why their women list go expensive,when them ugly like Dracula
coming from a Osu miscreant whose women looks like trans men, masculine hairy ape-like degenerates. We don't sell our women here in Yorubaland like other saner climes, unlike your barbaric culture.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Josbreed: 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
So the marriage list is so so so affordable, then why do men pay N50-N100k for one night os seks in the name of whocup? To marry better pass jare. But make nobody try Efik marriage list o. Be warned.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:

Shameful
coming from a Osu miscreant whose women are nothing but machines to your baby factories in your blighted yEast. Leave yoruba women and focus on your women wey full brothel everywhere.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Buhari4sale: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
BanyXchi:
coming from a Osu miscreant whose women looks like trans men, masculine hairy ape-like degenerates. We don't sell our women here in Yorubaland like other saner climes, unlike your barbaric culture.

Remind of him of how Chioma family brought themselves down to yorubaland, in yoruba House for their daughters traditional wedding.. We no dey marry igbos, we buy them as the chief maid

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by ContinuousTortu: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
BanyXchi:

Imma peaceful nigga who loves to have fun, I don't do tribe shit, was going through your comments and you were asking a moniker who should he marry from another tribe.

I see the daily dose of tribalism here, others insulting the Igbo's and make I keep quiet? I don't do tribalism, but you nairalanders decided to uppe the ante, so I had to join the crew as payback.

and I'm not stopping till tribalism is reduced here.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Denoh68: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
THE WAY MY ONLY BROTHER PICKED A YORUBA GIRL FROM OYO,HE HAS NOT EVEN PAID SHISHI AND THE GIRL HAS 3 CHILDREN ALREADY,TUFIAKWA
Wickedfacts:

We don't marry from Igboland, we buy Igbo women. There is a difference.

For example, look at how Davido singlehandedly bought Chioma's entire family. Her family came to Davido's house for trad wedding.

That's how we roll boy
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by supereagle(m): 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.

Odinma!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photo Of Sleeping Fruit Seller And Her Child Goes Viral, Draws Support / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back / Slaying In Chaos! Mom Dresses Up In Lingerie With Her 4 Demanding Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.