Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,344 members, 7,829,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Tales Of A First Date From hell - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tales Of A First Date From hell (11334 Views)

If U Were Asked To Pick A Date From Nairaland, Who Would It Be? / Guys Worst Tribe To Date From?? / A Guy Shift Date From Elder Sister To The Younger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by MrsChima(f): 7:40am On Aug 28, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 28, 2011
Women are too prideful. It's a diva-esque plague sweeping the modern world.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by MrsChima(f): 8:09am On Aug 28, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 28, 2011
Go and sleep. your brain has knocked angry
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by BABE3: 9:31am On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

furthest is a word dear, and if you think its pointless then what does that make you for responding? please its not by force hunny xx

It's not a matter of furthest being a word. In the context of your post, you ought to have used "Farthest" instead on "Furthest". Farthest is used to comare Physical distance, while Furthest is used for the non-physical.

violent:

haha, the joke is on you for being lousy and not knowing "furthest" is an English word!. . gosh, the sad loss of attending a cheap school!

**Sighs** Now the joke is on you.

@Topic: You get mind sha. How long have you known the dude? You con follow him enter car go chinese-- What if he had blown Valium powder on your face on your way back home?

How was the date with the Igbo boy?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2011
furthest : superlative of far
Adverb: At, to, or by a great distance (used to indicate the extent to which one thing is distant from another): "it was not too far away".

I believe you can use either and quite frankly considering the appauling english i see in most threads i really am not bothered. If you wanna debate the validity of my usage of furthest please start another thread in the grammar section

Anyhoo like i said known the guy a few years from uni in ghana and have a number of mutual friends. He picked me up from our family office and i told my parents who exactly i was going with. I'm not a muppet or a randy 12 year old sneaking out with men.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by holusormi(m): 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2011
dis 190 guy is sooo funny,, 190smh, i gbadun u dieeeee,u have developed a wide spectrum of answers to pples foolish posts and queshuns! in short, ur next bottle of beer is on me,lolz, emm, sexkills ow far naa? Bros,ur strategy no dey work ooo,me knowz u are trying to impress dat uju(food pikin)gal buh my crystal ball shows me that uju is already falling for the most venerable 190smh.in short ask em gals, dey prefer guys like 190 to dundee wussies like uuuu.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by natddon(m): 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1,
ur story too dey vauge, wetin exactly happen.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2011
natddon:

uju_1,
your story too dey vauge, wetin exactly happen.

didn't wanna type a sermon so just gave the main facts, what else do u wanna know?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Wislet(f): 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2011
holusormi:

dis 190 guy is sooo funny,,  190smh, i gbadun u dieeeee,u have developed a wide spectrum of answers to pples foolish posts and queshuns! in short, your next bottle of beer is on me,lolz,  emm, sexkills ow far naa? Bros,your strategy no dey work ooo,me knowz u are trying to impress dat uju(food pikin)gal buh my crystal ball shows me that uju is already falling for the most venerable 190smh.in short ask em gals, dey prefer guys like 190 to dundee wussies like uuuu.
Hehehe. Na true. But she com late oo. I don dey eye dat 'boy' since. Lmao. Just dat im com dey luk for pikin before december. Clown :-D
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by JUO(m): 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2011
no go marry make u begin make babies, dey there dey fine date
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Wislet(f): 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2011
JUO:

lol! How she go find Mr Right naa?
@uju, so wat abt de 2nd guy's tale?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by jerryben12: 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2011
Nonesense girl! You are going about looking for men to buy you lunch and dinner all in the name of date~! You will soon be the one buying HIV medications for yourself. Do you think you will know a man by him taking you to the restaurant? The food will make you not to see the real him. You are suppose to have him meet you in a park or have him pick you up from work and drive you homewhere you can ask him heart felt questions with meanings. Next, find people that knows him and get facts. Life is too short to be wasting hours being deceived in the restaurant. At the end of the restaurant journey, which may take months you will be in his bed and the next day, you are being kicked out. Goat! Cow!! No Shame! Its not just tale of a first date in hell, it will soon be you in hell! All you poor things forming as if you don't go to toilet, you are the cause of broken homes because you refuse to see far.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2011
JUO:

-__- thanks for ur concern.  Good luck to all those marrying at 22, as for me I'm not looking for 'mr right now' just looking for someone to build a loving relationship that can go all the way to old age based on a beautiful friendship and common goals.

Wislet:

lol! How she go find Mr Right naa?
@uju, so wat abt de 2nd guy's tale?

Help me tell them oh!

as for the igbo guy, just got home from church getting ready, we're going to lunch he's picking me up at 2.30.  He knows my family very well and our parents are friends so he will probably come early to jist with his people. should be fun and very relaxed! We're going to a resort that sells all kinds of food and i'm really craving some yam and egg, my fave sunday food  grin
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Ralphjoe(m): 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2011
@op, next time be careful of guys u go out with, boys shuld be an exception, mature men are d real deal. kiss
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by natddon(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2011
send me a mail n i'll giv u gud tips
nathaniel.c.egwaoje@firstbanknigeria.com
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2011
jerryben12:

Nonesense girl! You are going about looking for men to buy you lunch and dinner all in the name of date~! You will soon be the one buying HIV medications for yourself. Do you think you will know a man by him taking you to the restaurant? The food will make you not to see the real him. You are suppose make him meet you in a park where you can ask him heart felt questions with meanings. Next, find people that knows him and get facts. Life is too short to be wasting hours being deceived in the restaurant. At the end of the restaurant journey, which may take months you will be in his bed and the next day, you are being kicked out.

hahaha very funny. i pray your sisters and daugters will not go carry aids.  Anyway I'm from a good home and don't get down like that.  As for park, this na naija no be jand or yankee weh u go see park siddon abegi go sleep this is sunday so i will forgive ur foolishness.

Even when I go out with girlfriends we go to lunch, dinner, drinks, we can talk over food or drinks its comfortable and open as opposed to babes who go to a guys house in the name of dating. Naija is quite limited for dating venues, I'm not a fan of cinema till I know someone well. And this is not about getting free meals I can afford food I have a job and if I want to go chop lobster for Paris first na to tell my popsy i dey stressed for naija and i need some rest, perks of being the only daughter  grin please freeeeeeeeeeee me abeg!!!
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2011
natddon:

-____- ummm,

Ralphjoe:

@op, next time be careful of guys u go out with, boys shuld be an exception, mature men are d real deal. kiss

-___- umm,
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by natddon(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2011
a very lengthy mail, no holds barred
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Wislet(f): 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2011
natddon:

lol. Dis one don dey find free wife?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by violent(m): 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2011
It's not a matter of furthest being a word. In the context of your post, you ought to have used "Farthest" instead on "Furthest". Farthest is used to comare Physical distance, while Furthest is used for the non-physical.

Both are actually used interchangeably.  There are no laid down rules on which is more appropriate!

The farther you walk, the further you get

The further you walk, the farther you get

English shouldn't have to be a pain in the bum!
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2011
natddon:

a very lengthy mail, no holds barred

don't think you should be sharing your company email online, not very professional. Anyway I dont really have anything to email you about, sorry oh!  undecided
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2011
violent:

Both are actually used interchangeably.  There are no laid down rules on which is more appropriate!

The farther you walk, the further you get

The further you walk, the farther you get

English shouldn't have to be a pain in the bum!

Word! dont mind them 'english scholars', na we no go school abi? kmt. thanks for clarifying this dear smiley
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by snazzydawn(f): 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
Reading through some replies and I cringe in disgust at the foolishness of some people! Whatever happened to being gentlemanly? You take a woman out and expect her to kiss you on the first date just because you bought her a plate of food.  Some men just make me sick! None of you is apportioning any blame on the man who by all standards lacks manners and is sadly,a reflection of 80% of our Nigerian men,y'all are blaming the lady. Uju, I blame you for not slapping the he- goat,that's what I would have done. So people think because you're single, you should allow anyone to ride rough shod over you.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Wislet(f): 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

don't think you should be sharing your company email online,  not very professional. Anyway I dont really have anything to email you about, sorry oh!  undecided
lol. Company email ke? Dat's his personal email he uses to deceive gullible women. LOL.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by snazzydawn(f): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2011
and oh, English profs, it's called 'free variation' in Linguistics, can be used interchangeably.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ snazzy

In fact when I told my mother that I almost slapped him she said 'oya get in your car drive to his office and slap him then' loooooooooooool she wants their security to beat me abi.

Its a shame once you miss ur moment to slap someone you can never get it back grin
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by orbaxy(m): 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

undecided undecided undecided undecided

sexkillz:

And HEY! undecided The OP posted her story and ASKED for opinions! undecided If NONE of you HALF BAKED ROMANTICS spewing thrash on this thread has any thing positive to contribute, why dont you ALL SHUT THA F[b]U[/b]CK UP, and go look for a THREAD that suits your SARDONIC, PATHETIC and MORONIC responses! undecided DAMN HYPOCRITES! undecided

Am beginning to think 190 was right about you undecided
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2011
the thread's title is very misleading; one would have thought that the first date ended up being an armed robbery operation - in which she was forced to partake. BTW do people still do this 'date' thing? Na wah oh.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2011
pro01:

the thread's title is very misleading; one would have thought that the first date ended up being an armed robbery operation - in which she was forced to partake. BTW do people still do this 'date' thing? Na wah oh.

no people don't date they meet and get married the next day -________-

I know this story is not as dramatic as some of the ones you see on NL, but thats because people have overactive imaginations and I dont have time to formulate stories for peoples entertainment, for me it was from hell because d guy was driving like a madman and nearly killed me and then had the effrontery to pucker up in my direction #epicfail
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ Uju

Slapping a man is not the best thing for a woman to do.
My advice:  never ever slap a man in your life. It is not worth it.

Words of an elder
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2011
Firearm:

@ Uju

Slapping a man is not the best thing for a woman to do.
My advice:  never ever slap a man in your life. It is not worth it.

Words of an elder

lol yes sir, i don hear. I haven't had to slap someone yet this is the closest I have gotten, My brother says if a girl slaps him she must marry him i.e only his wife can slap him and i guess he would have to do something really bad for her to do such.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cheating Wife. Advise Needed / See How Nigerian Men Reacted On Seeing An Unclad South African Lady / Nyash Experts In The House Please Help Me Assess This My Arse (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.