Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Tales Of A First Date From hell - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tales Of A First Date From hell (11332 Views)

If U Were Asked To Pick A Date From Nairaland, Who Would It Be? / Guys Worst Tribe To Date From?? / A Guy Shift Date From Elder Sister To The Younger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2011
Good u haven't slapped anyone yet

Just be careful the type of people u go out with. Some guys are just unbelievable
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Ralphjoe(m): 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2011
The guy miss it all by putting up that kind of behaviour, it was all due to impatient, dat's y i still maintain my stand that matured guy/men lyk me are the real deal.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 76Naira(m): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2011
Number 1, Seems you guys are not friends. Your friend would know the right time to try the kiss.
Number 2, "Your driver, small madam" but you call the gate man uncle, Sort this out. It doesn't add up
Number 3, Its a free world, You can chose a very simple place for a 1st date, its more about observations & less about FOOD.
Number 4, Before he started the call or while he was on the phone where you fixated on your BB? Pls be sincere
Number 5, You are already lined up for another guy. You seem to be available & in a hurry. Take some time to know people.
Number 6, It doesn't have to be a joint or the movies to have fun, It can be a friend's wedding or something else.
Number 7, Take it easy, be smart, what is your goal in all this? If its just food, you have it at home.

Bye,
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 27naira(m): 2:57pm On Aug 28, 2011
76Naira:

Number 1, Seems you guys are not friends. Your friend would know the right time to try the kiss.
Number 2, "Your driver, small madam" but you call the gate man uncle, Sort this out. It doesn't add up
Number 3, Its a free world, You can chose a very simple place for a 1st date, its more about observations & less about FOOD.
Number 4, Before he started the call or while he was on the phone where you fixated on your BB? Pls be sincere
Number 5, You are already lined up for another guy. You seem to be available & in a hurry. Take some time to know people.
Number 6, It doesn't have to be a joint or the movies to have fun, It can be a friend's wedding or something else.
Number 7, Take it easy, be smart, what is your goal in all this? If its just food, you have it at home.

Bye,

^^^ angry angry angry who are you?? angry angry
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by ljila(f): 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2011
76Naira:

Bye,

Number 1: I agree but there are exceptions to every rule.
Number 2: Do you know if the driver was recently hired, or if she's older than him? Do you know if the gate man has been her parents employee for very long (before she was born), or if he is way old? Things are not always the way we see them oo. smiley
Number 3: She didn't choose, he did. Its a widely held belief i suppose that first impression on a date counts, so forgive the OP for expecting more of an effort, duh (isn't there a smiley for being sarcastic grin)
Number 4: Do you know if she's got a BB? Also, what's wrong with going on it supposing she has one. She's keeping herself busy, innit? Should she be staring at his face, the road or something else whilst he was ignoring her
Number 5: If you read her posts, she knew both of the guys before hand. The first one from Uni and the current one, is a friend of the family.
GOSH, some peeps have a know-it -all attitude ooo, I'll let you off cos it might have been an oversight on your part wink
Number 6: True smiley but the date was on a weekday i suppose because he picked her from the office.
Number 7: Seriously Isn't refusing to kiss him taking it easy food? wt?

@ OP. Good luck with your date smiley
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by EEVICTOREE(m): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2011
ljila:

Number 1: I agree but there are exceptions to every rule.
Number 2: Do you know if the driver was recently hired, or if she's older than him? Do you know if the gate man has been her parents employee for very long (before she was born), or if he is way old? Things are not always the way we see them oo. smiley
Number 3: She didn't choose, he did. Its a widely held belief i suppose that first impression on a date counts, so forgive the OP for expecting more of an effort, duh (isn't there a smiley for being sarcastic grin)
Number 4: Do you know if she's got a BB? Also, what's wrong with going on it supposing she has one. She's keeping herself busy, innit? Should she be staring at his face, the road or something else whilst he was ignoring her
Number 5: If you read her posts, she knew both of the guys before hand. The first one from Uni and the current one, is a friend of the family.
GOSH, some peeps have a know-it -all attitude ooo, I'll let you off cos it might have been an oversight on your part wink
Number 6: True smiley but the date was on a weekday i suppose because he picked her from the office.
Number 7: Seriously Isn't refusing to kiss him taking it easy food? wt?

@ OP. Good luck with your date smiley

interesting
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 76Naira(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2011
Try to know more before you put yourself at risk. Jokes or no jokes.
Sad stories come from not knowing well. Look before you leap , especially as a lady.
I maintain my position, she didn't know this guy well.

Hope you know my Igbo brother well enough before the Nkwobi date?
Enjoy,
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by BABE3: 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2011
violent:

Both are actually used interchangeably.  There are no laid down rules on which is more appropriate!
The farther you walk, the further you get
The further you walk, the farther you get
English shouldn't have to be a pain in the bum!

Go on soun. People are so caught up in their own little knowledge world, that they find it hard to learn and get with the program. It's the 21st century darling. The two words are quite different. Not everyone knows this, because it's one of those common grammatical mistakes. Again, in the OP's context, Farthest is more appropriate.
Stop misleading Aunty Uju.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2011
Ujujoan and her "dates". grin
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by premechaz: 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2011
SO Nigerians now go for dates at Chinese restaurants?

And this guy works for an oil company?

Very uncivilized people and yet them go wan dey form say dem sabi. Thank God I am out of the hell hole

Date at a Chinese restaurant and these ashawo OP isnt even complaining about that. Lemme guess, the OP, you are fugly!
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Finecat(m): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2011
Atleast you got a date. Yet you are complain, how many of your friends has been asked out on a date by "Young, dark, handsome man"? Yeye girl, he took you to chinese place and you still complain. Long throat, i wished he had bought you epa and boli.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by BodyKiss(m): 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2011
Typical Nigerian babe, 4ucking boring.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by premechaz: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2011
BABE! me, dont mind all these ara oko Nigerians.

Very backward and stupiddd people. The OP cant even write, no wonder her date who supposedly works for an oil company took her to a Chinese restaurant to eat dead rats and under-cooked broccoli. lol
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Finecat(m): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2011
BodyKiss:

Typical Nigerian babe, 4ucking boring.

No mind the girl, that is what happens when western TV overtake "tales by moonlight". I wonder if Papa and Mama went to Chinese Restaurant.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by BABE3: 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2011
premechaz:

a Chinese restaurant to eat dead rats and under-cooked broccoli. lol

Buhahahaha---

I laugh in Chinese. No pun intended.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by MAURI: 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ OP,
     How is it going? Fink I know who you are,  lipsrsealed
     Generally, most Nigerians dn't consider it rude and offensive having lenghty telephone conversations while on a
    date. Rude! Rude!!
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Ishilove: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2011
Some people are so mean and nasty. One idiot even had the nerve to call the poster "ashawo". Bloody hypocrites. Half the retards spewing bullcrap on this thread prolly can't afford Chinese while the remaining half most likely behave like the poster's disgusting date. Rubbish
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Finecat(m): 4:29pm On Aug 28, 2011
Ujukokoro!
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by logica(m): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2011
Two things struck me:

1. Date at Chinese restaurant. When did Chinese food become fashionable or a delicacy? I always saw them as fast food (even when it's a buffet). Oh well 2 each his own. I guess when you've eaten Thai food, you know Chinese food is junk.
2. So you actually told your mom about the date, and that he tried to kiss you? All these mama's girls sef.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by premechaz: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2011
Ishilove:

Some people are so mean and nasty. One  even had the nerve to call the poster "ashawo". Bloody hypocrites. [b]Half the retards spewing bullcrap on this thread prolly can't afford Chinese [/b]while the remaining half most likely behave like the poster's disgusting date. Rubbish

You are right. I cant afford a 4 dollar Chinese food. BTW, how is Laspotech working out for ya? Chinese is not as exotic as it sounds. You can do Chinese at home, if you are so desperate to eat one.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by stunna2(m): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

furthest : superlative of far
Adverb: At, to, or by a great distance (used to indicate the extent to which one thing is distant from another): "it was not too far away".

I believe you can use either and quite frankly considering the appauling english i see in most threads i really am not bothered. If you wanna debate the validity of my usage of furthest please start another thread in the grammar section 

Anyhoo like i said[b] known the guy a few years from uni in ghana and have a number of mutual friends. He picked me up from our family office and i told my parents who exactly i was going with. I'm not a muppet or a randy 12 year old sneaking out with men. [/b]

if you wanna know why people's response were rather hostile, you gave us more information about ur status in life oil company worker date, gateman, house help, daddy and mommy's company, his car ur car driver, universities in ghana and on and on and on, so the question is this: if you are liberated enuff to slap a man or wanna do so, why not take an even more advanced and simple approach like this: simply say to the guy, i really would like to go to this and that restaurant, i know or hear it's expensive there but btw the two of us im sure we will be fine, okay - so what do u think?? then wait for response, !

you r not as smart as u think u r because when we should have known a lil more about you the kinds of men u like, this guy and what qualities attracted you to him, instead we know way too much we care to know about your wealth and status none of which is relevant to our ability to judge the situation b4 hand!

im not surprised that he has treated you the way he has because:
1) where a man is willing to take a woman on a 1st date is his direct comment on the woman's worth in his opinion n you going along is also a direct comment on ur personal opinion about ur own worth!

2) please do not try and paint this man to be too bad because the more evil and irresponsible you try to tell us he is the worse the picture u paint of urself and whats important to u becomes -  after all you did not go on a blind date now or did you??

how could you have been so wrong about a man u knew fairly well and even ur parents may have known fairly well Miss??
if you used the so-called 3 Ps to chose ur potential love interests (over 6feet tall, have 6 packs and make 6 figure salary) then y have us here at nairaland try take panadol over the resulting headaches you gonna get, k

now ignore everything i just said and concentrate on the word "JUDGEMENT' as ur only issue,
u may have bad judgement n its not at all surprising seeing how much you talk about ur money in a forum where most of us here do have money

good luck on ur next date ooo!!
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by violent(m): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2011
BABE!:

Go on soun. People are so caught up in their own little knowledge world, that they find it hard to learn and get with the program. It's the 21st century darling. The two words are quite different. Not everyone knows this, because it's one of those common grammatical mistakes. Again, in the OP's context, Farthest is more appropriate.
Stop misleading Aunty Uju.

Below is what Oxford says about the subject matter.  I think you are the one caught up in your own little knowledge world. It's the 21st century darling, we're sweating our [i]a[/i]rses off trying to improve current global literacy rates, coming up with arguments based on what you "think" is right without reference and hoping people could simply "learn and get with the program" is only going to make our efforts drag!

more at; http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/further

Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by logica(m): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2011
premechaz:

Chinese is not as exotic as it sounds.
Some Canadian-Chinese dude told me what we call Chinese food is actually not Chinese at all. I guess you can only get the real thing by going to China. All we get outside of China are basically mass-produced junk/fast food.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Kizilala: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2011
Ishilove:

Some people are so mean and nasty. One  even had the nerve to call the poster "ashawo". Bloody hypocrites. Half the retards spewing bullcrap on this thread prolly can't afford Chinese while the remaining half most likely behave like the poster's disgusting date. Rubbish

Don't mind those idiots.Many Nigerians are just naturally mean and nasty.Morally bankrupt. angry angry angry
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
Why are we nigerians so rude and arrogant ? The young lady was just telling us abt her hell date and all most ppl can do here is to insult her,correct her english, and call her food loving ?
@uju,ma sister I will honestly say maybe u was blinded by his looks,as so u couldnt see these signs b4 going on a date wif that low life !
U need to be careful cause there are a lot of sex hungry guys out there. Be very careful cause good looks can be deceitful.
Ekwusigom.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Lax75(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2011
Lax is SPEECHLESS @ all of the various inputs, advice, insults, grammatical corrections and etc. This NL na real wa!! So much PASSION on this NL ooo.

@ Poster,

Well, that's the good thing about "dating." You get to take notes and do your "weeding out." Hopefully the next guy works out. At least you get to know what you will tolerate and what you won't.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by logica(m): 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2011
BABE - the distinction you made between "farthest" and "furthest" actually ONLY applies to "farther" and "further" as you can see in the example posted by "violent", as in "Do you have anything further to say". In that context, using "farther" sounds funny but I have no doubt that's as a result of what they call COLLOCATION in English meaning it might sound wrong simply because it is rarely used but not necessarily wrong. Now back to the topic please.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
just got home to read all this rubbish, bad belle is the reason why a lot of people do not prosper.

I am not stuck up or spoilt i call most people in my house uncle and aunty as i grew up with them working for us.  Our driver is a young guy who just started last year so no need for uncle. And small madam started from naija film and its a joke around my house.

If my life is paining anyone it should pain them well, na baba God make am no be by my power.

at so called 'stunna' i do not blame you. stunna my back foot. bad belle fit kill oh better be transformed by the renewal of your mind.

My parents do not know Mr. D you need to learn to read or better yet piddle off and stop trying to piss on my parade.

as for your amateur psycho-analysis, what you think means absolutely nothing to me so not gonna bother with an in depth response to every meaningless comment you made.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 76Naira(m): 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ $tunna,

In plain & simple terms, thank you!
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2011
@BABE, U dissapointed me today  cry
why ?
While I was thinking of making u my best friend here, Why nah ?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2011
76Naira:

@ $tunna,

In plain & simple terms, thank you!

Either your're a 'spambot' or stunna started a 2nd profile to back up his aimless, useless rants.  Go sit down abeg. 5 posts! u think we were born yesterday?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Lax75(m): 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ Uju:

My Sis, don't take it personal. Too much bad belle in Naija. Haba! Once when all I did was post a question about naijas in diaspora getting a job back home and what to expect, I got so many hateful responses from naijas in corporate naija talking about how we naijas in diaspora have no brains. They got into this whole thing about how all we do is come back home and blow "fone" but don't know jack. There were only a few sensible folks who took the time to answer my question. The others were so emotional. And we wonder why there is no progress in naija, when people walk around with so much jealousy and hatred on the inside.

How was your second date?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Lifts Her Skirt, Sprays Perfume All Over Her Thighs After Entering A Shop / “I Went To His House In Lekki And He bleeped My Armpit” – Sex Worker Narrates / Girl Post Semi-unclad Pics On Facebook, Nigerian React (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.