Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Tales Of A First Date From hell - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tales Of A First Date From hell (11337 Views)

If U Were Asked To Pick A Date From Nairaland, Who Would It Be? / Guys Worst Tribe To Date From?? / A Guy Shift Date From Elder Sister To The Younger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by stunna2(m): 6:17pm On Aug 28, 2011
76Naira:

@ $tunna
I have read your posts on this topic and I have seen some good level of sense & maturity in them. But as you know, sometimes people just like to stay optimistic and not always necessarily realistic.

Yes, that is why i have given it a rest and hopes small madam keep the peace she brought from the church today as i do not want to disturb it or take it away!
im also happy that her second date that her mom helped to set up worked out better for her and that she is happy now!

hope you have a blessed Sunday @ 76Naira
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 28, 2011
hey OP how about dinner tonite. am cooking

Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2011
hey OP how about dinner tonite. am cooking

Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2011
that was vile, where are tho mods when u need them?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

that was vile, where are tho mods when u need them?
what u mean vile? thats the stuff great dates are made off.
when u get older u wont even bother if he takes u out and buy only akara as long as u get some
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Smilenw(f): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2011
[b]
Anyhoo[/b] like i said known the guy a few years from uni in ghana and have a number of mutual friends. He picked me up from our family office and i told my parents who exactly i was going with. I'm not a muppet or a randy 12 year old sneaking out with men

OP& Violent- Tell me exactly what this silly word means. My cheap school obviously didn't see the need to teach such a word.

OP,
You have given out a lot of personal details voluntarily on this single thread ! All those who read your "pointless post" now knows that a certain uju has a gateman, a cook, a family office, a car, a driver, was educated abroad (wish I could go there too, just to know what anyhoo means), a dog that coughs dollars, a cat that shits gold coins, a this, a that- sighs!
You are obviously trying to paint a glossy picture here to hook someone online. I do not see any other reason why someone would yap so much in one go ! Have you for once thought why the man was on phone, ignoring you, on your first date with him? Obviously you failed to impress him ! I'm sure it had something to do with 'my this, my that" attitude of yours.  undecided

@ BABE- I owe you, big time ! wink
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by moremi2008(m): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2011
I don't think it's fair to criticize the guy for taking you to the least expensive Chinese restaurant (you should be grateful because you didn't contribute a kobo to the meal). The guy was wrong to talk on the phone while driving a date back home but then, why are you acting surprised and brand new, Nigerian men aren't the most cultured specimens in the world and he probably didn't think he was doing anything wrong. The bobo tried to kiss you and I don't blame him. I would also try to get a kiss if I just dropped $100+ on dinner.

The reason why you are getting "bad bele" responses is because you come across as a spoilt, ungrateful lady that can't interpret actions/situations in the right context. You sound young. Hope you learn someday because the real world has no room for stupid daddy's girls. Good luck with your Igbo man! Hope he's saving up all his cash for the INSANE bride price he will be paying soon.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2011
Smilenw:

[b]
Anyhoo[/b] like i said known the guy a few years from uni in ghana and have a number of mutual friends. He picked me up from our family office and i told my parents who exactly i was going with. I'm not a muppet or a randy 12 year old sneaking out with men

OP& Violent- Tell me exactly what this silly word means. My cheap school obviously didn't see the need to teach such a word.

OP,
You have given out a lot of personal details voluntarily on this single thread ! All those who read your "pointless post" now knows that a certain uju has a gateman, a cook, a family office, a car, a driver, was educated abroad (wish I could go there too, just to know what anyhoo means), a dog that coughs dollars, a cat that shits gold coins, a this, a that- sighs!
You are obviously trying to paint a glossy picture here to hook someone online. I do not see any other reason why someone would yab so much in one go ! Have you for once thought why the man was on phone, ignoring you, on your first date with him? Obviously you failed to impress him ! I'm sure it had something to do with 'my this, my that" attitude of yours.  undecided

He was arguing on the phone with some cousin about a family event. my concern was not that he was on the phone to someone my concern was that he was driving like a crazy person. Anyhoo is american slang for anyway, picked it up from my wife and kids.

I'm not pompous or arrogant, most people have drivers, gatemen, cooks, housegirl and they werent exactly the focal point so not sure why certain people are obsessed by them. Its not a big deal.

Anyway whatevs (would you like a definition here too??)

Don't want to hook anyone online oh just using as an avenue to rant and discuss with wise people, of which you are not one. So you can either piss off or try in vein to locate me and then fail and piss off.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2011
@OP:
or would u prefer sushi-Style dinner?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Smilenw(f): 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

He was arguing on the phone with some cousin about a family event.  my concern was not that he was on the phone to someone my concern was that he was driving like a crazy person.  Anyhoo is american slang for anyway,  picked it up from my wife and kids.

I'm not pompous or arrogant,  most people have drivers, gatemen, cooks, housegirl and they werent exactly the focal point so not sure why certain people are obsessed by them. Its not a big deal.

Don't want to hook anyone online oh just using as an avenue to rant and discuss with wise people,  of which you are not one.  So you can either piss off or try in vein to locate me and then fail and piss off.

OMG
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by texazzpete(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

He was arguing on the phone with some cousin about a family event.  my concern was not that he was on the phone to someone my concern was that he was driving like a crazy person.  Anyhoo is american slang for anyway,  picked it up from my wife and kids.

I'm not pompous or arrogant,  most people have drivers, gatemen, cooks, housegirl and they werent exactly the focal point so not sure why certain people are obsessed by them. Its not a big deal.

Don't want to hook anyone online oh just using as an avenue to rant and discuss with wise people,  of which you are not one.  So you can either piss off or try in vein to locate me and then fail and piss off.

To be fair, I wonder if your date considers the encounter a 'date from Hell' too?
While I see valid points in your OP, your complaints about the restaurant he took you to may be a bit unfair. How exactly was he supposed to know that you hated that restaurant? And even if that was the cheapest in town, how sure are you that the low cost was the reason for his choice of that restaurant? Why are you supposed to care so much about how much he spends on you anyway?

Next time you're unhappy with his driving, INTERVENE! Make him end the call and slow down. If your life was as important to you as you claim, you'd have made that effort.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by texazzpete(m): 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

Anyhoo is american slang for anyway, picked it up from my wife and kids.

Wait, what?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2011
moremi2008:

I don't think it's fair to criticize the guy for taking you to the least expensive Chinese restaurant (you should be grateful because you didn't contribute a kobo to the meal). The guy was wrong to talk on the phone while driving a date back home but then, why are you acting surprised and brand new,  Nigerian men aren't the most cultured specimens in the world and he probably didn't think he was doing anything wrong. The bobo tried to kiss you and I don't blame him. I would also try to get a kiss if I just dropped $100+ on dinner.

The reason why you are getting "bad bele" responses is because you come across as a spoilt, ungrateful lady that can't interpret actions/situations in the right context. You sound young. Hope you learn someday because the real world has no room for silly daddy's girls. Good luck with your Igbo man! Hope he's saving up all his cash for the INSANE bride price he will be paying soon.

The lunch we had today was cheaper than that chinese.  It was yam and egg. and it was yummy.  I'm not high maintenance.  and it was closer to $10 than $100.

People see what they want to see and if you see me as spoilt or demanding then good for you! don't need to justify my lifestyle to you.

So I should be grateful abi and open my lips and legs and everything else for him because he bought me food. thanks for the great advice! akata wonder kmt.

My dad would never accept a bride price he said if he is given one as culture requires he will donate it to charity so no man will think he bought me from my father. Even if I was poorer than poor I would still know my worth being in God's image and would not sell myself cheaply for chinese as some people.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 6:45pm On Aug 28, 2011
texazzpete:

Wait, what?

Tv show in america, google it.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 76Naira(m): 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2011
I tried to act like I did not see that.
I just waited for someone else to assure me it's not a dream.
Na wa!!!, It just got complex.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
texazzpete:

To be fair, I wonder if your date considers the encounter a 'date from Hell' too?
While I see valid points in your OP, your complaints about the restaurant he took you to may be a bit unfair. How exactly was he supposed to know that you hated that restaurant? And even if that was the cheapest in town, how sure are you that the low cost was the reason for his choice of that restaurant? Why are you supposed to care so much about how much he spends on you anyway?

Next time you're unhappy with his driving, INTERVENE! Make him end the call and slow down. If your life was as important to you as you claim, you'd have made that effort.

If he hadn't tried to kiss me so forcefully as if you know collecting reward for taking me to dinner I wouldn't have even thought the date was that bad. All the incidents individually are not that bad but when you put them together its like, are you serious?

Today we spent hardly any money and I had the most fun I have had in ages.  I am not a gold digger I even prefer the stir fry my mum makes to eating chinese outside.  Knowing mr D and his 'akanchi' stingy ways I know it was all a ploy to look flashy on a mcdonalds budget.  I would actually have preferred mcdonalds.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2011
76Naira:

I tried to act like I did not see that.
I just waited for someone else to assure me it's not a dream.
Na wa!!!, It just got complex.

haha its by the wyans brothers, really funny show. you can watch it online.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by amuukwu1(m): 6:51pm On Aug 28, 2011
Op  Ga no di ala there, you don rant too much here. whether u get gate man or whatever no concern us but ur ingratitude after a man spends his hard earn income/time on you. In as much as the date was messed as you claim, im sure its not messed on all front. At least show some gratitude/respect to the man, not every goes on a date.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
amu ukwu:

Op  Ga no di ala there, you don rant too much here. whether u get gate man or whatever no concern us but your ingratitude after a man spends his hard earn income/time on you. In as much as the date was messed as you claim, im sure its not messed on all front. At least show some gratitude/respect to the man, not every goes on a date.

read my last post. Hope that responds to all your concerns. My favorite uncle who is my dad's youngest brother regularly takes me to point and kill when I'm in his town and I drink Gordon sparks and I have more fun there than if I went to brunch at oriental in Lagos. Its not about what is spent or not spent. look at the bigger picture biko.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by ojdollars(m): 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2011
@uju_1 , So you don't know 190? He is one guy that us fun to be with on NL. Him and oone MMM and Mr.Cork, anytime I read their post, I laugh and enjoy myself. He just like creating fun, he mean't no harm, so why the Quarell?

From the sound of your post "BIKO" You sound Urhobish, from Delta State abi? Alright, this is OJ here, from Delta here. Just wanted to say Hi and to tell you that the guy deserves what you did to him, he has no respect for a woman, he is just one of those De Pub or Owode or Revolution night club customers who just see any responsible girl and think they can bleep like that after first date, always keeping their trousers below waste region. If you confirm your location, I'd be happy to chat. Funny girl
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by pendo89(f): 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2011
op
I have been reading your thread trying to figure out your gender esp after your first post below
Kindly let us know if you are female or male undecided

'So we went to dinner.  I absolutely love chinese and there are a number of really good chinese restaurants in the townbut he took me to the one i absolutely hate and its also the furthest away,  I am suspecting this is due to the fact it is the cheapest,  [b]but as a working guy I didn't think this [/b]was a good move I would rather have had chicken republic or mister biggs than that rubbish.  And also normally the first date the lady picks or is that just my experience?'

That wife and kids is a comedy yeah your right.But its now becoming comical
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2011
Hahahahahahaha u guys are cracking me up.

Hilarious! Thanks for the banter.

Je suis une femme kiss
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by violent(m): 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2011
"my wife and kids" is an american sitcom.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by amuukwu1(m): 7:19pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

read my last post.  Hope that responds to all your concerns.  My favorite uncle who is my dad's youngest brother regularly takes me to point and kill when I'm in his town and I drink Gordon sparks and I have more fun there than if I went to brunch at oriental in Lagos.  Its not about what is spent or not spent.  look at the bigger picture biko.

Small madam obviously you dont get it and im not sure you will. My stress is not about who takes you out rather the level of disrespect and ingratitude you've shown to the dude (judging from your post). Its not my business anyway, whom you chose to respect or otherwise and i dont even have time too sef, my dinner dey for fire and if it burns because i have spent my time reading your rants, i swear you go take me out on an expensive date to San Fransisco Steak house [s](after you must have spent on me, im sure you will learn to be grateful for what you get, no matter how small)[/s]  grin grin grin smiley smiley
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2011
amu ukwu:

Small madam obviously you dont get it and im not sure you will. My stress is not about who takes you out rather the level of disrespect and ingratitude you've shown to the dude (judging from your post). Its not my business anyway, whom you chose to respect or otherwise and i dont even have time too sef, my dinner dey for fire and if it burns because i have spent my time reading your rants, i swear you go take me out on an expensive date to San Fransisco Steak house [s](after you must have spent on me, im sure you will learn to be grateful for what you get, no matter how small)[/s]  grin grin grin smiley smiley

I was grateful till he tried to ra.pe me ohhhhhh after that all i cud taste was disgust in my mouth for the whole evening
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2011
pendo89:

op
I have been reading your thread trying to figure out your gender esp after your first post below
Kindly let us know if you are female or male undecided

'So we went to dinner.  I absolutely love chinese and there are a number of really good chinese restaurants in the townbut he took me to the one i absolutely hate and its also the furthest away,  I am suspecting this is due to the fact it is the cheapest,  [b]but as a working guy I didn't think this [/b]was a good move I would rather have had chicken republic or mister biggs than that rubbish.  And also normally the first date the lady picks or is that just my experience?'

That wife and kids is a comedy yeah your right.But its now becoming comical
You too? She meant the GUY she's on a date with!
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by pendo89(f): 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2011
grin
ok am tired of reading this now
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 190smh: 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2011
orbaxy:

undecided undecided undecided undecided

Am beginning to think 190 was right about you  undecided

abeg abeg abeg dont compare me with people who didnt go to school nor people who hardly have food to eat

abeg - we are not mates in this life, nor next nor next pleasee  undecided
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by cold(m): 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2011
This is serious shocked the passion on this thread is as palpable as it is laughable grin .Abeg make una all calm down what's with the hostility sef,totally unnecessary in my opinion. Abeg make I go back to my drinking jor
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by horny4u(f): 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2011
I donot think the question is your acting or overeacting,

Next time someone is talking on the phone on a date : He / she is not taht into you.
He could not have been driving so bad  ah for you to have enjoyed the ride home  grin anyway Next time someone is talking on the phone while driving: tell them to park you want to buy barbecued plantain (Boli  wink ) as soon as you get down hail a taxi without looking back ( Life is precious)

Lagos's traffic is crazy its always fair to meet up on a first date instead of being picked up so that you can make sure he is there first before you arrive, ( 2) On a first date try not to get into his car except of cos you have bbed his plate number to your sister just in case you guys are taking a trip to okija shrine instead of Chinese.

As for the restaurant, life is flexible he took you to a cheap resturant after you told him you like chinese not Mr biggs and when he tried to kiss you, you ran, My dear we cannot be beggars and choosers, on a 1st date if he does not ask you where you will like to go then follow him to where he wants to take you to; Its actually a fantastic way to find out  bit of his character whether he is a stingy koinkoin

My point is if you make a man think without having a date you cannot eat Chinese then guess what he will think you cheap and will be looking for the fastest route to your P and the fastest route to take off after the P.

Anyway sha the above is if you want a serious relationship with the guy.

but  na confirmed playboy and you want to teach him a lesson as in , if  you just wanna wobia the guy of cos choose those eatery where they allow take away and bring your own bowls with cover along, and pack your friends too, then begin to point and order, keep an eye on him sha o, make hin no run.

Me and friends were super at this while at University , the next time you see him just flash a smile with a slow hiiiiiii, grin grin grin he too go get am say nothing for him.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by MAURI: 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ Horny4u

I donot think the question is your acting or overeacting,

Next time someone is talking on the phone on a date : He / she is not taht into you.
He could not have been driving so bad  ah for you to have enjoyed the ride home   anyway Next time someone is talking on the phone while driving: tell them to park you want to buy barbecued plantain (Boli   ) as soon as you get down hail a taxi without looking back ( Life is precious)

Lagos's traffic is crazy its always fair to meet up on a first date instead of being picked up so that you can make sure he is there first before you arrive, ( 2) On a first date try not to get into his car except of cos you have bbed his plate number to your sister just in case you guys are taking a trip to okija shrine instead of Chinese.

As for the restaurant, life is flexible he took you to a cheap resturant after you told him you like chinese not Mr biggs and when he tried to kiss you, you ran, My dear we cannot be beggars and choosers, on a 1st date if he does not ask you where you will like to go then follow him to where he wants to take you to; Its actually a fantastic way to find out  bit of his character whether he is a stingy koinkoin

My point is if you make a man think without having a date you cannot eat Chinese then guess what he will think you cheap and will be looking for the fastest route to your P and the fastest route to take off after the P.

Anyway sha the above is if you want a serious relationship with the guy.

but  na confirmed playboy and you want to teach him a lesson as in , if  you just wanna wobia the guy of cos choose those eatery where they allow take away and bring your own bowls with cover along, and pack your friends too,  then begin to point and order, keep an eye on him sha o, make hin no run.

Me and friends were super at this while at University , the next time you see him just flash a smile with a slow hiiiiiii,     he too go get am say nothing for him.

You made loads of sense on your above response, with the exception of the bolded part. I hope you since stopped being so cheap after you left Uni. Hope you only had to do that to get through tough times in Uni and that you've not encountered any traumatic experiences in the process, 'cos u sort of sound tooshed now. Apparently it's not how you start, but how u end,  lipsrsealed
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2011
Oh my daysNL wont kill me lol,
@ OP the guy was o n the phone and did not take the time to say sorry he had to make a call Translation the date was borring, you aint what he expect,no offence and oh I noticed you have a driver,house help and work in an Office most of us must work( outside an office ) lol next tiem you go on a date, arrange where you guys are gonna meet and get yourself there on the agreed time by yourself,dont wait for no one to give you a lift.The world is changing 9ja inclussive gone are the days where the man is expected to impress you %1000 you as a girl got some impression to do too ie argue you wanna go DUTCH(Wishfull Thinking I know) lol grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Girls Like Christian Guys More Than Their Fellow Muslims / Girl Post Semi-unclad Pics On Facebook, Nigerian React (photo) / I Just Realized Something New About Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.