Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Tales Of A First Date From hell - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tales Of A First Date From hell (11335 Views)

If U Were Asked To Pick A Date From Nairaland, Who Would It Be? / Guys Worst Tribe To Date From?? / A Guy Shift Date From Elder Sister To The Younger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 76Naira(m): 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2011
Madam Uju_1,

If you don't need public opinion, stay off blogs and chat rooms.
in a public forum you try to can your emotions & listen to feedback to questions you have raised.
When people say things that don't seem pleasant, weed them out & pick the answers you truly seek.

Well unless you really didn't know these before posting your life in public.

So he drove carelessly for that long and you could not intervene? What if there was an accident?
Then he tried to force a kiss from you and you claim to know him. Guess you gave him all the wrong signs.
No excuses, what he did was stupid but the stupidity in his attitude rubs off on your ability to access people & situations as well as your use of chat forums.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 76Naira(m): 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2011
For sure you were born the day before yesterday.

So how did the date go today?, Sis.

Don't use the time to get a good guy to look for Chinese restaurants and complain about far bukka's.
Calm down and see this is also a fun room.
I like the way people have addressed the issue, you just need to read without getting angry.

And by the way General Uju_1, I ddn't know there was a ranking system here. Congrats.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2011
Lax75:

@ Uju:

My Sis, don't take it personal. Too much bad belle in Naija. Haba! Once when all I did was post a question about naijas in diaspora getting a job back home and what to expect, I got so many hateful responses from naijas in corporate naija talking about how we naijas in diaspora have no brains. They got into this whole thing about how all we do is come back home and blow "fone" but don't know jack. There were only a few sensible folks who took the time to answer my question. The others were so emotional. And we wonder why there is no progress in naija, when people walk around with so much jealousy and hatred on the inside.

How was your second date?

Me sef I tire oh,

Any way my dear it was lovely and he's still in my house with my brother and dad chilling.  His dad and my dad are old friends.

It felt comfortable and safe like 2 old friends. So much to talk about. The food was lovely I had yam and egg and it was really delicious, especially since I was at church all day and hadn't had time to grab breakfast before I left.

He was a complete gentleman.  He didn't go overboard like pulling out my chair etc. but he opened doors (car, restaurant etc) and he let me pick the cd in the car but still made me feel like he was the man by sitting facing the door of the restaurant and putting a protective arm around me among other stuff.

It was just lovely and I have butterflies in my tummy.  He kissed me on my forehead when we got in the house, kinda like a friendly peck, my mum initiated it she was teasing us and he's quite tall so he had to lean down it was sweet.

I will soon go down and join them but it was really fun.  The yoruba boy has been bbing me non stop all weekend but I'm just enjoying my space!

Please haters dont try and ruin my joy ur plans have already failed xx
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by BABE3: 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2011
violent:

Below is what Oxford says about the subject matter.  I think you are the one caught up in your own little knowledge world. It's the 21st century darling, we're sweating our [i]a[/i]rses off trying to improve current global literacy rates, coming up with arguments based on what you "think" is right without reference and hoping people could simply "learn and get with the program" is only going to make our efforts drag!
more at; http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/further

Nicely done. You just made my "job" easier. I'm gonna use your Oxford write-up as a refrence too.

Further is a much commoner word, though , and is in addition used in various abstract and metaphorical contexts, for example referring to time, in which farther is unusual, e.g.without further delay; ; have you anything further to say?; ; we intend to stay a further two weeks. The same distinction is made between farthest and furthest: the farthest point from the sun; versus this first team has gone furthest in its analysis.

Quick Rhetorical Quiz for you: "Further explanation" or "Farther explanation" , which is 'correct'?

Btw, if there isn't much difference as you said, shouldn't Oxford have written just that? Why the long story?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ 76 kobo or whatever you call urself, you joined NL today and have only been active on this thread.  I suspect foul play and I have no further need to entertain you.  Yes this is the internet it doesn't give people the licence to grow balls the size of chicago or be rude and disrespectful because they can hide behind a screen, its just pathetic and makes nigerians look like jealous, envious and jobless people which the majority of us aren't.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by BABE3: 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

@BABE, U dissapointed me today  cry
why ?
While I was thinking of making u my best friend here, Why nah ?

**chuckles**I'm speechless.

At everyone, OP, and the integrity of the thread: I appologize for causing "derailment".
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by premechaz: 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

Me sef I tire oh,  

Any way my dear it was lovely and he's still in my house with my brother and dad chilling.  His dad and my dad are old friends.

It felt comfortable and safe like 2 old friends. So much to talk about. The food was lovely I had yam and egg and it was really delicious, especially since I was at church all day and hadn't had time to grab breakfast before I left.

He was a complete gentleman.  He didn't go overboard like pulling out my chair etc. but he opened doors (car, restaurant etc) and he let me pick the cd in the car but still made me feel like he was the man by sitting facing the door of the restaurant and putting a protective arm around me among other stuff.

It was just lovely and I have butterflies in my tummy.  He kissed me on my forehead when we got in the house, kinda like a friendly peck,  my mum initiated it she was teasing us and he's quite tall so he had to lean down it was sweet.

I will soon go down and join them but it was really fun.  The yoruba boy has been bbing me non stop all weekend but I'm just enjoying my space!

Please haters dont try and ruin my joy your plans have already failed xx

@ujukokoro fugly omoibo

What is bbing?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 76Naira(m): 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2011
Madam Uju,

Go enjoy your date.
I am surprised he is downstairs & you have all these internet stunts.
Probably same issue on your BB like I said earlier when the Mr. wrong drove while on the phone.
If a friend calls me now, I will close this page. I wonder why you are still here.
Do make the right choice, at the end of the day, its about success in the relationship, not about him bending around his waist to kiss you near his knees.

Now, run along, go have fun sissy.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Select(m): 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2011
? undecided
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Lax75(m): 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2011
Oh lord ! The English teachers are back. Na wa!!!!! I'm glad you had a "compensated" date. I wonder what kind of comments will flow now that you had a good date. Anyways, I wouldn't give a flying porkchop if I were you. At least I know what to expect when I move back home. Yam and Egg?? Wow, na you biko! I miss that too. Over here na so so french fries, sausage and biscuits. Tired of it.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2011
^smh, this is soo immature and silly of you! Wat exactly are you gaining by being nasty.

@op, I'd advice you ignore posters like d one above,
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2011
Sorry,this post was directed to premechaz,
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2011
Lax75:

Oh lord ! The English teachers are back. Na wa!!!!! I'm glad you had a "compensated" date. I wonder what kind of comments will flow now that you had a good date. Anyways, I wouldn't give a flying porkchop if I were you. At least I know what to expect when I move back home. Yam and Egg?? Wow, na you biko! I miss that too. Over here na so so french fries, sausage and biscuits. Tired of it.

man the food made sense, it just cheered me right up, haven't had it in ages and today's was exceptionally good  grin

premechaz:

@ujukokoro fugly omoibo

What is bbing?

-__________- #deadpost buck up your ideas mr,

76Naira:

Madam Uju,

Go enjoy your date.
I am surprised he is downstairs & you have all these internet stunts.
Probably same issue on your BB like I said earlier when the Mr. wrong drove while on the phone.
If a friend calls me now, I will close this page. I wonder why you are still here.
Do make the right choice, at the end of the day, its about success in the relationship, not about him bending around his waist to kiss you near his knees.

Now, run along, go have fun sissy.

They are having man time don't want to intrude and not a  fan of football or football talk.  Will go down soon just jisting my mum about the date  wink
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Lax75(m): 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2011
bhusayor:

Sorry,this post was directed to premechaz,

Its all good.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by ljila(f): 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

just got home to read all this rubbish,  bad belle is the reason why a lot of people do not prosper.

I am not stuck up or spoilt i call most people in my house uncle and aunty as i grew up with them working for us.  Our driver is a young guy who just started last year so no need for uncle. And small madam started from naija film and its a joke around my house.

If my life is paining anyone it should pain them well,  na baba God make am no be by my power.

at so called 'stunna' i do not blame you. stunna my back foot. bad belle fit kill oh better be transformed by the renewal of your mind.

My parents do not know Mr. D you need to learn to read or better yet piddle off and stop trying to piss on my parade.

as for your amateur psycho-analysis, what you think means absolutely nothing to me so not gonna bother with an in depth response to every meaningless comment you made.

ALL sad lol
76Naira, take note you don't know everything. Didn't i say it?
But OP, chill and don't let people's posts get to you. Anyone who has the power to change your mood sorta controls you.  
Glad this afternoon went well. So when's the next date? (no ameboism intended grin  grin ) x
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by violent(m): 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2011

Quick Rhetorical Quiz for you: "Further explanation" or "Farther explanation" , which is 'correct'?

Btw, if there isn't much difference as you said, shouldn't Oxford have written just that? Why the long story?

Refer back to my post and the explanation i provided on the usage of both words.  I mentioned that both words can be used interchangeably, I haven't said there is NO difference between the two.  While  further can be used in several contexts including reference to physical location, the usage of farther is mostly restricted to distance and location.

The original poster used furthest in this context

So we went to dinner.  I absolutely love chinese and there are a number of really good chinese restaurants in the town but he took me to the one i absolutely hate and its also the furthest away,

I'm sure i wouldn't have to explain that she was referring to a physical location.

Shall i also include that when you use " Furthest" and not "further", it's mostly the case that you are referring to a location which makes it interchangeable with "farthest"?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 76Naira(m): 5:32pm On Aug 28, 2011
You see?
Now I like you and regardless of how you reply to this, If I sounded harsh earlier, pardon me for I am sorry.
Just remember, chat rooms are fun for some of us and none of us has any right to chip off your joy. So don't fall for the drama.
Really, do enjoy your day and be careful with some of us guys.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2011
ljila:

ALL sad lol
76Naira, take note you don't know everything. Didn't i say it?
But OP, chill and don't let people's posts get to you. Anyone who has the power to change your mood sorta controls you.  
Glad this afternoon went well. So when's the next date? (no ameboism intended grin  grin ) x

My mood ke? lol impossible, i'm too blessed to be stressed. lol @ ameboism, Will decide that when he calls me I guess. Family are involved so don't wanna be too fast.

Lax75:

Reading is fundamental. Uju please oooo, now I'm the bad guy all of a sudden. All of a sudden na me be the nasty one.

I suspect a timing issue you probably posted at the same time but urs went up first  smiley
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Lax75(m): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2011
I suspect a timing issue you probably posted at the same time but urs went up first  smiley
[quote][/quote]

Yep, and I corrected. But come oo. Are you implying that from now you will favour ndigbo boys? Just asking.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2011
Lax75:

Yep, and I corrected. But come oo. Are you implying that from now you will favour ndigbo boys? Just asking.

hmm, its possible oh, seems they treat you well because you are one of their 'sisters' but then again, there are good and bad people in every tribe. All na nigerian to me, don't really discriminate as long as they are not muslim (sorry oh) uneven yoking and all that lol
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by stunna2(m): 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2011
hahahaha!!! look young miss -  as hard as it is for you to believe, some of us do actually have as much money as you do or even more, and this is true!!
my response touched a nerve didn't it? and no, i was not doing any psycho-analysis of ya, just explaining the hostile responses u got from so many people! the truth hurts,

tell us about ur actual boy meet girl story, and save the gateman and house help info for ur BFF again because we do not need any of that to make informed comments or response to ur request for opinion! are you used to being told u can never do wrong and find it hash to be told that if this man is a monster then there is a problem with ur judgement since it was not a blind date??

many people made this observation, and do u think we r all poor and envy that you can go to a Chinese restaurant??

if God made ur life the way it is, then i look out my window and see that im seating on top of the richest city in the most advanced and wealthy nation of the world and i ask, who made my life the way it is then?? you are not talking to people just next door to you in nigeria, so control ur desire to give us room to room picture of your house because some of ur again do as a matter of fact have more money than you do and it sound infantile when u make ur irrelevant small madam talk as the centre piece of ur date from hell story,

oh well, u just came from the church so calm down and may u have peace as i do not want to disturb the peace u brought from the church, no further comments, ki
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by BABE3: 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ Uncle Violent:

Gradually, gradually, we're arriving on the same page. God is good.

I still stand by earlier point; 'Farthest' is more appropriate in the OP's context.

There's a distinction between Further and Farther, and that is 'Physical'. They can't always be used interchangeably.

E.O.D (If you wish).
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by Lax75(m): 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

hmm,  its possible oh,  seems they treat you well because you are one of their 'sisters' but then again,  there are good and bad people in every tribe. All na nigerian to me, don't really discriminate as long as they are not muslim (sorry oh) uneven yoking and all that lol

Lol. Ok, I for say. My advice is be open-minded and look at character rather than the person's ethnic background. I used to have this strict mentality that it had to be "Yoruba or nothing" (I'm Yoruba), but experience took care of that QUICK!! Maybe if things really work out btw y'all to the point of marriage (hey, you never know), you can send some of these haters your wedding pictures  grin
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by violent(m): 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2011
God is good

. . .all the time, and his mercies abound through all generations!
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2011
$tunna:

hahahaha!!! look young miss -  as hard as it is for you to believe, some of us do actually have as much money as you do or even more, and this is true!!
my response touched a nerve didn't it? and no, i was not doing any psycho-analysis of ya, just explaining the hostile responses u got from so many people! the truth hurts,

tell us about your actual boy meet girl story, and save the gateman and house help info for your BFF again because we do not need any of that to make informed comments or response to your request for opinion! are you used to being told u can never do wrong and find it hash to be told that if this man is a monster then there is a problem with your judgement since it was not a blind date??

many people made this observation, and do u think we r all poor and envy that you can go to a Chinese restaurant??

if God made your life the way it is, then i look out my window and see that im seating on top of the richest city in the most advanced and wealthy nation of the world and i ask, who made my life the way it is then?? you are not talking to people just next door to you in nigeria, so control your desire to give us room to room picture of your house because some of your again do as a matter of fact have more money than you do and it sound infantile when u make your irrelevant small madam talk as the centre piece of your date from hell story,

oh well, u just came from the church so calm down and may u have peace as i do not want to disturb the peace u brought from the church, no further comments, ki

Lol not competing with you for money oh.  In fact even if the world thinks I am poor I am rich because I have Jesus and if they think I am rich I know my riches lie in him.  you making this about who is richer or poorer or who has house help shows signs of immaturity and insecurity.  You are richer than me. Clap for yourself. onyara lol. go siddown abeg.

like i said small maddam is my nickname in the house from a nollywood film we all watched. take am or leave am oh e no 'consign' me. joblessness na disease looool
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 76Naira(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ BABE

Are you for real?
You really believe this topic is about that?
Well, have fun
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by BABE3: 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2011
76Naira:

@ BABE

Are you for real?
You really believe this topic is about that?
Well, have fun

Is you Okay?
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by 76Naira(m): 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ $tunna
I have read your posts on this topic and I have seen some good level of sense & maturity in them. But as you know, sometimes people just like to stay optimistic and not always necessarily realistic.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by ARareGem(f): 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2011
Uju dear, be so kind to inform us on everything, well, the important things that happen on the next date with the gentleman, 'Igbo guy'.
Signed,
Miss Aproko. cheesy
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by leggoo(m): 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2011
Wow men are very ill-mannered these days. I would never dream of taking a kiss from a girl in public in front of her gate with the security there. Even when abroad I still act African. So this guy is a clown. Though the girl should ask herself why is she attracting such men.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by uju2: 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2011
leggoo:

Wow men are very ill-mannered these days. I would never dream of taking a kiss from a girl in public in front of her gate with the security there. Even when abroad I still act African. So this guy is a clown. Though the girl should ask herself why is she attracting such men.

Point of correction dear, such a man. unless you have more examples to add to show the necessity of pluralization.

Thanks for your comment

Grown men are crying in this house seems arsenal was slaughtered. Think I will give them space to grieve lol.
Re: Tales Of A First Date From hell by leggoo(m): 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2011
uju_1:

Point of correction dear, such a man. unless you have more examples to add to show the necessity of pluralization.

Thanks for your comment

Grown men are crying in this house seems arsenal was slaughtered. Think I will give them space to grieve lol.

No offence, I'm sure it's not an everyday thing for you. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See How Nigerian Men Reacted On Seeing An Unclad South African Lady / Cheating Wife. Advise Needed / Nyash Experts In The House Please Help Me Assess This My Arse (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.