Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,363 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly (78169 Views)

Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor / Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner / I Wish I Had Known This 5 Years Ago. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by DavidEsq(m): 8:59am On Dec 14, 2022
FashionCookie:

I knew of a woman that lost her husband and kids(all her kids) to unforseen circumstances. Old mature lady(she's was a neighbor)
We always felt pity for her that my sist and I had to go to her place to help her clean and fetch water once. She was catered for by ramdon people like that sha especially by our community chairman then. Even when she died, it was the community that buried her. At a point she was just walking around drinking...very sad sight.
OP will see a woman like that and come here to conclude she was a call girl or used to club in her youth.
Things happen to people...ask questions OP if you don't know the real situation of things. undecided
Exactly. Even Proverbs 18:13 says that it is foolish and humiliating to reply to a matter without first hearing the facts.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by FashionCookie(f): 10:17am On Dec 14, 2022
DavidEsq:

Exactly. Even Proverbs 18:13 says that it is foolish and humiliating to reply to a matter without first hearing the facts.
Exactly...

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Godwin616: 10:55am On Dec 14, 2022
This life is full of uncertainties. Many factors could be responsible for poverty at old age. Not necessarily because the man was reckless in spending at young age or being lazy etc. Like other people have pointed out, investment is the key and it comes in different forms. It could be in business or properties etc. There is one more investment plan that's is very vital and much more secured which I want every Nairalander to take seriously. And that's Life Insurance Annuity plan. Open the account with any reputable insurance firm and try save reasonable amount in it before you get to 50 years. I bet you won't regret it because you will be paid salary for life no matter what happens to your other businesses. This is a smart way to prepare for your old age.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 14, 2022
Honestly Bro, I saw this a lot as a young lad, and made a convenant with God that I will never be poor in this life, whether young or old.
The hustle has been real from my Teenage days, rewards are coming in but we ain't there yet.
While other can carry girls and drink to stupor, we keep grinding...

Try to speak with poor old people and learn a lot from them.
Thanks for the reminder.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by DonroxyII: 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
pocohantas:
I always feel very sad when I see those old men and women doing such manual labour in the market or on the streets.

The worst part is, their kids that are supposed to help them have graduated and still no jobs. Now parents and kids are caught up in this web of poverty. Some have kids who claim they do not owe their parents shishi.

I looked at my own extended family and I noticed the uncles that were rich are still the ones doing well. The ones that were poor are still poor. Some have been fortunate to have kids that can at least give them monthly stipends. Asides that, it is the same cycle of Nigeria messing everyone up.

People with parents who have businesses and properties do not know how blessed they are. I honestly cannot imagine paying rent for my aged parents in 2022.
Mindsets and Mentalities is the difference between Riches and Poverties Bingo!
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by DonroxyII: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
Majesty33:
Well, its all about destiny. U can fl;ex your life, buy clothes and carry women but sometimes u can make it minimal and still save and invest in the future.

the bottom line of everything here is that when u do every thing in excess, it always end in destruction.
That's All!
Whether Good or Bad!
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Hassanmaye(m): 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
Emilia154:
Op u are very correct,this advice na 4 children of nowadays,all wetin day their mind na partying,carrying women and spending money on unreasonable things.no plan of investing 4 tomoro
We have to give women to get In between that thing
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Hassanmaye(m): 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nonexisting1:
The old man you see there might have wasted his youthful age training his children and giving them better life. They might have chosen to abandon him or worst still be useless to themselves and to their families. This is why I have sworn to invest for my old age before saving shishi for my unborn children. The little modafokas we have in this millennium don't give a fucck about anyone else but themselves, if you like kill yourself for them as their parents. Fucck these kids. angry
Uncle calm down
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Hassanmaye(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2022
Yugoslavia247:

So the ones that were all righteous and poor nko.

Many people need exposure in this forum.

Go to villages you will see many people who never did anything bad to deserve being poor but they have their hopes high.

Many children who were reckless in their youth never ended poor. Especially those with solid foundation.

Hypocrisy is when you take an innocent hardworking old man pics and then accuse Him of leading a reckless youth life.

You might work and save up in your youth but end up poor. How about natural disasters, terminal illness and unforseen circumstances. What about those who were spiritually manipulated. Or those who were duped or defrauded. What about those who faced business downturn and ran into debt.

Be stuopid but know when not to be a nuisance.

Many became Rich by luck as Tony Elumelu claimed it was luck. Some did not need to work hard. Crypto billionaire are a clear example. The same things you do some did little and became Rich. Some people will live a reckless life and still end up being Rich on their dying bed. The drug barons, gun runners, politicians and so on.

Don't mock people who were hardworking at their old age and blame them for being reckless.

Some sold their wealth to save a family or brother.

Haven't you heard. Please just be reasonable.

For instance.
My father was extremely rich in the days of landline.

The change in demand from landphone to handset crippled his business. He could not switch easily. However, things changed later on.
So if he was poor you will call him reckless?

I am sure that people liking OP don't have a family yet. They are still living in their little responsibility lifestyles. Many people had alot of issues due to burden of family and children. Will you also blame them?

Reasonable comment
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Emilia154(f): 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hassanmaye:
We have to give women to get In between that thing
Oh realy
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Hassanmaye(m): 8:55pm On Dec 14, 2022
Emilia154:
Oh realy
Is the reality, that's why you see women driving cars in Abuja and Lagos they tax men
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Kobicove(m): 10:38am On Dec 21, 2022
bonnyhope:

Old age that you are not even sure if you will see

Better enjoy your life now

Investment can also fail
And money depreciates in value if you save

So because investments may fail saving and making investments do not make sense to you abi? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. / Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.