Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly (78166 Views)

Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor / Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner / I Wish I Had Known This 5 Years Ago. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by HardMirror(m): 1:05pm On Dec 13, 2022
Softmirror:

THE GUY IS SAYING THE SAME THING. THE QUESTION IS, WHY DID YOU QUIT GAMBLING?! ONE IS ALSO GAMBLING WITH ONE'S FUTURE OF ONE CHOOSE NOT TO INVEST BUT CHOOSE ENJOYMENT GALORE WITHOUT ANY PLANS ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF BEING PRIVILEGE TO BE BLESSED WITH LONG LIFE.
funny thing is save all you want and invest all you want, not everyone has the capacity to be rich. fact. reason why i dont advice people on finances, because most people are programmed to be poor no matter how you guide them. If you have the capacity for wealth, you will always be able to get it. people who end up broke later in life only enjoyed luck when they were young. making money is natural to those that know how, they will always find a way even when they are old. FACT. most broke old people you see today did not even enjoy when they were young.
i have a friend that was angry that a young boy bought a car with his first million. him that knows how to save is over 10 years older than that boy and has never had 1million with all his prudence.
I have gone broke many times before, but i always bounce back, there was a time i was so broke a girl was the one that gave me urgent 2k, but I always bounce back withing 3 to 6 months max.
if you see an old person that is still working at old age, they never had the capacity to be rich. i laugh at all these children that think they know anything about money.

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 1:07pm On Dec 13, 2022
Pacesetter2021:
if God provide for the birds and all living thing, why should I labour to be rich. I want only what God can give. What is not from Him, I want nothing of. Is tomorrow promised you? What if you gather for old age and don't see it. Let's return to our maker. He alone can take care of us.

You have a point, But we all believe we will reach an old Age,so that's why we have to use our youth for something reasonably, because when old Age come no one will looks you twice
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Mobilejunkie: 1:09pm On Dec 13, 2022
Thanks for this app /3uMGPyp[color=#006600][/color] I was able to save 175k last month. This app really helped my saving culture. I recommend this app /3uMGPyp if you really want to save and track your expenses
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 1:10pm On Dec 13, 2022
Leosongwriter:
You believe say him spend lavishly abi..do you even know his story..think before talk..do you think it's everyone that is got equal chance in life..

Na you that doesn't think before you talk, waiting he use his young Age do
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2022
FirmTR:

I'm sorry, but you know nothing about the things of life.

Please can you teach me,and moreso my post is not to disregard the old Man Working but to buttress you and guard you to work hard and spend wisely
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Bruno3000(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2022
jmichael259:

Please help us with a business idea for 50k, 100k, 300k, 500k, 1m.
Just look around, open ur eyes and identity the needs of the people, solve them and get paid. Simple.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2022
sonjohn994:
while you are saving enjoy too, because Not everybody will live to see the old age. Dont work for another man to eat. Let's be wise

Am sorry for you by your way of thinking,but my advice for you is that work harder and spend wisely
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2022
blackgold2018:
now you listen to me you foool

You don’t know that man’s story. It wouldn’t be what you think.

You know nothing of life experiences.

That man might have trained his kids in right way, that man’s children might even be in overseas but abandoned their father.

That man had probably was a billionaire but natural causes happened to him that he can’t handle.

You know NOTHING about life.

I have seen things.. when I man falls, it’s not always what you think

You're the best idiot I ever seen,now listen to me,my post is not to disregard the old man Working
Buy to teach our youth how to plan for old Age because old Age there's no Power again

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2022
Relixy2k:
You are right that one should plan and a great advice but that old man there, his case may not be that he didn't plan. There are hundreds of reason aside careless living why a man's life can turn out like that. If the person is rich, then sickness comes, he spent and sold all to stay alive. Secondly, if the person is duped and couldn't recover. Thirdly, business collapse due to unforseen circumstances. Many other valid reasons could account for a man's failure not necessarily laziness, wastefulness or profligacy. Don't let us automatically condemn or judge such people when we see them.

You're right but my post is not to disregard the old man Working but to drive our youths attention to old Age because some people act as if there's no tomorrow
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 1:26pm On Dec 13, 2022
newnigerdelta1:

You are wrong,na God dey bless man, lavish or no lavish wetin go be go be

Ok your eye go cleared like the man too continue spend Lavishly
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 1:28pm On Dec 13, 2022
bonnyhope:

Old age that you are not even sure if you will see

Better enjoy your life now

Investment can also fail
And money depreciates in value if you save

My post is for a wise people not like you

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by bepositive11: 1:28pm On Dec 13, 2022
Nonexisting1:
The old man you see there might have wasted his youthful age training his children and giving them better life. They might have chosen to abandon him or worst still be useless to themselves and to their families. This is why I have sworn to invest for my old age before saving shishi for my unborn children. The little modafokas we have in this millennium don't give a fucck about anyone else but themselves, if you like kill yourself for them as their parents. Fucck these kids. angry

In fact don't have any kids.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by CivilEngineer90: 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2022
paradigmshift:
which kind investment u dey talk about? Na so I go invest for agro partnership and my money lost. Invest for fishpond, nothing come out . if una dey talk about invest, dey specific..abeg .. invest this invest that ... U fit save or na so u wan do life investment bla bla, one problem fit wipe all those things and you are back to square zero, just do your best. No be every person u see wey dey suffer live wreck less life. Who no go no know...
grin grin me that follow motivational speakers and bought laptops in the he intention to see bro more than 200days, the asking price callers were making wasn't even half of my cost price. I ended up selling almost everything for half price. When they talk of investment abeg make them dey hit the nail for head.
A guy I know started poutry with 400birds and almost half died cheesy and the guy had to count his loses. Nigeria is bleeped up.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2022
drewcee:
You be ode, you no know person story, you just post him picture. Sense far from you walai.

You be mad man,my post is for a wise people not like you fool
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2022
xevove2061:

Very foolish assertion. Ask me why?

Why
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2022
tctrills:

You are a very wicked and evil soul. So you snapped an old man struggling just to prove your dumb point.
Clearly you have no respect. You also don't understand dignity in labor.
You have taken away the dignity of that man.
Couldn't you just make your point without the picture of that innocent old man?

Am not the one that Snap it I copy it somewhere,I just used it to qualify my post
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by CivilEngineer90: 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2022
maasoap:

I think a topic needs to be created on what types of investment should one have for old age as most people here agreed that one needs to invest for old age.
real estate it is. You can never go wrong with real estate. Do yourself a favor have an engineer and Architect as close friends, always hangout with them during refreshments and listen to stories of projects successful and near Miss they involved in and you will gradually get into the game. Even in the time of inflation those into real estates made so much billions that most banks are only existing because of them.

My number is on my signature, if you have any millions you are not using let's plan together and in ten years from from now you will be swimming in wealth. Even yahooboys are becoming wise and coming into real estate so forget that saying of what you down you real or carma. You can still live right and still die wretched, yes I have seen it happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by cyprianken: 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2022
[quote author=Yugoslavia247 post=119060849]

So the ones that were all righteous and poor nko.

Many people need exposure in this forum.

Go to villages you will see many people who never did anything bad to deserve being poor but they have their hopes high.

Many children who were reckless in their youth never ended poor. Especially those with solid foundation.

Hypocrisy is when you take an innocent hardworking old man pics and then accuse Him of leading a reckless youth life.

You might work and save up in your youth but end up poor. How about natural disasters, terminal illness and unforseen circumstances. What about those who were spiritually manipulated. Or those who were duped or defrauded. What about those who faced business downturn and ran into debt.

Be stuopid but know when not to be a nuisance.

Many became Rich by luck as Tony Elumelu claimed it was luck. Some did not need to work hard. Crypto billionaire are a clear example. The same things you do some did little and became Rich. Some people will live a reckless life and still end up being Rich on their dying bed. The drug barons, gun runners, politicians and so on.

Don't mock people who were hardworking at their old age and blame them for being reckless.

Some sold their wealth to save a family or brother.

Haven't you heard. Please just be reasonable.

For instance.
My father was extremely rich in the days of landline.

The change in demand from landphone to handset crippled his business. He could not switch easily. However, things changed later on.
So if he was poor you will call him reckless?

I am sure that people liking OP don't have a family yet. They are still living in their little responsibility lifestyles. Many people had alot of issues due to burden of family and children. Will you also blame them?

#NicelyWritten
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by FirmTR(m): 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:

Please can you teach me,and moreso my post is not to disregard the old Man Working but to buttress you and guard you to work hard and spend wisely

What you posted really is a great message, but you forgot to acknowledge the fact that being rich is not by one's might.

Or maybe you think poor people today are/were lazy people..
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tctrills: 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:

Am not the one that Snap it I copy it somewhere,I just used it to qualify my post
Did you ever think of what the child of this man would think if he sees his father's picture used for sure a post?
Of course, if you used the pics to cite a positive example that would have been a different story.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2022
FirmTR:

What you posted really is a great message, but you forgot to acknowledge the fact that being rich is not by one's might.

Or maybe you think poor people today are/were lazy people..

My post is not to disregard the old man Working but to drive our youths attention to old Age because our people behave as if there's no tomorrow
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 2:06pm On Dec 13, 2022
tctrills:

Did you ever think of what the child of this man would think if he sees his father's picture used for sure a post?
Of course, if you used the pics to cite a positive example that would have been a different story.

I also seen the picture as an illustration too, so don't blame me for that
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Goodbadbowy419: 2:11pm On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:

No be so Bro, don't you think how our nowadays Guy they behave,they don't even think of Old Age at

And why do you care ?

Na your money ?
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by paradigmshift(m): 2:16pm On Dec 13, 2022
CivilEngineer90:
grin grin me that follow motivational speakers and bought laptops in the he intention to see bro more than 200days, the asking price callers were making wasn't even half of my cost price. I ended up selling almost everything for half price. When they talk of investment abeg make them dey hit the nail for head.
A guy I know started poutry with 400birds and almost half died cheesy and the guy had to count his loses. Nigeria is bleeped up.
baba no be small o, u self dn go Tru a lot .if Dem dey talk d business or investment,e go dey sweet u but reality na another thing o grin... All those invest for your future, e no dey move me again cos my eye dn see shegge..if I get free money, look for any place for my town buy good land from a reputable seller because I no get power to drag land, fence and do ownership. All those invest, bring 200k and let your money work for you, na so my money for agropartnership tke enter voice mail, those investment platform na corporate scams wey dey work with banks and government.. Nigeria is messed up.. nothing is sure.. if God bless me, I go open filling station because fuel no dey spoil and also hotel, men must fucccck, even eatery too.. all this things no be small capital o.. even all those big men we dey look upto, 98% dn scam and loot before. Let me do my best and rest o... Na yahoo everybody dey do now .. e no easy to be man o, no be by pennis o grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Softmirror: 2:48pm On Dec 13, 2022
HardMirror:
funny thing is save all you want and invest all you want, not everyone has the capacity to be rich. fact. reason why i dont advice people on finances, because most people are programmed to be poor no matter how you guide them. If you have the capacity for wealth, you will always be able to get it. people who end up broke later in life only enjoyed luck when they were young. making money is natural to those that know how, they will always find a way even when they are old. FACT. most broke old people you see today did not even enjoy when they were young.
i have a friend that was angry that a young boy bought a car with his first million. him that knows how to save is over 10 years older than that boy and has never had 1million with all his prudence.
I have gone broke many times before, but i always bounce back, there was a time i was so broke a girl was the one that gave me urgent 2k, but I always bounce back withing 3 to 6 months max.
if you see an old person that is still working at old age, they never had the capacity to be rich. i laugh at all these children that think they know anything about money.

AFTER READING ALL YOU HAVE WRITTEN, I HAD TO GO AND READ THE OP ALL OVER AGAIN IF PERHAPS MY UNDERSTANDING WAS WRONG. I CAN ONLY COME TO THE CONCULSION THAT HE IS WARNING AGAINST LIVING A RECKLESS IN YOUTHFUL AGE WITHOUT PLANS FOR WHEN YOU BECOME OLD AND WEAK.

I AGREE WITH YOU, SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE CAPACITY TO BE RICH. A SON OF A MULTI MILLIONAIRE INHERITED SO MUCH FOR HIS DAD, TODAY IS AS BROKE AS A CHURCH RAT. WOMEN, WINE, PARTIES, TRADITIONAL TITLES WAS THE ORDER OF THE DAY.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by jmichael259(m): 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2022
Bruno3000:
Just look around, open ur eyes and identity the needs of the people, solve them and get paid. Simple.

Abegi

Okay, okay, oya use around you as case study and give us one sustainable option each.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by HardMirror(m): 2:57pm On Dec 13, 2022
Softmirror:

AFTER READING ALL YOU HAVE WRITTEN, I HAD TO GO AND READ THE OP ALL OVER AGAIN IF PERHAPS MY UNDERSTANDING WAS WRONG. I CAN ONLY COME TO THE CONCULSION THAT HE IS WARNING AGAINST LIVING A RECKLESS IN YOUTHFUL AGE WITHOUT PLANS FOR WHEN YOU BECOME OLD AND WEAK.

I AGREE WITH YOU, SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE CAPACITY TO BE RICH. A SON OF A MULTI MILLIONAIRE INHERITED SO MUCH FOR HIS DAD, TODAY IS AS BROKE AS A CHURCH RAT.

why did he use that man's picture? People will begin to see old people still working and still poor as those that wasted their youth. It can happen to 90% of those who are prudent now. Most hard working people will die poor. Only few will escape by the whiskers because their children will take care of them. What people need to learn is how to actually make money and retire early. I know where he is coming from, he is one of those idiots that judge people, he thinks his 50 kobo will save him from that old man's fate. He is feeling self righteous because he cannot afford gucci and most likely cannot keep a girlfriend. It is his type that wants to tell everyone how to spend their money. We know their type

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Rinoxy: 3:29pm On Dec 13, 2022
Yugoslavia247:

So the ones that were all righteous and poor nko.

Many people need exposure in this forum.

Go to villages you will see many people who never did anything bad to deserve being poor but they have their hopes high.

Many children who were reckless in their youth never ended poor. Especially those with solid foundation.

Hypocrisy is when you take an innocent hardworking old man pics and then accuse Him of leading a reckless youth life.

You might work and save up in your youth but end up poor. How about natural disasters, terminal illness and unforseen circumstances. What about those who were spiritually manipulated. Or those who were duped or defrauded. What about those who faced business downturn and ran into debt.

Be stuopid but know when not to be a nuisance.

Many became Rich by luck as Tony Elumelu claimed it was luck. Some did not need to work hard. Crypto billionaire are a clear example. The same things you do some did little and became Rich. Some people will live a reckless life and still end up being Rich on their dying bed. The drug barons, gun runners, politicians and so on.

Don't mock people who were hardworking at their old age and blame them for being reckless.

Some sold their wealth to save a family or brother.

Haven't you heard. Please just be reasonable.

For instance.
My father was extremely rich in the days of landline.

The change in demand from landphone to handset crippled his business. He could not switch easily. However, things changed later on.
So if he was poor you will call him reckless?

I am sure that people liking OP don't have a family yet. They are still living in their little responsibility lifestyles. Many people had alot of issues due to burden of family and children. Will you also blame them?

Pls school the op. Was wondering if he thinks that working hard n smart as a youth automatically results to a soft old age? He's actually asleep to the factors u mentioned.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Softmirror: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2022
HardMirror:
why did he use that man's picture? People will begin to see old people still working and still poor as those that wasted their youth. It can happen to 90% of those who are prudent now. Most hard working people will die poor. Only few will escape by the whiskers because their children will take care of them. What people need to learn is how to actually make money and retire early. I know where he is coming from, he is one of those idiots that judge people, he thinks his 50 kobo will save him from that old man's fate. He is feeling self righteous because he cannot afford gucci and most likely cannot keep a girlfriend. It is his type that wants to tell everyone how to spend their money. We know their type.

EXACTLY!

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Odebayo4010(m): 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2022
Goodbadbowy419:

And why do you care ?

Na your money ?

But they will regret in tomorrow
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Allisgud: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2022
maasoap:

I think a topic needs to be created on what types of investment should one have for old age as most people here agreed that one needs to invest for old age.
something u will keep waxing on till u old,instead of waiting for children as a retirement means

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Qaz2: 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2022
Yea

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. / Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.