Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly (78226 Views)

Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor / Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner / I Wish I Had Known This 5 Years Ago. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Elliotwaveforec: 11:12am On Dec 13, 2022
Children wey never chop belle full na em go get time for parents?
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by ObalaEmma: 11:15am On Dec 13, 2022
Some are seriously misinterpreting Op post based on the pics and the idea that life is unpredictable.

Life is Unpredictable and the pics doesn't tell the whole story about the mans Youth and what led him to such kind of tedious work at an age when he should be relaxing.

Yet, Op post and advice still stands as you have 70% chance to end like such a man if you don't save now, forget about the Jones and put your strength and investments on track at your energetic age.

Those who made millions or have encountered issues that made them loose their savings who also think Op is just an Amateur who knows nothing about life.... Let me tell you something... Life will always favour you if you cut your coat according to your size, stay away from foolish people(those who joke about everything), and apply wisdom and plan to everything you do.
With this 80% of the time, you don't need to bother about such a man or uneventualities.

Selah!!

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by olatade(m): 11:19am On Dec 13, 2022
Also remember that you're one sickness away from poverty.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by micflo28(m): 11:21am On Dec 13, 2022
OP you are wrong, Savings will not save you in the future. Rather on the contrary, investments will. Build businesses and sustain it. Money saved now may lose value in 10 to 20 years to come. But companies, Businesses and investments stand if you are careful enough to sustain and nurture it. Michelin tyre and peak milk has been existing for years, I believe the owners have grown old and weak but he built army of people to continue to nurture it. Invest rather than save. Savings can solve temporary problems, e.g getting married, paying school fees and the rest but it is only investment that can feed you at old age and keep you retired and still wealthy. Evolve your business when taste and demands evolve to catch up with the dynamics of business and production.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by pquaver(m): 11:23am On Dec 13, 2022
Allison012:
OP. we wake up everyday take our bath and bounce out to work. Working day and night for peanuts. How do you wants us to invest when all the peanuts we work for goes to feeding and other neccessities? Even savings we no fit do for this buhari and APC economy. Make baba GOD help us make we vote the right person for 2023.

This same Buhari economy, people are building houses, cbn said the wan to change naira people broke kolo result in thousands of naira, some millions. How did they do it? Are the magicians? Everything in life is priority.. Failures always have excuse.. Just know that.. Learn to sacrifice for your tomorrow..

2 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Bruno3000(m): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2022
iamyungkhalifa:
Op you be jonz nigger
So you think say na the money when you go save and the things whey you take suffer yourself go make you dey okay for life
You need to enter street and let people tell you what they pass through in life , you will be sorry for them
And if the rich tells you how they make their wealth, ��� you will even thank God that you are poor
Your savings has zero to do with you future status���
Your savings and wise investment decisions go along way in shaping out ur future. No matter how meagre ur income is, try save and invest. There is a business for every penny saved. I am an economist BTW.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by mukthar2000(m): 11:29am On Dec 13, 2022
RedCentaur:

My problem is not about hoping on your children as a retirement package, majority of these parents didn't lay a good foundation for their kids that will atleast guarantee them(kids) soft life in the future.

They keep recycling poverty all over again. It is in this country that you'll see somebody's father bragging about having a half dozen of children, telling you that atleast one of them will richer than Bill gates in the future.
you are right bro
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by CEwog91(m): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2022
paradigmshift:
which kind investment u dey talk about? Na so I go invest for agro partnership and my money lost. Invest for fishpond, nothing come out . if una dey talk about invest, dey specific..abeg .. invest this invest that ... U fit save or na so u wan do life investment bla bla, one problem fit wipe all those things and you are back to square zero, just do your best. No be every person u see wey dey suffer live wreck less life. Who no go no know...
invest in buying land . Do your findings well before paying..
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by dododawa1: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2022
Nigeria is not by HARDWORKING,but by STEALING e.g JONATHAN, BUHARI and OBASANJO and co.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by jmichael259(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2022
This life is paradox. Most times, gerund and inuendo can not save you.
i ghotara ife m meani?
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by bonnyhope: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2022
Softmirror:

A PESSIMIST MINDSET LOL. grin

Na reality but is difficult to accept
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by ShaqFu: 11:37am On Dec 13, 2022
Ishilove:
We do not know the circumstances of the old man's life.

How distasteful
the OP give credence to why they say "assumption is the mother of all fvck-ups".

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 13, 2022
Dshocker:

But how did you know the number of times she has been banned, if you weren't keeping tab on her.

Truth is painful, you are stalking her.

If you like her, why not tell her, rather than monitoring her activities on Nairaland.

Stalk? Bro..find another job & be a comedian. I took u serious but juss noticed u bored & just chatting $hit. U no nothin. How can I stalk someone I fokkked twice? U dint no that..did u? Siofra & I hav been having online beef for jokes. I no her, she knows me. Wot rubbish r u talking.
This is why I always end up slapping people's face...People like u. We r not enemies. Yes she been banned 17 times becuz am fully aware each time. If u broke & hav notin else to do....ask me nicely for moiney & I will gladly send u 30k. Peace!! angry
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by jmichael259(m): 11:44am On Dec 13, 2022
Bruno3000:
Your savings and wise investment decisions go along way in shaping out ur future. No matter how meagre ur income is, try save and invest. There is a business for every penny saved. I am an economist BTW.

Please help us with a business idea for 50k, 100k, 300k, 500k, 1m.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Tegabadguy(m): 11:53am On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:
If you see me hustle here and there without Gucci shoes and dresses,, this is exactly what I want to avoid

If you like flex out the life in you when you are young..
If you like spend all you gather for women and clothes...
If you like don't invest now you are still strong and save for the future...

Don't forget this,,old age will surely come when you can't work... Don't soly put your trust and hope on your kids because they may fail most especially when you didn't give them good foundation to stand.

Na person wey stand dey carry another person.
hmmmmm true
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by paradigmshift(m): 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2022
CEwog91:
invest in buying land . Do your findings well before paying..
I already have two.. building one which is almost completed and another 100 by 100. .. if money dey na to buy more for my state here because buying in another state dey fear prson

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by grandstar(m): 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2022
I have always felt if you can build a block of 4 or 6 flats, your retirement to some extent is secure.

There's a landlord in my former neighborhood in Alaus near shoprite. My neighbor, a spritely elderly man around 70 who owned a Block of 5 flats and a ground floor warehouse in the same building, did a long lease on warehouse. He bought 2 cars from the proceeds.

His wife who was Deeper life member is deceased. He has no dependent children. His 3 bedroom flats can command 1.5m each. When multiplied by 5, that's 7.5m per annum. Divide by a further 12 and you get N625,009 monthly.Not bad at all

So if you can, buy land in Lekki (global Warming might be an issue in the future) or Shimawa now.Better to buy 2 or 3 plots of land together. Build a small bungalow on one to rent out or to live in. It's simply to secure the property.

Wait for like 10 years. By then, you can sell the extra plot or 2 plots you have and retain one. The money from the sale money might be enough to enough to build you a block of flats or it may get you half way at least. You then add your money to finish the rest.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by LeHMaR(m): 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:
I feel sorry for the old man.
Na the only thing I dey look for the post.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by siofra(f): 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2022
Dshocker:

But how did you know the number of times she has been banned, if you weren't keeping tab on her.

Truth is painful, you are stalking her.

If you like her, why not tell her, rather than monitoring her activities on Nairaland.

Please don't waste your time on that Yaba left patient!
I wasn't banned, I don't know why he's so obsessed with me.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Wuppdex: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2022
Government institutions of sub saharan Africa have failed its citizens period, no reliable social and pension scheme for ordinary aging citizens, Democracy dividends they try to emulate from western world are only meant for politicians and their allies.

Odebayo4010:
If you see me hustle here and there without Gucci shoes and dresses,, this is exactly what I want to avoid

Don't forget this,,old age will surely come when you can't work... Don't soly put your trust and hope on your kids because they may fail most especially when you didn't give them good foundation to stand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by RichAbujaGuy: 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2022
Great post Hon. Op, many don't realize that frugality and disciplined saving while young cushions one's elder years. And saving takes on a invisible power of it's own for those in the know.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2022
You never know what he did with his life as a youth, you never know if he has family or even grown up kids.

You only know this during his obituary as people will come and claim kinship, especially if he has wealth stashed some where.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by pansophist(m): 12:23pm On Dec 13, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

sorry, i dont believe in this idealogy

people need to enjoy themselves when they are young

Most old people regret not doing that

It's about moderation. How is over partying, clubbing, drinking, smoking, and being directionless constitute enjoyment?

It's about working hard, and play hard, in fact play moderate. That's what weekends, holidays, and breaks are for. Now youth play all through, and even play more in school.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by GloryAhead(m): 12:27pm On Dec 13, 2022
Old age is one of the greatest challenges of human race. Investment is very important and necessary.
U can Invest in many areas, such as:
1. Most importantly, Invest in yourself.
2. Invest in people I.e. help the needy, teach people on how to fish. Be a mentor. In your old age fortune may smile on you.
3. Invest in God's work I.e. Kingdom investment is a key as child of God. The rewards may not be now, but later in your old age. Moreover, its could open generational doors through your children.
4. Invest in our parents. No matter how little, pls remember your parents. Note, " what a man sow, shall he also reap " . ie. give to ur parents at old age.
5. Invest in your children. Give them the best within ur reach. Because, your children are your greatest access. Like someone said earlier; pave ways for them. Put your children on a success paths by encouraging them to achieved their dreams. When dreams are achieved, success becomes inevitable.
6. Lastly, invest in prayers for your old age. Prayers are like money kept in the bank.... prayer never dies!
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2022
You believe say him spend lavishly abi..do you even know his story..think before talk..do you think it's everyone that is got equal chance in life..
Odebayo4010:

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Softmirror: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2022
bonnyhope:

Na reality but is difficult to accept

REALITY THAT YOU WILL DIE YOUNG?! undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by uche393: 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2022
iamyungkhalifa:
Op you be jonz nigger
So you think say na the money when you go save and the things whey you take suffer yourself go make you dey okay for life
You need to enter street and let people tell you what they pass through in life , you will be sorry for them
And if the rich tells you how they make their wealth, ��� you will even thank God that you are poor
Your savings has zero to do with you future status���
you be Mumu, continue deceiving your self and other. people like are the ones that will vote Tinubu 2023.

how can you say that savings aren't important?
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Softmirror: 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2022
HardMirror:
see people like him know nada about life. Fact.

I invested a lot of money in my mid 20s and lost everything. That was how i went into gambling out of depression and frustration.
Thank god i don put all that behind me and able to recover fast.

Koko is make as much money as is possible and enjoy your money it does not mean you cant also save and invest, important thing is to spend what you can afford and we all cannot be living like rat because we want to invest. When we die, that is the end, who am i keeping the money for?
I repeat. Saving from 20k salary cannot make you better than a guy saving squandering N2m every month but able to save 3million, all these idiots should stop thinking they know anything about money. That man pushing wheelbarrow never had the capacity to be rich to start with.

THE GUY IS SAYING THE SAME THING. THE QUESTION IS, WHY DID YOU QUIT GAMBLING?! ONE IS ALSO GAMBLING WITH ONE'S FUTURE OF ONE CHOOSE NOT TO INVEST BUT CHOOSE ENJOYMENT GALORE WITHOUT ANY PLANS ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF BEING PRIVILEGE TO BE BLESSED WITH LONG LIFE.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by uche393: 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2022
many of us have opportunities to be rich but bad lifestyle and bad decisions are the problem.

saving is very important don't mind what you hear from some niggas, savings can give you capital to startup and you can easily get assistance if you have capital (you Will be taken seriousl)

investment can be inform learning a skill not necessarily building houses, which you can consider later.
also being religious cannot make you rich except you have something doing, paying tithe and offering cannot make you rich.

Long term plans will make things easier for you.

I don't depend on God or pastors prayers because nature has already made everything available for me, all I need is to work towards it and meditate.

read books...... the laws of attraction works

avoid greed and get rich quick schemes.

my dad isn't Rich and I studied his life and won't make mistakes he made..... his major mistake is planning short term

4 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Pacesetter2021: 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:

if God provide for the birds and all living thing, why should I labour to be rich. I want only what God can give. What is not from Him, I want nothing of. Is tomorrow promised you? What if you gather for old age and don't see it. Let's return to our maker. He alone can take care of us.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Yankee101: 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2022
Wisdom

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. / Melinda Gates Rents ₦50Million Per Night Private Island(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.