Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,337 members, 7,836,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Delima Of A Lagosian Seeking For House - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Delima Of A Lagosian Seeking For House (663 Views)

You Can't Call Yourself A Lagosian If You've Not Had This. / I Need Someone To **** Me And Give Me Money For House Rent- Says Girl On Twitter / Please Help Iam In A Delima... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delima Of A Lagosian Seeking For House by Flesh10: 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2022
My people i have been in search of accommodation (mini flat) in Lagos for some time now and it is gradually becoming depressing for me. Notice will be due by January and forceful eviction will be used.

I live In a room self contain but my compound was sold and we were evicted.

Na so search begin o.

I decided to opt for mini flat because I am 31yrs old and see myself settling down in 2024. I don't want a situation where I rent a room then when I marry I start going through same stress again.

I am a hustler with no fix Pay. There are months I make like 150k while there are months I don't even get up to 60k (like this December).

Also, I have another passive income that gets me like 25k weekly (this one just began).

For my liabilities.... I remit 5k to my mom weekly for upkeep and I also support my fiancee with 5k ( make una no raise alarm grin, babe has paid her dues and stuck by me when times were rough), feeding and transport gup like 2k daily

But here are the two options I have.

1. I got a mini flat in Ikeja which is 600k yearly.

Two toilets, personal prepaid meter, N400 to and fro to my place of work, in a serene environment, also with running water.

My fear is just the rent, I am scared I may be working for landlord OR may find it hard to pay. But I look at the prospect of serenity, raising kids and connecting with people in a civilized environment. There is also possibility of it getting increased after two years.

Total package to secure this 850k (if I pay this I don't have another money to even move my properties).

2. I got another accommodation this one is in A place in iyana ipaja

Mini flat
Estimated meter
Quite inside, more like a rural area
Possibility of getting robbed late at night is high
Possibility of getting disturbed by flood and spend longer hours in traffic
400k per annum (I can easily pay this)
The roads are bad.
Cost of moving from there to work may be like N1000 to and fro.
Total packaged to secure the rent, 650k

Please l am confused.

Looking at my earnings, the pros and cons which of the two will be a wise decision
Re: Delima Of A Lagosian Seeking For House by PJtech: 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2022
Keep searching

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delima Of A Lagosian Seeking For House by Islandboi(m): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2022
You never see house yet. Keep searching. Try Ogba side. I mean ifako ijaiye area.
Re: Delima Of A Lagosian Seeking For House by BlackyOne: 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2022
Save and invest in alternate source of income, I don't see the rush to go for a mini flat now since you're not married yet.

Get yourself a room self contain and continue managing yourself as you plan for marriage!..

Why isn't your girlfriend working?

1 Like

Re: Delima Of A Lagosian Seeking For House by Flesh10: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2022
BlackyOne:
Save and invest in alternate source of income, I don't see the rush to go for a mini flat now since you're not married yet.

Get yourself a room self contain and continue managing yourself as you plan for marriage!..

My girlfriend is a student.

A room self contain now 350k with agent n agreement fee is 550k
Re: Delima Of A Lagosian Seeking For House by Flesh10: 8:41pm On Dec 16, 2022
Islandboi:
You never see house yet. Keep searching. Try Ogba side. I mean ifako ijaiye area.

Ogba is 500k
Re: Delima Of A Lagosian Seeking For House by Islandboi(m): 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2022
Flesh10:

Ogba is 500k
its not up to that
Re: Delima Of A Lagosian Seeking For House by Flesh10: 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
Islandboi:
its not up to that

It's even more than that. Told you I have been on this search for 5months and Ogba/okeira/ajayi/obawole are the areas I scanned most.

My brother if you see mini flat of 450k thank God. The ones u will see are old face me I face u.

Lagos is messed up. Even ayobo is 350k yearly

1 Like

Re: Delima Of A Lagosian Seeking For House by Hismercy20: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2023
Blacklane:
Save and invest in alternate sources of income, I don't see the rush to go for a mini flat now since you're not married yet.

it seems you don’t know what people go through in Lagos before they can secure accommodation. The op is planning to get married next year and you are saying he should go for a room self-contained so in 2024, he will still have to pay for another agreement and commission? Op, Don’t take this advice. Look for a moderate mini-flat depending on your work’s place location. I just moved to a new apartment here at Ayobo and the place is not that bad.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If You Have To Force People To Support You Or To Be Consistent With Their Effort / Career Ladies Have Changed Marriage Age To 35...? / Ladies, Would You Date A Nairalander who Follows many Females on nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.