Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children (46016 Views)

Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
Realhommie:
You're just misquoting the Bible.. Christ hammered on "Mercy". God is merciful and if He thinks upon mercy even when we deserve punishment then who are you to not forgive?

Or do you think you haven't fallen short? There's nothing, i mean absolutely no gain in being unforgiving and wicked, more so to a parent. If the young man doesn't help his father then he has set a bad precedent and karma will dish out same fate to him. You think the father doesn't already realize he did wrong and is paying the price?

If you're truly a child of God then you should understand the place and importance of Mercy and Forgiveness. So don't come and mislead people here. It will be wicked of him not to assist the old man.

If you continue to judge and punish a man for his past mistakes then even you can't be worthy before God, the singular reason is because you're not without blemish. It is that simple, there's no other logic to it.

This preaching would've been better if preached to the sperm donor that abandoned young kids with their sick mother. He's the one that needed to have mercy on the offsprings he brought to the world.

Now those offsprings managed to survive and are now being blackmailed to help the man. Because they're alive ba?

See, many men have taken advantage of this mercy preaching but when they abandon their families, their hearts are like stone.

Forgiving him is not the issue, even me I've forgiven him on op's behalf grin but you see that fruit he sowed, reaping is a must.

Upcoming deadbeat fathers must borrow sense. If you bring kids to the world, you're responsible for taking care of them. And these applies to both genders.

When the man abandoned his kids he was giving his attention to someone or some people. It's time to go to those he sowed and reap from them.chikena

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Realhommie(m): 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2023
kk2027:

This preaching would've been better if preached to the sperm donor that abandoned young kids with their sick mother. He's the one that needed to have mercy on the offsprings he brought to the world.

Now those offsprings managed to survive and are now being blackmailed to help the man. Because they're alive ba?

See, many men have taken advantage of this mercy preaching but when they abandon their families, their hearts are like stone.

Forgiving him is not the issue, even me I've forgiven him on op's behalf grin but you see that fruit he sowed, reaping is a must.

Upcoming deadbeat fathers must borrow sense. If you bring kids to the world, you're responsible for taking care of them. And these applies to both genders.

When the man abandoned his kids he was giving his attention to someone or some people. It's time to go to those he sowed and reap from them.chikena
He made his mistake, what's done is done.

My point and that of countless others who urged the young man/woman to reverse his/her decision in no way encourages other men to be deadbeats, nahhhhh.. We're saying neglecting the father won't make him any different from the father and the cycle will continue. What lesson are you teaching him when the man is sick and dying?

And you missed the most important point of my previous mention, Mercy and Forgiveness. I asked you a question, have you ever fallen short? If your answer is Yes then what makes you any different from that man?

My father also abandoned us. He wasn't a bad father, but he missed it. Many years ago when we met and spoke man to man i told him of how disappointed i was in him and how he failed as a father but i didn't hold that against him. Myself and my siblings look out for him, only our youngest find it difficult to forgive because he didn't really feel the impact of a father growing up. But that's life, he'll come around eventually as he matures and understand that it is better to not live in anger and unforgiveness towards others, for your own peace.

I specifically mentioned you because you quoted scripture. Meaning you're a Christian. And you can't be a Christian yet preach unforgiveness or returning evil with evil, it means you're not different from an unbeliever. Na Christ talk am, no be me.

Other people may have their views, which is ok too but a true christian will never see the need to recompense evil with evil.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kryzboy(m): 10:30am On Apr 21, 2023
I know
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Dominion791(m): 10:35am On Apr 21, 2023
My dad will suffer at his old age
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by javascript1901: 1:08pm On Apr 07
kestolove95:
nice one, my dad is a very useless man Nd he will not die now until he sees us succeed Nd his death we shall sing Nd dance... Useless father God gave mi

So this thing is common
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by femmoy(m): 4:03pm On Apr 07
Chee59:

Any good done for a parent who neglected their children is only because of God.
That's why you see me pleading with him.
Good parents deserved to be cared for in old age.
Negligent parents deserve what they've sown. Anything else is a product of mercy.

Mind you,regardless of what your parent (Dad) might have done, you're never supposed to judge him but there you are judging.

Kindly note that your child(ren) will do it back to you in your old age. Seanwilliams already stated this.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by javascript1901: 5:46pm On Apr 07
femmoy:

Mind you,regardless of what your parent (Dad) might have done, you're never supposed to judge him but there you are judging.

Kindly note that your child(ren) will do it back to you in your old age. Seanwilliams already stated this.

Source?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photo Of Little Boy Sucking A Mannequin Has Got People Talking / / This Guy Celebrates His Mum Who Sold Food By The Roadside For 30 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.