Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children (46018 Views)

Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Komu1048(m): 6:51am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why would his children threat him that way when he does not intend to abandon them like his father before him? undecided

I will borrow wisdom from you this 2023! undecided

My Bible ask us to honour our father and mother, it's a blessing on it's own.

And thank u for pledging to borrow sense from me, I will be happy to help grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 7:04am On Jan 01, 2023
Komu1048:
And thank u for pledging to borrow sense from me, I will be happy to help grin grin
This year, try to make sure you pay attention to what is in fact written in the book and not what you assume of what is written in the book. undecided

What is written in scripture is that the law you quoted was instead given by God as a part of the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. So how does it make sense to quote a law that belongs to another country at the person there who was abandoned by his father? undecided
I can't pledge to borrow from you since I already see you are missing major portions there such as the detail above. undecided
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by seunmsg(m): 7:22am On Jan 01, 2023
adedayoa2:
even if they do have a retirement plan, I don't see anything wrong in taking care of parents, they took care of the children when they were young, part of their monies went into the needs of the children.

Nothing wrong in children taking care of their parents o. However, in this generation where children now boldly come on social media to tell us how they plan or are actually starving their parents to death for one reason or the other, parents must re-strategize. Don’t let your children be your retirement plan. If they come in good for you in retirement, well and good. However, there must be a solid retirement plan irrespective of how the children turns out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ahiboilandgas: 7:44am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Pretty much! undecided

Imagine the nerves of a man/woman who abandoned children to suffer for many years crawling back to the very same people he once considered of no worth seeking to be cared for. Na because tradition don't drug people mind say taking them back is the responsible thing. Problem is that also means these individuals also never reap the reward that awaited them and the wisdom from that is lost from the collective by that. Any wonder why these wicked folks seem to get bolder and bolder with each generation. undecided
in the North million of this useless sperm donors throw kids to the street with zero care !

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ahiboilandgas: 7:48am On Jan 01, 2023
Komu1048:

but it forgot to Mandate the fathers to care of the kids the father procreate as will and no compulsion . Religion is a problem to peaceful world .very biased and unreasonable

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Pennywise2: 7:55am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Forgiveness means to cancel a debt owed. Forgiveness does not however mean you continue the relationship you previously had with the one who offended you nor does it mean that you sit back and allowed said person to then continue to hurt you. undecided

2. A peacemaker is one who forgives as opposed to not forgiving. The father abandoned and hurt the children and so definitely, they should look to forgiving him, not for his sake but for their sake since God will only forgive those who forgive others. But suggesting they must help him in his time of need is something else entirely. undecided

3. You quoted there from Matthew 25 vs 40, but you forget that that is work required of those who have become righteous — recall that sin makes filthy all our good works, Isaiah 64 vs 6 —and the other poster did not tell you anywhere that he is a righteous man so requiring of him righteous work is overstepping on your part. Make we please try to dey leave God out of many of these things so we can be more reasonable in our judgment first. undecided
don't worry bro. I come in peace. U don't have to go back to him. But soon u will understand why. I wish you the best.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ahiboilandgas: 8:00am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This new year, my advice to you is that you read more books on critical thinking and reasoning so you no longer regurgitate recycled bullsheet. undecided
you 1.Q is too high for him!
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 8:01am On Jan 01, 2023
Pennywise2:
don't worry bro. I come in peace. U don't have to go back to him. But soon u will understand why. I wish you the best.
Please stop with the ridiculous fear-mongering abeg! undecided
Stop picking around for justification for that for which there is none. What you are pushing has no bearing in scripture and not in commonsense. undecided
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What is the world are you rambling about in your attempt to use God's name for whatever it is you are attempting to do here? undecided

Atleast try to be reasonable in the new year. You don't have to be completely daft. You have something upstairs, use it wisely

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do you even know what a generational curse is to begin with? Who told you there is even a generational curse here to begin with? Na so una go dey yap about things you have no real clue of.. undecided

While trying to sound smart, you kept disgracing yourself. If the comment was too high for you, then pass. You don't have to exhibit your stupidity. You just wanted to quote that comment without reading through and what did that make you?

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
To forgive means to forgive them of all their hurts against you. That is all. No aspect of forgiveness stipulates that you continue in relationship with the one who you have forgiven as though nothing has changed. undecided

Hmmmmm you're so hurt. May God heal your heart. Please help him. Remember God helped you not because you are good. No one is good but God.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Femi8586(m): 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
Bethanybethel:
You are right my dad is paying the price for abandoning us with our sick mother. He have some health issues I have decided not to help him, he will suffer until his last breath on earth..

Lol the "He will suffer until his last breath on earth" made me laugh
Your dad may have hurt you but it is unnecessary punishing him till his last day on earth. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And I don't think you will be this mean(unforgiving) if it were a woman(your mom) in your dad's situation. Lol grin
But because na man, so he deserve eternal punishment cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On Jan 01, 2023
Baddosqqi:
Hmmmmm you're so hurt. May God heal your heart. Please help him. Remember God helped you not because you are good. No one is good but God.
Because I am against using the name of God to spew lies means I am hurt? lipsrsealed

God also helps even atheists. That is no reason to the endorse foolishness using His Name. undecided
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by RPG2020(m): 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But, by suggesting that he is paying evil with evil you assume he is responsible for this man who abandoned him as a child, which is not the case at all. undecided

Don't pay evil with evil

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by dalass(f): 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop dragging God into the muck that is humans abeg! undecided

God said to forgive, but He did not say that after you forgive, sit back and allow the hurt to continue. Your future depends on you making wise decisions in your life now and one very wise thing to do is to run away from that which causes you to hurt. Don't sit back and allow it to continue— doing so is what an imbe_cile would do. undecided

Forgiveness is divine, only God can help us with it That's why God is involved. You can get away from the person that hurt you but the hurting continues eating deep inside if you don't let go ....

I don't support abusive relationship and cannot tolerate being in any. But you will still be hurt one way or another maybe by a parent. You need to forgive them even if you're not close to them because of your own children who learn from what you do to those who birthed you .
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Jan 01, 2023
dalass:
1. Forgiveness is divine, only God can help us with it That's why God is involved. You can get away from the person that hurt you but the hurting continues eating deep inside if you don't let go ....

2. I don't support abusive relationship and cannot tolerate being in any. But you will still be hurt one way or another maybe by a parent. You need to forgive them even if you're not close to them because of your own children who learn from what you do to those who birthed you .
1. So when unbelievers forgive it is also of the divine? undecided
The hurting continues even after you have forgiven? undecided
2. So if you are not close to your parents your own children will not be close to you? But that makes no sense at all particularly since it is not true at all in the world outside of your mind. undecided
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by dalass(f): 7:32pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So when unbelievers forgive it is also of the divine? undecided
The hurting continues even after you have forgiven? undecided
2. So if you are not close to your parents your own children will not be close to you? But that makes no sense at all particularly since it is not true at all in the world outside of your mind. undecided

Who am I to reason with a kobojunkie?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
dalass:
Who am I to reason with a kobojunkie?

grin grin grin
Don't try to reason with me. Instead reason with facts particularly as they present themselves in what is reality at least. undecided

Happy New Year ! grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ChukwukaEze: 9:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
NezzyMike:

He will take responsibility for the man's foolishness? I guess you never experienced such sha. Some fathers can be ruthless and WIC.ked and even transfer it to mumcy
You feel this way because you don't see youself singly. You look at your parent and depend on them for almost on everything. It is true they are reponsible for you, but if you made them an added advantage and saw more of yourself, you wouldn't be disappointed at his WIC.kedness.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by dalass(f): 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Don't try to reason with me. Instead reason with facts particularly as they present themselves in what is reality at least. undecided

Happy New Year ! grin

Wishing you same grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Because I am against using the name of God to spew lies means I am hurt? lipsrsealed

God also helps even atheists. That is no reason to the endorse foolishness using His Name. undecided

Oh I did not know I was talking to someone who hasn't the fear of God. Quite a waste of time. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Kill him if you like. Bye

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
Baddosqqi:
Oh I did not know I was talking to someone who hasn't the fear of God. Quite a waste of time. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Kill him if you like. Bye
So, now I don't have the fear of God? LOL.... keep dribbling! undecided

Happy New Year ! grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by NezzyMike: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
ChukwukaEze:
You feel this way because you don't see youself singly. You look at your parent and depend on them for almost on everything. It is true they are reponsible for you, but if you made them an added advantage and saw more of yourself, you wouldn't be disappointed at his WIC.kedness.

Rest Sir! Showing affection and care to children is not all about parents giving them money, rather being there emotionally and physically. So a child below 13 or 12 should fend for himself? You are too pathetic sha
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Sepviour(m): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Please consider getting professional mental health counseling this year so you can wrap up those wounds of your past and get them to heal soon. That way you can move past them to enjoy life too. undecided
Thanks, I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by inosend: 10:01am On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This new year, my advice to you is that you read more books on critical thinking and reasoning so you no longer regurgitate recycled bullsheet. undecided
okay. I will so long as I believe the Bible to be God's Word & no contrary thought\ideology can dissuade my belief.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by toxtimmy: 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2023
even a miracle cannot make you understand something so simple... forgive and move on and respect all even those that hurt you

Kobojunkie:
Being a follower of Jesus Christ does not call for foolishness! Forgive those who err against you does not mean you have to then sit and continue to accept their bullsheet... no, you can cut off from them instead. When you forgive a person, it means you forgive them for the faults and hurts against you in the past. You become nothing but a fool when you then sit back and allow that person to continue to hurt you. undecided

If you were abandoned by a parent, you can forgive that parent and move on to living your life without such a person. God didn't call anyone to become a punching bag in the name of Jesus Christ. Please stop preaching that He did abeg! undecided
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by toxtimmy: 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2023
even a miracle cannot make you understand something so simple... forgive and move on and respect all even those that hurt you...

ZIMDRILL:

forgiveness is not like an ON switch that you can flip to turn, its a process that either one has to go through on their own and shown through therapy or teachings by someone

forgiveness process is like falling in love, you fall in love becoz someone has told you to, at process that happens either through your desires or how someone treats you

Most people they with have to heal or accept what happened then they forgive
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
toxtimmy:
even a miracle cannot make you understand something so simple... forgive and move on and respect all even those that hurt you
In this new year, please desist from any and every attempt to use the name of God to spread that which amounts to foolishness abeg! undecided
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2023
toxtimmy:
even a miracle cannot make you understand something so simple... forgive and move on and respect all even those that hurt you...

it can simple to you and someone who is being told what happened but hard for the actual victim
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by bukatyne(f): 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2023
Chee59:
TO THE MEN ESPECIALLY.
Please if you can't afford to be physically, emotionally and financially there for your children, you don't need to have children.

I'm begging you with so much pain.

Child neglect is abuse. And abuse ruins life.
Don't bow to pressure to have kids if you know you're not ready.
It's better to have a dead parent than a negligent parent.

Where do these nitwits spring out from?

Teachers are not emotionally attached to students? Leaders are not attached to followers?

Na wa o.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by toxtimmy: 12:27am On Jan 05, 2023
i understand it's hard but tell me anything good that comes easy?

ZIMDRILL:

it can simple to you and someone who is being told what happened but hard for the actual victim
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Realhommie(m): 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
kk2027:

He left the mother and left the children too? Mtchew

@bethanybethel dont let anyone blackmail you into anything you dont want to do.

The bible is clear that God cannot be mocked and whatsoever a man soweth, he reapeth
You're just misquoting the Bible.. Christ hammered on "Mercy". God is merciful and if He thinks upon mercy even when we deserve punishment then who are you to not forgive?

Or do you think you haven't fallen short? There's nothing, i mean absolutely no gain in being unforgiving and wicked, more so to a parent. If the young man doesn't help his father then he has set a bad precedent and karma will dish out same fate to him. You think the father doesn't already realize he did wrong and is paying the price?

If you're truly a child of God then you should understand the place and importance of Mercy and Forgiveness. So don't come and mislead people here. It will be wicked of him not to assist the old man.

If you continue to judge and punish a man for his past mistakes then even you can't be worthy before God, the singular reason is because you're not without blemish. It is that simple, there's no other logic to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photo Of Little Boy Sucking A Mannequin Has Got People Talking / / This Guy Celebrates His Mum Who Sold Food By The Roadside For 30 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.