Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children (46014 Views)

Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by hopexter(m): 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
You are right my dad is paying the price for abandoning us with our sick mother. He have some health issues I have decided not to help him, he will suffer until his last breath on earth..

What you sow is what you reap.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
kansoboy:

Oga go Nd help Ur father if u can afford it... One day, if u are a man, u may understand y he left u and Ur mother....but don't make mistake of letting him die when u can safe his life.

If u are a girl, u wil never under his reason. But u will get in love one day and u will begin to wonder y is life like this.

He left the mother and left the children too? Mtchew

@bethanybethel dont let anyone blackmail you into anything you dont want to do.

The bible is clear that God cannot be mocked and whatsoever a man soweth, he reapeth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Cromagnon: 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
Chee59:
It is not masculinity to abandon your offspring.
You brought them into this world.
Don't think your only duty is to buy food and pay school fees.
As much as possible, be present in their daily lives.
Don't let toxic masculinity destroy your home.
I'm begging you. Please.
Those children NEED you. They need your presence. They need your attention.
Get involved in their daily lives.
Ask them important questions about their lives.
Affirm them. Speak positively over their lives.
Please never curse them.
did he say abandon your children?
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by excesslove90(m): 12:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
You are right my dad is paying the price for abandoning us with our sick mother. He have some health issues I have decided not to help him, he will suffer until his last breath on earth..
Pls reconsider God will bless you
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

That is not right... Honor your father and mother that you may live long is what the scriptures commanded... Forgive him please.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Olaolex: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
nicerod:
grin grin

Awon werey motivational speakers

Will just wake up one day and be spewing thrash
What is trash about this now? If you know you have nothing sensible to say, gently go back to your ogogoro joint and take more sachets. You have no business in child bearing. Children are not for a dead brain man like you. You thing everything about transfering aggression. May God help you
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

Who is now the animal? Hope you understand what they call curse.

Why can't you treat him so as to erase the generational curse? A word they say...
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Mummyfour(f): 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
Any man that deliberately abandons his children will have karma and nemesis to contend with by the time old age and sickness sets in.
He must suffer for it.

And that man that says God said he should abandon his children, keep on lying. Your lies will disgrace you someday when your children are all grown and blessed mightily by their heavenly father.

Remember that a family is important and that is why our lord Jesus Christ had to come in form of flesh through a family.

I reiterate it, that no man should ever abandon his children for no reason and open his mouth to pray to God, because his prayers would be worst than an abomination, and he is worst than an infidel.
Money is not every thing even though it is important, care for your children emotionally, physically, spiritualily etc.

Most men are so wicked and negligent that while still alive, their children would be adopted by other men who understand the true meaning of fatherhood

If you have plans of abandoning your children, then become sterile please.
The pains children without fathers pass through is heartbreaking and that's why some of them if not we'll managed begin to loathe their fellow men or begin to get involved in abominable vices
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kestolove95(m): 12:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
nice one, my dad is a very useless man Nd he will not die now until he sees us succeed Nd his death we shall sing Nd dance... Useless father God gave mi

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
toluxe0075:
Takes like what is in the picture the op posted is one of the major reasons many dads are lonely at old age.

Most dads spend most of their life making their children fear them than love them.

They don’t create any beautiful memories with their children. They don’t initiative conversations that can help build bond with their children. And when they do, they get angry and shout down their children for coming up with opposing ideas about a subject. The children cannot be themselves around them. To some dads, commanding the children and forcing them to obey is the major reason they give birth in the first place.

When the children grow up, they have nothing to discuss with their dads. No intimate bond that can trigger cordial emotions or conversation. That is why many older children and their dads might be in the sitting room for hours without uttering any word to each other.

Many dads try to make up later when they realized their mistakes, but it’s always too late. This reminded me of a story a friend told me that whenever himself and his siblings are gathered in a room having fun or conversation and their dad tries to join them, they all leave the room one after the other or have lesser conversation.

Why? Their dad was fond of sending them to their rooms at every given opportunity when the family gathers, especially when they give dissenting opinions or when their dad wants to force his way to watch a movie of his interest. They also find it difficult to be themselves around him because they don’t know what might get him angry.

It’s better you build a good relationship with your children than any other thing. Your children will become your friend when you do so. This would make them to be free to share their problems, happiness, and sorrow with you.

Many guys will not understand this. But I hope they learn quickly before it’s too late. Don’t allow random internet post make you make mistakes you will regret forever.
You really hit the nail on the head with this
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

He left the mother and left the children too? Mtchew

@bethanybethel dont let anyone blackmail you into anything you dont want to do.

The bible is clear that God cannot be mocked and whatsoever a man soweth, he reapeth

So, that is how you translate your own scripture? Preacher of doom, are you the one to harvest what he sow? Definitely a man must die but should you be the one to kill him? Jesus CAME to die but must you now be the Judas?

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ubimagos: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
I'm very close to my children but even before my very own eyes they know their preference, I and my wife laugh over it.
Mummy will come and stay with us but Daddy can come and visit and go, I can't blame them, it's natural.
ibkayee:

It's happening already, accusations of the mum poisoning the kids against their father to shift blame for the dad's failings grin

If you treat your kids well they will recognise it, eventually they grow up from the impressionable children they were to adults who can observe for themselves.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by dominique(f): 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
kansoboy:

Oga go Nd help Ur father if u can afford it... One day, if u are a man, u may understand y he left u and Ur mother....but don't make mistake of letting him die when u can safe his life.

If u are a girl, u wil never under his reason. But u will get in love one day and u will begin to wonder y is life like this.

So there's a good reason for men to abandon their children? A reason only men can understand? Wonderful!

You and every other person using emotional blackmail and scare tactics to make that poster help her father should get lost biko. Abandon your children and your children reserves the rights to abandon you in old age and NOTHING will happen to them. Na parents wey dey there for us we go take care of in old age not useless deadbeats grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Akabuking: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
just he remember that no matter what, he's still your dad. d day you will lose him, that's d day you will know his importance.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Pimine: 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2022
Chee59:

You have time to explain.
Toxic masculinity will finish him if he doesn't amend his mindset.
Calm down with the made-up jargon abeg. Ain't nothing toxic about masculinity.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Vinesee: 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2022
So many men where pushed away by there wife's and they turned the kids against him. If a man stays to fight and something happens, the world will blame him that he should have left. Personally, I haven't seen my kids in 2 yrs because there mum took them away and I have been in court but the court is not even helping matters, so many adjournment here and there. Most times, it's not the fault of the men but wicked and evil women in there life's. I'm talking from experience

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ddworld:

So, that is how you translate your own scripture? Preacher of doom, are you the one to harvest what he sow? Definitely a man must die but should you be the one to kill him? Jesus CAME to die but must you now be the Judas?

Lmao he killed himself
God cannot be mocked
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Angelfrost(m): 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2022
seanwilliam:

Same fate will befall you in your old age.

Some of you spend so much on women/people who have never contributed shishi to your life. So u want to tell me that your father never for once contributed anything to your life? Even when you were young and know nothing ? I can see your mom really poisoned your mind. Good luck .

So you conveniently missed the part where he clearly stated that they were abandoned by the father when their mom fell sick!

You reap what you sow indeed... If he toes the path of his father towards his kids, then he reaps the same thing... But if he is better father toward his kids, he will reap far better than his father.

Quit casting blames on mothers for the negligence of absentee fathers!

I speak as a father who knows better.

5 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Tunagee(m): 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

You too should be warming up cos your children will neglect you when you suffer same

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Isabi4lov: 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2022
I thank God for the kind of parents I have, even though we don't have much, they are always there for us .. I pray they live long to reap the fruits of their labor..

If you neglect your child / children, expect same when you need them in your most difficult times .
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Martinez39s(m): 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
This thread is proof that comprehension is an issue with many.

5 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Lamasta(m): 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

Let love lead brother don't tow the same line your father tow try to correct the wrong of the past and heal abeg support the man he is still your father.....
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ddworld:

Who is now the animal? Hope you understand what they call curse.

Why can't you treat him so as to erase the generational curse? A word they say...

How did generational curse enter this matter now?

Looks like there are so many deadbeat dads on nairaland

Men take care of your kids, its not too much for the kids to ask

My dad is a great role model for me, kids must be attended to regardless of the circumstance, its simple.

And if anyone refuses to do that, he/she reaps what he/she sows

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
Tunagee:

You too should be warming up cos your children will neglect you when you suffer same

How will he suffer same if he takes care of his own kids

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2022
dominique:

So there's a good reason for men to abandon their children? A reason only men can understand? Wonderful!

You and every other person using emotional blackmail and scare tactics to make that poster help her father should get lost biko. Abandon your children and your children reserves the rights to abandon you in old age and NOTHING will happen to them. Na parents wey dey there for us we go take care of in old age not useless deadbeats grin

Simple and short grin

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by charly20(m): 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2022
Chee59:
TO THE MEN ESPECIALLY.
Please if you can't afford to be physically, emotionally and financially there for your children, you don't need to have children.

I'm begging you with so much pain.

Child neglect is abuse. And abuse ruins life.
Don't bow to pressure to have kids if you know you're not ready.
It's better to have a dead parent than a negligent parent.

He is simply saying; "do not be so attached that it becomes difficult to dish out disciplinary measures."

So attached that being told "I will take the children and run away" will make you cower from being a strong masculine figure to them

Stop exaggerating events to score cheap points.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
Baddosqqi:

That is not right... Honor your father and mother that you may live long is what the scriptures commanded... Forgive him please.

The bible also says "fathers, provoke not your children to anger"

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Lasgidi90(m): 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
Tunagee:

But that is if he abandons his children with their mother as well. Kindly remember that.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Akhaz024: 12:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
Hmm � parents should learn how to take care of their children
But for those comparing mothers to father I believe is not necessary here because female are more emotional than man is just like comparing a male teacher to a female teacher to primary pupils
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 12:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
Chee59:

Exactly. But they'll say the woman brainwash the kids.

This girl. You keep changing monikers.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2022
adedayoa2:
no, don't do that. If you continue like that, it only shows you have learnt from the best. Before you ask "are you in my shoes"? Yes, and my mum never allowed us neglect him now that he is old.

Maybe his own mom is ok with him abandoning the man

So the shoe may still not be the same las las

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photo Of Little Boy Sucking A Mannequin Has Got People Talking / / This Guy Celebrates His Mum Who Sold Food By The Roadside For 30 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.