Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,822 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? (29518 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Richie77: 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2023
Speed kills.....
With my Nissan KA24DE Engine, I did 160km/hr on many occasions.....

Benin - Owo road ..... ( Out of fear)
Lagos - Ibadan express... (Just cruising)
Ilesa - Ibadan.... ( pursued by some guys with a jeep on 2nd Jan 2020; They eventually gave up)
Ibadan-Lagos ( Ignorance: racing a truck using 8 plugs with my 4 plug engine)

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by geesilver(m): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2023
I did 120km/h.....but I had to slow down when I remember say I never enjoy life enough to endangered myself

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Parachoko: 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2023
SeaTrade:
It's not illegal as we don't have speed limits on our highways.
Autobahn for Germany ,you get overtaken at 300kph by a mom in a station wagon taking her kids for soccer practice at rush hour.
Everywhere no go be USA.
Relax.
100km/h is the maximum speed on expressway in Nigeria.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by pappilo(m): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2023
nurey:
300km/h
VW phaeton
6.0L W12 engine
Abuja kaduna highway

Limiter removed, lost 2 tires after the stunt, they melted prematurely.

Liar! 186mph even on the German Autobahn is no mean feat
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by egbetokuns(m): 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2023
Timagex:
I

You really Sabi car that can speed very well. Anything German car. BMW can speed without shaking shaking body

wouldn't call myself a very fast driver, but, I hold my own. In 2018/19, when I was still doing contract driving jobs, I drove a woman and her kids from Ibadan to osogbo. On the way, I saw a BMW 5 series in front of me, having faith in the v6 evil spirit, I increased my speed and overtook it. (I later found out a woman was behind the wheels). The thing sweet me. cool

Suddenly, it started looking like the BMW was gaining. She finally leveled up, but, before she sped off, she looked at me with one yeye smile like this and off she went! cheesy grin shocked. She went away so fast I doubted my speedometer. grin You know when you are on 110/115 and a car overtakes you like you are on 60kmh! angry I was so angry! I wanted to chase, but, I was reminded that, "na inside Honda we dey o and that's a 5 series BMW in the hands of a wicked woman". grin grin. I just took my L in peace.

I respected BMW more that day and I certainly feared women more! grin

In other news, contact me if exquisite wedding photography is a priority to you. WhatsApp is zero right zero 63793158.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Johnchrix(m): 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
KingAzubuike:

Lol.. not when you're on speed. The legs only pull when you're turning the wheel while stationery.

I have seen it happen on highway man, prevention is better.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by shagamite: 3:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
ayukdaboss:
I hit 200km in my 2014 ES350 Enugu PH Expressway
u be ghost driver lol anyways I don use ur post do status lol
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by pfadom: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2023
Na high speed or bullet train (Shinkansen)?

HeartlessMan:
Over 600km/h.
Numerous times.
Air Peace airlines.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Meen! You see that word "zap"? I tell you it's miraculous. It would look like your fuel is leaking.

I notice this disappearance from 160kph whether it is Audi 80 or CRV.

But my Chrysler did not give me enough time to measure even though I pushed it past 170kph it started vibrating (one engine seating broken) so I had to drop back. Besides it takes 2 hills of almost continuous hard braking to stop safely from that speed.

Speed no good o. There is another thread here where people posted pics of their top speed. See as people dey do 200kph. Sha I still intend to register my name for dia
Point me to the thread please.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Treadway: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2023
Lol. Finished the Speedo on a Renault Logan back when I was still a med rep with a dose of choko in the head. Benin to Ore, needle enter 210km/h which was the last digit on the Speedo.

Now I keep it between 100-120 even if the road silky smooth pass baby bumbum.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2023
Olasyke:

Point me to the thread please.

Can't find it.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by DesireV: 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
EgunMogaji2:
This is an immature post that encourages speed contest on public roads. Not sure why Seun and his mods allows this illegal act to be advertised on here.

PS: My post was addressed specifically to Seun and his mods.

By the way, all roads in Nigeria have a speed limit. Thinking otherwise shows the lack of drivers training for the individual.
The opposite is actually the case
Most people talking about the highest they have gone either say they won't try such again or warn against it which means.
I think it's more of an awareness thread and it has personally prompted me to institute measures to make me not likely to exceed 100 again.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
clems88:
I always caution any driver if I'm in your car n u about crossing 120km . I no fit con die untop ones recklessness
Aswearrr, anything above 100kmph, I ain't going no more.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Reduced the speed cos I wanted to make a video.

Sagamu-ore express way.

Your people are calling you, better slow down
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Can't find it.
Aiight
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by GloriousGbola: 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2023
Farfalla:
A thread about grown men bragging about the stupîd decisions they make on the road. One wonders what logic pushes a good number of men to drive like idiôts. Very inconsiderate drivers. angry

It's cause we got Family wench! angry
Now strap in your seat belt as we hit mach 3!
Danger Zoneeee!!! angry

Please note that speed kills. All celebrations of driving at high speed are strictly triggers

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Kekydiv(m): 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2023
Na Hausa people go fit answer this question well cuz those guys and speed na 5 & 6 � grin

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2023
ayukdaboss:
I hit 200km in my 2014 ES350
Enugu PH Expressway

This is madness
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by KingAzubuike(f): 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2023
forghe:
130km/hr
Lexus Es350
It was from that ijebu ode express, bye pass at Benin and sapele to efurun warri.
This was 25th December 2020.

God saved me Sha. A Lexus gl430 jeep happened to summersault in front of me and how I managed to dodge while doing 120km was a miracle.
Vehicle wasn't mine. I was delivering it to someone in pH.
Is there anything like lexus gl430
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:12pm On Jan 02, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Over 600km/h.
Numerous times.
Air Peace airlines.

Àbí o!

Many times I can't count sef.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by elmodee7(m): 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
Lagos to ph 200 km/hr
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Abagworo(m): 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2023
I use AMG and always finish the speedometer at every free way.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by olabodejinad: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
HeartlessMan:

Oga dis your zobo is too chilled.

An average F1 car does 300km/h and they are equipped to not take off. How did your rickety VW remain on the ground @ 300km/h comrade?
obviously you know nothing about cars. The VW phaeton is essentially original Bentley continental and flying spur. Both cars were based on the Phaeton, same engine, same power output, same acceleration times and top speeds and same chassis. The only difference is the body shape and name

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by BetterPoison: 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Reduced the speed cos I wanted to make a video.

Sagamu-ore express way.
naa you be strong man

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Farfalla(f): 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2023
lagonovo:
I heard in the past that when FRSC catch them for overspeeding, they take them to the office where they are forced to watch a gory documentary on bloody accident scenes and emergency scenes at hospitals. They get sober after a few minutes.

Now that's one documentary I wouldn't wanna watch but if that's what needs to be done to sober up these lunatics, then so be it.

And it's not just about overspeeding, they just don't like to follow basic traffic rules, most of which require common sense more than anything else. More men than women are guilty of disregarding road safety rules, sorry to say.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by bizhop01: 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
Everyone here are James Bond cool
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by dgysoft(m): 4:27pm On Jan 02, 2023
You CANNOT FIND WHERE U CAN DO 250KM /H in Nigeria ALSO IT MUST NOT BE TOYOTA

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by BABAawoo47: 4:27pm On Jan 02, 2023
shineeye1:
From this thread, it is evident that our highway is full of people on mission. - suicide and murder missions!
you believe ppl saying 280km/h on nigerian road?
If you even hit that it's just for very brief moments
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by BABAawoo47: 4:29pm On Jan 02, 2023
SeaTrade:
Which bus be that weh dey do 200kph bros?
I don dey look una since dey talk this thing say make I keep quiet but na fat lie!
A full loaded Hiace with same engine as a hilux carrying up to 15 people and luggage will struggle to reach 150kph,let alone 200 SMH...
so many ppl dey yan dust for here
I even saw corolla 190kph grin
Corolla dat anything post 120 body go dey vibrate

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Day169: 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
nurey:
300km/h
VW phaeton
6.0L W12 engine
Abuja kaduna highway

Limiter removed, lost 2 tires after the stunt, they melted prematurely.
shocked shocked shocked..
That's a monster of a car with superb quality but hugely underrated. It shares the same engine with the Bentley Continental.
Anyway I guess you must've had heaven's passport stamped in your hands on that day. cheesy

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by legallysly: 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
2010: 175km/h- Benz 190.
2016: 160km/h- 2007 Honda Accord (Discussion continues).
2019: 120mph (193km/h) - 2008 Honda Accord (Evil Spirit)
2022: 170km/h -Benz E350.

In all cases, tyres were new (or almost)

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by legallysly: 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2023
Day169:

shocked shocked shocked..
That's a monster of a car with superb quality but hugely underrated. It shares the same engine with the Bentley Continental.
Anyway I guess you must've had heaven's passport stamped in your hands on that day. cheesy

Exactly.

It has a W12 Engine.

It is quite capable of hitting 300km/h with the limiter removed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

All 2019 Bentley Models Will Come With Centenary Badges To Mark Its 100 Years / Photos From A Ghastly Accident Between A Fuel Tanker And Trailer On Ikorodu Road / See The Last Remaining BMW 1600 GT Convertible On Earth - Photos