Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? (29502 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by FireUpNow(m): 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Over 600km/h.
Numerous times.
Air Peace airlines.
You are highly highed with some Okwane weed

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by GistFullGround: 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2023

It's a shame that you guys are glorifying speeding...

REMEMBER, SPEED KILLS!

4 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Mrkumareze(m): 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2023
youngbabaj:
230km /hr
Valves. 16
Toyota camry 2019

Benin asaba way 2022
Just me and my 7 years old daughter

Next time, do it alone. Leave the innocent child alone.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by DriveByKiller: 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2023
ibkayee:
I never do more than 70mph (technically the legal limit over here but people still do more)

Be careful, you are not the only people on these roads
shut up! Let old habits of compulsive feel-among die in you this new year!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by fotadmowmend(m): 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Reduced the speed cos I wanted to make a video.

Sagamu-ore express way.
We love you ....
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by unclejb2(m): 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
DriveByKiller:
abeg which Hyundai do 240 and pass una? Very funny story as you didn't mention the model of either of the cars.
na lie him dey lie.

You can't do 240km/h on any road in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by SeaTrade(m): 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
otuword:
my experience was 2012 I was traveling from Lagos to Benin. the bus I enter was driving at 200,i sat in the front sit I called the driver attention to it.
the driver said guy this is nt the danfo u enter in Lagos this is jet on land just relax enjoy urself.
wen we got to ijebu ode I could not bear it because the road was bad I knew if this man do not reduce his speed that may be the end for all of us in the bus. I have to lie to the driver that I forgot something in Lagos am going back to Lagos
the rest passager were like do u want to go back home what about the money u paid Omo I forgo it drop off board another bus along to my destination the rest passager seems nt to care they are even enjoying the speed

Which bus be that weh dey do 200kph bros?
I don dey look una since dey talk this thing say make I keep quiet but na fat lie!
A full loaded Hiace with same engine as a hilux carrying up to 15 people and luggage will struggle to reach 150kph,let alone 200 SMH...

10 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Jakumo(m): 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
HeartlessMan:

Oga dis your zobo is too chilled.

An average F1 car does 300km/h and they are equipped to not take off. How did your rickety VW remain on the ground @ 300km/h comrade?

Haba no forovlen Megida. We go carry Oga moto go fwa fanel-beater. Dem go put am BIGI SIPOILA wey nogo let dat moto fly commot for ground if speed too mush.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ironheart(m): 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
New year just start, some of us don start lie

3 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by meobizy(f): 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
From this thread one can see why car accidents are commonplace in the country. Don’t forget that second and third-use cars are what the average Nigerian buys. Running those at speeds higher than 100kmph is surely begging to relocate to the afterlife.

7 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by miketayo(m): 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
2014 , I did 160+km/hr with a mitsubishi in lagos ibadan express

Till today I don't go beyond 130km/h

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2023
madapcmod:

The day I was on 120KM/HR and my ABS failed on sharp bend, only to see myself inside bushe with leg fully depressed on brake, swerving through elephant grasses, was the day I vowed not to cross 100KM/HR. If I had followed the sharp bend at that speed na tumbling

Once I'm on wheel, what's at the back of my mind is my family, tyre burst or brake failure. These cautions my instinct to slow down, even if a driver tempt my with road rage, I just ignore.

Lol, na once I don get accident for Benin-ore road

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Mrkumareze(m): 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2023
showietee:

Lol.... I have done so with Toyota matrix, 2013 camry, and honda civic. still did 140 km/hr this morning.

Truly, after getting to 150, the Toyota's becomes too light that I will have to reduce drastically most times but it is not so with other cars I have drove.... Toyota vehicles are light and are not suitable for such stunts

Toyota is like tricycle when it comes to weight . Ordinary 120km/h u ll realise the car is almost on air

3 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Lekan239(m): 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2023
Timagex:
I wouldn't call myself a very fast driver, but, I hold my own. In 2018/19, when I was still doing contract driving jobs, I drove a woman and her kids from Ibadan to osogbo. On the way, I saw a BMW 5 series in front of me, having faith in the v6 evil spirit, I increased my speed and overtook it. (I later found out a woman was behind the wheels). The thing sweet me. cool

Suddenly, it started looking like the BMW was gaining. She finally leveled up, but, before she sped off, she looked at me with one yeye smile like this and off she went! cheesy grin shocked. She went away so fast I doubted my speedometer. grin You know when you are on 110/115 and a car overtakes you like you are on 60kmh! angry I was so angry! I wanted to chase, but, I was reminded that, "na inside Honda we dey o and that's a 5 series BMW in the hands of a wicked woman". grin grin. I just took my L in peace.

I respected BMW more that day and I certainly feared women more! grin

In other news, contact me if exquisite wedding photography is a priority to you. WhatsApp is zero right zero 63793158.
acceleration is more important than the speed of the car. The faster the acceleration, the faster the car moves.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I could not find it o. This is the one I saw. https://www.nairaland.com/999283/fastest-speed-ever-driven-car#11553427

In that other one people posted pics of the speed needles. It was amazing

Thanks
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Graficient: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
I entered a benz from Benin bypass to Onitsha, based on I was looking for cheap transport I didn't enter regular bus. It happened to be a military man. Dude was doing between 160 to 190km on a very bad road. At around agbor, a bike from the other lane just crossed without looking, he was actually making a phone call and didn't respond to the car horn. The army dude manage to dodge him and miraculously we didn't summersault. Funny enough, the guy on ladies okada was still on the call despite the what happened. Na so army man vex shook hand under him car sit, bring out one stainless. Walked towards the bike man and wanted to shoot him. Myself and another woman driving behind us that stopped started beging on his behalf. It wasn't funny at all. We continued the journey and dude was still driving speed and regretting bitterly why he didn't shoot the bike man

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Ladymillion(f): 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
Big congratulation to all the fast and furious drivers on nairaland, speed kills

5 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
Aliou007:
grin grin grin... na family meeting go hold that day

No be lie

But we die am immediately my granny was awake.. make she no start the kind cry wey dey vex

Old people usually behave like kids cheesy
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Bluffly: 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2023
I do.130/140kmph.
The most important thing is know the speed rating of your tyre and ensure your brake is in good condition and likewise no loose bolts. Also, avoid potholes

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by forghe(m): 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
130km/hr
Lexus Es350
It was from that ijebu ode express, bye pass at Benin and sapele to efurun warri.
This was 25th December 2020.

God saved me Sha. A Lexus gl430 jeep happened to summersault in front of me and how I managed to dodge while doing 120km was a miracle.
Vehicle wasn't mine. I was delivering it to someone in pH.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by quinox947: 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2023
Na Nigeria roads una dey do all these 160km/h? I have learnt speedometer readings are nor uniform. 120km/h can be 100km in some turbo machines.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by jonsin(m): 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
Toyota land cruiser Prado
Year 2010
Warri to Portharcourt
18th December 2022
150km/h
Got to portharcourt in 3hrs
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2023
Light78:
Mine was the day I boarded a bus from Lagos to Owerri. I sat at the front seat number two ( the VIP position) at a point when we approached Benni bypass, this driver started doing 165km/hr.

My uncle once told me that anything above 125 km/hr is death sentence.

I had to point the speedometer for the driver to see, and he was laughed it off and told me to forget that thing.

Another experience was when talking a car to Lagos from Owerri.

The first one happened in 2016, while my second experience was in 2019.

Always does 160 but will quickly adjust myself back to 100/120. I don't normally know when I do 160 and above but reflex always get me back quickly. If the road is smooth and free you won't know when you will do 180 but your brain will tell you to check your board and you will control yourself if you value your life

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ISellBeer: 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2023
I used to do 140-160 before.
But since I married and have my first child, it's now 110-130.

No need to overspeed

4 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by abundanceseun: 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2023
It's possible between Ibadan and before Ogere..
Speed kills.

gratiaeo:

Hmmm! Which section of Lagos Ibadan Express way? Because I know it's not possible from Berger to Ijabu ode though to traffic and bad road

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ibkayee(f): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2023
DriveByKiller:
shut up! Let old habits of compulsive feel-among die in you this new year!
Was my comment off topic? Lol what’s the issue?
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by waice6571: 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
November 2017..... 140km/h Akure - Ijebu-Ode. Honda Baby Boy ( Lost one of the rear tyres before Ilesa.... The stearing wheel became stiff before Ijebu-Ode.... power stearing pump stopped functioning, we escaped an accident shortly before Ikire... and I was driving newly weded couple to their home after the ceremony on Saturday. It was on sunday. We left our hotel at Leo area in Akure

September 2022.... 160km/h Hyundai Serpentine 2013... Lagos-Ibadan... No hazzles .. jus about 50min drive from Berger to Challenge Ibadan.

Left Lagos 7am.. and returned before 11am. Very smooth journey... It was also on Sunday morning

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Siberia01(m): 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2023

100km/HR Peugeot 508

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Originalsly: 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

This is an immature post that encourages speed contest on public roads. Not sure why Seun and his mods allows this illegal act to be advertised on here.

PS: My post was addressed specifically to Seun and his mods.

By the way, all roads in Nigeria have a speed limit. Thinking otherwise shows the lack of drivers training for the individual.

Why is this immature? .... and how does it encourage speed contests? ... in fact it discourages speeding. Those doing the speeds are not beating chest but more or less saying they ran risks and it is not worth it ... too dangerous. Most roads all over the world have speed limits .... but that doesn't mean one can't exceed the limit. An example.... NYC the speed limit is 25 MPH unless otherwise stated.... some streets with schools etc 15 or 20mph ... highways 40 or 50mph max. Driver training.... besides the posted limit ... you need to go with he flow. I drive to work on a highway... part 40 and on another 50 mph limit. Early morning ... if you are not going with the flow... 65 mph .... the average everybody is driving at .... you are a nuisance on the road and likely to cause an accident. In New Jersey.... NJ Turnpike .... they drive much faster.... if you are not going with the flow .... but following the posted speed limit ... and being a nuisance... they pull you over and ticket you. At the same time .... if you want to do 10 or 20 mph over the flow speed.... you will then be pulled over for....... exceeding the posted speed limit. Bottom line... speed limits are not set in stone.

@ topic...... doesn't matter the capabilities of the car..... they have limiters so I don't know how some people.are doing these F1 speeds without removing the limiter. My top speed is just over 90 mph .... that's when I begin to feel unsafe ..... cannot control the car if an emergency arises ...... and this is on highways where I don't have to think about some animal.dashing out of the bushes .... some idiot didn't stop at an intersection ..... nothing like that .... me... the open road and God.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by sharpwriter(m): 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
ibkayee:

Reduced the speed to 175 to make a video?
Happy new year... Blessings to you! kiss
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Jessyjeff: 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2023
00FFT00:

Paris - Stuttgart in 3h 09 min, nonstop
Exactly, DB's timestamp ( aka Fahrplan).
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Socratiz: 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2023
Max speed : 178km/h
Car: Opel Senator 1997 Model with digital dashboard

My usual speed used to be a max of 160km but that day I needed to catch an appointment in Kaduna and I left Minna a little bit late.

If you know Minna- Sarkin Pawa road in 2002, you will understand the temptation.

I thought I was cruising my normal 160km when I looked down on my dashboard and saw 178km/HR

I lifted my legs from the accelerator immediately.

I reminded myself that I had two children in the university and I wanted to witness their graduation.

Appointment can wait. I needed to be alive to even meet the appointment.

Since that day I even reduced the maximum speed I would do with any vehicle to 140km

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

All 2019 Bentley Models Will Come With Centenary Badges To Mark Its 100 Years / Photos From A Ghastly Accident Between A Fuel Tanker And Trailer On Ikorodu Road / See The Last Remaining BMW 1600 GT Convertible On Earth - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.