Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,418 members, 7,830,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? (29656 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by TemmyDayo50(m): 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2023
Fremantle:
Car
Vehicle - Toyota Sienna

Speed - 160Km/h (100mph)

At that speed I could feel the van lift off the ground like a plane about to take off, the steering wheel became soft and the van somewhat responded more to the path of the road than me holding the steering.

This is exactly how it is when you're on such high speed... The car would feel as though it's controlling itself while responding to the direction and slight bends of the road..

Mehn, speed sweet but it's too risky... Not worth the risk at all...

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Zidoh(m): 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2023
Nostring:
Na hire killers full this thread...*walks out of thread before then put evil fr my mind in my next trip* lipsrsealed
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ednut1(m): 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2023
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Reduced the speed cos I wanted to make a video.

Sagamu-ore express way.
made a video at this speed This generation ehn

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by kazyhm(m): 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2023
160km/h

Enugu - Port Harcourt..

The speed was because of sit at home.....on a Monday.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Timagex(m): 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2023
jonaifame22:
ok thanks,I have Toyota sienna I use for logistics, pls if you get any connect for hire or charter pls do call on me,I stay at myhoung barracks yaba, thanks, 09093788046
All right bro.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by shineeye1: 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2023
From this thread, it is evident that our highway is full of people on mission. - suicide and murder missions!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Jalal(m): 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2023
Fremantle:

Lol bro I don learn something o, I went for a traditional wedding on Friday along airport road, fear no gree me pass 120km/h inside Sienna 09.

I've come to realize that na where your craze stop na there another person own start, you should see the way people run along this Abuja Airport Road, if you're not disciplined enough you may just be tempted to chase somebod and the wonders those taxi drivers do with their small Golf and Mazda sef na story for another day.

100/120kmph
Mitsubishi Outlander 2008
V6 engine

Abuja airport road almost everyday after close of work to beat the rush hour tongue grin

4 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by gonkin(m): 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
Did over 168kmh on a modified fj80 2021. Vehicle was still stable and balanced but scared cuz i was close to 5k rpm

Did close to 160kmh on a mk2 yaris at same 5k 3 weeks ago along ore-benin express and almost blew the engine cuz some oil dripped from the fly wheel.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by kponkedenge(m): 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
Nostring:
Na hire killers full this thread...*walks out of thread before then put evil fr my mind in my next trip* lipsrsealed

240km/h Lexus RX 350 2011.

Benin/Asaba Expressway

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Menclothing: 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2023
80km/hr lasu igando lasu express

Lagos ibadan 180km/hr
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by saintruky(m): 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2023
ibkayee:
I never do more than 70mph (technically the legal limit over here but people still do more)

Be careful, you are not the only people on these roads

Beautiful

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by BABANGBALI: 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2023
Speed does not kill, it is the village people that kill, speed makes you to arrive early. Anything below 240 is a no no for me.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by pizapato(m): 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2023
SeaTrade:
It's not illegal as we don't have speed limits on our highways.
Autobahn for Germany ,you get overtaken at 300kph by a mom in a station wagon taking her kids for soccer practice at rush hour.
Everywhere no go be USA.
Relax.

The poster has a point. You are more or less dead if involved in any crash on top speed in Nigeria.

You can't compare emergency response in Germany to Nigeria.
I was in Harz mountain one time when a biker had a crash on top speed. The emergency response team came to pick up the guy with a helicopter.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by RealTrump: 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2023
Chinese bullet train Beijing to Guangzhou. 305km/hr. Dem never born the car wey go drag speed with that train.

I took a picture back then .

4 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by unclejb2(m): 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2023
nurey:
300km/h
VW phaeton
6.0L W12 engine
Abuja kaduna highway

Limiter removed, lost 2 tires after the stunt, they melted prematurely.
you are a lair. You can't drive 300km/h on any road in Nigeria. You would be dead by now

5 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by BABANGBALI: 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2023
Nostring:
person wey no sabi drive dey follow us talk. Mtcheeeeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by udemzyudex(m): 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2023
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Sagamu-ore express way.

21 likes so far, 21 people dey wish you death,chai.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by pafisayo(m): 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:
Honda accord. 227km/hr

The speedometer was tithering at the very end.. Despite all this, a benz still overtake me

What year was the accord please ? I4/v6
But the Mercedes was definitely not a C(series) 350 300 ??
Thanks
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by jonaifame22(m): 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2023
Timagex:

All right bro.
cheers
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 123readygo: 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2023
Ford Focus 2014 model. I did 180km/h
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Talawaka: 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2023
RealTrump:

An F1 is not that fast on a straight line. What makes dem d king is their cornering ability. 300km/hr is possible but not in that Volkswagen

It can get up to 202 mph (323 kph) if its delimiter is removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm2swohEtYM&feature=player_embedded
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by SeaTrade(m): 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2023
pizapato:

The poster has a point. You are more or less dead if involved in any crash on top speed in Nigeria.

You can't compare emergency response in Germany to Nigeria.
I was in Harz mountain one time when a biker had a crash on top speed. The emergency response team came to pick up the guy with a helicopter.
So people go fast in Germany cos of emergency response?
Or the autobahn isn't isn't speed limited because lawmakers in Germany thought of emergency response? undecided
Might interest you to know there are more fatal crashes in North America than Germany.
Germans have proven time and again that they're just not into bullshit,
End of story.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by otuword: 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2023
my experience was 2012 I was traveling from Lagos to Benin. the bus I enter was driving at 200,i sat in the front sit I called the driver attention to it.
the driver said guy this is nt the danfo u enter in Lagos this is jet on land just relax enjoy urself.
wen we got to ijebu ode I could not bear it because the road was bad I knew if this man do not reduce his speed that may be the end for all of us in the bus. I have to lie to the driver that I forgot something in Lagos am going back to Lagos
the rest passager were like do u want to go back home what about the money u paid Omo I forgo it drop off board another bus along to my destination the rest passager seems nt to care they are even enjoying the speed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 00FFT00(m): 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2023
Jessyjeff:
Your post remind me of my journey from Paris to Stuttgart some years ago. The TGV did some dope 400kmph sometimes

Paris - Stuttgart in 3h 09 min, nonstop

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Ellasure: 2:12pm On Jan 02, 2023
Speed kills.

Besides, you need to know your car very well to engage in speeding otherwise you should be singing Lord I am coming home.

I had an experience when in 1999 I was coming from PHC to Lagos on a visit and I choose to drive my new Honda Accord called baby boy. Just after Benin city one fairly old Honda Accord older model to my car passed me at my cruising speed of 140 kmh like as if I was trekking and their car was running. I had to check my speedometer to confirm my 140 kmh was reading. I then decided to check the speed of the car that passed me by speeding up.

I finally levelled with it at 220 kmh and I decided to stay with the other car, but fuel consumption equally changed. We ran like that till Shagamu town junction when the other car turned in for additional fuels which did too. Inside the filling station the other driver and myself greeted each other but I had to warn him against the high speeding we just did.

I did not follow him to enter Lagos at that speed.

Though the car was very stable and comfortable at the speeding experience I don't do such speed up again till date.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Tapout(m): 2:12pm On Jan 02, 2023
Light78:

My uncle once told me that anything above 125 km/hr is death sentence.

If it was, speedometer readings in cars should have stopped at 125km/hr.

The actual death sentence is when people drive 10 and above year old cars in the same manner as one who drives a 2 or 3 year old car will do, and expect it to perform the same way the latter would perform.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nicepoker(m): 2:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
I have done 140 on a Ford ranger. Ogoni heading to Akwa- Ibom. It was in the night road was free anyways.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by KingAzubuike(f): 2:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Sagamu-ore express way.
Naso una dey die like chicken

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by DriveByKiller: 2:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
Light78:
Mine was the day I boarded a bus from Lagos to Owerri. I sat at the front seat number two ( the VIP position) at a point when we approached Benni bypass, this driver started doing 165km/hr.

My uncle once told me that anything above 125 km/hr is death sentence.

I had to point the speedometer for the driver to see, and he was laughed it off and told me to forget that thing.

Another experience was when talking a car to Lagos from Owerri.

The driver I paid to drive me was experienced. We arrived that same Benin, and this guy did 210 km/h, it was like the fuel was zapping and the exhaust sound was light.

Dem no born any other car make e pass us, but I was surprised to see a man in his Hyundai passed us.

I guess that one was doing about 240 km/h.

I had to tell him to reduce and not cross 120km/h and above.

Share your experience and advise to people who would want to do that one day.

I advise drivers to lower their speed. Speed kills.

The first one happened in 2016, while my second experience was in 2019.
abeg which Hyundai do 240 and pass una? Very funny story as you didn't mention the model of either of the cars.

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by unclejb2(m): 2:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
Meandmycrew:
300km/hr Mercedes benz i felt fulfilled will do more if I have the chance to.
if you claim you did it on Nigerian road, you are lying. We don't have any road in Nigeria that can accommodate such speed.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Leadforteservic: 2:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
He technically answered the question because it was not subjected to vehicles only.
Typicool8:

Surely na osogbo weed u dey smoke grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise / If Nigerian Mechanics Were Medical Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.