Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? (29531 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by buygala(m): 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2023
tete7000:

Did you get the job?

Wasn't a Job interview
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by shambala: 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2023
195km/hr with 2008 Lexus GS350 on Sagamu-ore.

Car was still so balanced and without vibrations.

Didn’t cross 130km/hr after till we got to Lagos

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by clems88(m): 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2023
Timagex:
I wouldn't call myself a very fast driver, but, I hold my own. In 2018/19, when I was still doing contract driving jobs, I drove a woman and her kids from Ibadan to osogbo. On the way, I saw a BMW 5 series in front of me, having faith in the v6 evil spirit, I increased my speed and overtook it. (I later found out a woman was behind the wheels). The thing sweet me. cool

Suddenly, it started looking like the BMW was gaining. She finally leveled up, but, before she sped off, she looked at me with one yeye smile like this and off she went! cheesy grin shocked. She went away so fast I doubted my speedometer. grin You know when you are on 110/115 and a car overtakes you like you are on 60kmh! angry I was so angry! I wanted to chase, but, I was reminded that, "na inside Honda we dey o and that's a 5 series BMW in the hands of a wicked woman". grin grin. I just took my L in peace.

I respected BMW more that day and I certainly feared women more! grin

In other news, contact me if exquisite wedding photography is a priority to you. WhatsApp is zero right zero 63793158.
women are bad in what ever they do. That was how a women overtook us with speed when I was traveling. Everyone one shouted ma woman ooo grin we later saw her after some time when we all got down to eat at a restaurant . Everyone was starring at her

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by bdon123(m): 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
ibkayee:

Reduced the speed to 175 to make a video?
Making a video on 200km/hr,abeg wat weed is ur brand.i go need am

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
pafisayo:

What year was the accord please ? I4/v6
But the Mercedes was definitely not a C(series) 350 300 ??
accord v6, 2019 sport.

Benz AMG GT

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by clems88(m): 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2023
I always caution any driver if I'm in your car n u about crossing 120km . I no fit con die untop ones recklessness

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Chetas81(m): 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
SeaTrade:
Dangerous.
Rollover tendencies.
ADVENTURES NEVER THINK OF DEATH
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by thinkmoney(m): 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Reduced the speed cos I wanted to make a video.

Sagamu-ore express way.
Guy speed kills. I still want to be seeing u here. U are not the only person on that road. Any small wood go make you lose control. You can't do any reasonable manoeuvre with that speed you can only turn slightly

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by AreaFada2: 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
Well, well. Highest I have experienced was 379km/h like 30 years ago. I thought that was enormous.

About 4 years ago it was about 450km/h abi na 451km/h!

Well, I was on French TGV both times! grin cheesy

Apparently, It can travel way faster than that even. The speed is shown on an electronic boards scattered throughout the train.

Shebi OP didn't say it must be travel by road or in 9ja only. grin cheesy

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Slynation(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
This driver did 190km/HR with his GOLF...
Abuja Kaduna express way 2016...That was the day I fear Golf, that car is a speedboat on land...

Abuja to Kaduna is almost 2hrs drive but after 1hr 15minxk, I called my Uncle that I'm now at home he couldn't believe it...

Second experience, when me and my bro was running away from some perceived kidnappers along Kawo, kaduna airport road in 2018...we blow 180km with Toyota Camry 2013 model...!!

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by thelegend1(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
waice6571:

I think I know the why because I have been there... The car suddenly became light @140km/h and very unstable, can easily swearve off the road to the bush if care is not taken.

You can drop your (why) point as well.

All of the above you mentioned, plus fear of the "HONDA SURPRISE" is the beginning of wisdom.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by unclejb2(m): 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2023
Jessyjeff:
I think the guy exaggerated it somewhat; electronically regulated speed limit for that VW Phaeton, 12 cylinder, 6 Litre Engine with 420hp is about 250kmph.
you can't drive 250kmph on any road in Nigeria.

Anyone who told you that they drove such speed on any Nigerian road is a very big liar

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Farfalla(f): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
A thread about grown men bragging about the stupîd decisions they make on the road. One wonders what logic pushes a good number of men to drive like idiôts. Very inconsiderate drivers. angry

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by kaymart: 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
acewines:
The last time I did was when me and my wife traveled in a separate car, she left around 7am from her dad's place at ikd, I left around 9am from our house at jibowu area, las las I first am reach home,come see warning like say I be small pikin... long story short, she used her money to put speed limit for the car
Might possibly be because he encountered multiple/longer hold ups in the routes she took
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Immorttal: 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Reduced the speed cos I wanted to make a video.

Sagamu-ore express way.
wow, what car is that?
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Askmewhy(m): 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2023
160 km/h and when i saw my dashboard i fear and quickly soft pedal.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by lagonovo: 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
I heard in the past that when FRSC catch them for overspeeding, they take them to the office where they are forced to watch a gory documentary on bloody accident scenes and emergency scenes at hospitals. They get sober after a few minutes.

Farfalla:
A thread about grown men bragging about the stupîd decisions they make on the road. One wonders what logic pushes a good number of men to drive like idiôts. Very inconsiderate drivers. angry

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by wamide042(m): 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2023
Based on my own brand of car, Lexus GS 350, the speedometer is in miles, i.e when I’m driving at 100, cars on Kilometers will be around 120 or so, but I usually do 120 which also amounts to 140KM on other vehicles.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by wamide042(m): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2023
unclejb2:
you can't drive 250kmph on any road in Nigeria.

Anyone who told you that they drove such speed on any Nigerian road is a very big liar
When last did you travel on Benin/Ore expressway. If you’re very good at driving you can also pull 300kmph on that road.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by odaniel1(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2023
shocked i de read well so? Oh so na una dey form Paul walker for express?? Ah! Ah! una well done oh, may someone here not be referred to in past tense from the excitement of this thrills y'all getting.
I do not own a vehicle but the highest I did with my leggediz benz is 10/15km. Life is too sweet to end even in the midst of rising costs, low income and uncertainty.
When I get mine, max speed will be 100km, feels better taking in scenery than blazing through like Flash. When I no be electricity or light bulb. Happy new year everyone. May your tanks be full always this 2023! shalom

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Parachoko: 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2023
nurey:
300km/h
VW phaeton
6.0L W12 engine
Abuja kaduna highway

Limiter removed, lost 2 tires after the stunt, they melted prematurely.
And your car no dey try to fly? I doubt this your story
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by rickleye: 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2023
Light78:
Mine was the day I boarded a bus from Lagos to Owerri. I sat at the front seat number two ( the VIP position) at a point when we approached Benni bypass, this driver started doing 165km/hr.

My uncle once told me that anything above 125 km/hr is death sentence.

I had to point the speedometer for the driver to see, and he was laughed it off and told me to forget that thing.

Another experience was when talking a car to Lagos from Owerri.

The driver I paid to drive me was experienced. We arrived that same Benin, and this guy did 210 km/h, it was like the fuel was zapping and the exhaust sound was light.

Dem no born any other car make e pass us, but I was surprised to see a man in his Hyundai passed us.

I guess that one was doing about 240 km/h.

I had to tell him to reduce and not cross 120km/h and above.

Share your experience and advise to people who would want to do that one day.

I advise drivers to lower their speed. Speed kills.

The first one happened in 2016, while my second experience was in 2019.

Even on smooth paved roads with proper inflated tires I don't do more than 140km/h the vehicle vibrates and braking takes longer. Talkless of doing such in Nigeria where people don't wear seat belts.

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by KingAzubuike(f): 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2023
Johnchrix:

Please never try such ever in your life again with an Honda... Honda legs easily pull you know?
Lol.. not when you're on speed. The legs only pull when you're turning the wheel while stationery.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Adekdammy: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2023
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Azazi(m): 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2023
Have done 200kpm with a camera 2012 spider
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by IMPARTIAL: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2023
160-170 on Benin to Asaba expressway sometime in 2001.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by rickleye: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2023
wamide042:

When last did you travel on Benin/Ore expressway. If you’re very good at driving you can also pull 300kmph on that road.

which vehicle speedometer reach 300km/h
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by demmanuel78(m): 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2023
During Covid’19 lockdown
Lagos - Benin Express Way
Honda Accord 2016 V6
Back tyre busted at 200km/h

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ViceGovernor: 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2023
How come nobody is talking about Lexus ES 350 undecided
I thought they said it's one of the fastest cars in naija.

And na wetin I wan buy o smiley

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nostring: 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2023
BABANGBALI:
person wey no sabi drive dey follow us talk. Mtcheeeeeeeeew
Mumu ! everybody no b like u wey go dey fake everything? I'm sure no b u even get d car u dey claim u Sabi drive, na borrow u dey borrow from ur frnds like us..idiot undecided

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nostring: 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2023
kponkedenge:

240km/h Lexus RX 350 2011.

Benin/Asaba Expressway
may God be with u o shocked
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Mampolo: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2023
Warri~benin, the driver did 200km/h. It was this new hilux 2022, we spent 48 minute

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

All 2019 Bentley Models Will Come With Centenary Badges To Mark Its 100 Years / Photos From A Ghastly Accident Between A Fuel Tanker And Trailer On Ikorodu Road / See The Last Remaining BMW 1600 GT Convertible On Earth - Photos