Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? (35253 Views)

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend That I Was Only Trying To Protect Him? / What Can I Convince My Woman Who Is A Virgin That Sex Is Sweet And Not Painful / Lady Surprises Her Boyfriend To Mark Their 1st Anniversary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Mhikasa0007(f): 4:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
You should obviously leave him. It is clear that he's not ready to have a future with you. Any man that has a girl and is ready to get married to her would start saving up as soon as possible. There are men out there ready to give you the world. Don't settle for less

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Banilla: 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2023
siofra:
@Banilla

It's a good thing that you want him to save, but are you sure you're disciplined enough not to use the money?

Since he says he needs time, I think you should respect his wishes before it turns into a bitter fight. But you can still continue to drop hints and drop subtle messages on why he should save. Hopefully he gets it.
Thank you. smiley

I'll do this
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Banilla: 5:06pm On Jan 12, 2023
Mhikasa0007:
You should obviously leave him. It is clear that he's not ready to have a future with you. Any man that has a girl and is ready to get married to her would start saving up as soon as possible. There are men out there ready to give you the world. Don't settle for less
embarassed

This touched me. Thank you.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2023
It's not your money. Get a job and save your own money for yourself and stop eyeing his.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Stanweezy(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
OP i hope u are not planning to embezzle his money in ur account and JAPA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Unyimekelvin: 5:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
Ma'am, WTF?

Hope you are doing great with these tricky idea of yours. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by akube34: 5:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
Mods, take this to the front page. Thank you.

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I'm worried if I press the subject, he'll get mad at me.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

Doesn't he love me? Should I let it go? Or insist we resolve this?
what abt finishing school, start making your money and start saving in your bank

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by peedeeasobie(m): 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

This is pure cock and bull story. This story is a plea for attention and comments. It is a figment of your imagination

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.
U are a lier. U wan tun lie to truth for your head.take that shit out of your brain.work for your money and save your money.
He can only keep dashing you wat he wants to.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by clericuzzio(m): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
Funny stories everyday.

So you want him to save in your account like his own na wetin?

Seems you have an ulterior motive to have envisaged this idea.

Pls tell your boyfriend that he should just discard You immediately cos you might likely use his money to give another gee wey dey service you on the side

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by BigYash: 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
Dreadlock69:
Your plan will not work , you want to carry someone money and run away
Its either she is planning to steal from the guy or she wants to be using the savings as blackmail on him later.. I had a neighbor in Ogun state around 2016 or so..

Dude was saving in his evening newspaper ,so called wife to be account. If he wants to take from it,the girl must know why,and might even give him below what he requested. Lol. One day he caught the girl cheating. Dude almost died,lol.

He was on infusion for days,cux he was no longer eating and talking . If I just go check on the mugu to say sorry,if I reach inside room,laugh go wan injure me, Lol .

Some boys mumu sha.. And there was no way the boy could leave,cux the lady has all his life savings.. Na wetin op dey plan be this,but God no go let am work for her.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by jheaboiy(m): 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
I'm not spending his money! Read the post. One of us has to hold it. We can't open a joint account, too far away to do so.

So what matters is who. And I'm better suited

Babe, u have a good point..don't mind all dis redpilllers
It's a good advice but if he's hesitating..just act asif u don't care..
Maybe he thinks enjoyment will last forever..d money wey he supposed use plan his career, he go don use m shayo..base on say na big boy abi..
Try praying for him n encouraging him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by weslay: 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

Never dictate to a man how to spend his hard earned money. Not even if he is your Son.
This your request comes off as though you are only interested in his money, which is a big Red Flag

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Jayboi(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2023
Babe. I can see u are already trying to av a backup plan. U av seen the bigger picture but only trying to find solution. Forget it. What if this relationship goes south? Truly u guys had a good time together while in Nigeria but the guy don japa. This is someone who drinks alot and barely saves. It's a bad sign to be honest. And u can't change him o. Better work on yourself and prep for the unavoidable. Flow with the tide but be prep for any eventuality.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by RenaissanceGuy: 8:12pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.
How old are you??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by frozen70(f): 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

I think you are rushing him in and for everything about this relationship

In another words you are being forward and that's a bad signal

How do you teach an adult like him on how to save, he knows how to save and when to save money

So you telling him that he should save in your account, will make him the most stupid person this season

Secondly, you told him that you want to travel out but don't have the finances, you are indirectly telling him to sponsor your trip

You know what, just don't rush that guy if you don't want to loose him

If you want to save money, save alone

If you want to travel out, sponsor yourself and get your prestige

Stop telling him what you think he should do because he is not married to you, so, you can't give him such ideas and expect him to obey you

He is not a rubber stamp

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Sirqt5(m): 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
what in d flying fuvkk ! him no send monthly money to his mama , na one bishh who wan use style embezzle him he should send to ehn ? U are madd !!! d mouth wey u use open mouth make dis demand needs slapping . see entitlement on top someone's hard earned money . thief

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by texannaija: 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

You say??…..Wonderful grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Autobot05: 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2023
Na wa o
Some of una suppose dey chill for kirikiri sha

SWEETPLUM is this you again?? cheesy
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2023
Autobot05:
Na wa o

I ll slap you
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by oluwatoyosi8755: 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2023
Isn't the op berryThey sound alikeIsn't the op berryThey sound alike...
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by IGoComotYaTeeth: 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
Ole
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Enemyofpeace: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Enemyofpeace: 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
Autobot05:
Na wa o

na her now
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Aboguede(m): 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Please direct the question to ur babalawo shocked
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Konjiboii: 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

Shut up

Which one is i have spent my best time with him, you broke ass idiotic biatch. It's the audacity for me sha, to dey threaten homeboy ontop hin own money. Shey you lick jazz nii.
If you wan travel abroad how that one take concern your guy. Shey your papa and mama no dey nii?
Omo the guy sef dey vex me.
The sugar daddy parole you been dey look for no work now you wan dey job omolomo

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Enemyofpeace: 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
yinmu!
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

Akiko ndi mgbu grin

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by blowjohn(m): 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
Which kind thread be this nw?
We sabi ur boyfriend before ni?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by OdogwuAnambra: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

LOL

You cant save for yourself but you want to save for another boy

Spending our future...as in is it your money ?

This is a new year

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by InvertedHammer: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

/
. What if you take the money and japa?

Or you guys broke up and you hold his money hostage?

/

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Aboguede(m): 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
Without wasting time, kindly direct the question to ur babalawo grin

This is the example of the mad people in Nigeria shocked

The op and the mod that brought this to fp are noted. After the elections we will know how many chains to buy for you people because there are so many of u grin

Banilla:

What should I do?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

16 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Get Married According To Ada Bekee / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? / Another Man Has Gone To See The Parent Of My Wife To Be.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.