Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,136 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? (35252 Views)

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend That I Was Only Trying To Protect Him? / What Can I Convince My Woman Who Is A Virgin That Sex Is Sweet And Not Painful / Lady Surprises Her Boyfriend To Mark Their 1st Anniversary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by dazzlingd(m): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
Mods, take this to the front page. Thank you.

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I'm worried if I press the subject, he'll get mad at me.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

Doesn't he love me? Should I let it go? Or insist we resolve this?

Oleeee

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Raymonjays007(m): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
Thief ��
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Elzazzi: 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Pigyvest nko?!

Corporative Society nko?!

Women!!! Too much wayo..

But why ain't Nigerian girls into Yahoo... They have nice formats

Which nice formats?? People that think like children!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Pat081: 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
You will not tell us that you are going to run away with his money with another guy but you can do that by giving him best sex at night he will do everything you ask him to do
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Cutehector(m): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
Fakbrown:
Ds ona cruise accts ona ne de tire, e no tire ona to think come type nonsense
na uyai recruits na why.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by President2001(m): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

So you think your boy friend is Tinubu that don't know left to right ( very foolish advice why your bank)

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Enemyofpeace: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

the way you even start your thread shows the kind wife wey you go be. Na your type dey order men and control their husband's. I pity your husband to be.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by OdogwuAnambra: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
I'm not spending his money! Read the post. One of us has to hold it. We can't open a joint account, too far away to do so.

So what matters is who. And I'm better suited
you aren't married to him yet ... So get a job a part-time job

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by house10studios: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
Best year.

U mean sex? because u clearly have nothing else to offer

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by WatermelonSugar: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla, very adult at this time should have the most basic knowledge of financial education, of which saving is an important aspect of it.

You don't have to pressure him to save in your account, rather he should create a savings account for himself. 8f he doesn't want to use the conventional banks, he can use Cowrywise or other digital savings companies.

Money issues in relationship are a big deal and should be sorted before thinking of tying the knot to avoid.....had I known.

Las las, na only you go decide wetin you wan do

Modified:
If you can't handle alcoholism now, know there won't be an overnight change in marriage...unless you can deal with it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by PrinceMajestic: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
So because you are opening your black rotten over fhuckd bushy vagina for him on video calls is now enough reason why you feel the foreign dumb simp love you and should start saving his money in your account? who is raising these present crop of entitled whorish Nigerian bitches. They're just too much everywhere now. C...R...I...M...I...N...A...L

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Elzazzi: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
Hm. So I'm wrong? Should I apologize to him? I just want to be certain he's serious. I guess I can't pressure him, right?

What's your advice? embarassed

Women with their childish reasonings!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed What should I do? NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving. I'm worried if I press the subject, he'll get mad at me. I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time. Doesn't he love me? Should I let it go? Or insist we resolve this?
Wait.... this is just a boyfriend o! No be husband and you are wanting to help him save his own money? For wetin? Me sef I go tell the guy make im run away from you abeg! undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by omonnakoda: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
See me see World Bank

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by ukaface(f): 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
One idea I won’t have is me thinking my future is dependent on someone
So if he doesn’t save , your ‘ future’ is in trouble

Why not build your own future first by getting a job/ and saving your money rather than looking for ways to convince him to save in your account, kukuma open joint account, he puts and you put too. Shikina

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by WIZGUY69(m): 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
I could swear with my life that na my girlfriend write this thing. grin

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by OdogwuAnambra: 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.
so where are you ... Hoping wmd banking okneoke ones money
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by callmevirus(m): 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Onye ori ooo
Onye ori ooo
Onye ori ooo
Onye ori ooo
Onye ori ooo
Onye ori ooo
Onye ori ooo

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Timekeeper452: 9:50pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.
resonable with someone else’s money?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:
You are planning your own life around someone else's money, and you don't realize how shameful that comes off in 2023? undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Kavod: 9:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

IF YOU WERE HIS MOTHER, WOULD YOU ADVISE YOUR SON TO SAVE MONEY IN HIS GIRLFRIENDS BANK ACCOUNT? YOU ARE NOT EVEN ASHAMED. WELL NO SANE MAN SHOULD OPEN A JOINT ACCOUNT WITH HIS WIFE NOT TO TALK OF GF WHEN STILL DE SCHOOL.

GO WORK FOR YOUR MONEY

SIGNS OF A VERY LAZY, ENTITLED THIEF IN THE MAKING.

SO THERE ARE NO GIRLS IN YOUR SCHOOL
WORKING HARD TO PAY THEIR FEES AND EVEN SEND HOME?

FORGET ANYTHING YOU ARE A SHAMELESS THIEF.

YOU NEVER MARRY MAN, YOU DON DE PUT EYE FOR E MONEY.. SO IF ANOTHER WHEN DE MAKE LIKE 500K PASSES BY AND GIVES YOU 100K A MONTH, WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?

WELL THIS IS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by iamme1234(m): 9:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
FalseProphet1:
He should save in your bank, I don't understand did he tell you his bank has problem or he doesn't know how to save money. Madam keep your eyes out of his money and focus on your education if not, no guy would take you serious.

This I have seen.

Lol don’t mind her may be the Guy’s bank is faulty

Women and manipulatively wrong criminal guy ways

He should save in your bank

So u can kill
Him tomorrow and take over

Lol naija girls and miraculous unreal story

Throughout my stays in SA and GH

I never heard this before...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by bassdow: 9:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

Chances are, he wouldn't agree to Save in your Bank account and that's very understandable.

if you TRUEly want to help him cultivate habit of SAVEing since he seems not good at SAVING, tell him you both should open a Joint Account with Joint Signatory required before any MONEY could be taken out of the account.

that way, You require His consent and he requires your Consent before any debit transaction could be made on the account.

Then to further lock the money away, Fix the money in FIXed Deposit account and you both should be aware and the duration should be atleast 1-year. hopefully if after 1-year, he sees the total figure, that might make him want to save more.

Things such as this have to be introduced very gradually especially since You are not just a LADY but a girlFriend.

He needs understand it's not rainy always and he ought not go broke easily just because His salary was delayed or worse still, lost his means of livelihood.

if you really mean well for Him, take these steps and be patient. Don't try to achieve them all at once and gradually, He should change and if he doesn't, You would at least know You have tried.

Another tactics you could use is regularly bill him money for Hair, Creame, upkeep, cooking for you guys, etc and try to keep the amounts as low as possible so he doesn't see it as EXCESSive. then help him save such MONEYs in your bank account, and after 1-year, show it to him, or even take him to where they sell land (one in the range of how much you were able to save) and tell Him you want you guys to buy land so you could sack your landlord and should he complain of no Money, tell Him you have already helped him to save some and that the land papers could be in both of YOUs names.

That also could make him suddenly want to add more money so You people could buy a better land.

if truly you mean well, the above should be more than a good starting point
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by mrcrabs(m): 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
Omo see talk o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Realist777: 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

Wait oh, his personal account dey leak?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by omonnakoda: 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
Banilla:

What should I do?

Hmm
are you related to Peter Obi?
You know he is also good at saving
Seriously you sound like someone with anxiety/OCD with a tendency to nag
Learn how to be silent,that is a polite way of saying keep your mouth closed most times
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by koolaid87: 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2023
He should save in your bank because he lavishes his hard earned money?

Did you love him or loves his money?

Y'll aint married yet but you want his funds in your bank account? Who told you Y'll gon end up together?

And what happens if Y'll don't eventually get together ? You'll give him back his savings? LOL.

He's a smart Dude. He's only trying to be polite by asking for more time. You press the issue and he'll get ghost.

Men are smarter these days.

Thanks to hardcore feminism

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by VawuIenceProMax: 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2023
angry
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Kavod: 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2023
bassdow:

Chances are, he wouldn't agree to Save in your Bank account and that's very understandable.

if you want to help him SAVE since he seems not good at SAVING, tell him you both should open a Joint Account with both Signatory required before any MONEY could be taken out of the account.

that way, You require His consent and he requires your Consent before any debit transaction could be made on the account.

Then to further lock the money away, Fix the money in FIXed Deposit account and you both should be aware and the duration should be atleast 1-year. hopefully if after 1-year he sees the total figure, that might make him want to save more.

Things such as this have to be introduced very gradually especially since You are not just a LADY but a girlFriend.

He needs understand it's not rainy always and he ought not go broke easily just because His salary was delayed or worse still, lost his means of livelihood

DONT WORRY WE HAVE SAVED A PAGE IN THE FUTURE FOR YOU..
TOPIC...
1.MY WIFE OF SIX YEARS ABSCONDED WITH OUR SAVINGS.
2. WOMEN ARE EVIL, IMAGINE WHAT MY WIFE DID TO ME.
3. WOMEN ARE WICKED, MY WIFE OF 10 YEARS TRAVELLED OUT WITH OUR MONEY TO MEET A FOREIGN LOVER.

ETC ETC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by BlackMan6969(m): 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2023
If he sees a future with you, you don't have to stress the topic of savings with him. If ur having doubts about his love & loyalty 2 u, perhaps u should have a plan B. If a man doesn't love you, no matter how hard u try, he won't. Eventually he bcomes irritated by u & every piece of advice u give.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Ayobeck(m): 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2023
Show ur face madam banker

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Ghidey(m): 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2023
You are a big thief.
If i were him I would have left you immediately you mentioned your account.
And you don't have shishi to drop. How much have you saved for yourself to proof you are better in keeping money?

Miss World Bank.

The guy self might not think straight as you done open thighs for him.

Banilla:

What should I do?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

16 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Get Married According To Ada Bekee / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? / Another Man Has Gone To See The Parent Of My Wife To Be.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.