Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? (35247 Views)

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend That I Was Only Trying To Protect Him? / What Can I Convince My Woman Who Is A Virgin That Sex Is Sweet And Not Painful / Lady Surprises Her Boyfriend To Mark Their 1st Anniversary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by ironkurtain(m): 2:41pm On Jan 13, 2023
Codes151:
you still no they read.
Ur comment is clearly a case of a child looking to bark. I will ask you that anyway any time...if you open your gutter To make useless comments..

You Dey behind android think say you mature pass anyone!!
You must really think you can confront me blindly... you must b too dumb like I tot. I don't pity your papa, I know he's irresponsible, na your mama for being too naive and blind to not see the hazard and mitigate the riffraff she was bringing in.

On a second note, of course she mentioned not doing anything as of now cos of her education which is understandable. But from her words, it is clear that she wants to start something, to build something for the future. If you don't have anything sensible to contribute, then you don't have to say anything and move on like how hundreds of other readers had done, instead of coming here to be a disease. Well, unlike diseases, there is nothing that I can do about your unchained stupidity which might probably be the result of some idiotic life decision that you had made. So I will just keep watching you while you keep upgrading your level of stupidity.
MR. CARTON MAN!
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Codes151(m): 3:23pm On Jan 13, 2023
ironkurtain:

I'm sorry please can you translate it to English cos I don't speak gay-nese language. And tell your lover to remove his C@CK from your mouth when you want to speak. And tell your mom I said hello to her. Children of nowadays, well, thank God she swallowed cos I would have been having a high blood pressure thinking that it might probably be my son that is yarning all these dust. sad sad
noise
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by uzoexcel(m): 3:35pm On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
You don't know me! I love him. Why would I betray him? I'll take a bullet for him if I have to. He wants to marry me! The joint account is to save for us both. That's why Nigerians are where they are, we are planning long term. You can't build a future on love alone. I'm being reasonable.
if he cheats on u repeatedly while u have his money, would u still wanna TAKE A BULLET for him

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by uzoexcel(m): 3:37pm On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
I have showed that my heart is clean. That's enough
u have showed your heart is clean, how?
by typing a few lines on nairaland...

u should probably tag the guy to this thread and let's hear his opinion
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by nairamaniac: 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2023
FalseProphet1:

You're not his wife so he has no business opening a joint account with you. You're just a girlfriend who can dump him tomorrow and abscond with his hard-earned money.

Leave him alone and Hussle for yourself.
grin

What kind of sadist are you? You don't want others to be joyful in their relationships?

She wants to be in control of planning their financial future becos the bf is financially reckless. grin
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by nairamaniac: 4:47pm On Jan 13, 2023
Mhikasa0007:
You should obviously leave him. It is clear that he's not ready to have a future with you. Any man that has a girl and is ready to get married to her would start saving up as soon as possible. There are men out there ready to give you the world. Don't settle for less

Be like say you didn't understand the post.

Her post says *he should save his money in her bank account*.

What u are saying here is different.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by cayorday89(m): 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2023
Banilla:
I suppose. We weren't born rich, so I absolutely want us to live better. When I had a job, I saved but I don't think he did. And it's frustrating. He talks alot about the future but all this time, we haven't really started working towards achieving any of our goals, atleast I'm trying despite living in the poorest country. He's doing better, so I expect some effort but I'm getting nothing.

I'll encourage him to save, I did when he first got the job, five months after we started dating. I know he'll quit again, he keeps doing it. All I need is stability.

Or I should just risk it? Stop planning, depend on fate? Trust him to make the best decision for us both?
Madam, what is your own plan for yourself without actually having his money in mind. If all your conversation with him is money money money without you saying how you are going to chip in your own little widows mite, then you are on a long thing. He will only continue getting what he is getting from you and move on when he feels it's the right time.

And you saying you gave him the best years of your life sounds like you have nothing else to give again going forward and your action and current demands confirm it.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Innobee99(m): 8:17pm On Jan 13, 2023
When I saw ur headline, I thought u are a banker ooooo.

Niaja babes eeeeh

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
I been think say the girl get her own bank.

See 419.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Positiveme2020: 3:26am On Jan 14, 2023
TenQ:

It doesn't matter. I had a joint account with my fiancee well before we got married. Wedding finances were accumulated in the account. She was a student then. I have not one single regret about the decision

You are lucky then ,others may not be lucky. But in this situation the lady wants it in her own account, so will u advise your younger brother to accept this ?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Dshocker(m): 4:08am On Jan 14, 2023
Banilla:
Mods, take this to the front page. Thank you.

Hi everyone! I have a boyfriend, we've been together for a year. I absolutely love him, he's my whole world! And that's the reason I'm pressuring him to save, if we're going to have a future together. And he's down for it, he makes nothing less than 200k monthly. I'm still a student, searching for a decent job. I can't invest sh** presently but I hope to start soon. Yesterday, I brought it up. I want him to send money monthly to my bank account, no matter how little. I'll save it for him. He's hesitating. He said I should be patient, he'll give me everything I need but he wants more time. I don't want to ruin our relationship but I need his co-operation. I'm scared he might leave me, after I've given him the best years of my life. I subtly threatened him that my family would force me to marry a Nigerian but he made a joke out of it, saying I would never, that I'm his... embarassed

What should I do?

NB: I've never taken a dime from him. He drinks often and I don't want him spending 'our future' on alcohol! I'm way better at saving.

I'm worried if I press the subject, he'll get mad at me.

I also told him I want to leave Nigeria, he thinks it's a good idea and I also told him I can't afford it alone. He said he needs time.

Doesn't he love me? Should I let it go? Or insist we resolve this?

Seems you are not a Nigerian, for you to have had the thought of him keeping money with you?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by TenQ: 7:17am On Jan 14, 2023
Positiveme2020:

You are lucky then ,others may not be lucky. But in this situation the lady wants it in her own account, so will u advise your younger brother to accept this ?
I asked them to open a joint account.

It's obvious the girl believed that she is more prudent that her fiance
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Betashop: 11:40am On Jan 14, 2023
NEUDUDE:

Women and settle down. Abeg free somebody son jare lol. Na by force. Which kind uneccessary mandatory prison be this kwanu angry grin

To cap it, she’s still a student. No impact in the guy, highest is sex. A young man trying to build his life on his own accord should save his hard earn money with you. I don’t get! Not a joint account... You’re not even working. What’s your plans to work? Abi you think say student for 9ga nor dey work? Back then in school, you see young ladies with their sewing machine making money while in school

Dey play!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by NEUDUDE: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
Betashop:

To cap it, she’s still a student. No impact in the guy, highest is sex. A young man trying to build his life on his own accord should save his hard earn money with you. I don’t get! Not a joint account... You’re not even working. What’s your plans to work? Abi you think say student for 9ga nor dey work? Back then in school, you see young ladies with their sewing machine making money while in school

Dey play!

Lol the marriage of a thing is an elaborate quick get rich scheme/scam for this ladies and a means for them to become useless. Like they feel entitled to your sweat and hardwork. The worse part is whilst you are busy some look for side prick to service them and then complain you don't have their time lol.

Before any guy marries any girl. My advice live with her for no less than a year, you will see something lol. I pity those simps that just pick and put in the house straight most of them later die prematurely lol grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Positiveme2020: 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
TenQ:

I asked them to open a joint account.

It's obvious the girl believed that she is more prudent that her fiance

Is alright, I thought you are in favour of depositing into a girlfriend account which is solely under her control and of which she is contributing nothing to.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by TenQ: 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2023
Positiveme2020:

Is alright, I thought you are in favour of depositing into a girlfriend account which is solely under her control and of which she is contributing nothing to.
It's okay!
Even then, Trust is earned through several interactions over a long period of TIME!

As a Married man, my wife has my ATM card and can access all my bank apps. If a man chose an untrustworthy woman as girlfriend, how can he convert her into a trustworthy wife. The foundation of a man's choice in a woman matters a lot
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by soke02(m): 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
Y do u want to convince him if u don't have ulterior motive?
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Positiveme2020: 3:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
TenQ:

It's okay!
Even then, Trust is earned through several interactions over a long period of TIME!

[b[b]]As a Married man, my wife has my ATM card and can access all my bank apps[/b]. [/b]If a man chose an untrustworthy woman as girlfriend, how can he convert her into a trustworthy wife. The foundation of a man's choice in a woman matters a lot

Wife is not girlfriend.
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by TenQ: 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
Positiveme2020:

Wife is not girlfriend.
Yes!
Wife not girlfriend!
Trust is earned with only with time
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Swaelyf(f): 10:24am On Jan 16, 2023
To be honest this is really lame, like how can you be so interested in your boyfriends income and savings balance when you are unemployed and still dependent, that alone has made you unqualified to question what he does with his hard earned money and to top the issue you have clearly seen he is unwilling to save with you then why dont you focus on building the future you want for yourself and if he is able to meet that future then its good but if he doesnt then you know you tried. long story short build your own future with your own hardwork
Banilla:
He's one the other side of the world! How can I be sure? He's young, indecisive... I love h, and I don't want us to ever break up. But long distance relationships don't last! If we don't settle down quick, we are over. And I don't want to give all my heart to someone who could break it. Half the time we were together, he had no job. And I didn't mind cause the relationship was relatively young. Now, we need to work towards something. What's the point if we don't? I won't spend his money, it's a promise. But either that or I find some way to pressure him into saving.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by OvertheTop(m): 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2023
rickpat:
you can only suggest a savings plan/pattern for him...you telling him to save in your account is WRONG..

focus on your own CAREER...talks like these makes most men disrespect women...when I read the topic,I even thought you work in a bank and you are advising him to open an account with your bank

NB: YOU ARE ONLY A GIRLFRIEND,IF THE TABLES WHERE TURNED WOULD YOU SAVE IN IS BANK ACCOUNT?..you have no right to tell him to save in your account except he is the one that ones too.. GIRL GIVE YOURSELF SOME RESPECT...things like these doesn't always end well...if the guy doesn't want to save in your account,let him be,no need pressurizing him, financial matters Should be decided between you two only...good luck

Chineke!! shocked
Men are Going Through alot o shocked shocked
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by BigIyanga: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
Banilla:
I'm not spending his money! Read the post. One of us has to hold it. We can't open a joint account, too far away to do so.

So what matters is who. And I'm better suited
What an arrogant sense of entitlement. He’s better suited to make his own money and save it.. go and make yours. You sound like a gold digger
Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Danlax(f): 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
Were U saving for him before you guys started dating..? I came across where yo stated thus� "I'm scared he could dump Me..! So when he dumps yo, yo can finally make way with his money..! Wetin dey hungry you no dey for market..!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 07, 2023
Danlax:
Were U saving for him before you guys started dating..? I came across where yo stated thus� "I'm scared he could dump Me..! So when he dumps yo, yo can finally make way with his money..! Wetin dey hungry you no dey for market..!
cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Every Husband Must Read This / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? / 16 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Get Married According To Ada Bekee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.