Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady (44060 Views)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive / My Husband Kidnapped, Raped And Forced Me Into Marrying Him – Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Justbehave(m): 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

Ode! grin grin grin grin.

His sister noticed something unusual in the lady. Did he tell you the unusual something has to do with the woman being a sickler?

Someone told you that his sister noticed something unsual about the woman. No information was given about the unusual something that was noticed. But you foolishly assumed that what his sister noticed in the woman were physical features of sickle cell disease. Ozuor!!! That's how they fail exams in school!
You are a lay man that why you want him to put everything in black and white for you. You would have been correct if he had said an unusual behaviour but no,her sister noticed something unusual in her physical attributes but no wahala carry cup.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Hassanmaye(m): 11:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
Samfloxin:
That kind of a thing happened to my guy. His fiancee brought a fake genotype result. After trad, in preparation for wedding his church insisted they have another test in their approved hospital,the bean was spilled. It was discovered that the girl was SS. That was the end of the marriage. The guy married another girl
.fear that gender
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by braunny(m): 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:
After getting the job,he was posted to one northern state where he met the lady from the south west.

In less than 6 months, he told me someone wanted to say Hi to me when he called. I heard a lady's voice. He later introduced her to me as his fiancee.

Long story short. We went for wedding and all.

At the point of delivery which the doctor insisted on her having CS due to her medical condition, my brother insisted the wife will deliver via push. It was then the doctor made known to my brother " oga you're talking as if you're not aware of your wife's health"

Omo!!! Na there my brother come say he no Sabi ooo. It was discovered she's indeed SS. I asked my brother before we went for all the marriage rites of they're compatible health wise an he answered affirmative.

After the discovery, my brother left the wife in the hospital but my dad and I insisted he gets back to her till after everything.

It was when was after the successful surgery my brother told me that his wife brought the test result from another lab, reason being that he was busy when they were supposed to go for the test together.

My brother's mind is made up on divorce.

What will you advise my brother to do?
is ur brother not educated SS have health signs he would have seen since na!!! 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Justbehave(m): 11:41pm On Jan 24, 2023
braunny:
is ur brother not educated SS have health signs he would have seen since na!!! 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔
Brother abeg tell them. I wonder how a grown man can live with a sickler for upto a year and claim he didn't notice any sign.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by GentleChief: 12:02am On Jan 25, 2023
blaise26abj:

Best match ? Like AAs don’t divorce or die like other people . There are ways to have healthy kids even when AS marries AS or SS . It is just expensive . So if you have money , that my brother , you are truly limitless in your choice

So why waste money when you can easily find an AA to marry?
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by flourishing247: 6:46am On Jan 25, 2023
Kingsean:

if she's SS you'd know. it's only people with SC that look healthier

Go to her page first.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Obascoetubi: 8:01am On Jan 25, 2023
Justbehave:
Fake story. It's only a fool who can't recognise a sickler through his or her physical structures and eye colours.
Modified.
All those people quoting me and saying trash are fools. How can one stay with a sickler for a very long time and still not know. If he wasn't aware of such I wonder what else he wasn't aware of.Me personally cannot stay with such a person and wouldn't be aware no matter how smart such a person claims.
How their eyes color look?
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by jheaboiy(m): 8:08am On Jan 25, 2023
Olmat:
I really do understand your pain, the only issue here is the fact she hid her status you. But marrying an SS is not a death sentence. I'm married to an SS, my beautiful wife, we have a daughter who's As. My wife hardly gets sick and you won't know she's SS unless she tells you.

Can you enlighten me more on this, cos I'm about taking the same path, I am AA but the lady I want to get settle with is SS though she doesn't look it. What the challenges that come with it. What's has your experience be
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by dochenaj: 8:35am On Jan 25, 2023
SodiumValproate:

Who thought you mathematics? Especially algebra?

Dude... Go back to school.
Interesting.

How someone could be confidently wrong beats my imagination.

And this is not algebra. It is genetics.

Sadly, you don't know that.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Victoria938(f): 8:37am On Jan 25, 2023
Deception of the highest order. There was no marriage in the first place and this should be dissolved based on deception.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by SodiumValproate: 9:14am On Jan 25, 2023
dochenaj:

Interesting.

How someone could be confidently wrong beats my imagination.

And this is not algebra. It is genetics.

Sadly, you don't know that.

A genetic algebra is a (possibly non-associative) algebra used to model inheritance in genetics

There is also Probability in genetics.

Which school did you attend?
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by 1Sharon(f): 10:16am On Jan 25, 2023
jheaboiy:

Can you enlighten me more on this, cos I'm about taking the same path, I am AA but the lady I want to get settle with is SS though she doesn't look it. What the challenges that come with it. What's has your experience be

It's you that will know the challenges, you're the one dating the girl. No be we go tell you
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by dochenaj: 10:16am On Jan 25, 2023
SodiumValproate:

A genetic algebra is a (possibly non-associative) algebra used to model inheritance in genetics

There is also Probability in genetics.

Which school did you attend?
The one reason I have decided to engage you further is because this is a public forum and can be informative for others who come to stumble on these our exchanges.

Let's go through the different scenarios.

I will label parent with AS genotype as parent A and parent with SS genotype as parent B.

Case 1
If parent A gives the A allele and parent B gives the S allele we have an AS child.

Case 2
If parent A gives the A allele and parent B gives the other S allele we have an AS child.

Case 3
If parent A gives the S allele and parent B gives the S allele we have an SS child

Case 4
If parent A gives the S allele and the parent B gives the other S allele we have an SS child.

So in the 4 scenarios we have possibility of 2 AS child and 2 SS child.

Translating into a 50% probability of having an AS child and a 50% probability of having an SS child.

Another way to look at it, and a more simplistic way is that the SS parent will always give an S allele and hence the deciding factor rests on which allele the carrier(AS) parent gives. And when the parent gives an A allele we have an AS child and when they give an S allele we have an SS child. Hence a 50 - 50 chance of an SS child.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Sweetvie: 7:35pm On Jan 25, 2023
jheaboiy:

Dey play
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by akube34: 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2023
GentleChief:

So why waste money when you can easily find an AA to marry?
you call spending money for love waste of money? So one should marry bcus of AA. Funny
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by akube34: 7:42pm On Jan 25, 2023
Creamypie:
that means u didn't read to understand. Iine 7, I said at least one of em has to be AA, irrespective of genotype of the other. Whether ss, as, aa.as AS can't marry AS or SS
don’t say they can’t marry. Just say they shouldn’t give birth without taking necessary steps. People marry and decide not to give birth, do you know?

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by akube34: 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2023
IMASTEX:

Well, AS can marry AS but must be under medical supervision. I know of close person who did with full knowledge of their genotype, when I probe further he told me there are medical procedure for them. They have got a none carrier child already. Though, it costs money.
hi can I get your email please
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Creamypie(m): 8:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
akube34:
don’t say they can’t marry. Just say they shouldn’t give birth without taking necessary steps. People marry and decide not to give birth, do you know?
the context in which the discussion was made was that of child bearing between couples whose genotypes weren't compatible, which is why my point 2 clearly states that couples who can remain married, but they shouldn't have kids.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by IMASTEX: 6:44am On Jan 26, 2023
akube34:
hi can I get your email please
imastex@yahoo.com
Though, if it's in relation to my comment, it's an open secret in the medical field hence can be accessed randomly.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by deewhone(f): 4:01am On Jan 27, 2023
Your brother is also to be blamed here. Knowing fully well of his genotype, he shouldn't have given chances. Someone whose genotype is AS should always be conscious of genotype in any relationship before or when it becomes serious, especially when leading to marriage.
Deeprooted:

My brother is AS
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Kingkom: 1:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
Gbogbowa:
The person that wrote this should be an APC member,or son to somebody in Apc,the lying party,how can you marry an SS and she will not have serious health crisis during courtships,after marriage and carrying pregnancy for 9month only to discover during labor,lies
I live with sickle cell, I have never been on hospital admission since 2015.
I am married, with 3 kids.
In fact unless I tell you, you wouldn't guess I live with sickle cell.
I am in my 40s and doing well for myself. So quit with the misconceptions.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Kingkom: 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2023
I came across your username in a search about something else and I decided to go through your posts. My Warrior brother you are doing amazing job of educating those who feel they know what it's to live with sickle cell.
To this post, my son is a AS and about 3 times now he has exhibited traits of being in crisis. At a point I have to take him to run an xray and every thing came back fine.
It was the second crisis that a doctor told me that he will be experiencing these episodes from time to time until he starts taking better care of himself.
Paulheyman:

It is impossible to detect outside laboratory test. Some sicklers don't even know they're sicklers until a test is done to confirm it.

They are factors that affect the manifestation of the disease
1) phenotype
2) mean corpsular hemoglobin concentration
3) environmental factor
4) concentration of alpha and beta thalassemia
5) genotype - HbSS, HbSC, HbSArab, Hbalpha/beta thalassemia etc: each genotype have different disease manifestation

Note 1: At a higher altitude, HbAS start having painful crisis similar to sickle cell painful episodes.

Note 2: I am not a doctor nor a pharmacist nor a nurse nor a laboratory scientist. I am a patient

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man With 100 Children Proposes To His Own Daughter Mistakenly. Photos / They Live In A Face Me I Face You Compound / Bulldog: If My Daughter Wants To Be A Prostitue At 18, I Won't Discourage Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.